TetraLabs California: GoldPen

OF

If anyone cares Pure Gold works very well in the 2.4ohm Omicron carts from UP Tech. The carts will fit almost any e cigarette battery with the proper thread adapter. They also use g pen threading so no adapter needed for those.

I'd be careful here. I've tried 3 times (I know, slow learner) and all three times leaks developed over time. Costing at least $30 a time (loss of half a vial of PG and the cart). There are two theories about this, one that it's just too thin for the seals, the other that the limoline is attacking the seals. I tend to think it's the latter.

But whatever is up, it's Omicrons leaking with PG that is the 'acid test' of the long sought leakproof cart. G has discussed many times how feeding PG was the challenge he's still working on (the late ill fated 1701 being the latest), it's also why D9 started selling CE4s (which don't have the seal 'Achilles heel') I understand?

I cannot recommend that those interested in using PG race out and invest a bunch of bucks in Omicron technology, IMO disappointment is sure to follow.

OF

Caligula

Maximus
I'd be careful here. I've tried 3 times (I know, slow learner) and all three times leaks developed over time. Costing at least $30 a time (loss of half a vial of PG and the cart). There are two theories about this, one that it's just too thin for the seals, the other that the limoline is attacking the seals. I tend to think it's the latter.

But whatever is up, it's Omicrons leaking with PG that is the 'acid test' of the long sought leakproof cart. G has discussed many times how feeding PG was the challenge he's still working on (the late ill fated 1701 being the latest), it's also why D9 started selling CE4s (which don't have the seal 'Achilles heel') I understand?

I cannot recommend that those interested in using PG race out and invest a bunch of bucks in Omicron technology, IMO disappointment is sure to follow.

OF

I don't see how attaching a 10 dollar cartridge to an inexpensive ego style e-cig battery is a major investment of any kind, however having said that I also must add that I never had a leaking issue once I started replacing carts every other fill regardless of leaks or not.

Caligula,
Reactions: OF

OF

I don't see how attaching a 10 dollar cartridge to an inexpensive ego style e-cig battery is a major investment of any kind, however having said that I also must add that I never had a leaking issue once I started replacing carts every other fill regardless of leaks or not.

Scrapping a cart costs .2 grams or more of otherwise useful goods as well. With PG this is $20, twice the cart cost. Replacing carts with PG is more expensive than normal. And leaks more common.

Like I said, I'm 3 for 3. Only one got used enough to need topping up. I tend to have several carts in use (different strains) at any one time, by the time I'd get back to one after a week or so break it'd be leaking and unlike normal oils I was never able to get a PG leak to stop.

I believe lots of other guys have had leak issues with Omicrons and PG. As I said, G has discussed it and has said 'ability to feed PG without leaks' has alluded him for years. I cannot recommend it. Just my opinion of course, worth everything you paid for it........

OF

Caligula

Maximus
Ah see there's the difference. I use 1 to 2 carts at a time and empty them well before a week has passed. Ever consider longer term storage in the fridge?

Caligula,

OF

Ah see there's the difference. I use 1 to 2 carts at a time and empty them well before a week has passed. Ever consider longer term storage in the fridge?

Yup. Once it warmed up it leaked..... And most guys aren't going to be happy with a 'new cart every week' drill I think?

Like I said, it's a common complaint, and the reason D9 sells CE4s as I understand. Ataxian is a cheer leader here......which is an interesting mental image.

TL pen users are welcome to try or not, I'm just adding my experience that it's not all beer and skittles. Even ignoring the stuff lost to leaks, that lost inside the leaking cart is enough to get me to get the CE4 for the duty......which is what I'd recommend as an alternative over Omicron carts?

OF

Caligula

Maximus
I suppose not. For me, i bought my persei with the understanding that the carts were to be one time use items so I guessing two fills per cart wasnt so bad from that perspective.

Caligula,

Andy

When I bought the GoldPen the dispensary told me if I had any problems to let them know and they would fix so when my pen leaked I contacted them about a replacement and they then told me they don't warranty them. Contacted TetraLabs and told them what was going on and they had me join their collective. Then, without warning, when I arrived home a couple days later there was a discreetly packaged GoldPen waiting on my doorstep.
Pretty much hassle free.

Top Bottom