Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hmmm... Thanks for all that info! I think some experiments are in order here ;)

Will report back... Happen to have some Everclear Golden Dragon on hand :D

Lo,

StickyShisha2

lo said:
My husband would be all over that white lightening ;)
i can't get ever-clear here and was wondering what would happen if i put drinking alcohol in my 1 gallon, drinking water distiller. I think i should move this experiment outdoors.

StickyShisha2,

thelfj

i was wondering, if you make green dragon with normal weed can you vape the dried remnants?

edit: for more info, we have been putting it into my V-tower to heat it up very temporarily and then heating it in a glass jar with 151 inside a water bath for about 20 mins. because i havent gotten a thermometer we have been not making the temp. too high. is it likely to still have some thc in it? and is it safe to put in the vape?

thelfj,

indigal

Amongst the corn
thelfj said:
i was wondering, if you make green dragon with normal weed can you vape the dried remnants?

edit: for more info, we have been putting it into my V-tower to heat it up very temporarily and then heating it in a glass jar with 151 inside a water bath for about 20 mins. because i havent gotten a thermometer we have been not making the temp. too high. is it likely to still have some thc in it? and is it safe to put in the vape?
If you are talking about vaping the leftover herb that you just extracted with alcohol and then dried again, yes you could. Would it have an effect, no. Alcohol will extract all that's there to give if done right. Plus it would just taste naaasty, esp with 151 rum as the residual flavor!

Are you vaping what you are heating in the Vtower or are you just using that to activate it?
If you are using ABV (even slightly AVB- great) if you are using the Vtower to just activate it, you can skip that prelim step by just putting the herb in an unsealed jar of 151 or everclear and place it in a water-bath, Bring the water to a boil (the booze mix will boil sooner since it boils at a lower temp,that's okay.) Lower the heat and simmer that water bath for about 30 mins, it will be active. Drain & cool. I like getting the herb mash out sap since it tastes bitter if I don't.

**again, stoner safety edit- use a hot plate or crock pot to boil high proof spirits, fumes can ignite. At the very least if you don't have either- make sure you can fit that handy pot lid onto the pot WITH your jar in the water bath. Just in case you get a flare up that keeps burning that pretty blue flame, quickly place that lid on top & turn off the flame. It will smother it very fast. Don't try to move a flaming pot o' liquid.**

indigal,

thelfj

the issue is that i truly doubt that it is getting 100% of it through this process. it gets a lot... but not likely 100%. my theory of it still being usable is based on a similar line of thought to how abv is still usable even tho its already been through the vape once.

Edit: we tried it once and it was a little weird tasting, but it still had an apparent effect... we wanted to know if anyone else had tried it and what they thought

thelfj,

Beezleb

Just a bit of an update from my usage.

I am doing approximately 2ml a dose which is far more than the initial few drops I originated with but still very little to get an effect.

Taking it on an empty stomach is best.

I also updated the main thread.

Beezleb,

Lo

Well I did evaporate some onto a little stuff and put it through the PD. I could tell by the taste (brownie'ish) that it had been laced with something. I did not notice a huge difference in buzz, tried a little yesterday, again today - ahh... not really impressive but then I don't have the named beauties many here do and I have a pretty high tolerance... There is also some sticky residue on the bottom of the container since I did saturate the stuff pretty well.

My other experiment with the Golden Dragon this weekend...

I had tried some Mike's Hard Lemonade while boating and thought it wasn't too bad considering I am not into alcohol. I made a batch of homemade lemonade yesterday and then spiked it with my Everclear GD evaporated down concoction. I remember looking at the tv last night and thinking wow, the colors look really pretty tonight!! It was a really nice buzz! Nice thing is the lemonade made the taste actually pretty decent too.

One thing I notice when messing with the GD both green & golden versions... Makes things sticky, tacky. The lemon (one of my favorite scents and flavors) seems to handle the oil nicely and takes the tacky away!! I wonder if lemon oil is a good carrier as well for ingestion? Don't know but a damn tasty mixture :D

Lo,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lo said:
My other experiment with the Golden Dragon this weekend...

I had tried some Mike's Hard Lemonade while boating and thought it wasn't too bad considering I am not into alcohol. I made a batch of homemade lemonade yesterday and then spiked it with my Everclear GD evaporated down concoction. I remember looking at the tv last night and thinking wow, the colors look really pretty tonight!! It was a really nice buzz! Nice thing is the lemonade made the taste actually pretty decent too.

One thing I notice when messing with the GD both green & golden versions... Makes things sticky, tacky. The lemon (one of my favorite scents and flavors) seems to handle the oil nicely and takes the tacky away!! I wonder if lemon oil is a good carrier as well for ingestion? Don't know but a damn tasty mixture :D
I love the buzz from some GD.. you forget about it and then you *notice* the sparkle.

The higher the concentration of the goodies in the GD, the stickier it gets. In a cold drink it becomes almost like a green scum on the surface & edges of glass :/ . Still gets inside you, but I find I prefer the GD in hot beverages.. coffee, indian masala tea, hot cocoa (esp made with good dark chocolate!!) :D

Hey, hot mulled double-spiced cider?

indigal,

Lo

Okay... hot beverages?? I'm in! Not too keen on putting hootch in my morning coffee tho ;)

I make my own mocha powder for an espresso & lowfat organic milk drink I make each morning. Love chocolate things... Now if I just find a way to skip the hootch I'd be in like flint LOL!!

I can see some hot cocoa (dark of course) in my near future! Thanks Indigal!! :D

Lo,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
It's not like it's that much alcohol though, just evaporate it enough so you only need a couple drops.

bluntfaced,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I normally can't taste too much of the booze with my GD (not over the flavor of the GD itself!)

I'd imagine if you got the potency to where 2ml does you, you may not even taste the alcohol?

I wonder if you dosed your liquid- say your hot expresso choco bfasty stuff.. Add GD in a pot with it and heat to a simmer.. and simmer off some of the alc? Wonder if that'd work, it may take a bit of time. I don't think you can get rid of all of it.. but maybe some? Hmmm.. threads like these are dangerous. Too much 'sperimentin to do.

indigal,

11eleven11

I showed a friend this and he's brewing some golden dragon right now. I'm really curious to see his results.

11eleven11,

Beezleb

I look forward to reading about it. Make sure he keeps it out of the light. I have experienced a loss in potency for leaving it out in the light.

Beezleb,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Beez: how long was yours out before you noticed a drop in potency? Just curious..

indigal,

vape4health

Mine turned out to be black dragon . I was using ABV that was dark brown , no black at all . Started with around 6oz of vodka ( Level brand ) and added like 20-30 grams of the dark abv , and the abv was powdered with a mortar and pestle , I dont know if that helps but it sure makes for a bitch of a time to filter it back out . After setting for about 24hrs and a good shake every time I walked passed , it sure does look like something I should not drink . I may gather the balls to try some tonight . :brow:

vape4health,

StickyShisha2

i just made some BHO from my ABV and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.
even dark ABV seems to have some oils in it.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Vessel

Beezleb

vape4health said:
Mine turned out to be black dragon . I was using ABV that was dark brown , no black at all . Started with around 6oz of vodka ( Level brand ) and added like 20-30 grams of the dark abv , and the abv was powdered with a mortar and pestle , I dont know if that helps but it sure makes for a bitch of a time to filter it back out . After setting for about 24hrs and a good shake every time I walked passed , it sure does look like something I should not drink . I may gather the balls to try some tonight . :brow:
2 to 3 days and their was no denying it.

Beezleb,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
What does "12 O'Clock" temperature adjustment on the vaporizer equate to? I was wondering, If a person didn't have that brand (or any easy-fill wand style) could a person pass the hot air from a hair dryer over fresh herb (like through a mesh strainer or tea ball) so that it it might release its Green Dragon goodness?

macbill,

Beezleb

Medium heat level I believe, since I only use the abv right now I have had no need to activate the material by vaping it slightly first.

I imagine a hair dryer would work if it got hot enough, I was say the temp needs to be at least 325ish degrees. I really do not know as I do know exactly what point weed becomes activated for this use.

Beezleb,

King Kong

hit the bowl a few times until vapor starts to get released, after that its ready for green dragon

the range for vaping is 370F to 400F, best is 375F to 380F..

King Kong,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Beezleb said:
, I was say the temp needs to be at least 325ish degrees. I really do not know as I do know exactly what point weed becomes activated for this use.
Oops. My Bozo. There is a thread I missed on Green Dragon: with a link to a site dedicated to Green Dragon. (http://www.greendragon.lhosting.info/)

Some folks put the ground up herb on foil and place in a 325 degree oven. Frankly, I will pre-heat and maintain oven for 15 min or so, turn it off and then place the herbed foil in the oven.

Comments?

macbill,

Beezleb

Yea I said 325ish is because in many directions I see for activating in an oven is to put it at 325 degree. The video shows he just pulls one light/medium draw off of each wand and if that is truly effective than its not taking much to activate it.

Ive not done that, just used ABV which is already activated so I cannot comment from an experimented position on it with weed.

Beezleb,

VapoFish

OK, two questions.

1. What about the bud that comes out after you spank a PD or MZ? Is that "Green Dragon" ready?

2. I forgot what the second question was.

:D

VapoFish,
Top Bottom