Tetra P80

Bazinga

Thanks Snacks. My P80 is in build mode. I want to order additional stems and screens. I didn't see screens offered. I'll have to look again.

flammy

Thanks Snacks. My P80 is in build mode. I want to order additional stems and screens. I didn't see screens offered. I'll have to look again.

Lamart offers two screens with his devices and he includes both. A 15mm mesh screen and a basket screen:

https://www.shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/search&search=screen

You will need the 15mm screen only if you will be joint loading. The basket screen is necessary for basket or joint loading. I have tons of basket screens laying around and its not a bad idea to pick up spares. If you're trying to decide on stems, the nub IMO is a must have.

Bazinga

Joint loading? What is it?

I use basket screens in my Splinter. I like them.

You suggest the nub over the longer bendy stem? I'm concerned about the heat.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Joint loading? What is it?

I use basket screens in my Splinter. I like them.

You suggest the nub over the longer bendy stem? I'm concerned about the heat.

Loading the entire 18mm joint, using the basket screen to cap the load. You can use it as you use the Splinter by loading the basket screen directly and this is how I would recommend as well. Much more efficient in my experience than joint loading, better taste and extraction, clouds too.

The nub itself can get warm, as can all cooling glass, so I find the shorty bent spiky to be better at managing this with the little rings between the spikes, you can always tough the tip with lips and fingers safely thanks to the glass ring that distances it from the spikes... The nub is still great and useful however, and the reg long bent stems also very effective even without spikes.

I know I keep saying it, but j hook and whip are really great, especially considering the cost. I still need to try the other options available, there are so many! Wood stem with glass liner and amaze cooler looks good to me too...

Bazinga

Alright Snacks, you've convinced me to try the J hook. Now I have to google it to find out what the heck it is. Can you recommend one? BTW, if it matters, I don't plan on using any of my devices with water. I like it simple (just like me).

Shit Snacks

Alright Snacks, you've convinced me to try the J hook. Now I have to google it to find out what the heck it is. Can you recommend one? BTW, if it matters, I don't plan on using any of my devices with water. I like it simple (just like me).

Lamart sells the mini j hook! That's the one I am talking about, it has a great Sherlock curve and is quite compact with a nice mouthpiece, though the glass is a little thin FYI Mine is amber color.

You will just need the wpa (any 18mm male to make adapter) to use it with Tetra, like you would a water piece, but it is dry which I also prefer for flavors etc. This will offer more of a curve bend than the regular bent stems so more cooling without spikes, despite requiring two glass pieces as opposed to the bent stems...

hoyo77

Loading the entire 18mm joint, using the basket screen to cap the load. You can use it as you use the Splinter by loading the basket screen directly and this is how I would recommend as well. Much more efficient in my experience than joint loading, better taste and extraction, clouds too.

The nub itself can get warm, as can all cooling glass, so I find the shorty bent spiky to be better at managing this with the little rings between the spikes, you can always tough the tip with lips and fingers safely thanks to the glass ring that distances it from the spikes... The nub is still great and useful however, and the reg long bent stems also very effective even without spikes.

I know I keep saying it, but j hook and whip are really great, especially considering the cost. I still need to try the other options available, there are so many! Wood stem with glass liner and amaze cooler looks good to me too...
I bought all the stems when i ordered mine...looks like they will add different vaping options to the tetra.

GoldenBud

IMO If you buy the Spikey bend u won't need the Jhook, the spikey does the job just great that u forget about your Jhook! get a 18mm adapter and a D020 (if it is possible to order from dhgate......) or just find some water piece and fly :rockon:
@hoyo77 i never tried the wooden stem but it's a smart move to buy one, in case some other glass stem gets broken.

Shit Snacks

IMO If you buy the Spikey bend u won't need the Jhook, the spikey does the job just great that u forget about your Jhook!

Couldn't disagree more :pThey're different experiences, each with pros and cons, for me at least. One key benefit is the form factor of the j hook, great to use the Tetra upside down!

GoldenBud

Couldn't disagree more :p

They are very different experiences, each with pros and cons, for me at least
i only tried the bendy, but i trust ur opionion ;) taking it.
I tried Jhook in another device, it's fine by the bendy really cools better.
the bendy cools the vapor much efficiently right? and the taste is abit better in the Jhook?
Edit: the tp80 needs male to male adapter for the Jhook right?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

the bendy cools the vapor much efficiently right? and the taste is abit better in the Jhook?

I dono I can get hot harsh vapor out of spiked stems without issue... The spikes steal heat and that in turn makes the stem itself very hot to hold as I explained before. My long spiky bent is a custom with a horn I can hold the stem by safely, and the aforementioned rings on the shorty spiky bent are fantastic. However the j hook is easier to hold with less worry about hot glass. Perhaps taste could shine more without losing any terps to the spikes, but I haven't compared that enough to say for sure...

Bazinga

More discussion, more confusion. I would like whichever stem(s) that provide the most cooling. For example, I am enjoying the Splinter with the XL8R stem. No interest in using any attachments that require water. So, which stem should I be ordering?

Shit Snacks

More discussion, more confusion. I would like whichever stem(s) that provide the most cooling. For example, I am enjoying the Splinter with the XL8R stem. No interest in using any attachments that require water. So, which stem should I be ordering?

My advice remains unchanged, get the short spiky bent as your main, grab a plain regular long bent, along with WPA and mini j hook... If you want coolest of the cool, grab a whip too! And if you want most mobile then grab a nub!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Am I the only one that held off on purchasing stems?

i was waiting till I had the unit in hand, so I could better determine which stems (the woodies) would be the best aesthetic matches.

FlyingLow,

hoyo77

Am I the only one that held off on purchasing stems?

i was waiting till I had the unit in hand, so I could better determine which stems (the woodies) would be the best aesthetic matches.
Once i sealed the deal on unit...i went back a week later and used the add to existing order feature and added my stems that way

Arbornaut

Speaking of stems, I went with the bendy spiked, but also the short wooden capsule stem - with both a short glass insert with a-maze cooler, and a long bendy glass insert with a-maze cooler. I haven't seen any reviews of the a-maze cooler so I'm excited and curious to try it out.

Arbornaut,

flammy

If you enjoy using the long xl8tr with the Splinter, you will be fine using the same with your TP80. I recommended the nub as it is the most compact effective cooling stem that I have. IMO, the stem that provides the coolest vapor will be DDave's stem for the Tubo/Tetra. It is essentially a larger version of the nub. I have one and it works well. Downside is that its not nearly as compact as the nub.

You definitely want a WPA. The Tubo/Tetra really does well paired with glass.

almost there

Speaking of stems, I went with the bendy spiked, but also the short wooden capsule stem - with both a short glass insert with a-maze cooler, and a long bendy glass insert with a-maze cooler. I haven't seen any reviews of the a-maze cooler so I'm excited and curious to try it out.
The A-Maze is my favorite cooling method for the inserts. Does an amazing job without adding much restriction

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I just re-checked mine. It does not post the location, only that it Entered Destination Country on 11 February.

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom