TETRAx

1nd3cEnt

@KeroZen: so the Sony VTC6A is rated 3000mAh, 20amps. Do you prefer the VTC6A to the VTC5D, even though the 6A has lower amperage?

1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm recommending it just based on specs and published test results, but I don't have any. I have a VTC5A and a VTC6 and while they are good cells, I can't justify the higher price for my application(s) (I'm not a high power guy, most of my vapes run well enough for my usage pattern in the sub 30W range)

But the VTC6A seems to be a true 20A+ cell whereas the VTC6 is under 20A (around 18A or less, same as the Samsung 30Q and LG HG2)

GoldenBud

@Abysmal Vapor that was really informative, thank you! Super super excited to get mine to pair with the Cuboid 200 I ordered as a dual at-home and portable vape.

Weird thought, but does anyone make something like a 19mm rubber insert to put where the stems go? That seems like it would make it a lot safer to carry around as nothing would be able to get inside the hole and possibly break the glass while travelling.
people usually use the wooden stem which also can carry s&b capsules if they use the tetrax on the go... https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_77&product_id=311 and also a proper case is recommended because the heater itself is wrapped by glass... also cheap case from aliexpress will work I can send a link if you want...I wouldn't take it in my backpack without a proper/minimal case hehe

GoldenBud,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hey all! nice to see some discussion here :D

the tubomyevic software is indeed specifically tuned for the heater. temperature stability is mainly the PID values that could be insert in AF/surmyevic as well. i did code a few lines to cope with overshooting temps and also added more battery protection and throtteling on power at lower battery levels to discharge the battery further in a less aggressive way. but in my opinion there is more beyond this that the firmware enhances beside cruise mode that is nowadays also available through af/sur.

- warmup mode - triple click the firebutton to let the heater heat up to 245degC until it senses the heater is hot. this preheats the heater and gives more consistent first hits when the device was cold before. (you should try this @Abysmal Vapor as an alternative to let it run a minute in cruise)
- eco mode - where the heater lowers the temperature of the heater when it detects no air movement to save some energy and prolong battery life. once a draw is sensed, it ramps back up to temp within a second and supplies the set temp. (set up in menu>vaping>ecolvl, 0: off, 1-3: levels of energy saving)
- temperature stepper - you can set low temp, high temp, time and amount of steps. the software then automatically steps through the steps over the time defined. (4 clicks of the firebutton, set up in menu>vaping)
- up to 900s cruise

for warmup mode you can also set up "w2c" in menu>vaping to
0: stops and idles after warmup
1: continues directly to cruise
2: continues directly to tempstepper

dna has none of the above except good temperature stability on its own.

right now i can recommend the cuboid200 as a flat 3 cell mod, i use one of these to calibrate the TETRAxes.

for multicell you can use samsung 30q/hg lg2/sony vtc6 easily as they share the amperage across them. for single cell mods i also recommend those batteries, they are performers and have proven themselves over time also the price is right. all batteries degrade over time with many charge/discharging cycles.

yeswecann

hey all! nice to see some discussion here :D

the tubomyevic software is indeed specifically tuned for the heater. temperature stability is mainly the PID values that could be insert in AF/surmyevic as well. i did code a few lines to cope with overshooting temps and also added more battery protection and throtteling on power at lower battery levels to discharge the battery further in a less aggressive way. but in my opinion there is more beyond this that the firmware enhances beside cruise mode that is nowadays also available through af/sur.

- warmup mode - triple click the firebutton to let the heater heat up to 245degC until it senses the heater is hot. this preheats the heater and gives more consistent first hits when the device was cold before. (you should try this @Abysmal Vapor as an alternative to let it run a minute in cruise)
- eco mode - where the heater lowers the temperature of the heater when it detects no air movement to save some energy and prolong battery life. once a draw is sensed, it ramps back up to temp within a second and supplies the set temp. (set up in menu>vaping>ecolvl, 0: off, 1-3: levels of energy saving)
- temperature stepper - you can set low temp, high temp, time and amount of steps. the software then automatically steps through the steps over the time defined. (4 clicks of the firebutton, set up in menu>vaping)
- up to 900s cruise

for warmup mode you can also set up "w2c" in menu>vaping to
0: stops and idles after warmup
1: continues directly to cruise
2: continues directly to tempstepper

dna has none of the above except good temperature stability on its own.

right now i can recommend the cuboid200 as a flat 3 cell mod, i use one of these to calibrate the TETRAxes.

for multicell you can use samsung 30q/hg lg2/sony vtc6 easily as they share the amperage across them. for single cell mods i also recommend those batteries, they are performers and have proven themselves over time also the price is right. all batteries degrade over time with many charge/discharging cycles.
So cool you code all these customizations. What language is it writen in? Which cools most between
the Nub, Long Bent Spiked Cooling Stem and Mini J-Hook?

yeswecann,
Reactions: dimmusp

Jacer

people usually use the wooden stem which also can carry s&b capsules if they use the tetrax on the go... https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_77&product_id=311 and also a proper case is recommended because the heater itself is wrapped by glass... also cheap case from aliexpress will work I can send a link if you want...I wouldn't take it in my backpack without a proper/minimal case hehe
Haha fair enough I'll look into the stem/case options.

So cool you code all these customizations. What language is it writen in? Which cools most between
I went and looked at the githup repository for the software and it seems like it's written in C.

GoldenBud

troy said in his video that the bent spiked is the bomb, and the nub is way smaller so i guess the spiked is much better

GoldenBud,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

yeswecann

troy said in his video that the bent spiked is the bomb, and the nub is way smaller so i guess the spiked is much better
Yes, but the Nub is a different design. Is it possible the flow dynamics could cool vapor as well as the long bent spiked?

Jacer

So I was pretty convinced that my Tetra was going to arrive today and I couldn't wait, until I realized that it's Columbus Day and the post office is closed/not delivering today. Was a depressing realization to start off the day, the wait for this thing is absolutely killing me lmao

GoldenBud

Yes, but the Nub is a different design. Is it possible the flow dynamics could cool vapor as well as the long bent spiked?
I would like to know the answer too, but from my experience if the nub is way smaller than the spiked - no chance this is better. BUT, the nub is good for stealth purposes, and it cools the vapor for sure, just not as the spiked IMHO (haven't tried the nub yet)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Weird thought, but does anyone make something like a 19mm rubber insert to put where the stems go? That seems like it would make it a lot safer to carry around as nothing would be able to get inside the hole and possibly break the glass while travelling.

Corks are perfect for this, I have one from Alan tapered to 18mm. I'm sure other folks can do that too, and yeah wooden ones would also work.

They all cool evenly maybe, though a longer path is noticably most effective. So I'd have to recommend the whip with the awesome custom wrapping too!

Even the regular bent stem cools quite well, similar to a j hook (that gives you more of a curved path though), the spiky is really nice (especially my custom with the outer color spikes) by maybe not super necessary? Haven't tried the nub yet, but mine should be here soon.

I will say that all cooling stems themselves get pretty hot as the glass will be stealing heat so it has to transfer somewhere... The mouthpiece is okay, but below it you have to be careful with back to back hits (particularly high temps and cruising). Just something to keep in mind!

I've heard great things about the A-Maze cooler btw, steel folds in glass stems from Tubo, worth looking into as well!

Oh and also PSA to say this is a TetraX, bc it has the new Tetra heater that all Tubo have now (Duals and Evics are done though so a new Tubo Tetra model is in the works relying on a different mod). So TuboX had 3-tube heaters like old Tubo Evic and Duals, now TetraX for 4-tube heater but Tubo Dual with Tetra heater like mine still called Tubo Dual lol

Jacer

20191015-183240.jpg
NYp5Dy1

So I got my TETRAx in today! And in short, it is incredible. My Cuboid 200 isn't in yet so right now I'm running it at 43 watts since I can't install the tubo software yet, and it's still fantastic. Every single hit has such a great taste and the heater roasts so evenly there is no need to stir at all. @funkyjunky thank you so much! You made a fantastic vaporizer.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
20191015-183240.jpg
NYp5Dy1

So I got my TETRAx in today! And in short, it is incredible. My Cuboid 200 isn't in yet so right now I'm running it at 43 watts since I can't install the tubo software yet, and it's still fantastic. Every single hit has such a great taste and the heater roasts so evenly there is no need to stir at all. @funkyjunky thank you so much! You made a fantastic vaporizer.
Looking good :tup:. Did you order during the most recent drop? I did and mine hasn’t arrived.

I thought shipping within the EU would’ve been quicker than to the US, but what do I know :lol:. That said, I would’ve gone for a custom Dual instead of the TETRAx if I knew I’d be waiting either way :love:.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Same here, ordered pre-built and got the most expensive shipping (tracking+insurance) as well. Think I was one of the first to order too as my order was confirmed 5 minutes after the TETRAx’s went live on the site. Now I’m actually a bit sad mine isn’t here yet :(.

Edit: it seems the gods above heard my cries. Tracking finally received an update minutes ago. Will hopefully have delivery in the next few days :tup:.

Last edited:

Jacer

Aw well I'm sorry you haven't got yours yet, but trust me lol the wait will be worth it. You never know, could've gotten hung up in customs or something (granted I have no idea how shipping packages within the EU works).

Verax

Man, I am striking out on firmware. And, I know it's on my end somehow. I've got a Cuboid 200, but when I plug in the data cable, it just shows "unknown device" in the updater.

I've tried several cables, including one that I transfer pictures from a digital camera on sometimes. So, I know it can handle data.

Any thoughts?

Verax,

Jacer

Man, I am striking out on firmware. And, I know it's on my end somehow. I've got a Cuboid 200, but when I plug in the data cable, it just shows "unknown device" in the updater.

I've tried several cables, including one that I transfer pictures from a digital camera on sometimes. So, I know it can handle data.

Any thoughts?
Hmmm I'm not sure honestly, I found these threads though and maybe there is a solution for you in them!
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/48pl5u/cuboid_connecting_to_my_pc_issue/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cuboid-update-fail.242196/

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Mine arrived. The Purple Heart is beautiful. Thanks Lamart.

I first tried packing the basket screen and wasn’t really impressed. Then I tried a stem pack in the long bent stem and :ko:. The TETRA heater is pretty insane. After preheating, this thing pumps so much vapour. Far beyond anything my Splinter or Mighty produced. Really impressed :clap:

@funkyjunky please sign me up for your next release!

Last edited:

Jacer

I first tried packing the basket screen and wasn’t really impressed. Then I tried a stem pack in the long bent stem and :ko:. The TETRA heater is pretty insane. After preheating, this thing pumps so much vapour. Far beyond anything my Splinter or Mighty produced. Really impressed :clap:
Once the heater gets going, it just pumps vapor out effortlessly. I can't wait to get my Cuboid and run it in cruise mode. You should share a picture or two of the purpleheart!

virtualpurple

@funkyjunky please sign me up for your next release!

I always felt that the Tubo/tubo-x handled large stem packs with ease. If i load a rimmed screen and take a rip at 445 the extraction is almost too fast if that makes sense. I am quite intrigued that the bar has been raised even farther.

Top Bottom