T break until 4/20

BL4ZE

Anyone else down for doing this? I was suppose to start last week, but I'm finding it a little hard since I've been vaping so much lately. We can use this as a little support group.
The T break will start tom (4/9) So who's with me? lol

BL4ZE,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I thought about it as well, but I figured I'd just smoke anyways, so I didn't bother :p plus I'm running low on my pain medication so I'm vaping a bit more than usual.

Quetzalcoatl,

Tai Sun

im doing the same thing, or attempting to. Its been three days so far after using all day everyday for a while now, im not finding it that hard. If anything im only finding it hard because im unemployed and sitting at home all day bored and depressed, knowing if i vaped i wouldnt be feeling like this, i think the key is finding something to distract yourself.

Nosferatu

I'm in! Starting today, 7 days only.:brow:

My goal is to break my mild dependance on cannabis for sleep(and passing time lol). I have been using for years straight so if I try to stop I simply can not sleep. But that is exactly the reason I join you fellows in this break, to prove I don't NEED it, just enjoy it. Also I went through an 8th in a day in my cloud, I simply can't afford my passion for vaping.

It's gonna be an itchy night! :uhoh:

Nosferatu,
Reactions: vape4life

Tai Sun

So far so great, its been almost two weeks or so and im not finding hard at all anymore, marijuana isnt addictive but when im sittting around doing nothing thats when i know for a fact i wouldnt be bored if i was high. Thats really the only hard bit haha, im extremely excited to get put in a coma off one or so vape hits though :) it will be the lowest my tolerance has been in a loooooong time.

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm in! Starting today, 7 days only.:brow:

My goal is to break my mild dependance on cannabis for sleep(and passing time lol). I have been using for years straight so if I try to stop I simply can not sleep. But that is exactly the reason I join you fellows in this break, to prove I don't NEED it, just enjoy it. Also I went through an 8th in a day in my cloud, I simply can't afford my passion for vaping.

It's gonna be an itchy night! :uhoh:

Dude, I could have typed all those words because they reflect me completely. Except I think my dependence isn't as mild as yours. Basically, I cannot no matter what sleep without herb, unless I abstain for several weeks. Literally I will be awake for at least a week, and then it will slowly get better. I'm not joking, even when i'm up all night long tossing, turning, and sweating like a savage, I can't sleep during the day and ofcourse have a very difficult time functioning. I too would go through an 1/8th every day or two.

My last break lasted 7 weeks at the beginning of this year (waiting for the Cloud lol), but I caved into some rick simpson oil edibles for a few nights and that completely fucked up my t-break and destroyed my tolerance and caused serious insomnia for many nights.

At this point I think i'll just wait for the Cloud, and hope it takes longer than a month or two so I can really give my body a chance to recover for my years of abuse lol I knew it was time when I couldn't get high and it didn't help much for sleep anymore. I just hate being dependent.

vape4life,

RussyRoo

been breaking since April 3rd. friday is going to be so so much better for it :ko:

RussyRoo,

Nosferatu

Dude, I could have typed all those words because they reflect me completely. Except I think my dependence isn't as mild as yours. Basically, I cannot no matter what sleep without herb, unless I abstain for several weeks. Literally I will be awake for at least a week, and then it will slowly get better. I'm not joking, even when i'm up all night long tossing, turning, and sweating like a savage, I can't sleep during the day and ofcourse have a very difficult time functioning. I too would go through an 1/8th every day or two.

My last break lasted 7 weeks at the beginning of this year (waiting for the Cloud lol), but I caved into some rick simpson oil edibles for a few nights and that completely fucked up my t-break and destroyed my tolerance and caused serious insomnia for many nights.

At this point I think i'll just wait for the Cloud, and hope it takes longer than a month or two so I can really give my body a chance to recover for my years of abuse lol I knew it was time when I couldn't get high and it didn't help much for sleep anymore. I just hate being dependent.

Damn man I realized my dependance isn't as mild as i thought. I too can't sleep at all either I realized. I caved after 2 days because I simply couldn't sleep and felt so on edge. I know this is bad but I am going to have to slowly ween my self off it. They say weed can't make you dependant(AKA addicted), but it certainly can from heavy use, and even more so using a vaporizer because you are getting so many cannabinoids and hardly any byproducts. At least with smoke your lungs tell you when to stop, maybe that's how it's suppose to be.

Nosferatu,

RussyRoo

For the first few days I just tried to exercise as much as I could to tire me out. And I had a few beers in the evening for the first couple of days, and that helped me get off to sleep ok. But then I'm not sure my dependence was that bad. I had cut down my consumption quite a bit in the week before I stopped.

RussyRoo,

vape4life

Banned for life
Nos, forsure buddy, the insomnia and being on edge are very common withdrawl effects. I'm the exact same way and without caving, i'm honestly awake for a week straight before I start getting a couple hours sleep, and then that slowly increases. Eventually i'll drop 15 lbs or so (mainly because of lack of sleep and no late night eating/apetite), hit the gym religiously and get abs and a ripped body and then it's smooth sailing. Until the next temptation, and then rebound.... fuck it it's not addicting, I guess i'm mentally weak.

I always laugh at people justifying herb and saying it's not addicting etc. if they are a daily user and then I tell them to just abstain and see what happens. The sleep is the biggest one for me, I can handle everything else no problem for withdrawl, but it just makes functioning/working nearly impossible.

I wanna give my body a looooong break to recover and then re-evaluate. If my sleep patterns suck still (and shift work kills it) after a couple of months, i'll just have to accept that I need medicine to sleep, and use it very sparingly and respect it, instead of vaping the shit out of boatloads lol

I think you made a good point though and the cannabinoids....it's just SO damn easy to vape!

vape4life,

djonkoman

when I abstain I have no trouble sleeping, it does take longer but it always did before I even started smoking, has always taken me 30-45 minutes to fall asleep only since I started smoking, and later vaping, I've become used top falling asleep a lot quicker.
but I have noticed that I am more edgy, less easy to tolerate ridiculous/pointless rules/situations etc, when I vape daily I can easier shrug it off
also harder to endure some annoying habits/traits of friends

djonkoman,
Reactions: Elluzion

vape4life

Banned for life
That's what i'm starting to think, I have always had sleeping problems, and it runs in my family. However, I think that the herb may add to the problem so that's what i'm trying to figure out. I know there is debate on what it does to REM sleep, but sometimes I just do feel like I get the "quality" of sleep I need.

Another interesting point is that after 3 weeks of abstaining, I would actually start yawning and get tired in the evening. That would never happen in the first 2 weeks or so. The only other way is by vaping.

The cannabinoids do affect alot of stuff in the body, hormones, etc. I know that one of the main reasons for this sleeping disturbance is an imbalance of melatonin secreted by the pineal gland. Body gets used to sleeping with herb, and then without it just won't do it. No different than any other sleeping pills.

vape4life,

Tai Sun

I had absolutely no trouble falling asleep at all, even the first night, and ive been the heaviest user i know for the longest time (aprx 3yrs all day erryday). I just found the key to be getting outside and doing some kind of physical activity, if i sit inside all day on the computer or playing video games i find it extremely hard to fall asleep haha. Oh and im one of those if you dont think about it it wont happen guys, so i litterally just didnt think about not being able to fall asleep and had no trouble at all, try it !

But anyway im extremely keen for tomorrow :D and i have a feeling ill be so blazed i may end up having an ultra early finish to my 4/20 unless i pep myself up with some other additive heheh :C

Tai Sun,

BL4ZE

Well I didn't there was much interest in this so I stopped checking after the first day or two and just came back to this lol. I made it till this past sunday and just really felt like vaping so I did. Of course I ended up vaping monday and tuesday as well :lol: Going to take the next two days off even though that's nothing really. I try and take atleast a month break every year but that's yet to happen, kind of dissapointed. I seem to just think about quiting to much during the day that I just stress myself out over it. It's really just the first night that's hard for me since I have trouble falling asleep. After that as long as I keep myself super busy and just wear myself out i'm alright. I just need to make it a couple of weeks and then I can get back to just vaping during the weekends. Moderation is key for me, but it just gradually becomes an everyday thing after a while.

BL4ZE,

vape4life

Banned for life
Moderation is key for me, but it just gradually becomes an everyday thing after a while.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is my problem too! It's like it's all or nothing for me lol Sadly, now it's nothing...2 nights no sleep, and sheets so sweat soaked like they came out of the washing machine, only not as clean. It'll get better.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
ps: my last tolerance break came down to 8 nights of perhaps 1,5 hours of sleep, never again. From now on I just stay on this shit no matter what.

I even tried to bust a FC forum members skull with a toilet seat (the only 'weapon' I could find in the dream) trying to stay alive in one of those nightmares. I wonder why I never got these dreams during breaks from mj (usually forced when traveling) when I was still smoking instead of vaping though.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Naah, it was FLskwat, lol. We had actually talked about meeting sometime before, that's the only explanation I can come up with. He was really nice at first when the dream started, feeding me his BHO and whatnot, but the bastard just turned on me all of a sudden and came after me with a baseball bat, lmao.

RussyRoo

Ive been holding out all day in expectation of my cloud arriving, but I'm still waiting for UPS to deliver it. FFS!! its 4:20pm here right now!! I wanna celebrate!!:doh:

RussyRoo,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
when I abstain I have no trouble sleeping, it does take longer but it always did before I even started smoking, has always taken me 30-45 minutes to fall asleep only since I started smoking, and later vaping, I've become used top falling asleep a lot quicker.
but I have noticed that I am more edgy, less easy to tolerate ridiculous/pointless rules/situations etc, when I vape daily I can easier shrug it off
also harder to endure some annoying habits/traits of friends

completely agree with this. I feel the exact same way. It is less easy for me to tolerate bullshit or other crap going on in life. Cannabis makes you very transparent to the truth

Elluzion,

vape4life

Banned for life
ps: my last tolerance break came down to 8 nights of perhaps 1,5 hours of sleep, never again. From now on I just stay on this shit no matter what.

Believe me I know EXACTLY how you feel, and this is why i'm going through this AGAIN, to see if I can somehow "repair" my shit ass sleep, by abstaining. Last time I did make some very good progress and probably felt better than ever but I fell into the damn trap again.

I refuse to just stay on the shit because I refuse dependency. If after 2 months nothing changes and I can never sleep, I will probably have to reconsider lol But I do have some serious hatred for the herb because of this. Sleep just won't come whatsoever.

vape4life,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Believe me I know EXACTLY how you feel, and this is why i'm going through this AGAIN, to see if I can somehow "repair" my shit ass sleep, by abstaining. Last time I did make some very good progress and probably felt better than ever but I fell into the damn trap again.

I refuse to just stay on the shit because I refuse dependency. If after 2 months nothing changes and I can never sleep, I will probably have to reconsider lol But I do have some serious hatred for the herb because of this. Sleep just won't come whatsoever.

In terms of helping you fall asleep, I would recommend meditation, relaxing ambient music, masturbation/sexual activity, chamomile or sleepy tea before bed. all of these have helped me and I can get very restful sleep without the herb. I know what you mean by the dependence aspect, it makes you seem weak if you have to rely on something to help you. Try some new strategies before bed, also NO TV or COMPUTER before bed, they are very stimulating and keep you from falling asleep. Just trying to help :2c:

Elluzion,
Top Bottom