Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Good info, indigal. I'll stick my stuff in the bottom door of the refri.
I've got a little stainless steel cup that holds about 2 oz. with a tight lid so that will work for this one dose that I have left.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Beezleb

The fridge works for me, a Worcestershire sauce bottle works great due to its size and color if you make a bunch.

Chilling makes it a bit smoother to drink.

Beezleb,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Here is my as close to measured experiment I have done thus far -

In a little (pseudo) graduated jelly jar I added ABV up to the 50ml mark. (These are small jars)

Added some everclear up to the 150ml mark and let it sit for a few hours. It turned a nice little shade of forrest green(ish)

I then strained off the solids with a coffee filter and did another small sparge of the herbs (mostly to rinse out the ABV jar) the ABV was squeezed from the remainder of the coffee filter. Once the sparge was finished, I ended up with 150ml of nice green juice.

Double coffee filter was put on top of the jar and secured. It is sitting in a nice dark area now to let some of the everclear evaporate. Ill report back how this stuff works :)

AGBeer,

cubivore

Actually after reading this thread I decided to try to make my 1st golden dragon and was just wondering if the color indicates anything other than how thoroughly you vaped? Mine seems awfully green for it to be considered golden dragon.

cubivore,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
cubivore said:
Actually after reading this thread I decided to try to make my 1st golden dragon and was just wondering if the color indicates anything other than how thoroughly you vaped? Mine seems awfully green for it to be considered golden dragon.

[url]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6458/color1c.jpg[/url]

[url]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6512/color2f.jpg[/url]
What vape did you use? What alcohol did you use?
Mine was more of a brownish color. But whatever it is, I'm sure it'll get you high. I got SUPER high on only 1/4oz of liquid after it was strained (after sitting for about 18 hours).

MoeOnTheMoon,

cubivore

MoeOnTheMoon said:
What vape did you use? What alcohol did you use?
Mine was more of a brownish color. But whatever it is, I'm sure it'll get you high. I got SUPER high on only 1/4oz of liquid after it was strained (after sitting for about 18 hours).
I have a Vapor Bros vaporizer, and an off brand everclear, because thats what I already had here...(and I let it sit for about a day)

I am gonna try to let some evaporate before I start testing it for real. But I do know that I will never be able to put a dropper full under my tongue. I tried just a couple of drops and it was like liquid fire. But it does smell very floral.

cubivore,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I'd gather the color & effects are related to the temp you vape at.. The stuff that was 80% PD, 20% Iolite was the color of black tea when strained (it was light brown abv), and it goes cloudy when cool. Then again, I've reduced it down to maybe 1/3 the volume by evap- it was clear at room temp before that, now it's super-saturated & cloudy. But a little will do ya fine. ;)

indigal,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Mine is about the same color green as posted by cubie. I *STILL* have 150ml of solution left - it appears that none of it evaporated as I hoped it would overnight. (No biggie)

I did however take 10ml of it in a soda this AM. No vape to kick it off, just the swampwater and soda.
Ill see how I feel here in a bit.

*EDIT*

After about 2 - 2.5 hours after ingestion I definitely feel a little 'goofy' and body highed. Not bad for recycleables, and Im sure it will improve as some of the alcohol evaps from the tincture. I think I may try 15-20ml tomorrow depending on how much has evaporated today.

AGBeer,

owin

I made some golden(brown) dragon the other day. I used about 8g of vaped weed to test with as it's my first time. After straining there was 200ml of liquid. I let it evaporate for a few days till it was a little over 100ml. Just put some in a glass of green tea. Tastes interesting. I will check back in when I start to feel the effects. Hopefully I don't fall asleep.

Thanks for all the tips.

owin,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
So-

Theoretically, I can use the reclaim (or reclaim with everclear) to make golden dragon? The decarboxylation would have occured already (you hear about people "heat treating" their BHO for edibles)... Making tincture out of my reclaim sounds a lot easier than making choco or candy..

aznfknpride,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh yeah!! A LOT easier Az. My favorite use thusfar... :D but the true golden stuff I get from cleaning PD tubes & Io bits.

The ABV type or "swampwater" is great for a sleep aid, not as full spectrum as the golden stuff - more high range, couch lock type stuff. I give/trade a lot of the swampwater away....it's highly sought after by my friends ;)

Lo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to that. Thus far I have made 2 batches of swampwater (loosely following my initialy guidelines) and holy shit.. This stuff aint no joke!

I finally got a chance to talk to my buddy yesterday whom I gave some to. He was blown away (right before he took his nap) :p

AGBeer,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lo said:
Oh yeah!! A LOT easier Az. My favorite use thusfar... :D but the true golden stuff I get from cleaning PD tubes & Io bits.

The ABV type or "swampwater" is great for a sleep aid, not as full spectrum as the golden stuff - more high range, couch lock type stuff. I give/trade a lot of the swampwater away....it's highly sought after by my friends ;)
Sleepaid is right on. The swampwater I made with my PD leavings was not as strong as I first imagined, but a spoonfull lets me sleep really well!

The Golden tincture that comes from cleaning the parts tho- that is the super-uber potent knock your socks off start-slow or you may regret it in an hour stuff.

indigal,

slickg

Right well the iolite needed cleaning so I though I'd give this a try. Didn't have any of the super high alcohol actually think its pretty hard to get hold of in the uk so I made do with some grey goose.

I filled a small bottle with the goose probably about a wine glass full. Not sure how you guys with the iolite clean or get the resin, I ended up soaking the stems in the goose for maybe an hour. As I only had about 2g of abv I thought Id chuck that in too.

After leaving it for a night I ended up with a light straw golden colour liquid. Put that through a coffee filter and strained the abv. Lol its like a fine wine now you can smell the floral notes :lol:

Itching to try the stuff I just took about 10ml, its actually pretty smooth and because its only about 40% i was able to take it under the tongue for extra quick effect. I'm feeling a little body high and considering how little I took so far I'm pretty impressed.

Ive left the rest to evaporate so hopefully it gets a bit stonger but will have to try this out with a stonger alcohol next time.

As for storage I know it should be kept in the dark but is room temp ok or does it need to be in the fridge.

slickg,

Beezleb

Thanks Slickg, my understanding on the high percentage alcohol for most part equates to how fast it will evaporate. I have no idea what the minimum alc percentage needs to be effective when it comes to obtaining the good stuff from it. If you could can you state the proof or alc percentage of the grey goose.

I keep mine in the fridge in a colored bottle. I dont think the fridge does anything to it other than make it smoother to drink. I store my liquor in the fridge normally for this effect.

Beezleb,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well, me and some old friends are having a get together this weekend for my bday and I'm thinking that i might have to get some of this made up for the occasion. I've got 3-4 months of ABV accumulation, so I think i'll grab a bottle of 151 (since i'd have to go next door to ohio to get some everclear i think) and try making up a batch of this in the next couple days. thanks for all the info provided here!

steiner666,

Beezleb

Happy B-Day Celebration! I look forward to hearing how it goes. I find it mixes/blends very well in a party atmosphere.

Beezleb,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am not getting a lot of evaporation, maybe i should run a fan over the mix? suggestions? i am afraid to put it in the sun as i will lose potency via Beezleb

IAmKrazy2,

Beezleb

Do not put in sun. The light will likely damage it. Put a fan infront of it and it should evaporate faster. Also try putting it in a saucer or a pan as to give more space for evaporation.

The next batch I make I will document with pics.

Beezleb,

owin

I used about 20g of abv on my second batch. It's almost done evaporating. I wanted to get it down under 100ml so it was really potent. Going to try it this weekend probably. Mine is pretty dark brown looking. Smells pretty good though.

owin,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
my first batch is awaiting consumption. hopefully tonight if all goes well.

SSS,

Raf007

Retailer
ok, I'm finally in !

Just threw 47g (1.6 oz) of ABR(eally)V in 40 cl (1.4 oz) of 95de Spiritus polish vodka.

The ABRV is a mix of grade "B" and nice caribean shwag vaped with a volcano classic, temp 202C (396F for thows who still don't respect international treaties and use oz & Fahrenheits )

Skaded.

And it's staying in the dark.

Will let it rest for a few days as I'm in no hurry. except if someone here tell me not to do so...?

But I don't plan to let it evaporate as I think 40 cl is already not a lot. what do you guys think about that ?

I plan to share that during a 50 people or so party in the paris catacombs. And I hope it will lock down some of them :D

Maybe ad a bit of rhum would help sharing more (everyone won't want to try), do you think it would be a good idea considering the 47g ?

Raf007,

Beezleb

Try some out first. I generally considered it an additive to other things. As I like taking it before going out. I can tell when it is kicking in but in my experience it more of a blending with than a stand out thing.

However, I believe yours will be stronger than mine as I mainly use pretty well drained ABV though I am excited to try the abv from my Zephyr which appears to leave the ABV in a much better state I think but I am just estimating that until I actually make it. Maybe by next week I can make a good batch.

Keep it in the Dark. Light will break down the good stuff. I have found a Worcestershire sauce bottle works very well. I keep mine refrigerated but I do not think this is necessary, it just make it a bit smoother to drink. I keep all my whiskey and the like in a fridge.

Beezleb,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx ! it's in the dark and i'll wait a few days before filtration, maybe until next thursday.
I am also considering it as an additive, but i hope it will be strong, even if I m afraid there is nothing much left in the ABRV

what do you mean by drain ? vaped ? coz mine are ABRV, only around 202, but I when I stop to vape the bowl, there is no more visible vapor, & I get pretty much next to nothing after that when i crank up the VC to the max when i tried.

Raf007,

Beezleb

I mean I vaped my pretty hard, so there was not as much THC or other goodies left in as much as some others likely have. When I use my DBV I like the big power draws and especially when I started using a bong it really added to the leaving of little in the ABV.

Today I purposely stop vaping before I typically would as to leave a little more.

I also am not sure leaving it sit unstrained really helps add to the strength and have read where some people believe it to be a negative to leave it sit unstrained for more than a few hours. I have left it sit overnight and I let it sit for 30 minutes and many variations in between. Its always been different but I attribute it to different quality of ABV for each batch. I have had 30 minute swamp water be better than longer sitting. I still do not have an experienced enough knowledge with it to say for sure which is which.

However, I am now using my Zephyr vaporizer and due to the remaining quality of ABV and that ABV being made from known temps, I use 375f and 385f setting and have been using a stable and known herb so its strength has not changed so it will in time give me more info as I can maybe better refine my system for making swamp water and obtain a better understanding by having less variable factors.

I look forward to hearing of the adventures in the catacombs. Such a great place for the Swamp water. If it was me, I would rename the swamp water locally to better match that. If you mix it with a bit of coke or probably any bubbly drink, it will churn and bubble like swamp water. I plan on having a big halloween party this coming year and will make a big witches cauldron with gallons of it. I already have 2 vapist saving abv for it. Imagine this cauldron, not plugged in, no fire but its almost boiling and bubbling a bit. Got to love it. hehe.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom