T break until 4/20

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks! Yeah i've tried IT ALL...believe me everything from all the natural stuff, to hypnosis, to sleeping pills, etc. I'd rather not sleep at all than have the feeling of the sleeping pill the next morning. It's basically gotta be nothing (completely clean) or back on the bud. The problem is that even when I hit the bud occassionally I get the insomnia still if I don't vape.

The one great point you mention and probably a cause of it is the computer and my iphone. Today i'll stop, and read a book instead and see how it goes. After being awake for 36 hours I figured i'd pass out hard, but couldn't and can't sleep during the day.

So, maybe i'll just watch some Fight Club because i'm never really awake, or asleep and Ed Norton kicks ass.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Believe me I know EXACTLY how you feel, and this is why i'm going through this AGAIN, to see if I can somehow "repair" my shit ass sleep, by abstaining. Last time I did make some very good progress and probably felt better than ever but I fell into the damn trap again.

I refuse to just stay on the shit because I refuse dependency. If after 2 months nothing changes and I can never sleep, I will probably have to reconsider lol But I do have some serious hatred for the herb because of this. Sleep just won't come whatsoever.

Gotcha, and I agree it's never a good thing to depend on anything of course. I just still get nightmares thinking about those nightmares :ugh:

It's just funny that I've never experienced this before. I've read some of the studies on how mj effects our REM state and the theories of how us users perhaps live a lot of our dreams (or the thoughts and feelings that lead to them) while we're still awake. But I've been smoking mj daily for almost 17 years before I started vaping and I've always spend a few weeks completely sober every single one of those years, yet I've never had those dreams before during my breaks. I must be getting a lot more of the plant in my system now then before with smoking, or I'm getting old early, idgi.

ps: I was a terrible insomniac before I used mj. Never ever slept more then 3 hours a night and always tossed and turned for hours before I fell asleep. But during my last break I didn't have a lot of trouble falling asleep, I just woke right up again after ten minutes because of the dreams.

Good look on your journey anyways, I don't envy you. So what is your goal with this, do you want to completely stop using mj or do you just want to be an occasional user in the future?

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
Definitely occasional....I will NEVER stop, but the chronic abuse HAS to. I guess I have an addictive personality or a weak mind because I fall into the trap and then vape way more than I should, meaning morning, afternoon, and night. I would like to take a 2-3g/day habit down to using it for sleep when I absolutely have to, and the occasionally recreational use....so maybe .5g or less per day, and hopefully not everyday.

Oh how I empathize with your past insomnia.... same here... my entire life....UNLESS I worked a heavy physical job without shifts, then i'd pass out and sleep like the dead as soon as my head hit the pillow. Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess) I have a pretty kushy job that's shift work and it completely fucks me up. That job isn't gonna change so i'm just trying to do the best and healthiest thing for me, because with my current pace, the insomnia WILL probably ruin me. I've had times where i've felt my heart was going to explode when doing something physically active without sleep, and i have no cardio whatsoever, or strength in my muscles.

I went through this for 7 weeks before I fucked it all up and thought I had it under control. I won't go that route again, and will program my brain even if I have to tattoo it on my dick and fuck it into my own brain to use ALOT LESS frequently.

Very interesting about your observation with smoking in the past. I know vaping delivers ALOT more cannabinoids so it probably floors our receptors and mutes melatonin production. No different than any other drug really....herb is a sedative (indicas anyway), and i'm probably going through the same BS of sleeping pills withdrawl. Just a habit.

Also wanted to add that when the sleeping starts to get better, there are LOTS AND LOTS of nights of waking up very early (like 3am or 4am) and can't get back to sleep. It gradually over time gets better.

I just think a cleanse of no herb is pretty healthy for a month or so every once in a while.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
One week vapour free - getting about 4-5 hours sleep a night now....fuck yeah! Don't think I ever sleep more than 6-7 so i'm pretty happy. Beats the 1-2 hours I was getting. However I still sweat like a beast at night. Probably my body expecting the cannabinoids and i'm like nope, not this time lol

vape4life,
Top Bottom