TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I downloaded the new Tubo software for use on my P80 and dreamwood RCV18. I quickly went back to Sur_myevic.

The new tubo software is highly customised for use with tubo as it should be. I also prefer the on/off screen of sur_myevic, and the main display. Sur_myevic does not have temp stepping or cruise - but these are features i can take or leave.

So i will go back to the setup i had before. One P80 on sur_myevic, the other on articfox. You can change Sur_myevic TC settings from the mod, artic fox you need to use your PC. Articfox has cruise mode and more individual settings per profile. Overall i am happy with one of each.

The tubo software is good if you use tubo or tetra hardware.

oddjobold,
Reactions: Hogni

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I downloaded the new Tubo software for use on my P80 and dreamwood RCV18. I quickly went back to Sur_myevic.

The new tubo software is highly customised for use with tubo as it should be. I also prefer the on/off screen of sur_myevic, and the main display. Sur_myevic does not have temp stepping or cruise - but these are features i can take or leave.

So i will go back to the setup i had before. One P80 on sur_myevic, the other on articfox. You can change Sur_myevic TC settings from the mod, artic fox you need to use your PC. Articfox has cruise mode and more individual settings per profile. Overall i am happy with one of each.

The tubo software is good if you use tubo or tetra hardware.

Surmyevic also has Cruise btw, autofire like ArcticFox, cept it can be set only up to 25 seconds or infinity (which none of the others can do). You also can't set it to a number of clicks though, it has to be a long press of fire button.

Also really you should be able to match up the same settings from the others in the tubo firmware, yes it is set up for that vape but also the other two are mainly for e-cigs anyway! I also have some of everything though, with AF on my P80 and Sur on my G3D (I have a cuboid mini running tubo, but yeah I actually don't even use that one so tuboFW is just being used for my Tubo/Tetra gear too now anyway lol)

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Surmyevic also has Cruise btw, autofire like ArcticFox, cept it can be set only up to 25 seconds or infinity (which none of the others can do). You also can't set it to a number of clicks though, it has to be a long press of fire button.

Also really you should be able to match up the same settings from the others in the tubo firmware, yes it is set up for that vape but also the other two are mainly for e-cigs anyway! I also have some of everything though, with AF on my P80 and Sur on my G3D (I have a cuboid mini running tubo, but yeah I actually don't even use that one so tuboFW is just being used for my Tubo/Tetra gear too now anyway lol)

Cruise on Sur_myevic? i will have to have a look Thankyou. I am not sure if i did not know this, or if i forgot i knew this in the act of usage. First world problems........

oddjobold,

Shit Snacks

Cruise on Sur_myevic? i will have to have a look Thankyou. I am not sure if i did not know this, or if i forgot i knew this in the act of usage. First world problems........

Yeah as far as I know it always had it, AF only got it recently, they call it Autofire not Cruise

Shit Snacks,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have set up 20 second puff timer in those both fields in (color DNA) eScribe, but I've still noticed that I'm not getting vapor and the firing LED stops blinking several seconds before the screen says the puff is over.
I have timed it and it's just a slow screen update of the DNA, the heat comes for 20 seconds, but then it takes several seconds for the screen to realize and say so.

Last edited:
Seek,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I have set up 20 second puff timer in those both fields in (color DNA) eScribe, but I've still noticed that I'm not getting vapor and the firing LED stops blinking several seconds before the screen says the puff is over.
I have timed it and it's just a slow screen update of the DNA, the heat comes for 20 seconds, but then it takes several seconds for the screen to realize and say so.
Do you get vapor in wattage mode? What is your resistance locked to?

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I do get vapor in wattage mode. There is some ohm lock option on DNA but I haven't yet looked up what it's for and seems like I don't need it. My cold resistance is 0.36 ohms as measured by the DNA.
But I'm not having a problem or searching for a solution to anything. I've just made this observation a thought it would be nice to share it as it might confuse others as well as me even though everything works fine.

Seek,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
but I've still noticed that I'm not getting vapor
This is a problem in TC mode.

I do get vapor in wattage mode. There is some ohm lock option on DNA but I haven't yet looked up what it's for and seems like I don't need it. My cold resistance is 0.36 ohms as measured by the DNA.
But I'm not having a problem or searching for a solution to anything. I've just made this observation a thought it would be nice to share it as it might confuse others as well as me even though everything works fine.
It is important to lock you cold ohms (resistance). Once locked this is how the mod extrapolates a temperature as it samples the resistance and using an algorithm against the material file it may approximate a temperature for you.

If resistance is locked at 0.36 ohms and you are not getting any vapor at your target temperature (eg 385 F), then you may need to incrementally increase what your resistance is locked to. (eg o.40 ohms). What atty are you using with your mod?

YaMon,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It is important to lock you cold ohms (resistance). Once locked this is how the mod extrapolates a temperature as it samples the resistance and using an algorithm against the material file it may approximate a temperature for you.
My TC works like that even without an ohm lock.

This is a problem in TC mode...
...If resistance is locked at 0.36 ohms and you are not getting any vapor at your target temperature (eg 385 F)...
Seems like you still haven't got what I was saying. I only thought i had this problem, but realized it's just the display refresh rate and nothing to do with TC.
I have no problems with the TC functions, the resistance or not getting vapor when the TC is engaged, I only though it was cutting off the time of puff off, but it was just the screen being late.

...then you may need to incrementally increase what your resistance is locked to. (eg o.40 ohms). What atty are you using with your mod?
I prefer to step up TCR curve in between warm and vaping temp so my ohms are really the same as the cold resistance is and I can say yes if it ever asks me if the atomizer is new.
Maybe that's why I don't get the ohm lock - does it jsut prevent the recheck of ohms if you fool the device to get hotter by changing the cold ohms? If that's the case, then I don't need that with my TCR curve solution.

What atty are you using with your mod
Musa 510
And I made the TCR curve like this (same as SS when cold, them step up to the vaping range and the continue to the amximum temp I want to allow):
TCR.png

Seek,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the reply.

So any of the Reuleaux, eVic or cuboid mods will work for cruise control/auto fire? Is there a mod that does it better than the others?

Nah, options are Tubo, ArcticFox, or SurMyEvic firmwares to cruise/autofire. Different ones have different compatibly, but Sinuous P80 is nice bc of its LED. Only single battery though so RXgen3Dual is another good choice

Uitpersen

Nah, options are Tubo, ArcticFox, or SurMyEvic firmwares to cruise/autofire. Different ones have different compatibly, but Sinuous P80 is nice bc of its LED. Only single battery though so RXgen3Dual is another good choice

Ahhh, my last post wasn't very clear.
I'm looking for a mod that isn't going to overheat when using the auto fire function for a couple mins. Are there any to shy away from or recommend over the others?
Been reading through this thread and see that I need to use one of the firmwares you mentioned for the auto fire option. Just trying to avoid buying another mod to is going to physically get too warm.
I had (gave it away) a rx3 with the 3 batteries, bottom door. It never worked well in TC and would get really warm in watts.
My 250c Drone doesn't overheat but it's a pain to use like this when hooked up to the computer.

Thanks for your help

Uitpersen,

Shit Snacks

Ahhh, my last post wasn't very clear.
I'm looking for a mod that isn't going to overheat when using the auto fire function for a couple mins. Are there any to shy away from or recommend over the others?
Been reading through this thread and see that I need to use one of the firmwares you mentioned for the auto fire option. Just trying to avoid buying another mod to is going to physically get too warm.
I had (gave it away) a rx3 with the 3 batteries, bottom door. It never worked well in TC and would get really warm in watts.
My 250c Drone doesn't overheat but it's a pain to use like this when hooked up to the computer.

Thanks for your help

Oh well I think that rx-3 was notorious for having defects if I'm not mistaken? Maybe that was just a 4 battery version... Anyway the two I mentioned should be fine, you'll have to research an individual one that you're interested in, but going with popular models here should be safe... I've never had this issue ever though I'm sure others have so?

Truly using any that aren't designed for it is a risk, Tubo/Tetra is designed for cruise with an eco feature as well. So you are taking a risk with any splinter, for example, I would not leave it running for 2 minutes... My custom Z on G3D in SurMyEvic is set to 25sec autofire and I just use it so I don't have to hold the trigger down in wattage mode through water. That is also how I use it with my SplinterV2 on P80 in ArcticFox, even though it is TCR temp control, same as my Impcognito on AsterRT in ArcticFox in TCR, I don't let them just run without me hitting. My TetraP80 however does just run, since I know it was designed for that...

Shit Snacks,

MrKappus

Apologizes if this is an obvious question but I’ve been looking through the manual, and here, all night and can’t find the solution.

I am using sur_myevic and I am trying to change the battery indications at the bottom of the screen. I would love to have the battery icon next to the percentage, rather than the voltage.

It’s shows this configuration in the documentation and in some photos in this thread so I was assuming it was possible and something I’m missing.

Thanks for your time!

IMG-3613.jpg

Last edited:
MrKappus,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Hippie

Press the fire button 3 times to enter edit mode (or however many Clicks you have Edit set to in Interface>clicks) - the top line will flash when in edit mode.
Press the down button (left) repeatedly until the battery icon flashes.
Press the up button to cycle through the display options.
Press fire to return to normal.

BlazeDis

Hi have a Joyetech Espion on the way . Can anyone give me a walkthrough for installing RedPanda onto this device please with links etc
It would be much appreciated . Thanks

BlazeDis,

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
Anyone ever have luck getting a DVT4 running properly/well on Tubo firmware? Would like to use my Tetra X and DVT4 on the same mod.

cr0wley,

510MOD

Manufacturer
Anyone ever have luck getting a DVT4 running properly/well on Tubo firmware? Would like to use my Tetra X and DVT4 on the same mod.
This is the only way if you ask me. I have been running the DTv4 on mods with Tubo firmware for a couple years now. Send me a DM if you need the older myevic.bin firmware. I have an instruction/guide as well that I can send you. I set the autopress to Infiniti and use TC Ni mode at 37 watts and play with temps starting at 300F. You can move the temps up from there.

BlazeDis

Hi running a Splinter V2 in FJ/Tubo firmware how do I lock the coil resistance and what are the best settings to use please ?

BlazeDis,
Top Bottom