Tabletop Bong anyone?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks Sorry for the stupid question: How much water should I use with this bong? Below the honeycomb or a little above? This is the first honeycomb bong of my life (I didn't even know there was such a thing), so I have no idea... :hmm:

It is actually supposed to be just below the honeycomb disc, you should see the water form a meniscus there, so it is not quite touching the honeycomb disc, only on the sides around the meniscus you know? This will change as you use it, the water will rise and might sit on the disc as you see in Les' video, but you can always tilt the rig so the water will settle back down below the disc after you hit it... If you want to look it up, search the cheap glass thread (you can also do this in Google) for "inline honeycomb" to find more info with the other examples, like the original one that I have, where I learned about this great piece and the proper level to fill it (but you can also play around with it for yourself since personal preferences can vary) :tup:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
It is actually supposed to be just below the honeycomb disc, you should see the water form a meniscus there, so it is not quite touching the honeycomb disc, only on the sides around the meniscus you know? This will change as you use it, the water will rise and might sit on the disc as you see in Les' video, but you can always tilt the rig so the water will settle back down below the disc after you hit it...

Hey, great, thank you so much for the detailed explanation. That's very helpful. There are indeed different opinions on the water level for percolator bongs on the internet, so I was unsure. However, I'll gladly try it with your method and see what works best for me.

If you want to look it up, search the cheap glass thread (you can also do this in Google) for "inline honeycomb" to find more info with the other examples, like the original one that I have, where I learned about this great piece and the proper level to fill it (but you can also play around with it for yourself since personal preferences can vary) :tup:

That's a good tip, thank you very much! I will definitely check out this thread. Thank you!

Just received the shipping confirmation for the honeycomb piece! I'm excited AF! :rockon:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
A few days ago I received the Globe from SneakyPete and I wanted to leave a progress report here:

First of all, it should be noted that Vapenorth has kindly included an additional mouthpiece with balls and a neoprene mat to place the bong on. Very nice, thank you very much!

The complete contents of the package: Mega Globe Mk 2 - Flat Earth Edition, 10mm Glass Stopper, 14mm Glass Stopper, Silicone Whip, Glass Whip Tip, Glass Whip Adapter, Glass Mouthpiece. I also bought a 14mm glass WPA stem for the TM2.

The Globe itself seems to me to be well made (although of course I'm not really an expert), is significantly smaller than expected (which I like) and makes a nice, valuable impression overall.

After cleaning everything under running water, I loaded the TM2 WPA stem with herbs. Although the WPA has a glass screen, I used an additional rimmed mesh screen to avoid dirt (I currently use the rimmed mesh screens for all TM2 stems; I have already ordered larger rimless screens and will try them out).

I filled the bong halfway with cold water and then fired the TM2 in session mode at level 5. I used the glass mouthpiece for the first session. And then, after two puffs at level 5, the fun was already over. :shrug:

Well, what can I say: it was surprisingly unspectacular. I mean, everything was fine and I don't really have anything to criticize, but I think I expected more in terms of smoothness and taste. The high was fine, but at no point did I lie on the sofa completely wasted, as I remember from my younger years (that was combustion though). The smoothness of the vapor was ok, but I did feel a slight scratchiness. There wasn't really much taste compared to the dense cloud, but that doesn't bother me too much as I'm not (yet) a flavor chaser.

In another session, I tried the silicone whip. There were no major differences in terms of taste and smoothness, but I like the shisha style and will certainly be using the whip again.

I'm now very curious to see how the DHGate bong compares. I don't know yet whether I'll become a glass addict. It's all very nice, but it's quite a lot of effort just to completely destroy a bowl in 10 seconds. And vaping one bong after the other wouldn't be ideal either, I'd run out of herbs far too quickly. :lol:

I will certainly try the mouthpiece with the balls. I will also try to use the WPA without an additional rimmed mesh screen, as this allows larger quantities to be used.

How do you do it? Do you only vape with bongs? Or only on certain occasions or only with certain herbs? What is your reason for going to the effort of vaping through glass?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

How do you do it? Do you only vape with bongs? Or only on certain occasions or only with certain herbs? What is your reason for going to the effort of vaping through glass?

I prefer my TM dry, I use hooks and other cooling stems, not the stock stuff, and I start extremely low on the dial, turning it up tiny bit by tiny bit between numbers, for each hit, that is how I milk the flavor and vapor, also get really nice effects...

If I'm going through water I will do a one hitter at a higher temp, set it at session so I don't have to hold the button down, turn it off before finishing to fully inhale and clear the hit... I use my Tetra this way much more for water and prefer my TM dry as I said though they both work well either way

There are a lot of variables in what you are loading, how you are loading it, etc along with how you use the TM, so keep playing around and find what works best for you! I definitely think the inline honeycomb will work better, smoother hits with better flavor retention, but the above will still be true?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
set it at session so I don't have to hold the button down, turn it off before finishing to fully inhale and clear the hit

Maybe some of the users, using session mode, and getting fewer hits, and HOT devices, need to remember having to “manually turn off”, in that mode. This is one of my few, little, complaints, as there should be an auto time out…..

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I prefer my TM dry, I use hooks and other cooling stems, not the stock stuff, and I start extremely low on the dial, turning it up tiny bit by tiny bit between numbers, for each hit, that is how I milk the flavor and vapor, also get really nice effects...

Yes, that's what I do. I always start at around 2.5 and then work my way up. At the moment, I prefer to use a pill stem from HA.

If I'm going through water I will do a one hitter at a higher temp, set it at session so I don't have to hold the button down, turn it off before finishing to fully inhale and clear the hit...

Ok, that's exactly what I did.

I use my Tetra this way much more for water and prefer my TM dry as I said though they both work well either way

That's interesting, because I don't know the Tetra yet. Oh, hello VAS... :o

There are a lot of variables in what you are loading, how you are loading it, etc along with how you use the TM, so keep playing around and find what works best for you! I definitely think the inline honeycomb will work better, smoother hits with better flavor retention, but the above will still be true?

Yes, all the experimenting is fun. The possible combinations really are endless.

I'm really looking forward to the inline honeycomb and will be happy to report back here.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
As I am still waiting for my inline honeycomb, I would like to bridge the time by buying more glass stuff.

@Shit Snacks and @LesPlenty you both recommended the following:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

Would this be the right option ("bong with diffusion", without ash catcher)? Why don't I need the ash catcher?

And did I understand you correctly @LesPlenty that I can really just throw this thing in the dishwasher?

Thank you both! 🙏

In the meantime, I use my Globe from time to time and find it quite nice. However, I realized that the shape of the globe is not ideal (as the experts here had already predicted, but I didn't want to listen...). For example, I have now bought S-pieces (18mm to 14mm and vice versa), but I can't use them with the Globe because the S rests on the round edge of the Globe and therefore can't be inserted properly. Well, having is better than needing...

What works quite well with the Globe is the DynaVap. I currently just use the normal DynaVap M Plus, but I ordered a small titanium stem/WPA (14mm) on etsy, into which I can simply insert the DynaVap tip.

It remains exciting...

Shit Snacks

Would this be the right option ("bong with diffusion", without ash catcher)? Why don't I need the ash catcher?

Yep! The ash catch is just another diffusion chamber, if you want that, go for it, I don't personally like to do that much, and if so I wouldn't want to do it with two identical perc and chambers... (Since it is the same seller it'll arrive after the other one of course and should be a nice compliment definitely an improvement from the orb)

Sorry about the drop down, yeah that's another problem with that design, you might have better luck with one of these dropdowns perhaps the angle could be right:
They are a great seller with a lot of other useful adapters too

If you want to check eBay you might be able to find something you like cheap that could ship quick??

LesPlenty

Company Rep
can really just throw this thing in the dishwasher?
Correct option and cleans up great in the dishwasher.:tup:
I actually prefer the mouthpiece from this bong on it, another great offering from the same seller,
c8ad05ec-37fa-49a2-a229-ec1b3a4c95c7.jpg

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Yep! The ash catch is just another diffusion chamber, if you want that, go for it, I don't personally like to do that much, and if so I wouldn't want to do it with two identical perc and chambers... (Since it is the same seller it'll arrive after the other one of course and should be a nice compliment definitely an improvement from the orb)

Great, thank you for the feedback. I'll do without the ash catcher then. I also like the simplicity of this bong, so let's leave it at that.

Sorry about the drop down, yeah that's another problem with that design, you might have better luck with one of these dropdowns perhaps the angle could be right:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkl/405973093.html?invitationCode=ff8080814637ba5e01465ab2a6cb3557|-|405973093 They are a great seller with a lot of other useful adapters too

Ah cool, thank you very much! I will order them and hope that they will fit. And if not, then I'll just order another bong - at some point I'll have a real use for all the accessories. :lol:

If you want to check eBay you might be able to find something you like cheap that could ship quick??

Thanks for the tip. I'm not actually in such a hurry, I'm just impatient and bored in my home office. :p

Correct option and cleans up great in the dishwasher.:tup:

Oh, that's great, thank you!

I actually prefer the mouthpiece from this bong on it, another great offering from the same seller,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/70mm...N8Bx1yyaXmUzwcAvT&resource_id=#mfavit-15-null

Oh, a great tip, thank you very much! In fact, the original mouthpiece of the bong above doesn't appeal to me as it gets narrower towards the mouth (I'm sure there's another technical term for this that I don't know). I like the mouthpiece you linked, so I'll pick that up as well.

Thank you both as always for the prompt and helpful answers!

Shit Snacks

Oh really, that would be possible? Dang, I didn't know that and now I've already ordered. All right, then I'll know for next time.

Thanks a lot for the tip! :tup:

Send them a message, you can reference your order in the message, they should see it before packaging and sending it out to you

original mouthpiece of the bong above doesn't appeal to me as it gets narrower towards the mouth

Yeah personally I hate the wide flared mouthpieces, I would like a plane tube, that is not too narrow or too wide, I have some of those that I use with angle adapters as mouthpieces too... I like these sipper mouthpieces though it depends on the situation but they can be nice with the simple rig that does not need a lot of airflow depending on the vape too... There are a lot of other options for mouthpieces from other sellers too, but I don't want to go crazy now providing all of them lol (just saw new one)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Send them a message, you can reference your order in the message, they should see it before packaging and sending it out to you

Thank you very much! Good to know that this is possible. I won't change it now and will leave it with the two mouthpieces. That way I have a choice, which is always good.

Yeah personally I hate the wide flared mouthpieces, I would like a plane tube, that is not too narrow or too wide, I have some of those that I use with angle adapters as mouthpieces too... I like these sipper mouthpieces though it depends on the situation but they can be nice with the simple rig that does not need a lot of airflow depending on the vape too...

Interesting, thank you. That's exactly why I think it's better if I order both mouthpieces. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

There are a lot of other options for mouthpieces from other sellers too, but I don't want to go crazy now providing all of them lol (just saw new one)

What’s your favorite? I'm always grateful for tips. Don’t worry, I'll be able to control myself (I hope)... :uhoh:

Last edited:

TedJones

mouthpiece of the bong above doesn't appeal to me as it gets narrower towards the mouth
I’m with ya here his Dudeness. The more narrow feels like they shoot more of a hot stream of vape directly to the back of my throat which is irritating. Know I could slow it down, but that’s hard for my aggressive style!

Here’s my small collection and my fav is the front one from the FC199.

Top Bottom