Tetra P80

GoldenBud

Will ISO affect the color and integrity of the yarn?
I don't think so. In my opinion you can use Ethanol/ISO, it's not as powerful organic-solvent as Acetone for an example. if it was an issue, he would mention that in the product's description. I don't see any info about that.

GoldenBud,

dimmusp

Vape Signature: I am getting totally ripped off amounts that typically just get me medicated.

I am having such a delightful time with he bent spiked stem, I need to make more time with my water adapters.
Ooohh! Could you please share your Tetra P80 vs MiniVAP impressions here?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/b...ap-vs-tetra-p80-vs-tinymight-vs-others.47029/

I'm trying to make up my mind between a used TP80, waiting for a 4/20 TetraX, a MiniVAP, or a deal on a Mighty...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have not tried the TinyMight, but keep hearing all about it. Seems like it is a real performer.

I have been asked A LOT about comparisons between the MiniVap and the P80. I'll try to share, but am going to preface with a few thoughts.

First, one is not "better" than the other. They each have their attributes and I personally use each one in totally different scenarios- In my life, one vape is not a replacement for the other. This mentality could be applied to a number of different vapes.

You could compare vapes to cars, or golf clubs (but I fucking hate golf, so let's stick to car talk). I am not trying to take my family on vacation in a Miata, nor would I want to take my wife's old Volvo wagon on a date night, a Prius cant drive me to the beach without recharging and the Prius cannot go off road, so different cars for different scenarios. Much like my vape collection.

Both Devices use the same baskets (though I use large baskets in my MV and smaller baskets in my P80. Keep your stems clean and your baskets stay clean. Both have minimal maintenance and only require stem cleaning, the devices stay in excellent condition without so much as a wipedown after much use.

The fundamental difference between the MiniVap and the P80, is the Mini is a session vape in the truest fucking definition of the word. The preheat is longer, especially if you have an OG unit like mine, but it will milk vapor (completely unstirred) for ridiculous amounts of time. I always loose track of how many draws I take on a given basket. To that end, I find that in spite of loading the large baskets, the device is very efficient with how much it extracts and gives back to you. Flavor and level of extraction is simply top of class. I ride mine on Red from start to finish.

MV is NOT a vape for those that want one draw and to put it away for a few hours. IMO after that battery warms the device and the load has been soaked with heat, I finish every last bit until the vapor quits. I love the looks, it fits unsuspiciously on a shelf in your workshop, or next to your Sonos. Battery life is amazing though mine is showing age and wear. Parts hold up amazingly well and is high quality all around, I am still using my original basket and rubber nub.

MV is my go-to no brainer for company, especially those uninitiated to vaping. No buttons to fiddle with, no timed draws, just hit it till your lungs run out. It is a workhorse that will go non stop for a party, or for a solo sesh. The base will allow you to use without a battery while plugged into the wall. It is essential under HEAVY PARTY use, but frankly I am on my battery 100% of the time with my MV, I prefer the untethered portability.

P80 is not comparable. It is IMO not a session vape, though I do use it in a "Cruise" mode. P80 is an on-demand punch to the face. 4-6 drags tops, rarely do I get more out of it. I get even more extraction out of this device than the MV and can take material to dark coffee color. It gives me the cues to lay off well before any popcorn flavor comes through and really is close to perfect IMO. The temp setting is precise I can rip as hard as I want and not combust. I LOVE the completely unrestricted airflow and never had a flower vape so free flowing... like moving from a Halo to a big 30mm quartz banger.

P80 flavor is also outstanding. The all glass path and spiked stem have been my preferred combination. My only drawback, if I had to throw anything negative at all out there, is that I am still relatively new to 16580 batteries and find it tiresome having to swap every 3-4 bowls. In the scheme of things, it is a small tradeoff when comparing to all the wonderfulness that the P80 delivers.

When time is of the essence, the P80 is second to none. If I am just lounging and want to take my time getting there, MV is my go-to. MV for company. Though I am sure many of my friends would LOVE to try my P80, I am treating it more like a personal device and letting friends use other pieces.

Last edited:

hoyo77

I have not tried the TinyMight, but keep hearing all about it. Seems like it is a real performer.

I have been asked A LOT about comparisons between the MiniVap and the P80. I'll try to share, but am going to preface with a few thoughts.

First, one is not "better" than the other. They each have their attributes and I personally use each one in totally different scenarios- In my life, one vape is not a replacement for the other. This mentality could be applied to a number of different vapes.

You could compare vapes to cars, or golf clubs (but I fucking hate golf, so let's stick to car talk). I am not trying to take my family on vacation in a Miata, nor would I want to take my wife's old Volvo wagon on a date night, a Prius cant drive me to the beach without recharging and the Prius cannot go off road, so different cars for different scenarios. Much like my vape collection.

Both Devices use the same baskets (though I use large baskets in my MV and smaller baskets in my P80. Keep your stems clean and your baskets stay clean. Both have minimal maintenance and only require stem cleaning, the devices stay in excellent condition without so much as a wipedown after much use.

The fundamental difference between the MiniVap and the P80, is the Mini is a session vape in the truest fucking definition of the word. The preheat is longer, especially if you have an OG unit like mine, but it will milk vapor (completely unstirred) for ridiculous amounts of time. I always loose track of how many draws I take on a given basket. To that end, I find that in spite of loading the large baskets, the device is very efficient with how much it extracts and gives back to you. Flavor and level of extraction is simply top of class. I ride mine on Red from start to finish.

MV is NOT a vape for those that want one draw and to put it away for a few hours. IMO after that battery warms the device and the load has been soaked with heat, I finish every last bit until the vapor quits. I love the looks, it fits unsuspiciously on a shelf in your workshop, or next to your Sonos. Battery life is amazing though mine is showing age and wear. Parts hold up amazingly well and is high quality all around, I am still using my original basket and rubber nub.

MV is my go-to no brainer for company, especially those uninitiated to vaping. No buttons to fiddle with, no timed draws, just hit it till your lungs run out. It is a workhorse that will go non stop for a party, or for a solo sesh. The base will allow you to use without a battery while plugged into the wall. It is essential under HEAVY PARTY use, but frankly I am on my battery 100% of the time with my MV, I prefer the untethered portability.

P80 is not comparable. It is IMO not a session vape, though I do use it in a "Cruise" mode. P80 is an on-demand punch to the face. 4-6 drags tops, rarely do I get more out of it. I get even more extraction out of this device than the MV and can take material to dark coffee color. It gives me the cues to lay off well before any popcorn flavor comes through and really is close to perfect IMO. The temp setting is precise I can rip as hard as I want and not combust. I LOVE the completely unrestricted airflow and never had a flower vape so free flowing... like moving from a Halo to a big 30mm quartz banger.

P80 flavor is also outstanding. The all glass path and spiked stem have been my preferred combination. My only drawback, if I had to throw anything negative at all out there, is that I am still relatively new to 16580 batteries and find it tiresome having to swap every 3-4 bowls. In the scheme of things, it is a small tradeoff when comparing to all the wonderfulness that the P80 delivers.

When time is of the essence, the P80 is second to none. If I am just lounging and want to take my time getting there, MV is my go-to. MV for company. Though I am sure many of my friends would LOVE to try my P80, I am treating it more like a personal device and letting friends use other pieces.
Thank you for that. I will probably feel the same way about mine when i grab it next monday. I want a minivap and that would definitely be something for company use. The tetra would never leave my house. I want a tinymight as well for my travel use. Like you said different vapes for different uses. i think it comes down to personal tastes. some people prefer BMWs i am more of an Audi person. same with vapes. From my following lamart over the last couple months..i think i made a damn good decision to get one and i cannot wait to try it.

On a different not has anyone vaped moon rock or caviar thru the P80??

hoyo77,

dabotr

It can take a bit. Here's the history of mine going through the process:
Date Added Status Comment
17/01/2020 Complete
17/01/2020 Complete
20/01/2020 Building
03/02/2020 Packaging
08/02/2020 Shipped
03/03/2020 Received (Midwest USA)
I chose the cheapest shipping option. Currently waiting on accessories shipped 18/03/2020.Went with the second tier shipping option on this, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Update: Accessories just arrived today, so that took about 26 days to get here.

dabotr,
Reactions: dimmusp

Arbornaut

Wow @FlyingLow ! Very well put...

I do not have the MV, but I agree that the TP80 really stands alone compared to all my other vapes. It does both on-demand hits and sessions very well, with just a little bit of a learning curve to do with temp settings (for me), but that's it. It actually really shines thru a water piece as well, and I'm getting some big rips from a very small basket load that way with no packing at all - just drop a little scoop in the basket it vape away.

I also agree about the battery life, and it really is a non issue with extra 18650s laying around. The heater is super powerful for a battery vape, so I'm not surprised that it uses a lot of juice. That being said I'm happy with the battery life. I'm getting 3-4 full sessions using high temps, which I find reasonable and sufficient. It only takes two seconds to swap a new battery in, so it has never been an issue for me. I have another vape I favor for long treks outside where portability and battery life is most important. My TP80 is my "at home" portable, if that makes sense. This may be a very subjective thing, but after using the TP80 for a bit, and then going back to my ArGo or Crafty, I'm DEFINITELY picking up some plastic taste. Its crazy because before trying to TP80, I never noticed it. I would have probably argued with anyone who said their Crafty or Mighty has a plastic taste, but now I agree. Its very subtle but it's there. I feel like the TP80 has made me a bit of a taste snob, but I tried a friends flowermate and all i could taste was silicone, and it was disgusting. I actually reverted to smoking weed again just to get the taste out of my mouth after that. Lol

Just an fyi @dimmusp , I believe Funky posted a few days ago that 420 sale is defo still happening, but currently no TetraP80s due to issues sourcing a lazer cutter or something. Not sure if that also includes TetraX but imagine so. Unless you are willing to wait a while, I would definitely look into that used TP80 a little more.

:peace:

1nd3cEnt

currently no TetraP80s due to issues sourcing a lazer cutter...

This is correct: no TetraP80s at the next drop.

Not sure if that also includes TetraX but imagine so.

TetraXs will be available at the next drop on 4/20, but do not know exactly how many.

The excellent Tetra reviews by @FlyingLow & @Arbornaut match my experience with the TetraX. Note that Lamart carries a carbed wpa (with the carb at the end of the glass handle), in addition to the standard wpa & a wpa with a beautiful colored glass handle (deep red, red, or light green).

1nd3cEnt,

Arbornaut

That's great to hear @1nd3cEnt !

TetraX is a great option, especially if someone already owns a suitable box mod. I wish I didnt already buy a basic WPA or else I'd be all over a colored one for sure.

dimmusp

Does anyone know if the turnaround time for the TetraX is faster than for the Tetra P80? It's great to hear that there will be TetraX's available on 4/20, but I wouldn't want to wait 1-2 months after that to receive one :hmm::)

dimmusp,

SquirrelMaster

Does anyone know if the turnaround time for the TetraX is faster than for the Tetra P80? It's great to hear that there will be TetraX's available on 4/20, but I wouldn't want to wait 1-2 months after that to receive one :hmm::)

With their laser being down I would suspect these will all be premade devices ready to ship.

SquirrelMaster,

1nd3cEnt

Does anyone know if the turnaround time for the TetraX is faster than for the Tetra P80?

The turnaround is much faster for prebuilds, which is all that Lamart has available right now bc of the inaccessibility of the laser due to the pandemic.

but I wouldn't want to wait 1-2 months after that to receive one.

Custom builds take Lamart much longer to produce, so the prebuilt devices should be packaged & sent out fairly rapidly. When I ordered my TetraX, I requested a custom wood. Lamart advised me that it would take much more time to deliver bc it would have to be made first, whereas prebuilds in similar woods were on the shelf that could be packaged & sent out in a week, more or less.

btw, if you follow lamart.ch on Instagram, there are tons of photos of the devices & even giffs of lasers doing their thing. Way more photos, etc on Instagram than on the Lamart website.

dimmusp

The turnaround is much faster for prebuilds, which is all that Lamart has available right now bc of the inaccessibility of the laser due to the pandemic.

Custom builds take Lamart much longer to produce, so the prebuilt devices should be packaged & sent out fairly rapidly. When I ordered my TetraX, I requested a custom wood. Lamart advised me that it would take much more time to deliver bc it would have to be made first, whereas prebuilds in similar woods were on the shelf that could be packaged & sent out in a week, more or less.

btw, if you follow lamart.ch on Instagram, there are tons of photos of the devices & even giffs of lasers doing their thing. Way more photos, etc on Instagram than on the Lamart website.
Very useful info, thanks!

dimmusp,

GerVn_Vap0rist

Congrats to all the future new users!
I feel your energy and excitement, it is gonna be a long month for y'all!

I checked my mailbox 3x daily after I got that email:lol:

thank you man ! I find that the excitement is an important part of my VAS:brow:
I hope I don’t have to wait 4 weeks haha living in Germany and think the shipping will be a bit faster :) but I don’t know how the corona virus affects the post offices :\
As soon you it arrives I will do some nice shots for y’all :tup:

Arbornaut

Just thought I'd share my shipping experience. Shipped - March 17th, and arrived in my mailbox April 3rd.

I paid for the most expensive tracked and insured option, but was not able to track beyond Switzerland for whatever reason. All things considered with the Corona Virus pandemic going on, I was very happy and surprised that it arrived when it did. I'm sure without a global pandemic maybe I'd have been able to track, but I cant complain.

Cheers! And congrats to the new owners - it will be worth the wait for sure.

Edit: I had it shipped to me in Ontario, Canada if that helps.

Last edited:
I have read most of the posts on this thread but don't see how you choose a custom tetra p80 and see what it looks like when you choose options is there an explanation of what the effect of the options are?

MonsterWithoutBorders,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I did my homework on the woods, no two will be the same but you can get a good idea for what it might look like. As for the options, do more homework. Check out Lamart's IG so you might better understand what the dyes look like, how the inlays come out, and you can get a real sense of his level of craftsmanship.

Terpenetime

I have read most of the posts on this thread but don't see how you choose a custom tetra p80 and see what it looks like when you choose options

You have to do your homework, use your imagination and hope that it comes out how you anticipated. Obviously the more unique your design the more of a chance you’re taking.

1nd3cEnt

I have read most of the posts on this thread but don't see how you choose a custom tetra p80 and see what it looks like when you choose options is there an explanation of what the effect of the options are?

Check out lamart.ch on Instagram: many, many photos & giffs (all labelled & identified) of Lamart's spectacular work product. When Lamart says "custom," he ain't kidding.

Guest399

can someone tell me how it works to order on lamarts site?
there is no bottom to buy item (i know it were only pre order)
and to email about asking to add on his list to pre order he dont answer to me.

Guest399,
Top Bottom