TETRAx

Jacer

Didn’t go exactly as planned, but here she. The Purple Heart TETRAmini :)

Thanks to @funkyjunky for making this piece that’s as beautiful as it is powerful :clap:.
Looks beautiful! Have you just been using the basket screen with your bent stem, or have you been using the screen inside and the basket screen to hold it all in there? Mine screen inside came loose and I can't get it to go back in the right spot lol

Jacer,
Reactions: Verax

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Looks beautiful! Have you just been using the basket screen with your bent stem, or have you been using the screen inside and the basket screen to hold it all in there? Mine screen inside came loose and I can't get it to go back in the right spot lol
Yeah, I only use it with a stempack. Didn’t enjoy it when I packed the bowl.

Hard to describe getting the screen back in, but it’s doable. You want something wide to push it down ‘evenly’ then something thin to poke the sides into place. I might try explaining this again when I’m sober :lol:

GoldenBud

I still believe that TETRAx with a DNA mod will be more fun than Joyetech mod or so,yea, clicking the FIRE can be sux but, more accurate more power... One day I'll attach some TETRAx to some DNA mod in tc mod and will rock the hell heat of it.

Luckily DNA75 will be enough , i won't be rich enough for buying a DNA250 :rofl::rofl:

Jacer

Just ordered super excited!
Also just ordered one in padauk, looking forward to it as well!
Trust me, you guys are both going to love it! After spending some time with it, it's easily my favorite vaporizer that I own. It just excels in every single category, I honestly cannot thing of a single thing that it is bad at.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Trust me, you guys are both going to love it! After spending some time with it, it's easily my favorite vaporizer that I own. It just excels in every single category, I honestly cannot thing of a single thing that it is bad at.

Wow! That is excellent news. How long did it take to arrive?

I got Birch wood plain.

Jacer

Wow! That is excellent news. How long did it take to arrive?

I got Birch wood plain.
I think it took around 11 or so days? Something like that haha, I got the priority shipping and live in the US if that gives you a good time frame.

Also I got my Cuboid 200 in today and installed the Tubo firmware on it, and I'm amazed this thing could get better. Been running it in cruise mode around 385, and it has been ripping through the bowls.

Last edited:

Verax

OK - first off - I'm pretty new to mod vapes, and don't have any real experience with them.

So... After getting my Tubo, I get why people are liking cruise control. So, I went back to my Cuboid 200, updated the firmware to the 180408-tubomyevic-warmup2cruise-autotempstep-beta.bin from the Lamart site.

I'm not really sure how to use the Cuboid in cruise control mode though. The top rocker button is disabled it looks like, as the screen shows "key lock" when I press it. Any tips for a rookie Cuboid 200 user?

Apologies for the newbie question(s)

Verax,

Verax

maybe this helps:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic-dual.22992/page-167#post-1410134

e:
or try press and hold +/- buttons for some seconds, this toggles key lock in the original evic firmware

That worked, thanks much!

So, it's now showing:
TEMP
390F
PWR: 200w
Coil: .230 ohms
amp: 00.0

double, triple, or quadruple clicking of the fire button does not seem to do anything within the user interface. Long pressing the fire button makes the heater glow BRIGHT red, and does not pulse. So, I'm afraid to do that for more than a second or two, as it seems too hot.

The rocker button now correctly sets the temp up / down.

Last edited:
Verax,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Did you set the ohms from the sticker (230 seems quite high compared to my Tubo) and check the other settings like it is described at lamart.ch?

Alex3oe,

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood

So, it's now showing:
TEMP
390F

double, triple, or quadruple clicking of the fire button does not seem to do anything within the user interface. Long pressing the fire button makes the heater glow BRIGHT red, and does not pulse. So, I'm afraid to do that for more than a second or two, as it seems too hot.

Click + and FIRE at the same time to enter the menu, then configure your settings as shown here http://tubo.lamart.ch/manual.png.

If 2,3,4 clicks is doing nothing, navigate to menu>interface>clicks and check that the modes are properly assigned to each click.

For the record, the coil resistance of my TETRAx is 0.253 (your value should be written on the little paper tag on the TETRA's cable).

I only got the Tubo software installed on my eVic mini a few days ago and it's made this already fantastic vape even better. On demand mode is great because it's still temp controlled (I had thought it would just be like wattage mode), but Cruise+Eco mode is where things get really special.

Jacer

So, it's now showing:
TEMP
390F

My settings for the moment are
Tubo: 390F
PWR: 70.0W
COIL: .246 (this is what Ralph said mine measured in at)
AMP: 00.0A

If you look at the Tetra manual it also has recommended settings for various things in the Tubo software.
Hope this helps you out!

Verax

Click + and FIRE at the same time to enter the menu, then configure your settings as shown here http://tubo.lamart.ch/manual.png.

If 2,3,4 clicks is doing nothing, navigate to menu>interface>clicks and check that the modes are properly assigned to each click.

For the record, the coil resistance of my TETRAx is 0.253 (your value should be written on the little paper tag on the TETRA's cable).

I only got the Tubo software installed on my eVic mini a few days ago and it's made this already fantastic vape even better. On demand mode is great because it's still temp controlled (I had thought it would just be like wattage mode), but Cruise+Eco mode is where things get really special.

great info, thanks all! I’m on a business trip now, but when I get back home later this week, will try this out. Really appreciate it!

Verax,
Reactions: Jacer

tokenknifeguy

First timer here, so be gentle on me.

So I just got my tetrax in today, and I went to the site and updated my joytech evic DUAL and then I downloaded the cruise control firmware. Then when I attached the tetra, the dual never recognized the device. Kept saying 'atomizer not detected'. On one try for like a split second, I saw it said something like 'device short' or something like that. I'm 100% sure I saw the word 'short' but it quickly changed the text to 'atomizer not detected'. Anything I can do to fix this?

So I have other 510 vapes and I then took the tetra off and put in the dc gen2 vape and it recognized it instantly. I also saw the updates worked like charm, though I'm not sure how well it works for the gen2 or splinter z on that firmware. So I then put the tetrax onto another box mode I have, an hcigar dna75 and it recognized it instantly too. So here I am using the dna mod and I'm in wattage mode using it now. I'm trying to see what is the best wattage to go at but I'm really bummed about the firmware not working. Any advice on getting it to work?

Also, I got the bent glass stem and it is very loose in my device. I also got the water pipe adapter and it does fit snug in the tetra. I can hold the tetra and just tilt it side to side and the bent glass piece will just let gravity freely spin it. I do not like that either. Not to mention that it took 2 weeks to finally ship it out after I ordered it, and it wasn't a custom build either. Hopefully the performance will make up for this very bad start.

Also should we expect to have to replace the coils later on down the road?

Last edited:
tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: dimmusp

GoldenBud

First timer here, so be gentle on me.

So I just got my tetrax in today, and I went to the site and updated my joytech evic DUAL and then I downloaded the cruise control firmware. Then when I attached the tetra, the dual never recognized the device. Kept saying 'atomizer not detected'. On one try for like a split second, I saw it said something like 'device short' or something like that. I'm 100% sure I saw the word 'short' but it quickly changed the text to 'atomizer not detected'. Anything I can do to fix this?

So I have other 510 vapes and I then took the tetra off and put in the dc gen2 vape and it recognized it instantly. I also saw the updates worked like charm, though I'm not sure how well it works for the gen2 or splinter z on that firmware. So I then put the tetrax onto another box mode I have, an hcigar dna75 and it recognized it instantly too. So here I am using the dna mod and I'm in wattage mode using it now. I'm trying to see what is the best wattage to go at but I'm really bummed about the firmware not working. Any advice on getting it to work?

Also, I got the bent glass stem and it is very loose in my device. I also got the water pipe adapter and it does fit snug in the tetra. I can hold the tetra and just tilt it side to side and the bent glass piece will just let gravity freely spin it. I do not like that either. Not to mention that it took 2 weeks to finally ship it out after I ordered it, and it wasn't a custom build either. Hopefully the performance will make up for this very bad start.

Also should we expect to have to replace the coils later on down the road?

Hi,
I suggest you to reinstall the tubo software through NFE Tools.

GoldenBud,

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I ordered a birch Tetra. Ralf was nice enough to hook me up with a birch and padauk combo because the solid birch would have been a more of a wait.

Even though the purchase this vape outside of the country I never worried about anything because of how good of a reputation Ralph has built over the years. It was great to have the communication so that I wasn’t sitting there waiting for the supply to be restocked. It’s also first class customer service to offer me something nicer so I wouldn’t have to wait as long.

Outstanding customer service. I can’t wait to have the unit in my hands!

Thank you Ralph I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom