Tetra P80

dimmusp

I’d say that the Herborizer Sherlock feels quite a bit cooler that the short bent spiked stem (I also have a long bent stem and a nub but I haven’t used them yet so can’t comment on them obviously). It’s worth noting that when I use the bent stem I’ll typically load the basket, which I suppose takes around 0.1 or slightly less? However, I use an 18mm adapter with the Sherlock, which I’ll typically load with around 0.2, possibly more. My preferred technique is to set the temp at 430 then give three clicks for the warm up mode, which takes around 15 seconds. Once up to temperature I’ll hit it until my lungs can’t take any more! With it having an all glass air path with no water filtration, the flavour is excellent.

The Sherlock has a really heavy base so it’s deceptively stable, although I vape on my couch with it cradled in my hand. My index finger rests against the first (90 degree) bend and I can feel the glass getting progressively hotter throughout my hit. Meanwhile the temperature of the glass at the second (45 degree) bend also increases but by a very much smaller degree. The end of the mouthpiece is pinched horizontally, so the air flows into your mouth through an oblong slit. It’s weird but hitting it gives the sensation of really cool air, regardless of whether or not there is a vape attached at the time!

I really need to give a shout out to @VGoodiez for initially raising my interest in this piece, although I’m UK based so unfortunately I couldn’t justify buying it from him... sorry Scott! Here’s a link for anyone in the US that’s interested in acquiring one.
Thanks for the detailed description! The price is way over my budget though, so I'll keep looking 😅

I think the main problem my wife and I are having is with how dry the air is rather than how hot it is. I'm guessing a bubbler is the only way?

dimmusp,

abcd5432

I feel like a long time ago I saw some kind of diy hack with a whip and a bag. I doubt it'd really be viable, but I was just curious since I've never used bags. People come up with crazy things sometimes.

This is a fun video where both are talked about and compared if you were curious. I was leaning towards the tetra and this confirmed it for me.

That is a great combo. I bet it works well for cooling.
Thanks, I watched already and this is what made me lean towards the tetra too.

I only like the tiny might for size, but the tetra is very very close.

Do you tetra users use the stirrer? I do on my minivap when I'm not lazy, it adds so many extra big hits I'm always surprised.

Abcd5432,
Reactions: Tweakz

1nd3cEnt

Does anyone know which Eco level 0/1/2/3/ is the lowest in reducing temporary operating temperature in the @funkyjunky firmware? Level 3 is a fixed value (135C), but levels 1/2 appear to be variables dependent on current running temperature. Thank you.

0: eco features disabled, original Cruise Control. keeps the heater at the set temperature.
1: the heater temperature is lowered when no draw is detected.
2: the heater temperature is lowered more than in eco level 1 when no draw is detected.
3: the heater temperature is always lowered to 135degC when no draw is detected. (from tubo.lamart.ch)

1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: Tweakz

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks, I watched already and this is what made me lean towards the tetra too.

I only like the tiny might for size, but the tetra is very very close.

Do you tetra users use the stirrer? I do on my minivap when I'm not lazy, it adds so many extra big hits I'm always surprised.

There's actually no need to stir with the Tetra, depending how you load, loading the basket at the edge without a cap screen I never have to stir. However that tool is still very useful for emptying a spent bowl... Since I am using mine at home though I use a different tool and have the one that came with it packed away for now (easier to deal with frequent battery swaps without it there)

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

If required, see: Tubo/Tetra Heater repair: CHF40

TUBO/TETRA heater repair
i think it's 40 EUR for broken glass tubes. the SS never had to be replaced IMO (99% sure about that)
i don't see why the coils will ever fail, it's only 240C the SS can handle 1000C+
For comparison: the SS on Lotus lasts 2yr when it's exposed to nearly 1000C each session.
so when SS exposed only to 240C or even 280C (concentrates usage) it can last maybe 10yr or even more.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Do you tetra users use the stirrer?
I do not use the stirrer when vaping, have not found that necessary... but I do use it occasionally to empty a basket if it does not blow out easily. It is functional for me and does get used, especially when I have a hot stem.

can someone help Me out.
How in the world do I grab one? All I’m hearing is they get released in drops?

sorry for not knowing

Star_Particles,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Does anyone know which Eco level 0/1/2/3/ is the lowest in reducing temporary operating temperature in the @funkyjunky firmware? Level 3 is a fixed value (135C), but levels 1/2 appear to be variables dependent on current running temperature. Thank you.

0: eco features disabled, original Cruise Control. keeps the heater at the set temperature.
1: the heater temperature is lowered when no draw is detected.
2: the heater temperature is lowered more than in eco level 1 when no draw is detected.
3: the heater temperature is always lowered to 135degC when no draw is detected. (from tubo.lamart.ch)
copy paste from fc:

someone requested a graph?
:)

[IMG]

go from the temperature you have set to the top lines (blue&darkred) then straight down to the eco level you have set and you are at the eco temperature at that level.
as you can see no change for eco level 0, means eco switch off. temperatures in levels 1 and 2 are lowered according to set temperature and the eco temperature for eco level 3 is always 135degC
this is now programmed into the firmware, all you can do is choose the eco level.

basically: eco 0 doesnt save energy, eco 1 saves some, eco 2 saves more and eco 3 saves the most...in theory
:D

energy saving comes with the cost of having to draw longer because the heater needs to react and get back on temp, the colder it is idling, the longer this is.

i think it's 40 EUR for broken glass tubes. the SS never had to be replaced IMO (99% sure about that)
i don't see why the coils will ever fail, it's only 240C the SS can handle 1000C+
For comparison: the SS on Lotus lasts 2yr when it's exposed to nearly 1000C each session.
so when SS exposed only to 240C or even 280C (concentrates usage) it can last maybe 10yr or even more.
there were a handful of heaters that developed a connection issue. the number is very small and i dont know the exact reason, most failed early on but maybe 5 over time. all my heaters never had any issues even those that had to endure crazy scenarios in testing the heater. the heater repair for CHF 40.- is for broken glass or out of warranty heaters and include a new heater. the cost doesnt really reflect work but i want the units working and make it worthwhile to send it in.

BTW tetra heater upgrade for TUBO evics / TUBO DUALs with triple tubo heater is CHF 80.-

can someone help Me out.
How in the world do I grab one? All I’m hearing is they get released in drops?

sorry for not knowing
you can get on the notification list for upcoming drops by emailing support@lamart.ch
we will notify those on the list a few days before new prebuilt units and/or custom order slots will go up for sale.
thank you very much for the interest.

the laser is in sight!:brow:

Congrats Sounds really nice, what cutouts did you get? I have a zigzag Bubinga with copper.. It's been my DD and Friday I broke my nub doh. Glad Vgoodiez has lamart stems state side. Grabed another nub and a long spikey both smoked and I'll have em Tuesday. love to see some pictures when it arrives.
Here's mine and a shot of the heater. Love my little P80 The lacewood is beautiful. View attachment 222View attachment 226View attachment 222
Congrats Sounds really nice, what cutouts did you get? I have a zigzag Bubinga with copper.. It's been my DD and Friday I broke my nub doh. Glad Vgoodiez has lamart stems state side. Grabed another nub and a long spikey both smoked and I'll have em Tuesday. love to see some pictures when it arrives.
Here's mine and a shot of the heater. Love my little P80 The lacewood is beautiful. View attachment 222View attachment 226View attachment 222
I don't know exactly what I got i just looked quickly and chose because I was worried they would be all gone and I could not see them later. It has shipped hurray

Potatovape

copy paste from fc:

someone requested a graph?
:)

[IMG]

go from the temperature you have set to the top lines (blue&darkred) then straight down to the eco level you have set and you are at the eco temperature at that level.
as you can see no change for eco level 0, means eco switch off. temperatures in levels 1 and 2 are lowered according to set temperature and the eco temperature for eco level 3 is always 135degC
this is now programmed into the firmware, all you can do is choose the eco level.

basically: eco 0 doesnt save energy, eco 1 saves some, eco 2 saves more and eco 3 saves the most...in theory
:D

energy saving comes with the cost of having to draw longer because the heater needs to react and get back on temp, the colder it is idling, the longer this is.

there were a handful of heaters that developed a connection issue. the number is very small and i dont know the exact reason, most failed early on but maybe 5 over time. all my heaters never had any issues even those that had to endure crazy scenarios in testing the heater. the heater repair for CHF 40.- is for broken glass or out of warranty heaters and include a new heater. the cost doesnt really reflect work but i want the units working and make it worthwhile to send it in.

BTW tetra heater upgrade for TUBO evics / TUBO DUALs with triple tubo heater is CHF 80.-

you can get on the notification list for upcoming drops by emailing support@lamart.ch
we will notify those on the list a few days before new prebuilt units and/or custom order slots will go up for sale.
thank you very much for the interest.

the laser is in sight!:brow:

hey ralph! I just wanted to ask if you got my emails about my tetradual i want to send you. Puffitup hasnt received a few of my emails so i want to make sure they’re not the only one.

Potatovape,

JabbaDocious

Hello all! I’ve been lurking for some time :) enjoying the conversation from afar, but thought I’d hop in and introduce myself. Hello friends, I’m jabbadocious, I currently own an evic dual but was able to snag one of the p80s from the latest round and am super stoked to test it out (it just shipped yesterday)!

@funkyjunky do you have pics from the latest round you could share? I have forgotten what the unit I ordered looks like and would like to remember :ko: I saw the pics you posted on the first page but can’t tell if those are the most recent ones or not haha..

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Hello all! I’ve been lurking for some time :) enjoying the conversation from afar, but thought I’d hop in and introduce myself. Hello friends, I’m jabbadocious, I currently own an evic dual but was able to snag one of the p80s from the latest round and am super stoked to test it out (it just shipped yesterday)!

@funkyjunky do you have pics from the latest round you could share? I have forgotten what the unit I ordered looks like and would like to remember :ko: I saw the pics you posted on the first page but can’t tell if those are the most recent ones or not haha..
Check post #7 in this thread I'm pretty sure they are all the last drop

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
These are also the same baskets as MiniVap's smaller baskets, I wonder if VGoodiez carries the baskets?

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom