Tetra P80

SquirrelMaster

Hey all! Congrats to all who scored a Tetra P80 on the last drop!

Best batteries to use with the Tetra P80 on a budget, and where to order online in CANADA? I see amazon sells a ton of different 18650s for cheap, often in packs of 4-8 or so. I see all the brands like LG, samsung, Sony etc... but should amazon be avoided for batteries? I've heard about fakes being circulated on there a lot.

Cheers!

It's a little bit more expensive for Canadians to pick up 18650s. Local vape shops charge about $15 to $17 per battery for your typical LG HG2, Samsung 30Q, or Sony VTC6 for example. There is only one low priced online store located in Canada that I've come across https://18650canada.com/ that sounds to be legit. There is a shipping charge but if you buy a few batteries it's still worth it.

You can also look at illumn, llion, 18650batterystore and others but I find the shipping charges can be really high.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Jill NYC

flammy

SquirrelMaster

Sorry but I should have qualified that response. I am not in Canada and reside in the CONUS.

I assume the high shipping costs are due to companies having to use ground services. Although that makes me wonder if all cells from China have to take a boat?

If USPS was an option it wouldn't be so bad as they have the best rates to Canada for cheap shipping methods. I asked 18650batterystore what their cheap shipping company is (hoping USPS) as I would like some Molicel 26A's and the other stores that carry them all use UPS ground/FedEx ground or have REALLY expensive faster options.

SquirrelMaster,

Arbornaut

Thanks for all the responses! It seems Canada can be an expensive place for batteries. I will check out the recommended sites, and see what I can find. I basically want a bunch so I can swap out batteries when they die for a fresh one right away. I'm a pretty heavy hitter so I'll probably be draining the battery life in the P80 real quick.

Arbornaut,

Arbornaut

Follow up question - can anyone recommend the best 18650 for the TetraP80 power needs? I literally have zero box mod experience, so I'm not familiar with 18650s at all really. I have tons of experience with dry herb vapes, just not with the box mod trend with on-demand capabilities like the Tetra.

Thanks for all the help!

Arbornaut,

SquirrelMaster

Follow up question - can anyone recommend the best 18650 for the TetraP80 power needs? I literally have zero box mod experience, so I'm not familiar with 18650s at all really. I have tons of experience with dry herb vapes, just not with the box mod trend with on-demand capabilities like the Tetra.

Thanks for all the help!
Because Lamart has the option to add a Samsung 30Q to the order I would say those, LG HG2's or VTC6's are all good choices. I've mentioned the Molicel 26A because that is Mooch's current best all around 18650 but they're 400mA less then the others.

SquirrelMaster,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thanks for all the help!

@KeroZen says batteries with higher amps are better for a single battery mod, so Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 have more capacity with 3000mah but only 18A (Samsung underrated at 15 and LG overrated at 20) while the Samsung 25R and LG HE4 have only 2500mah but the full 20A ....

Catweasel

I've been loving my TetraX since I got it, so it goes without saying that I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my P80 now. Those experimental units were just an irresistible price. I don't feel comfortable having just one tetra vape without a backup! If you're on the fence about getting one, I think it's hard to be disappointed.

RobTheThrone

My Tetra P80 was just marked as shipped! So excited, paid for the most expensive shipping option so here's to hoping it pays off. Can't remember how long it took for my Tubo Evic originally to arrive. How long did everyone else that paid for the best shipping option have to wait after it was shipped?

RobTheThrone,

M3 Element

My Tetra P80 was just marked as shipped! So excited, paid for the most expensive shipping option so here's to hoping it pays off. Can't remember how long it took for my Tubo Evic originally to arrive. How long did everyone else that paid for the best shipping option have to wait after it was shipped?
I paid for the cheapest shipping option and got the “shipped” status email on December 19th and had the unit in my hands on December 25th (East Coast USA). I believe it actually arrived on the 24th and I just didn’t bother checking my mailbox until the next day.

Catweasel

It took me under two weeks for my TetraX, if I recall. Not too bad, I expected worse. Hope my P80 wait isn't too much longer!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Really considered buying a prototype unit as well. Incredibly well priced.

I like to pick the shipping option for priority/nontracked. Has taken slightly more than 1week to southwestern US the two times I've ordered since first P80 drop

Top Bottom