Syringe filters

tepictoton

Aloha,

seeing they have been mentioned a few times in the pieces I have been reading, does anybody know a good source to order syringe filters with .22 or .45 micron?

maybe it is possible to split the answers into American and European suppliers?

I am from Europe myself...

Maybe they are available at the pharmacy?

tepictoton,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

2clicker

Observer
i too have considered using these to filter quickly after winterization. just havent purchased any yet. you can also get them on amazon.

2clicker,

SaybianTv

Just a heads up if you do get your hands on some 0.2 um or .45 filters, you can't go straight to that size these filters are for removing "bacteria" sized particulates. What you will end up is with the syringe jam winterize fail and worse if you try to touch it, the filter breaks off for single use safety. I found the best results were to hook it up to a vac and a jar and pull rather than push the fluid through. This filter is more the final final step, you can take its work down greatly with a pre filter at higher lard catching speeds. The filter pad is smaller than a quarter.

SaybianTv,

tepictoton

i was thinking about that...but what would be the difference if one would put the filter on top of a jar and then push(meaning the filter can't go anywhere, or at least not pop of) in comparison to using a vac for pulling it trough? why I ask, i do not have a vac anymore... And before you go and scream at me, lol, I have been making my extract with spraying directly into 95%grain alcohol wich pushes out any butane directly after spraying....

tepictoton,

SaybianTv

It's the way the filter is made, there just not Man friendly. I broke 3 filters in 10 mins one night trying to filter 150 ml! and ended up with no filter's left and only half in the pristine state. 4get the syringe filters and get a buchner funnel set with 0.7um to 1.5um filters. you can be way more brute, you can literally pour winterize juice straight through it and come out with a disc of wax on the filter. Vac pumps destroy syringe filters, it appends way to fast and the filter literally collapses on itself and shuts.
The buchner funnel is the ultimate and works with both hand and vacuum pump. You can get your hands on a hand pump, as long as you have cars you'll need to check there vacuum pressure so you can pick one up anywhere.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WQmd51gPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SaybianTv,

tepictoton

i so happens still have one of those pumps laying around...thx for the input.

tepictoton,
Top Bottom