Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I swear I'd tried that a bunch and nothing, but now something The nature of what I was doing at the time and the size of the bowl maybe at play here... Anyway, cruise mode was for the better.

I don't think I understand, but tapping the fire button absolutely exits cruise lol also you can adjust the time length for a cruise to be anything you want so it shuts off automatically when you want it to that way as well... Also Eco helps lower the power when you are not hitting it, for battery life in cruise, but you can also control things manually and tstep cruise is another great feature to program, so many options here!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

PossumMD

What I meant is that I could swear that I'd tried just tapping the button. I dunno. New vape and all. Being medicated at the time. All adds up. Works fine now.

Shit Snacks

What I meant is that I could swear that I'd tried just tapping the button. I dunno. New vape and all. Being medicated at the time. All adds up. Works fine now.

Haha I understood you, but yeah you were definitely wrong or did something wrong then, it needs a good hard press I guess

Shit Snacks,

Pasoa2020

Pretty awesome there are so many options on how to use it.

when mine arrives, what would you all recommend for the best “first use” mode and pack method to deliver the true p80 experience?

cruise mode and temp step with full joint pack?

And with the TinyMight for example, I start at 4. What would thst roughly be equivalent to as a starting point on the tetra?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pasoa2020,

Shit Snacks

My custom from March got updated to shipped on 6/29. How much longer should I expect for it to arrive in Boston, MA.?

There is a shipping thread, but it could take up to a month for it to ship, used to be more like ten days or two weeks, but my last one took a month recently so yeah hang in there!

pinetrrizzle

howdy all, here's my custom!

it's a ziricote interlocked with pine combination, drum style, with a purpleheart veneer inlay! i mostly use a j-hook and the spiked bendy with my pre-built, but this stem should be a fun addition (ebony purpleheart). incredibly pleased with how the woodwork came out, especially the striped side! i tried to design the cut-outs with some parameters from Funky, and he did exactly what i gave him. i'm going swap the silver p80 out for a black unit - going for piece of art first, and back-up second, so i can be patient. the design is quite a contrast to the acrylic pre-built unit! i'm a pleased fella...

i think this'll satisfy my desire for another tetra - until the pentaP80 makes an arrival that is...

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@pinetrrizzle lookin good! Give the tank another shot. The draw is more restricted, but I find its much better at cooling than the bent spiky and the (short) wooden capsule stems. Will replacing the P80 be something that requires sending it back to Lamart, or did Ralph tell you how to delicately separate from the body and heater?

Since I think you're the only other person with one of the stands here on FC, what do you reckon that the smaller holes are for :lol:? I was thinking a pick and maybe some kind of tool?

pinetrrizzle

@pinetrrizzle lookin good! Give the tank another shot. The draw is more restricted, but I find its much better at cooling than the bent spiky and the (short) wooden capsule stems. Will replacing the P80 be something that requires sending it back to Lamart, or did Ralph tell you how to delicately separate from the body and heater?

Since I think you're the only other person with one of the stands here on FC, what do you reckon that the smaller holes are for :lol:? I was thinking a pick and maybe some kind of tool?
thanks! i'll give the tank another go with a more open mind. the unit will need to get sent back for him to swap. yeah for the stand i think it's a pick and some sort sort of other pokey tool.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Pretty awesome there are so many options on how to use it.

when mine arrives, what would you all recommend for the best “first use” mode and pack method to deliver the true p80 experience?

cruise mode and temp step with full joint pack?

And with the TinyMight for example, I start at 4. What would thst roughly be equivalent to as a starting point on the tetra?

I realized no one ever responded to this, so I figured I'd give my :2c:...

I don't know if there is a quintessential way to use the TP80. The fact that its so flexible is one of its strongest suits, imo. I use the warm up, cruise, and on demand features all the time. Personally I even find joint packing can be a fantastic way to get an evenly baked larger bowl as well. The only thing I haven't used extensively is the built in temp stepper mode as I don't often do longer sessions like that (it divides your session time into the number of steps, TSteps in the menu I believe, and automatically steps from your configured low temp to high temp), so I manually temp step.

That said, probably the easiest way would be to use warm up to cruise, which is configured to be 3 clicks out of the box. This gets the boro tubes pretty well heat soaked so that the temp of the oven is more or less stable and even. I've been using with eco 0 at home so that I'm as close to the advertised screen temp as possible, but the default, eco 1, drops the temp a little bit unless it detects a user drawing to save you a bit of power--both are satisfying, one just requires a slightly longer draw to get to the temp on the screen.

No idea how accurate this is, but https://i.ibb.co/XSDGp1b/In-Shot-20200908-082952322.jpg purports to be the temp setting/temperature for the TM dial so I guess start ~ 330? I was going to suggest 370 because its still low enough to have excellent flavor, but high enough to produce visible clouds of vapor, but just try a bunch and I'm sure you'll land on some things you like.

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
What is the consensus here for the best 18mm stem for the p80? My xl8r just broke so I don’t have any cooling at the moment

Zuhdj,

Shit Snacks

What is the consensus here for the best 18mm stem for the p80? My xl8r just broke so I don’t have any cooling at the moment

There really is no consensus, if you skim through this question is asked a lot, and so you will see comparisons of the different options... But who knows these new options, I mean the micro I assume is similar to the tank with less draw restriction? And the long colored stems are just plain stems like the old ones really, only cleaner. New options:
Screenshot-20210719-171239.png

Ripstar

There really is no consensus, if you skim through this question is asked a lot, and so you will see comparisons of the different options... But who knows these new options, I mean the micro I assume is similar to the tank with less draw restriction? And the long colored stems are just plain stems like the old ones really, only cleaner. New options:
Screenshot-20210719-171239.png
Wish that long bent was a long Jhook, I wonder how "long" it is....

Shit Snacks

Wish that long bent was a long Jhook, I wonder how "long" it is....

Oh I don't think it's really any longer than the regular male mini J hook honestly, just different form factor, more like a straw is all!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ripstar

Pasoa2020

I realized no one ever responded to this, so I figured I'd give my :2c:...

I don't know if there is a quintessential way to use the TP80. The fact that its so flexible is one of its strongest suits, imo. I use the warm up, cruise, and on demand features all the time. Personally I even find joint packing can be a fantastic way to get an evenly baked larger bowl as well. The only thing I haven't used extensively is the built in temp stepper mode as I don't often do longer sessions like that (it divides your session time into the number of steps, TSteps in the menu I believe, and automatically steps from your configured low temp to high temp), so I manually temp step.

That said, probably the easiest way would be to use warm up to cruise, which is configured to be 3 clicks out of the box. This gets the boro tubes pretty well heat soaked so that the temp of the oven is more or less stable and even. I've been using with eco 0 at home so that I'm as close to the advertised screen temp as possible, but the default, eco 1, drops the temp a little bit unless it detects a user drawing to save you a bit of power--both are satisfying, one just requires a slightly longer draw to get to the temp on the screen.

No idea how accurate this is, but https://i.ibb.co/XSDGp1b/In-Shot-20200908-082952322.jpg purports to be the temp setting/temperature for the TM dial so I guess start ~ 330? I was going to suggest 370 because its still low enough to have excellent flavor, but high enough to produce visible clouds of vapor, but just try a bunch and I'm sure you'll land on some things you like.
Thank you.

Pasoa2020,

thunderstealer1337

Looking to troubleshoot a p80 that was working 100% fine for me, but just sold, arrived at the new owner and he says it shows "weak battery" - I told him it started to do that to me awhile back, I then bought new Molicel p26a to replace the 9+ month old Molicel and issue was gone, he says he bought new Molicel p26a but unit still showing "weak battery"

Any ideas? This unit is like brand new - barely used, and was working 100% fine when I had it. Only reason I sold it was my custom p80 from March landed in July, I even tested them back to back at 430 to see if 1 unit would keep extracting more vapor over the same bowl at the same temp settings.

And at 430, both of them would stop extracting when I flipped the bowls, its just amazing how close Ralph gets these units calibrated!

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Tweakz

Ripstar

Oh I don't think it's really any longer than the regular male mini J hook honestly, just different form factor, more like a straw is all!
Ahh, so, the "mini jhook" length would be similar to the "long bent stem"? Thought the "long" part would mean it was longer. It looks the same length on the site. Good to know!

Shit Snacks

Ahh, so, the "mini jhook" length would be similar to the "long bent stem"? Thought the "long" part would mean it was longer. It looks the same length on the site. Good to know!

Yeah obviously I can't know for sure without having it in my hands, but that's my impression looking at it, if anything I think the hook may be longer actually! Just a name, certainly cannot call it short lol

Shit Snacks,

passenger

is this thing on?
I bought a few p26a at a reputed french e-cig shop lately and they were bad ones, even weaker than my almost 2 years old VTC6 and HG2 so depending where he bought his, that could be the culprit ? :2c:
I second this, fresh P26a should show the weak battery event at around 10-12%ish. After regular use that number goes up, I'm getting the message at around 20+% now, I will probably get a fresh batch in fall. I got mine at ttt48.de and had luck with them 2 times now. I would jump the ecig shops and look for specialized battery vendors like that one above.

Top Bottom