Tetra P80

thunderstealer1337

I have purchased over 14+ molicel p26a from 18650batterystore off this forums recommendations.

I feel I did get fake ones, when you Google the fake ones the markings reflect the counterfeit ones. However they all acted the same approx 4 bowls per battery with 3 hits per bowl so 12 hits total.

I did 3-4 diff purchases but all from them, not exactly sure which lots were weird, but yes reputable stores can get counterfeits it seems.

According to the new owner, he has another p80, tetrax and tubo dual where all his other batteries work fine in, but he still bought new molicels and this unit keeps saying weak battery

pinetrrizzle

I have purchased over 14+ molicel p26a from 18650batterystore off this forums recommendations.

I feel I did get fake ones, when you Google the fake ones the markings reflect the counterfeit ones. However they all acted the same approx 4 bowls per battery with 3 hits per bowl so 12 hits total.

I did 3-4 diff purchases but all from them, not exactly sure which lots were weird, but yes reputable stores can get counterfeits it seems.

According to the new owner, he has another p80, tetrax and tubo dual where all his other batteries work fine in, but he still bought new molicels and this unit keeps saying weak battery
how many cycles have you been getting off each battery? just curious since i'm on 43rd cycle of p26as and sony vct5as and haven't really noticed any decline... yet. been doing w2c at 440f most of the time.

pinetrrizzle,
Reactions: dimmusp

thunderstealer1337

how many cycles have you been getting off each battery? just curious since i'm on 43rd cycle of p26as and sony vct5as and haven't really noticed any decline... yet. been doing w2c at 440f most of the time.
cant really say cuz I use my batteries all over the place, box mods for AF, dynacup, wand, lamart devices, tm, various 510 for vape carts etc

I only looked into them because my last set were wrapped horribly.... and turns out those had the more legit markings :lol:

pinetrrizzle

thanks. if anybody else has an idea how long to expect the reputable batteries to last on the p80, i'm curious. the wrap still look basically new, and i'm still getting weak battery around 10-20%. cheers

pinetrrizzle,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Serious question, do you manually track your battery cycles or do you have a charger that performs this function?

CanikUser19,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I can't really answer the "how long" question from personal experience just yet, but looking through the thread I saw a handful of mentions (I apologize if I get this wrong, but I think from @FlyingLow at least and someone else) stating noticeable degradation around the 6 month mark, but no mention of battery cycles. However, I don't think its a big deal to get the weak battery message at 10 - 20% when using w2c. It heats to 480 to accomplish that (out of a max of 500) and remember that in theory this is the temp calibrated 5mm off the internal screen, so the coil is even higher. That is about as demanding a use of watts as I think the p80 generally sees. This coupled with the fact that the firmware is just guestimating battery percentage based on the voltage levels, I don't think its so shocking that it read a value low enough that it told you the wattage you needed was too much to ask for. You could ask in the 18650 thread/poke around battery university to probably confirm this and understand why, but I don't think it implies much about your battery life span in isolation.

pinetrrizzle

I can't really answer the "how long" question from personal experience just yet, but looking through the thread I saw a handful of mentions (I apologize if I get this wrong, but I think from @FlyingLow at least and someone else) stating noticeable degradation around the 6 month mark, but no mention of battery cycles. However, I don't think its a big deal to get the weak battery message at 10 - 20% when using w2c. It heats to 480 to accomplish that (out of a max of 500) and remember that in theory this is the temp calibrated 5mm off the internal screen, so the coil is even higher. That is about as demanding a use of watts as I think the p80 generally sees. This coupled with the fact that the firmware is just guestimating battery percentage based on the voltage levels, I don't think its so shocking that it read a value low enough that it told you the wattage you needed was too much to ask for. You could ask in the 18650 thread/poke around battery university to probably confirm this and understand why, but I don't think it implies much about your battery life span in isolation.
thanks, yeah i'm still satisfied with their performance. i really haven't noticed any degradation at all with either line of batteries or the unit after 6 months of heavy use. Occasionally i hear a clicking noise when the first pull is initiated, but never after. not sure if people hear that...

pinetrrizzle,

gordontreeman

thanks, yeah i'm still satisfied with their performance. i really haven't noticed any degradation at all with either line of batteries or the unit after 6 months of heavy use. Occasionally i hear a clicking noise when the first pull is initiated, but never after. not sure if people hear that...
No clicks here, but didn't you say you use upside down most of the time? You probably already checked this, but its not just the pick falling and hitting the top of the battery lid, is it? That's the only noise I hear in use that isn't related to me inhaling.

pinetrrizzle

No clicks here, but didn't you say you use upside down most of the time? You probably already checked this, but its not just the pick falling and hitting the top of the battery lid, is it? That's the only noise I hear in use that isn't related to me inhaling.
you are correct - but i lost the pick the first day i had it haha. it's usually upside down for a few before i draw anyway. the clicking is subtle and almost like it's the heater engaging in cruise when i draw, but only on the first pull

gordontreeman

I don't ever hear my heater make any sounds, but maybe the screen is just a bit loose and clinking against the 18/18 adapter or the heater tubes? I'm pretty paranoid so I'd perhaps email Lamart just to be safe, but if its working well and you're otherwise unfazed maybe that is just out of an abundance of caution.

gordontreeman,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
i have a tendency to track way too much stuff...
Gotcha. My introduction to the care and maintenance of lipo type batteries started with RC car batteries. I’ve always taken really good care of them and safely maintained them, but always regarded them as disposable parts of that hobby to be replaced at some point. So I’ve kind of adopted that same attitude with my vape batteries. My RC car batteries have never needed replacement, and they are at least 6 years old now. I have lots of vape batteries, but the oldest were bought in 2015, they still charge just fine and work just fine. So I’ve never really thought of them as anything but batteries, charge them when needed and respect the type of batteries that they are, never abusing them. I do my vaping at home, so charged batteries are always available. The one feature missing from my vape battery stash is the ability to put them in storage mode like I can with my RC car batteries when they will be sitting unused for extended periods. Every time I read a post about the scrutiny given by some to vape battery monitoring, I think I need to step my game up and do a better job. But then I just have another session and change out my batteries as needed, and focus more on the vaping instead of the batteries I guess. The fact that I’ve never had bad batteries, or had to replace batteries contributes to my slacker battery attitude.

passenger

is this thing on?
You can enter the menu (let a friend do it) and configure what the clicks do.
It's under Interface. Select Clicks. Set 2 to warmup, everything else to none.
If warmup starts LED glows red. Hope you can see that? That shows it's heating up - then when it goes green, time to hit it!
- Enter menu with pressing right+fire simultaneously.

GoldenBud

You can enter the menu (let a friend do it) and configure what the clicks do.
It's under Interface. Select Clicks. Set 2 to warmup, everything else to none.
If warmup starts LED glows red. Hope you can see that? That shows it's heating up - then when it goes green, time to hit it!
- Enter menu with pressing right+fire simultaneously.
clever! i will change that too soon.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: BigJr48

GoldenBud

Top Bottom