TETRAx

dimmusp

Just try it, maybe just make it right to 0.2175 and try ?
I ended up raising it from the default 0.217 all the way up to 0.227 (5 steps of raising it by two clicks). Now it produces visible vapor at around 190-195 C. Is that the expected temp for visible vapor?

Thanks

GoldenBud

I ended up raising it from the default 0.217 all the way up to 0.227 (5 steps of raising it by two clicks). Now it produces visible vapor at around 190-195 C. Is that the expected temp for visible vapor?

Thanks
Yeah, If you go higher to 230C with a bong you'll feel the deeper effects. but start from 200C to see if it's ok

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

What's the exact sizing of the TUBOx ? Good friend of mine can make some 3d printed protective case for it

GoldenBud,
Reactions: dimmusp

1nd3cEnt

I finally received 1 of my 3 or 4 orders I’ve done lol.

Wow, nice package. Wenge X with black&white power cord, great combo, Oak X 0.246R, couple of nice beech stash boxes, the carbed tube wpa is so much better than the basic wpa, thicker glass. But claptons for the Xs, that's interesting.

1nd3cEnt,

dimmusp

I ended up setting the resistance to 0.233 (versus the 0.217 in the paper that came with my TETRAx). With that, I see vapor being produced starting at 195-200 C.

Is it normal for the correct resistance to be so much higher than the factory spec?

BTW, my throat still gets pretty sore after a session with the TETRAx + spiked bent stem. My wife also coughs a lot if she takes a few big hits. Is that also common?

Thanks

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

I ended up setting the resistance to 0.233 (versus the 0.217 in the paper that came with my TETRAx). With that, I see vapor being produced starting at 195-200 C.

Is it normal for the correct resistance to be so much higher than the factory spec?

BTW, my throat still gets pretty sore after a session with the TETRAx + spiked bent stem. My wife also coughs a lot if she takes a few big hits. Is that also common?

Thanks
yeah it's only like 7% higher, it's ok
your throat doesn't like the organic gas until it get used to it like after 1-2 monthes
220C+ you'll need a bubbler ;)

GoldenBud,

Terpenetime

When I first got my Tetra P80 I was initially struggling to get decent hits at what I considered to be ‘normal’ temperature settings, so I went down the route of increasing the resistance setting. I mentioned this to Ralph and his response was...

“Changing the resistance is also messing with warmup time and eco features, I recommend working with the temp dial mostly if you need it to be hotter. The device is calibrated so it supplies the displayed temp 5mm above the internal screen in the stems. When using it on demand it takes 2-3 draws for the heater to supplied this level of heat. You can use the warmup mode or let cruise run for 20 seconds for it to warmup a bit before your first draw”

Terpenetime,

GoldenBud

tubox arrived
locked the resistance as the sticker says
so good at 200c :>

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

SparkyMcBowl

is it locked? same as the sticker?
No, because when I set it up according to the sticker and manual, the display temp ranged from 600-800 and no vapor was produced. The sticker said 0.191, cold read was 0.324, I've got it adjusted down to 0.265 for the moment but not happy yet.

ginger_bier,

GoldenBud

No, because when I set it up according to the sticker and manual, the display temp ranged from 600-800 and no vapor was produced. The sticker said 0.191, cold read was 0.324, I've got it adjusted down to 0.265 for the moment but not happy yet.
Get another mod for testing! Maybe mod problem?

GoldenBud,

KurtSmoooth

Damn yall are making me jealous. Really hope mine shows up soon as its been over 5 weeks since it shipped. :/

As others have said i would keep the resistance set to what the sticker says and just adjust temp. I run my tetrax at 410f-440f.

KurtSmoooth,

SparkyMcBowl

If your sticker says .191 and you dont have it set to .191 your gonna have issues. Set it accordingly and asjust temp higher
Then it's going to have to go back to Ralph, because it doesn't work set to 0.191. Adjusting the temp won't do anything if it's reading 600-800; it's set to 380F

ginger_bier,
Top Bottom