The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Please. She did not kill those people. And she spoke about what she knew at the time.
6 investigations and you got nothing.
I'm not talking about the investigations or wether she was to blame or any of that. She did not tell those poor people what she knew at the time. She lied to their faces as the dead bodies were coming off the plane. But at this point, what difference does it make?

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I'm not talking about the investigations or wether she was to blame or any of that. She did not tell those poor people what she knew at the time. She lied to their faces as the dead bodies were coming off the plane. But at this point, what difference does it make?

Again you have no evidence that she lied.

ReggieB

That's interesting that the ambassador's sister mentions under funding, anyone got any idea why it was under funded?

ReggieB,

lwien

During his speech today he kind of apologized...

Saying that you "regret" something is a far cry from saying that you are sorry. When you say, "I regret", you are apologizing to yourself. When you say, "Im sorry", you are apologizing to someone else.

She did not tell those poor people what she knew at the time. She lied to their faces as the dead bodies were coming off the plane. But at this point, what difference does it make?

Sorry t, but I gotta say that that was a direct quote from Sean Hannity on Fox. Not accusing you of plagiarizing him but those were his exact words.

I had to add this he he.:rofl::rofl::lmao:Trump will be so pissed. He deserves all this ridicule.
NSFW: Naked Statues of Donald Trump Appeared in Five Major Cities Today | Mediaite
Mediaite › online › nsfw-naked-statues-o...
10 hours ago - There have been at least five major cities that woke up Thursday to an interesting surprise: a life-sized, ...

I sure would hate to see what the Hillary version of this would look like.....:uhoh:.

Trump must be shitting bricks over this right about now.

Last edited:

Farid

Trying to stay out of this thread, since there really is nothing to add to this mess.

I will say this, though. I was at a Muslim wedding last night, and there is much more support for Trump than you would expect. It's all certainly lukewarm, but Hillary is much more unlikable/unelectable to religious conservative Muslims than Trump.

Most of the support is just because they dislike Clinton's record on the ME, and feel that by Trump winning, America can face it's bigotry problem head on. If Clinton wins, all of the Trump people will be able to say "told you so" when Clinton fails, and it will give fuel to bigoted sentiments. If Trump wins, all of the Trump people's bigoted dreams will have to be faced, and the American people would have to own the fact that Trump is the populist candidate, and thus bigotry/racism is populist today.

lwien

If Trump wins, all of the Trump people's bigoted dreams will have to be faced, and the American people would have to own the fact that Trump is the populist candidate, and thus bigotry/racism is populist today.

Are you implying that that is somehow a "silver lining"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: It's official, Manafort resigned today. No surprise there, eh?

Last edited:
lwien,
Reactions: ReggieB

Farid

Are you implying that that is somehow a "silver lining"?

Not me, my family members. They feel that bigotry against Muslims (and other groups) is on the rise, and that Americans will not fully see the ugliness until it manifests itself via Trump winning. They think Clinton will actually validate this bigotry because people will not see the ugliness of a racist Trump regime, and will instead see the failures of a Clinton regime. The failures of Clinton will allow people to glorify Trump, as "the guy who could have done things different", and that will actually make this bigotry more prevalent in the next election.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
"The Clinton Foundation said Thursday it will not accept foreign or corporate donations if Hillary Clinton is elected president in November."

So, hurry up and donate today! This sale may end* in 80 days and 15 hrs... Don't wait to buy your slice of american pie, while supplies last.

fixed*

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
First Trump panders to the black community and then the 'apologies' speech ... if you can call that an apology.

What I'm looking for is sincerity in these presentations and I'm still looking. Who knows....maybe if he practices enough he can project it like a real politician.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Trying to stay out of this thread, since there really is nothing to add to this mess.

I will say this, though. I was at a Muslim wedding last night, and there is much more support for Trump than you would expect. It's all certainly lukewarm, but Hillary is much more unlikable/unelectable to religious conservative Muslims than Trump.

Most of the support is just because they dislike Clinton's record on the ME, and feel that by Trump winning, America can face it's bigotry problem head on. If Clinton wins, all of the Trump people will be able to say "told you so" when Clinton fails, and it will give fuel to bigoted sentiments. If Trump wins, all of the Trump people's bigoted dreams will have to be faced, and the American people would have to own the fact that Trump is the populist candidate, and thus bigotry/racism is populist today.
Trump will make the ISIS problem worse. He will do what all those folks that have extremist idea have. He will turn this whole problem into a full, blown up war on a religion. That's not the issue.
That's not what we want either.

Hillary is too quick to go to war. It's no wonder some people are fed up and will will write in a name.

His_Highness

@grokit

In Hillary's world the gift that keeps on giving continues. Now the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is pushing for an indictment for perjury. Because of Hillary's recorded testimony, given under oath, and what we now know from the FBI and other sources, it appears that she did indeed lie under oath on several occasions. Now, perjury has a very, very high legal bar and it is tough to get a conviction which is why we haven't had one in a long time. However just an indictment could be very damaging.

For those that like source material here is the latest letter the committee sent to the DOJ, it outlines the lies in excruciating detail:

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-cont...to-Phillips-USAO-DC-Perjury-Investigation.pdf

And the video they made . . .

If they can make perjury stick this would be all that's needed to cause her to lose. Too much like Bill's past issues with the truth not to be amplified. IMO they have smoke but not enough fire to make it stick. In order for it to be perjury you have to PROVE THE PERSON KNOWINGLY LIED UNDER OATH. Simply being wrong is not enough.

If they can prove perjury would it be better to get it over with before the election or impeach her?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How Will the Media Handle the “Trump-light Zone”?
by Nancy LeTourneau
August 18, 2016 8:57 AM

Robert Schlesinger writes that we have now entered the “Trump-light Zone.”

Attention, establishment Republicans! Attention Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, John McCain and Kelly Ayotte; attention anyone running for office this cycle (or next) with “R” next to their name anywhere but in the deepest red districts. This is your final off-ramp before the cliff. Have a nice day…

So if you’re one of the aforementioned establishment Republicans who has been trying to ride the tiger and find a balance between exhilaration and survival – trying to skate by with inane promises to vote for but not endorse the candidate or decrying him a racist and then in the next breath reaffirming your endorsement of him for president – this is your last chance…

That point of no return? There’s a sign-post up ahead: Next stop, the Trump-light Zone. This is your final exit before then.​

What struck me is that we have reached an interesting point in this 2016 presidential race. Trump’s hiring of Bannon and Conway isn’t just a signal to Republicans – it sends a message to all of us who have been watching this one closely. We’re not going to see anything new from Donald Trump. What we’ve been seeing is what we’ll continue to get.

The people who will be most impacted by that are the media. After all, there are only so many stories you can write about:

* Trump said something dumb/inflamatory
* a Trump spokesperson said something dumb/inflamatory
* another Republican defected from the fold
* here’s a new poll showing Clinton beating Trump…badly

OK, so you can continue to write about those things. But pretty soon people will get bored with it all and they won’t produce the eyeballs and clicks that you need.

It is impossible to predict what comes next. One thing that could shake things up would be a big national/global event outside the campaigns. But other than exaggerating a non-crisis into a crisis (which the media is certainly capable of doing), that’s not something that can be manufactured. The other possibility is that we’ll see something along the lines of what Jon Favreau predicted last week.

…the media will eventually grow tired of the “Trump’s finished” story line and move on to the much more clickable “Trump’s comeback” narrative. Any day now, some Quinnipiac poll that shows a tied race in Pennsylvania will force Democrats to lose control of their bladders. A Trump surge in a stray tracking poll will result in a CNN Breaking News Countdown Clock that will tick down the seconds to an emergency panel of 37 pundits. The sheer hysteria of the “How Could She Blow This?” pieces will dwarf the collective freak-out that followed President Obama’s first debate loss in 2012. It won’t be pretty.​

Our 24/7 news media can’t handle a vacuum – especially not after the “rush” of months of Trumpmania. So it’s time for all of us to prepare ourselves…we’re about the enter the Trump-light Zone.

cybrguy,
Reactions: BD9

Gunky

The Trump campaign is more or less in free-fall now. Republican officialdom is not discussing whether to shift spending from Trump to down-ballot candidates but when to do it. This is particularly noteworthy when you consider that the Trump 'campaign' itself has nothing in the way of conventional campaign organization, fund-raising, advertising and get out the vote operation - they were relying on the RNC!

Now they dumped Manafort, whose Russian odor had gotten too high, and replaced him with an alt-right web guy who has never run a campaign and yet another smarmy, truth-challenged female spin-doctor. The Breitbart guy is like poking a stick in the eye of the repub establishment, or should I say biting the hand of the establishment feeding Trump. It's astonishing. Less like a political campaign than a Czar and his family, along with assorted Rasputin-like aides, camp followers, plotters, yes-men and so on.

Last edited:

ReggieB

First Trump panders to the black community and then the 'apologies' speech ... if you can call that an apology.

What I'm looking for is sincerity in these presentations and I'm still looking. Who knows....maybe if he practices enough he can project it like a real politician.
Thing is, it was totally misguided to give an apology to a partisan crowd, I would guess that most people who are turned off by him already don't care that he's sorry, there's no fixing those points of view, it would be a pivot and we all know it's not him apologising. He's been far too sincere being donald for people to believe he's had a change of heart.

His_Highness

Thing is, it was totally misguided to give an apology to a partisan crowd, I would guess that most people who are turned off by him already don't care that he's sorry, there's no fixing those points of view, it would be a pivot and we all know it's not him apologising. He's been far too sincere being donald for people to believe he's had a change of heart.

That ..... and the grin on his face when he pivots like that. Somebody needs to teach him how to stop grinning like that when he's supposed to be 'sorry'.

ReggieB

It's also probably not a good idea to shift further right while you're trying to attract a minority vote but he managed to go further than right and went with a media guy who employs people banned from twitter for racism...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Manafort Out, Someone Worse Is In
by Martin Longman
August 19, 2016 1:30 PM

You know, it’s true that Richard Nixon did very well in the South by employing the so-called “Southern Strategy,” but Jimmy Carter took the South back from the Republicans in 1976. I think that a lot of people forget this.

1976electoral-map-300x193.jpg

So, once Ronald Reagan had secured the Republican presidential nomination in 1980, a young Connecticut Yankee named Paul Manafort decided that the best idea he could come up with was to have the candidate go down to Philadelphia, Mississippi and attend a county fair. The county (Neshoba) was chosen carefully. It was the same county where civil rights volunteers James Earl Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael “Mickey” Schwerner had been slain by members of the local White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan a mere sixteen years earlier. Reagan went to that county fair, and here is what he said:

In his relatively short speech, Reagan declared, “I believe in state’s rights … And I believe that we’ve distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended in the constitution to that federal establishment. And if I do get the job I’m looking for, I’m going to devote myself to trying to reorder those priorities and to restore to the states and local communities those functions which properly belong there.”​

It worked. Ronald Reagan won every state in the former Confederacy except President Carter’s home state of Georgia.

Thus, Manafort is rightly considered one of the architects of the Republican Party’s post-Nixon Southern Strategy. Another thing he did in 1980 was team up with fellow race-baiters Lee Atwater, Charlie Black and Roger Stone. With Black and Stone, he formed a lobbying group that soon had impressive clients like Ferdinand Marcos, Mohamed Siad Barre of Somalia and Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire. It was quite a climb for a guy who had only graduated from Georgetown Law School in 1974.

Mercenary by nature and evidently conscienceless, Manafort would go in more recent years to work with Vladimir Putin’s puppet clients in Ukraine, going so far to help lay the groundwork for the Russian annexation of Crimea.

As a consultant for foreign politicians, he could rake in millions without any requirement to disclose what he was doing, though there are federal laws against lobbying on the behalf of foreign clients in the United States. That’s a requirement that Manafort apparently ignored, and he could now face prosecution for the “oversight.”

Here’s the Associated Press:

Donald Trump’s campaign chairman helped a pro-Russian governing party in Ukraine secretly route at least $2.2 million in payments to two prominent Washington lobbying firms in 2012, and did so in a way that effectively obscured the foreign political party’s efforts to influence U.S. policy.

The revelation, provided to The Associated Press by people directly knowledgeable about the effort, comes at a time when Trump has faced criticism for his friendly overtures to Russian President Vladimir Putin. It also casts new light on the business practices of campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Under federal law, U.S. lobbyists must declare publicly if they represent foreign leaders or their political parties and provide detailed reports about their actions to the Justice Department. A violation is a felony and can result in up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.​

Reading over the coverage of Manafort’s abrupt resignation in the Washington Post and The New York Times, I can’t help but feel that the media is soft-pedaling the real reason that Manafort decided to step down (or was forced out, you decide).

The way it’s being presented is that Trump decided to move in another direction and that in hiring new top staffers, Manafort was being demoted. Not enough emphasis is put on the fact that new revelations have unearthed evidence both that Manafort broke the law and that he’s been lying about it for weeks.

Where in the Washington Post’s article is there any mention that a Ukrainian member of parliament named Serhiy Leshchenko held a press conference this morning that “divulged more details of what he said were payments made to Donald Trump’s campaign chief in the U.S. presidential race by the political party of the Kremlin-backed former Ukrainian leader Viktor Yankovich”?

Is the timing not a bit of a tell here?

What’s kind of amazing is that we already knew that Trump was relying on cynical and mercenary race-baiting veterans of Reagan’s Southern Strategy, but Manafort’s replacement is a white supremacist (or indistinguishable from one, anyway). Maybe Stephen Bannon won’t be so far in Vladimir Putin’s pocket that he’ll change the Republican Party platform to appease him. Of course, it’s too late to do that this year, so I guess we’ll never know.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Sorry t, but I gotta say that that was a direct quote from Sean Hannity on Fox. Not accusing you of plagiarizing him but those were his exact words.
Thats quite a coincidence because I dislike Hannity and never watch him.

You can add David Nierenberg to the list of Republicans endorsing Hillary.

His op-ed for CNBC is here and in it he explains his reasons.

An updated list of Repubs that oppose Trump is here. Its getting pretty big.

Bdubbdiblets

"I'm sorry"

Ryan Lochte and Trump have something in common..not surprising....dog help us...

Btw...if I either vandalize at my work or start yelling racist profanity I am quite certain I would be sent home...for good. Just sayin..

Trump says sorry and now the polls are tight again...seriously though...dog please help us..

In vape I trust..:spliff:

CarolKing

Here's the whole article if you want to read it.
Radical Rant: If You Like Legal Marijuana, You Must Vote for Hillary (Sorry) – High Times
High Times › culture › radical-rant-if-yo...
By Russ Belville July 29, 2016 ... agency that would make a regulatory decision regarding cannabis. ... But consider what Hillary Clinton as president would be like if she .... I'll start with recommending that you reread an article that you wrote: ...

This is part of an article (from High Times magazine) why we should vote for Hillary if we want legal weed. . Its a pretty good article. I thought the Giant Douche or Turd Sandwhich sounded familiar. Brilliant minds must think a like.

Most of you don't like the two-party system, the corrupt oligarchy that offers us two puppets of the wealthy, the choice of Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich. But throwing the election to Donald Trump by denying Hillary Clinton the votes she needs to beat him is not the way to end the duopoly. If you really want to end Republican/Democratic dominance, you can’t just change the players, you’ve got to change the game, and that will require about twenty years of ballot initiatives and constitutional amendments, not a symbolic protest vote every four years.

You might be harboring the feeling that there’s really no difference between Clinton and Trump. If that’s really true, then what difference does it make which of them you vote for? Given the choice of two lying, corrupt multimillionaires, shouldn’t we at least pick the one whose convention audience looks more like America and who doesn’t demean women, gays, immigrants, the disabled, and religious minorities? Perhaps pick the one who has actually served as an elected official at any level?

Maybe you’re even thinking about voting for Trump, just because you hate Hillary Clinton that much or you have the delusion that he “alone” is going to “make America great again.” If so, I think you’re not putting a lot of thought into just how a Trump Administration would impact marijuana legalization.

Consider that a President Trump wouldn’t just be on your TV making “fantastic” speeches, “believe me.” He would be appointing the next Attorney General, the nation’s top cop, and the rumors are that it will be New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Do you need a refresher on exactly how shitty Christie would be for legalization? On the campaign trail, he told us to smoke up while we can in Colorado, because he would be shutting it all down and enforcing federal drug laws.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Trump Campaign Assumed Indian-American Supporter Was A Protester, Tossed Him Out Of Rally
Needless to say, he no longer plans to vote for Trump.
08/19/2016 05:22 pm ET
Daniel Marans Reporter, Huffington Post
57b760ef1800002100bcbe53.jpeg

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER/GETTY IMAGES
Rose Hamid, left, and Jake Anantha, right, are escorted from the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, N.C., prior to a rally for Donald Trump on Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016.
After getting thrown out of a Donald Trump rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, a young Trump supporter of Indian descent says he won’t vote for the GOP nominee.

Local college student Jake Anantha, 18, told the Charlotte Observer that a staff member tasked with security said they recognized him as a frequent protester and escorted him out of the convention hall shortly before the rally began.

Anantha, who was wearing a Trump T-shirt and had stationed himself behind the stage in the Charlotte Convention Center, protested ― to no avail ― that he supported the GOP presidential nominee.

Security also ejected Rose Hamid, an observant Muslim distributing flowers at the rally in an effort to change perceptions of Muslims. Hamid, a flight attendant who lives in Charlotte, drew national attention in January when she stood up in silent protest at a Trump rally in South Carolina and was promptly expelled, drawing cheers from the crowd.

Anantha said he felt singled out for the color of his skin, since he saw throngs of white people being allowed to enter after he was ejected.

“I thought (Trump) was for all people. I don’t believe he is for all people anymore,” he told the Observer. “Why are all these white people allowed to attend and I’m not?”

Trump’s staff is legally permitted to control who comes into his rallies since they are private events typically held in private venues.

Anantha, whose grandparents immigrated to the United States from India, recalled defending Trump to critics, claiming the candidate’s offensive rhetoric was an appropriate way to express frustration with unauthorized immigration and jihadism.

Now Anantha may cast the first presidential vote of his life for Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson.

Edit
He and his dad were interviewed on Rachel Maddow. He seemed like s legit young man. A mean dose of reality. He was backing a racist candidate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom