TETRAx

tokenknifeguy

I had a problem with the ohms not working right with my tetrax and I know a few on here seemed to have the same problem. It can easily be fixed by adjusting the ohms up or down, but my tetrax came with a ohm reading from lamart at .242. I couldn't get any vapor at that setting, and bumped the ohms up until I got hits to my liking, and it is now at .26 - .27 ohms.

Max3334

Thanks, I’ll definitely try the original reading on the tag and start from there I was hoping to receive it today but Usps says Monday err.

Max3334,

Max3334

I just got my tetraX(2nd hand) and I went for a test run and the heater glowed and I’m pretty sure that’s not supposed to happen.
I uploaded the new tubo firmware on my rx gen 3 with the tubo firmware. I locked the resistance according to the sticker, and left everything else the same except the temp I set that at 390 and after less then a minute or so I saw the heater glow and I stopped it immediately? Any advice? I also noticed when I used the warm up setting it was warming up lower than the set temp which was strange to me. Do I leave the set watt at 70?

Max3334,

GoldenBud

I just got my tetraX(2nd hand) and I went for a test run and the heater glowed and I’m pretty sure that’s not supposed to happen.
I uploaded the new tubo firmware on my rx gen 3 with the tubo firmware. I locked the resistance according to the sticker, and left everything else the same except the temp I set that at 390 and after less then a minute or so I saw the heater glow and I stopped it immediately? Any advice? I also noticed when I used the warm up setting it was warming up lower than the set temp which was strange to me. Do I leave the set watt at 70?
Do you know how to take a proper hit?
Did you read the manual and watched atleast 1-2 reviews?
Can you try On-Demand mode, not Cruise?

About glowing... it can happen, they are SS wires. but how's the hit you took? you felt taste/vapor?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

Max3334

I see some videos but just them ripping it. I read some notes on this forum see, and my first hit was total combustion. Not very good. Lots of smoke hahaha

Max3334,

1nd3cEnt

Probably you were in Power/wattage mode & you engaged 'Cruise', a big no-no.
If in TC/Tubo mode & you use Cruise, set the timer for say 20 secs, ymmv.

1nd3cEnt,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_82

TUBOxquicksetup.png

entering menu,coils,tuboset is very important, it saves the value again. sometimes it's not taken over after an update

Max3334

Do you know how to take a proper hit?
Did you read the manual and watched atleast 1-2 reviews?
Can you try On-Demand mode, not Cruise?

About glowing... it can happen, they are SS wires. but how's the hit you took? you felt taste/vapor?

I don’t know what I did, but everything is working perfectly just Like the p80. Strange I left everything the same, I’m not sure why that happen the first time warm up/cruise it glowed quite a bite. And the temperature that usually jumps around the correct temperature(410f) was jumping around very low(220-240)compared to what it was set to and by then it was glowing. The second time around worked perfectly, I did notice that this one compared to my p80tetra runs a little more hotter and i had to turn the temp down. Started at around 410f had to drop down to 395 - 390f, I’m going to mess with it a little more tonight.

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_82

TUBOxquicksetup.png

entering menu,coils,tuboset is very important, it saves the value again. sometimes it's not taken over after an update

thank you, i left the tcr 185, and I locked the resistance according to the sticker. I will se the check to no I have not done that yet. And lastly do I leave the wattage at 70? I was just a little worried in that first attempt that glowing of the coil. The second time I tried it, it did not glowed.

Probably you were in Power/wattage mode & you engaged 'Cruise', a big no-no.
If in TC/Tubo mode & you use Cruise, set the timer for say 20 secs, ymmv.
It was definitely in tcr mode I had set the temperature and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max3334,

1nd3cEnt

do I leave the wattage at 70?

The wattage setting in Tubo/TC mode is a maximum of watts only, I set it at 60watts to save a little battery, but 70watts is recommended & standard.

this one compared to my p80tetra runs a little more hotter and i had to turn the temp down.

Adjust your resistance setting down 0.002 ohms at a time to reduce the heating if it remains an issue.

1nd3cEnt,

Max3334

The wattage setting in Tubo/TC mode is a maximum of watts only, I set it at 60watts to save a little battery, but 70watts is recommended & standard.

Adjust your resistance setting down 0.002 ohms at a time to reduce the heating if it remains an issue.

When I adjust the resistance.002 ohms down it reduces the heat and vis versa, .002 up will increase the heat if I am understanding correctly.

Max3334,

1nd3cEnt

When I adjust the resistance.002 ohms down it reduces the heat and vis versa, .002 up will increase the heat if I am understanding correctly.

Yes exactly - some prefer the heater to be hotter/higher ohms, others cooler/lower ohms.

entering menu, coils, tuboset is very important, it saves the value again. sometimes it's not taken over after an update

Ok, if you enter Menu/4 clicks, then go down to the second last line & change any value, it will unlock resistance that is already locked! So always check that resistance is still locked after messing with the menu. This happened more than once & I could never understand why until now.

1nd3cEnt,

Max3334

Yes exactly - some prefer the heater to be hotter/higher ohms, others cooler/lower ohms.

Ok, if you enter Menu/4 clicks, then go down to the second last line & change any value, it will unlock resistance that is already locked! So always check that resistance is still locked after messing with the menu. This happened more than once & I could never understand why until now.

awesome, thanks I think that’s is probably what happened the first time I tried it, I had set everything and I thought it was locked and maybe it wasn’t based off of what your saying and I was so excited I didn’t notice to check it again. I will test it out later tonight.

@1nd3cEnt
I just tested it out the original resistance on the tag was. .230 I dropping it to .228 had some glow in Warm up not to bad. Then I tried at .226 had minimal glow and I was able to get about two great cloud full hits out of the micro dose screen bowl. I’m going to try it at .224 I think that’s going to be my
Number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max3334,

1nd3cEnt

I just tested it out the original resistance on the tag was. .230 I dropping it to .228 had some glow in Warm up not to bad. Then I tried at .226 had minimal glow and I was able to get about two great cloud full hits out of the micro dose screen bowl. I’m going to try it at .224 I think that’s going to be my Number.

That's great, you are getting the hang of it already! My tetra's resistance is 0.248 but I have lowered it a little to 0.246, whereas others on this thread have upped resistance, eg. from 0.239 to 0.275 ohms, so ymmv.

Last edited:
1nd3cEnt,

1nd3cEnt

@hoyo77 posted this message about the next TetraX & Tetra P80 drop (from the Tetra P80 thread):

Hi!
I'm pleased to let you know it's nearly time for the next drop :-)
There will be several prebuilt units available:
  • 15 Tetra P80s
  • 6 Tetra Xs
  • 4 remodelled OG Tubo Xs (these will be sold at a discounted price)
Orders will be open from :

Thursday 7th May - - 9PM CET (Swiss Time) - -
USA time:
3PM (East) / 12PM (West)

The new items will be made available here:

Tetra P80: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_91
Tetra X : https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_88

We'll list the new items on those pages at the time of the drop and you can then check out whatever you've selected.
You can see examples of the wood types, box mod colours and engravings we might have available from the images on the custom P80 page: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_91&product_id=728
  • If you want to add anything extra after you've set up an order, you can use the code ADDTOORDER at the checkout
  • Items are shipped once a week, and the status of your order will change when the items are sent.
Feel free to get back to me if you need any more info or have any questions about the ordering process, and thanks again for your interest!

Paddy

1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: dimmusp

dimmusp

So I finally got my TETRAx this week! Very nice craftsmanship and attention to detail @funkyjunky ! It shows that you care about aesthetics because of how you matched the black/green cable to the green-tinted bendy stem and the green rubber band. And (by coincidence?), it also matches the green LED of my P80.

If I were to nitpick, the (birch) wood type is not as nice as I'd expected (very light-colored and nowhere near as "fancy"-looking as most photos people share) and the metal circle on the connector side is not *perfectly* straight against the wooden cube.

Also, the rubber band is too big to keep my TETRAx + P80 mod together. I tried some velcro straps but then the mod just slips down through it since it's smooth and somewhat heavy with the battery inside. I can use them two-handed but making a "poor man's" TP80 would be interesting. Any ideas? :)

Other than that, everything feels super solid and well-made. I can brag that it's "Made in Switzerland"!

The paper on my TETRAx says to set the resistance to 0.217, which sounds low compared to other people's numbers. Does anyone's have such a low recommended resistance? How do you know if the resistance is set correctly?

Thanks

Last edited:
dimmusp,

1nd3cEnt

So I finally got my TETRAx this week!

Congrats, success!

the (birch) wood type is not as nice as I'd expected

Irrespective of the wood, the construction of the device is solid. Anyway after a while, the power & effectiveness of the Tetra is what you 'see', is what you end up reaching for.

the rubber band is too big to keep my TETRAx + P80 mod together

I only use wpas & a water piece, so can't help there.

The paper on my TETRAx says to set the resistance to 0.217, which sounds low compared to other people's numbers. Does anyone's have such a low recommended resistance?

0.217 ohms seems low compared to other's resistance on this thread. My Tetra is tagged at 0.248 ohms, but have dropped it to 0.244 ohms.

How do you know if the resistance is set correctly?

I would assume that Lamart makes certain that the tagged resistance is correct, but it really does not matter that much bc you can increase or decrease your resistance to match your specific requirements: higher resistance for extra heating, lower resistance for less heating.

I mostly use Cruise set at 15 seconds, rarely on-demand, & mostly use the rimmed basket screen about 1/2 or 2/3 full. Always double check that your resistance is locked, bc it will unlock if you go into Menu/4 clicks & play around with the fourth line. Enjoy!

1nd3cEnt,

dimmusp

Here 's the resistance for my TETRAx:

It really does look like 0.217, right?

I'd never vaped before so I have a hard time knowing what's vapor and what's smoke to figure out how to adjust the resistance.

At the default settings (0.217, 195C), I don't get any "clouds". I have to raise the temperature to ~215C or raise the resistance to 0.225 to get them, but then I'm not sure if it's vapor or smoke because it feels harsh.

(I don't think I'm combusting because the AVB doesn't look charred or ash white)

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

At the default settings (0.217, 195C), I don't get any "clouds". I have to raise the temperature to ~215C or raise the resistance to 0.225 to get them, but then I'm not sure if it's vapor or smoke because it feels harsh.
TCR 185, 70W, Resistance=0.217 and 195C right? all set? You watched 1-2 reviews? you take big long deep draws? alot of air?

GoldenBud,

dimmusp

TCR 185, 70W, Resistance=0.217 and 195C right? all set? You watched 1-2 reviews? you take big long deep draws? alot of air?
I watched reviews a looong time ago when I was still trying to snag a TETRA from a drop :razz:

I'll try long hard draws.

How many watts should the mod show while doing that?

Thanks

dimmusp,
Reactions: muunch

1nd3cEnt

It really does look like 0.217, right?

Yea, 0.217 ohms.

I'd never vaped before so I have a hard time knowing what's vapor and what's smoke to figure out how to adjust the resistance.

Ok, we are only dealing with vapor, not smoke, unless you combust by mistake & you will know it if you do it.

I don't get any "clouds"

Cloud production when vaping is generally nothing like clouds produced when smoking/combusting. I generally don't get huge clouds either but then I don't really want huge clouds.

I have to raise the temperature to ~215C or raise the resistance to 0.225 to get them

I would raise the resistance rather than raise temps, if you feel the heater is not producing sufficiently. Look at post #351, for example. I vape between 345F to 395F & get clouds easily at 355F. When the vapor starts to dwindle, I then raise the temp say 10F-20F. Sometimes I just do these 3 temps ('temp stepping'): 345, 375, 395F.

How many watts should the mod show while doing that?

The actual wattage use depends on your draw strength - this is important. Lamart suggests setting power at 70 watts, but I have it set at 55watts, but remember, this setting represents maximum wattage use only. My slow draws usually run between 20-35watts, & fast heavy draws between 40-55watts.

Experiment, give yourself some time to get used to the device - it is very, very powerful & can be used in many different ways.

Last edited:

dimmusp

I've vaped at most 2 stems with the TETRAx in total (~0.3-0.4g) since yesterday, and part of my throat is so sore (and maybe my lungs tickle a bit if I breathe deep?) that I don't want to keep going. I didn't combust and only used the spiked bent stem, which seemed to cool the vapor pretty effectively.

Any idea what could be wrong? An I just too sensitive for vaping? I'd really rather not have to use a bubbler...

Thanks

dimmusp,

1nd3cEnt

part of my throat is so sore

One of the difficult issues with vaping, for me at least, is the heat of the vapor, & bc of that, I use a water piece, mostly with water but occasionally dry. Even dry, the water piece offers a mechanical advantage that generates bigger hits.

1nd3cEnt,
Top Bottom