Struggling to give up combustion

rustypeb

Thanks for all your tips and surgestions it is greatly appreciated, sorry for not getting back sooner and will go through properly and write a proper reply when I get some time after work. But will say I have done about half the amount of shottys I normally do, and have found a new love for the eq haven't been able to get hits that big off it before just need to get a bit more organised and have it heated before I want to use it.
Thanks

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Hang in there, man. You'll figure it all it. It's good you're cutting down the amount of burning you're doing. :) Progress is good. It really was annoying having to turn on and wait for a vape....for me it was about getting a model I could safely leave on all day. Then it's vapor on demand.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
You found FC, so there are plenty of people who made the crossover who can help you through it.:rockon: Once you've reached vapor bliss a few times, you will wonder why people still combust. :tup:You might couch up some brown bits once your lungs start to repair themselves. Good luck!

StiltedLimboDancer

I can just speak based on my personal experiences. And please don't blame me for advising to continue to combust ;)

But get rid of the tobacco first. Just smoke pure weed. After quitting to smoke weed mixed with tobacco the heavy craving just disappears!

From there on (1-2 weeks) it will be just the effect of the herb you want. And then vaporizers start to shine :tup:

TboneToker

I'm having trouble switching over too..

it seems when I smoke I can feel the strain more. Like if I am smoking Blueberry (indica) then I can tell it's blueberry by the effects, and if I smoke Sour Diesel the same thing, but if I vape them, they seem to both give me the same effect?

Is this just because I haven't stopped combustion or is it placebo? sorry I couldn't really help

@CuckFumbustion Vapor Bliss?? I've been vaping since 2014, but I feel I still need to find the right vape for me. I recently ordered an Evo

EDDDIIITT

This all said, I do believe finding the right vaporizer for you IS VERY CRUCIAL to loving the experience, Log vapes are very popular around FC

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion Vapor Bliss?? I've been vaping since 2014, but I feel I still need to find the right vape for me. I recently ordered an Evo
Well as soon as you get your EVO you will probably know better than me.:D Also getting to know the potential power of the vapes that you do own helps.

Quitting or curbing tobacco and keeping your tobacco and herbs sessions separate. Another consideration is if you think you might be addicted to the ritual of smoking. I quit smoking long before vaping. Because I got tired of the ritual and breaking from what I was doing to purchase a pack from the store.

Consistent predictable results help too. Having a desktop and a few portables help one from being tethered to the desktop unit.

Last edited:

rustypeb

Thanks again every one for all your tips, support and ideas they are all greatly appreciated and it is helping me get the will power to stop combustion (hopefully) I still need to go through them all properly and reply. Tho today I have mainly been using the eq during the day when I need a quickish hit and now when on the sofa I have the air out for a longer session using both through water and loving the flavour on the air on green :) starting to get used to waiting for it to hit fully too and starting to go of the flavour of shottys.
I have been leaving the eq on all day so it is ready when I need it tho need to start getting up earlier I think so it has time to warm in the morning for my morning hits before work.
Thanks.

CuckFumbustion

it seems when I smoke I can feel the strain more. Like if I am smoking Blueberry (indica) then I can tell it's blueberry by the effects, and if I smoke Sour Diesel the same thing, but if I vape them, they seem to both give me the same effect?

Is this just because I haven't stopped combustion or is it placebo? sorry I couldn't really help
Try vaping at a lower temp? Like say 10c -20c lower than you are accustomed to. But well heated. If possible with the vape you are using. I have gotten different flavor profiles from trying this and that with the same materials for a month. 185 - 200c on my EQ seems to give off more the flavor more and less of the impact. Like different roast profiles of the same coffee bean. or something....

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have been leaving the eq on all day so it is ready when I need it tho need to start getting up earlier I think so it has time to warm in the morning for my morning hits before work.
Thanks.

Maybe once you quit combustion, you won't feel the need to do this anymore....

Or....just leave the eq on all night. It can do it with no issues...I left mine in for a week and it was fine.....

rustypeb

Maybe once you quit combustion, you won't feel the need to do this anymore....

Or....just leave the eq on all night. It can do it with no issues...I left mine in for a week and it was fine.....

I do hope so, I do want to eventually reduce the amount I use.
Ah thanks I wasn't sure whether it was safe to leave it on over night or not really.

I highly recommend the underdog with a nong stem. I milk my bubblers perfectly and with a little effort I can clear it all in a single hit.

Thanks will have to have a look at it.

VapeHeadz

That's ok, thanks am getting to the point now where I think I just have to force myself to do it and chuck all my combustion stuff away sure once I get over the first day or 2 it will get easier and I can enjoy a clean high and taste. Will see how it goes.

I used to be a major bong and backy head for like 20 years and I found it daunting to stop using weed that way as well but I knew I had to for my health.

You have touched on the way I eventually totally fucked combustion in your posts. At first when I was trying to stop combusting I was using an EQ and I still had my bong and backy in the house. Of course I kept going back to the bong hits with backy. Then I decided to buy a portable vape as well (I bought a solo) and when it arrived I would then give my bong away to a close friend who lives 20 minutes away and I would throw out everything else for combusting and tobacco, all lighters gone, all cigs gone, all cone pieces and stems gone etc etc..

So I had a portable and a desktop (solo and EQ) and I just bought weed only (like an oz) and I told myself every time I get any cravings I'll only use one of my vapes. So I kept doing that for days and then weeks and then it turned into years.

Now 3 or so years later I no longer think about bongs or tobacco at all. My weed consumption went down to only using once or twice in the arvo and evenings and I am generally much healthier and happier.

So I guess my tip for you would be to remove the bong and all the stuff that goes with it, give it away, stop buying cigs, stock up on some good herb and re-train your brain to only wont vapour.

If anyone offers me a joint or bong now I will not accept it. And of course I can't stand tobacco at all, even the smell of someone else smoking it makes me feel pretty yucky.

I hope you can totally fuck combustion, keep at it, it took me quite a few goes until I got it right and the part that made that happen was removing the bong and tobacco totally and only using the vapes.

EDIT - Sorry I should have read to the end of the thread before posting, it sounds like you are getting really close to stopping combustion, keep at it and good luck.

TboneToker

I used to be a major bong and backy head for like 20 years and I found it daunting to stop using weed that way as well but I knew I had to for my health.

You have touched on the way I eventually totally fucked combustion in your posts. At first when I was trying to stop combusting I was using an EQ and I still had my bong and backy in the house. Of course I kept going back to the bong hits with backy. Then I decided to buy a portable vape as well (I bought a solo) and when it arrived I would then give my bong away to a close friend who lives 20 minutes away and I would throw out everything else for combusting and tobacco, all lighters gone, all cigs gone, all cone pieces and stems gone etc etc..

So I had a portable and a desktop (solo and EQ) and I just bought weed only (like an oz) and I told myself every time I get any cravings I'll only use one of my vapes. So I kept doing that for days and then weeks and then it turned into years.

Now 3 or so years later I no longer think about bongs or tobacco at all. My weed consumption went down to only using once or twice in the arvo and evenings and I am generally much healthier and happier.

So I guess my tip for you would be to remove the bong and all the stuff that goes with it, give it away, stop buying cigs, stock up on some good herb and re-train your brain to only wont vapour.

If anyone offers me a joint or bong now I will not accept it. And of course I can't stand tobacco at all, even the smell of someone else smoking it makes me feel pretty yucky.

I hope you can totally fuck combustion, keep at it, it took me quite a few goes until I got it right and the part that made that happen was removing the bong and tobacco totally and only using the vapes.

EDIT - Sorry I should have read to the end of the thread before posting, it sounds like you are getting really close to stopping combustion, keep at it and good luck.

Thanks for the info and story :D :D :D
I just got an evo and it should arrive around the 28-30th so maybe I don't need to get rid of my lovely glass! it's kind of a ritual for me so that's part of the issue, but I think if I can get knockout hits from a glass piece, with vaping, I'll be happier than when I smoke it! though I imagine I may smoke once in a blue moon still :D

rustypeb

Thanks agin, the past few days have been quite hard if I am honest and my usage has almost dubbled hope that will drop soon.
One thing I have learnt so far is how important the type of bud is, I had some nice blue cheese which when vaped I just couldn't get any of the cheese flavour or much clouds but now have some power plant and some black stone that is tasting sort of the same depending on temp and a lot bigger clouds :)
Thanks again for all your tips can finally see this happing.

TboneToker

Thanks agin, the past few days have been quite hard if I am honest and my usage has almost dubbled hope that will drop soon.
One thing I have learnt so far is how important the type of bud is, I had some nice blue cheese which when vaped I just couldn't get any of the cheese flavour or much clouds but now have some power plant and some black stone that is tasting sort of the same depending on temp and a lot bigger clouds :)
Thanks again for all your tips can finally see this happing.

Yes it's a side effect, you want to smoke, so you vape, and then you vape more. You'll get really high some of the times, and eventually you'll start to realize that you're getting really well medicated off of less, that does take a while so don't worry your usage will drop, perhaps more than you expect.

btw, nice use of Learnt, it's quite a rare word, 500:1 ratio for learned vs learnt people tend to use learned but both are acceptable

TboneToker,
Reactions: rustypeb

stinkytofus

Hi all, hope this is the right place to post.
A bit of history I gave up cigs almost 3 years ago with ecigs and have been wanting to quit smoking bud too (I mainly use a shotty, a Bong with down stem you plug with backy then put your bud on top. Horrible I know but can't stop it) I have currently got a eq with ddave mods and a arizer air I love using both but can't get hits anything like the shotty or it takes too long. Also to add I am a fairly heavy smoker I think and smoke about a oz a month. Would love to switch to just vaping but struggling to give up combustion any tips would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks
Rusty
Seems like u r on and off

Why not commit to ecigs and a desktop vaporizer, if u care about ur health i would switch or do none altogether

stinkytofus,

rustypeb

Sorry for lack of replay again have been reading through the threads for my devices.

Seems like u r on and off

Why not commit to ecigs and a desktop vaporizer, if u care about ur health i would switch or do none altogether

Yeah I was for a while really I did commit to ecigs and haven't had a cigarette for 3 years now tho was mixing weed still, tho have now not combusted at all since I throw away my shotty, backy and lighter on the 18th.
Am feeling better for it I think but am also going through the process of getting clean off harder drugs too and going throw mental issues so not really sure.
On other news my usage has dropped over the past couple of days tho struggling to get the help sleep I used to get combusting, hoping this is just getting used to the cleaner high?

rustypeb,

Concupiscient

Keep talking your way thru it, friend ... It's good to see how I either change or convince self I've
changed rereading stuff over time ...

Concupiscient,
Reactions: rustypeb
Top Bottom