Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

indigal

Amongst the corn
That is fantastic :D, well- maybe not while he was in the middle of it, but stiil :lol:. Been there, with the golden dragon from my IO stems. I learned the hard way to dip my toe in. Swamp water is a little safer, but we have tolerance on our side.

indigal,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol Indi.... I actually mixed some golden dragon in with the swamp water for added potency.... Not sure if I'll do that again yet :D

Lo,

JollyGood

So when using ABV, is it necessary to heat the alcohol/ABV mixture using a water bath? Or do most people just let the ABV sit in the alcohol for a few hours?

I just read the whole thread and can't tell if the heating process is necessary/ideal for ABV or just for fresh stuff...?

Thanks! :)

JollyGood,

Lo

Heat is not necessary when using ABV. It has already been activated :)

Lo,

MacRadish

I bring the ABV/Everclear mixture to a boil in a double bath before I separate the particulate from the alcohol for further reducing. My chemist friend says "everything happens with heat".

I found an old US made stainless steel potato press that works very well, compared to cheese cloth, for separating/straining/pressing the remaining alcohol from the ABV.

MacRadish,

Lo

oohh MacRadish... That potato press sounds pretty interesting! I might need to look into one of those.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
They're called potato ricers. I've been looking for a used one ever since I started vaping. Saw all kinds of them before, at resale and antique places. Now, I can't find a one. I sort of wanted a vintage one, but found one online at Target for $12.99. It actually looks better than the older ones I've seen and the price is right. The link wouldn't post for some reason, but if you go to the Target site, it comes right up. It's the red one.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Thanks, I'm looking into one of those potato ricers too ;)

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Can you see the run on potato ricers now? Better hurry up and get them while they're still in stock. :lol:

momofthegoons,

Lo

lol, yeah usually the old stuff is built better :D

So do you have any particulate come through the ricer?? I looked at a few, some with different sized holes and wonder how clean they strain. Very interested in checking it out.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've been wanting to use it for squeezing out canna butter from the ABV, but don't see why you couldn't use it for this too. But with swamp water/golden dragon, you wouldn't want any particles in it, where with cooking, it's okay if a little get's in. I would think you might have to put in through a coffee filter one time afterwards to get the fine stuff.

momofthegoons,

Raf007

Retailer
I repeat, do not use paper coffee filter ! as it will drink a ot of the alcohol in the process.

Raf007,

Beezleb

Raf007 said:
I repeat, do not use paper coffee filter ! as it will drink a ot of the alcohol in the process.
I am gonna add that to the first post. I can confirm that and have switched to cheese cloth long ago. I am now looking at potato riser and cheese cloth to refine the straining.

Beezleb,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You know Raf, I should have remembered that not only from earlier posts of yours that I read, but my own experience. Duh. Cheesecloth is a much better option. I probably would have remembered as I was staring down at the coffee filter thinking WTF, how did I forget this?. May be time for a mj break. Or may be time to go back to brunette.

momofthegoons,

MacRadish

Lo said:
So do you have any particulate come through the ricer??
Oh yea! The holes are not fine at all, however, the resultant juice gets filtered further through a fine steel mesh filter. The final reduction gets added to two sticks of butter and 1 cup of water that have been simmering together. I let the juice, water and butter simmer for about 20 minutes then pour into a rectangle tuperware thing and refrigerate to separate the water and fat.

I mentioned it before, I make a simple recipe called Magic Cookie Bars using sweetened condensed milk. I get 16 cookies out of the size tray they recommend and a half cookie will turn a lightweight (in terms of herb) grown man into a zombie.

I read a lot of posts about the green taste of edibles not being desirable. What I am also learning is that the "undesirable" taste from chlorophyll is actually good for you.

MacRadish,

MacRadish

MacRadish said:
The final reduction gets added to two sticks of butter.......

......I make a simple recipe called Magic Cookie Bars using sweetened condensed milk. I get 16 cookies out of the size tray they recommend and a half cookie will turn a lightweight (in terms of herb) grown man into a zombie.
I should clarify that I wait until I have an almost full quart sized Ball jar of ABV before I do the extractions into the butter. As I add daily ABV to the jar I add a splash of Everclear which has whole sliced vanilla beans added to it to impart a flavor, in theory. The ABV comes from mostly SSV and VG usage. I use Everclear to clean wands and any erl items and in turn that would get added to the Ball jar. The final potency is variable due to these conditions and I suppose caution should be in order. ;)

MacRadish,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i got rowdy camping this weekend and took a little too much of the golden dragon. it took me three days to fully recover. never got zombified though. just majorly trashed. feeling normal for the first time today.

SSS,

Beezleb

SSS said:
i got rowdy camping this weekend and took a little too much of the golden dragon. it took me three days to fully recover. never got zombified though. just majorly trashed. feeling normal for the first time today.
Sounds like a needed rule, what happens at camp, stays at camp. Love that Swamp Water.

Beezleb,

Raf007

Retailer
Beezleb said:
Raf007 said:
I am gonna add that to the first post. I can confirm that and have switched to cheese cloth long ago. I am now looking at potato riser and cheese cloth to refine the straining.
That last sentence, i like it very much Beezleb :) It sounds like its directly coming from a cheech and chong movie .

Momofthegoones : what's "going back to brunette "??
to stop dying your hair ?
please don't, the world is much brighter with blondinettes around.

Back to dah topic, crossing over with the rippe mango one.

I will try this weekend, regular rhum (coz I'm out of 90d vodka), abv, and mango juice to add some potency w. the mycene it supposes to bring.

will report after the party and the beta tester experience.

Btw do u guys confirm that given (or not, but I will be lazy and on hurry) I will leave the ABV in the rhum it will still work, even if it s only 40 degrees ?

Raf007,

Beezleb

I dont think the temperature matters much but I do not really know. Have not tried nor heard of anyone using the mango juice in this application.

I would worry about the juice keeping over time if not used right away. I would maybe drink the mango juice prior to drinking the swamp water or mixing it with swamp water before your use it. I like to mix a little cola with it.

Look forward to your findings!

Beezleb,

Raf007

Retailer
Sorry for the english , I was talikng about the % of alcool, not about temp.
... in french it's the same word, "degree" that we use to talk about the strengh of the alcool, therefore the mistake.(I m not even sure what i just tried to explain is understandable ) :)

About the mango juice, i will not let it rest at all, i will mix it just before the party and I intend to finish the bottle of rhum during the nite.

cause if the rippen mango thing works when we vape , the mycenes should play the same role.

Raf007,
Top Bottom