switching strains boosts your high?

friedbanana8

ok so i just want to start out by saying that im new to concentrates and i dont know much about them. I got my persei about a month ago and have since been vaping some wax. my first week with it didnt go so well cause i blew up my carts and had to wait for another order. then i had some 2.4carts in operation for a few days before i blew those up trying to set them up to 7.4v. Thats when i switched to the 5.0ohm cart.
i had been vaping some girl scout cookie wax out of my persei in a 5.0ohmcart set to 7.4v for about 10 days, at towards the end the hits werent hitting me as strong as they were in the first day. Then i switched up to some gucci og wax in a 5.0ohm cart at 7.4v and got super lifted, of course i thought the gucci OG was the better strain. So i vaped that for a few days until it got down to 0.2g left in the cart which is when i wanted to throw in 3.0g more, but i couldnt do a fill at that particular moment so i switched back to the girl scout cookie cart and got even more lifted than i was getting with the gucci og cart. This morning i was able to refill my gucci og cart and i proceeded to hit it and it was notcieable stronger than it was yesterday noon.

Do you guys experience similar effects when switching strains?

friedbanana8,
Reactions: robwars

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yup, different strains (and even different phenotypes of the same strain) have differing cannabinoid profiles. Something as small as half a percentage or so of CBN and THC variance will affect the type of high. It's why I always split my eighths/quarters when I go to grab.

SD_haze

Yup, different strains (and even different phenotypes of the same strain) have differing cannabinoid profiles. Something as small as half a percentage or so of CBN and THC variance will affect the type of high. It's why I always split my eighths/quarters when I go to grab.
I always ask for splitting :goat:

There was one dispensary that charged an extra $5 to split an 8th... but to be fair it was the best buds I've seen in SD. RIP PgP

OO

Technical Skeptical
Many have reported that switching strains with high frequency prevents them from getting used to the effects of any single variety.

I've heard that using 3 in a cycle is enough.

OO,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I can't relate to tolerance level issues personally because I've never had the issue in daily use for the last 35+ yrs of partaking and the last 7 yrs with frequent dabbing myself. I guess my body chemistry and uptake isn't affected like others and have always remained a sensitive 'lightweight' :shrug:

Although I've always been fortunate enough through contacts and growing to allow a different strain per oz used, but that lasts me quite well since it doesn't take me much at all to medicate..... I figure I only need a gram a day (bud) and only a single dab a day (concentrate) unless I'm really hurting.

I suppose I'll consider myself very lucky in all facets of usage.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I've honestly never noticed that. I have noticed different effects and strength levels between strains.

deadheadbill,

friedbanana8

thanks for all the replies ma dudes, glad to know that tolerance building can be nipped in the bud no pun intended ofcourse by just switching strains a couple times
I always mix it up and as a result, have never had to take a tolerance break.
yeah man im personally amazed by how effective switching strains can be, i was a herb combuster for 6 years and just switched to vaping concentrates. I guess i never noticed how switching strains could fight tolerance building since i pretty much smoked a different strain every session. Not knowing this, when i bought my persei i had filled one cart and kept using that one cart to the point that i found that it was taking alot of hits, 15-20 3 second hits from a 5.0ohm cart, to get me to where i like to be and then that high would only last about an hour. I was starting to think i liked combusting herb better. And then i started swtiching up strains and now it only takes about 5 hits to get to where i like to be of the same stuff! My tolerance was at a high enough level that the 2.4ohm carts weren't effecting me. Now that i know about switching strains though, i think ill give the 2.4ohm carts another try.
Many have reported that switching strains with high frequency prevents them from getting used to the effects of any single variety.

I've heard that using 3 in a cycle is enough.
By 3 in a cycle do you mean switching every session or per day or every couple days between those 3 strains?

friedbanana8,
Reactions: Tweek

OO

Technical Skeptical
I can't relate to tolerance level issues personally because I've never had the issue in daily use for the last 35+ yrs of partaking and the last 7 yrs with frequent dabbing myself. I guess my body chemistry and uptake isn't affected like others and have always remained a sensitive 'lightweight' :shrug:

Although I've always been fortunate enough through contacts and growing to allow a different strain per oz used, but that lasts me quite well since it doesn't take me much at all to medicate..... I figure I only need a gram a day (bud) and only a single dab a day (concentrate) unless I'm really hurting.

I suppose I'll consider myself very lucky in all facets of usage.
I have far less experience, but mine parallel yours exactly.

Body chemistry may play a role, there are enzymes in the liver that are responsible for drug metabolism that differ in their effects from one genetic pool to another.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2008/0601/p1553.html
Something to consider.
By 3 in a cycle do you mean switching every session or per day or every couple days between those 3 strains?
I mean one a day running in a three day cycle.

Top Bottom