Suggestion to FC

Troi

Hey VC Community/Board Owners/Moderator's

I would like to suggest that we create a new forum titled "How To -- Forum" which would have the following posting rules:

1. All post would be vaporizer Model specific, where posts can only be of guideline / technique content regarding the specific vaporizer titled in the post.
2. This rule would also reply to responses, meaning users can not just reply saying "cool post", or "great guide but how do you do x,y,z" those type of responses need to be placed into PM's.

This would be a really good reference section, that if members participated, would provide a good collection of vaporizing techniques and guides to help new users become better vaporists.

Troi,

Troi

Hey momofthegoons,

I updated my original post with content, initially accidentally hit the post button to early!!

Troi,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Troi! Welcome to FC.

We don't have PM's here. We do have the Ask FC section for those who can't find the answer to their questions elsewhere. I know some of the vape specific threads are long but quite a bit of technique is buried in each of those threads if you're looking for something in particular.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lo has a good point. Although we try to keep it vaporizer specific, there are times "conversations" get started. Just the nature of the beast. And I've found that if I take the time to read the thread in it's entirety, I find out, not only info about the vape or whatever I'm interested in, but lot's of other tidbits that I find very useful. And again, if you have a question you need answered right away, go to Ask FC and post. Someone is usually around to help out.

momofthegoons,

Troi

Just to clarify, I am in no search of Technique, I a moderately experienced vaporists myself, I own and use frequently, the volcano, SSV, MGLB, extreme-q, and hopefully the cloud. I know my post count is not high but I have just finished reading through almost all of the information on this website, and it has taken me a almost 5 months.

My suggestion is from a perspective of improving the knowledge base of FC for two reasons

1. It will help us grow, take new users who already purchased a product, and are seeking help for using it better. These users are common, and are quickly turned away from 150 page threads, and typically move on to another site before registering, and posting a question and waiting for an answer.

2. A succinct library of knowledge on vaporizers will only also improve the overall knowledge of the community which improves future threads elsewhere on the site.

Troi,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Sorry Troi, didn't mean to sound condescending. You have a good point. It might be difficult, however, to build a library on vaporizers since so much of our "knowledge" of them is based on personal opinion.

momofthegoons,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
OP, I too would like info be be easir to access and reference, and have suggested that a section be made in which volunteer/active FCers eliminate all off-topic and repeated comments for a thread of their choosing, leaving a cean, organized, and informative thread (as well as an original thread for those who are skeptical of the editing of 'big brother').

I am glad that you have decided to join and share you insight, infomation, ideas, and experiences. Welcome aboard! :)

Side note: I am not sure why you chose to make this thread in the General Vap Discussion area and not sent it directly to Vtac and the mods (if you are looking for insight and not just making a suggestion, it may have been better posted in the ask FC section).

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
We've gone down this road before as far as discussions about the idea. It has been a while, though, and things change. So it may be time to revisit this idea, as I'm sure some day it will be a good solution. Things we have done to address this concern:

1 -- a PD tips and tricks thread was started and, best as I can tell, posts in it have all but stopped. This may be good, given that a thread with all the tips doesn't need to be getting bigger. So either that thread is dead and did not work, or it worked perfectly...I can't say for sure which it is. Either way, have a look at it and see how it turned out:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=553

2 -- as mentioned above, the vaporpedia is designed for exactly this. The problem is that the format is a little different and it does not get as much traffic (I rarely visit it myself), but it would be a great solution if members used it as it was designed.

stickstones,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Perhaps it's a matter of promoting activity on the Vaporpedia in order to convince people into updating it. After all, a Wiki is meant to be as factual as possible but can't always be if only a few people are adding changes. With more activity, more discussions could lead to agreement on particular tips and tricks and lead to a very accurate Wiki on vaporizers. Over time, all of the information on these boards will work their way into the Wiki articles. Would be a pretty sweet resource.

The board, of course, is the medium of discussion to refining techniques and tricks. There's already a lot of the work done right now! It's just a matter of putting it all into the Wiki so it's easier to find.

mattybass,

Beezleb

stickstones said:
We've gone down this road before as far as discussions about the idea. It has been a while, though, and things change. So it may be time to revisit this idea, as I'm sure some day it will be a good solution. Things we have done to address this concern:

1 -- a PD tips and tricks thread was started and, best as I can tell, posts in it have all but stopped. This may be good, given that a thread with all the tips doesn't need to be getting bigger. So either that thread is dead and did not work, or it worked perfectly...I can't say for sure which it is. Either way, have a look at it and see how it turned out:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=553

2 -- as mentioned above, the vaporpedia is designed for exactly this. The problem is that the format is a little different and it does not get as much traffic (I rarely visit it myself), but it would be a great solution if members used it as it was designed.
If vaporpedia was updated/up to date with more vaporizers I would use it as a resource and put in sig and the like. Ive considered it before but I do not have the time to even try to organize all that info.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom