TETRAx

dimmusp

ok looks fine but not fully roasted, hmmm, do you find it tasty around 200C?
how is the taste?
I think at first it felt a bit spicy in the back of my mouth (and maybe in my tongue?), if that makes sense, but lately it didn't have much taste. It's hard to remember exactly. I think last night's stuff eventually had a bad taste (after trying to crank the temperature and resistance).

But in general I didn't feel a taste as noticeable as the smell that you get from putting your nose up to the pre vaped herb.

I don't have a very good sense of smell in general, so maybe I'm not the best person for telling apart subtle tastes. Most wine tastes the same to me, for example.

dimmusp,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

GoldenBud

But in general I didn't feel a taste as noticeable as the smell that you get from putting your nose up to the pre vaped herb.
put some 0.1g and start at 210C, draw for like 15s-20s, the cloud is huge?

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

My throat is still sore, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit more. 0.1g is like half a stem's worth, right?
What did u do before? smoking Joints? I think the terpenes are felt on your throat, it won't possess any problem.

GoldenBud,

dimmusp

What did u do before? smoking Joints? I think the terpenes are felt on your throat, it won't possess any problem.
Only space cakes! Joint once about a year ago and not for many years before that.

I thought that vaping was going to be super gentle on the throat/lungs because you're not burning anything.

dimmusp,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

VirginVape10X

As I’m about to receive my TetraX, there are a few mods I’m considering. Interestingly, the Wismec Sinuous Ravage is on my shortlist, yet it is not listed as a compatible mod per Lamart’s firmware site, while plenty of other Wismec mods are supported. Reason for its exclusion? I’d prefer the Ravage 230 over the Predator 228 and Rx gen3D based on reviews (no prior experience with any mods to validate preference; basing on what I’ve read on various forums and vids).

Also considering a few DNA chip mods from Lost Vape (Paranormal 250c/Centaurus?), GeekVape (Aegis X/Legend), Dovepo (Odin 250c), despite potential shortcomings with TC. All are pricey high-end 2 battery alternatives to my current Joyetech evic vtc mini (P80 was out of stock). Which of these DNAs could offer better performance (more adjustable and accurate TC) and with which customization-friendly software (eScribe or ArcticFox?) for TetraX?

1nd3cEnt

As I’m about to receive my TetraX,

Welcome & congratulations!

Interestingly, the Wismec Sinuous Ravage is on my shortlist, yet it is not listed as a compatible mod per Lamart’s firmware site, while plenty of other Wismec mods are supported. Reason for its exclusion?

The Wismec Sinuous Ravage uses Red Panda custom fw, not Artic Fox custom fw, RP for color screens, AF for non-color screens. From the compatibility list, it looks like Lamart's fw will not flash onto the Ravage.

Also considering a few DNA chip mods from Lost Vape (Paranormal 250c/Centaurus?), GeekVape (Aegis X/Legend), Dovepo (Odin 250c), despite potential shortcomings with TC.

Lamart's custom fw is preferred over the e-scribe/DNA setup, even though all those DNA mods on your list are higher quality than Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods.

Check out post #127 by @Abysmal Vapor on this thread for the reason.

GoldenBud

Only space cakes! Joint once about a year ago and not for many years before that.

I thought that vaping was going to be super gentle on the throat/lungs because you're not burning anything.
It'll take you a week or abit more to get used to the vapor, the vapor is dry and the terpenes can make your throat feels weird at the beginning

GoldenBud,
Reactions: dimmusp

Max3334

It'll take you a week or abit more to get used to the vapor, the vapor is dry and the terpenes can make your throat feels weird at the beginning
I agree with you, but the flavor is unbelievable compared to combusting the flower. But the highs are way different.

Max3334,

1nd3cEnt

I agree - the heat of the vapor is a shock at first, but the alternative - combustion - is unacceptable/lethal, so don't be discouraged.

You might find this thread of interest - they discuss the merits of water vs dry water pieces, etc, to handle vapor heat:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/loose-of-interest-for-water-filtration.33651/

*spelling "Loss of interest for water filtration"

To avoid the heat: load smaller amounts of product, don't vape beyond 400F, avoid big clouds, use a water piece, etc.

1nd3cEnt,

GoldenBud

I've got a TUBOx on the way :science:
Any link for EU store which is reliable for batteries 18650? It's been a while since I brought good batteries.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
continuation of fuckcombustion thread TETRAx

the TETRAx is 510 threaded and works best coupled with tubomyevic firmware, distributed on shop.lamart.ch. it can also work with other TC mods/modes or in power/wattage mode.

tetraxcustom.png

introducing the TETRA heater consisting of 4 borosilicate glass tubes and 4 stainless steel 316L coils (instead of 3 in TUBOevic/-x heaters). the heater can be found in the TETRAx which is substituting for the TUBOx.

KurtSmoooth

20200516_073206.jpg
20200516_073504.jpg

Its about time i show off my Tetrax goodies.

After about 13 different vaporizers the Tetrax and Dynavaps are the only ones that seem to really keep my interest.
I love the versatility of the Tetrax. (All my stems have both a deep screen and a basket so bowl size can be big or small depending on my desired effect.) On top of the insane flavor this gets without being difficult to use. Both the nub and bent spikey mouthpiece have worked great! Nub gets a bit warm but with the tiny size I cannot be upset.

I enjoy this vape so much I grabbed another one on the 420 sale. Hoping it shows up soon!

dimmusp

I've been using my TETRAx for about a week now, and I think the resistance might be miscalibrated.

I originally set it to what the little piece of paper said: 0.217. However, I never really got visible vapor until I pumped the temperature up to around 225-230 C. I've gotten it as high as 255 C without combustion so far!

Any advice about how to dial in the resistance?

Thanks

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I've been using my TETRAx for about a week now, and I think the resistance might be miscalibrated.

I originally set it to what the little piece of paper said: 0.217. However, I never really got visible vapor until I pumped the temperature up to around 225 C. I've gotten it as high as 255 C without combustion so far!

Any advice about how to dial in the resistance?

Thanks
TUBO seems to run cold
Increase the resistance in ‘menu>coils>manage>TCR’ by 0.002. Make sure the lock symbol is after the number before you leave. repeat if necessary.

Top Bottom