Strain Casey Jones - how's it compare to top shelf?

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
How does Casey Jones compare to some really good top shelf?

Be nice to know in terms of how much is needed compared to top shelf...
like five pulls, for every 2 of top shelf, something like that

Also Bubba (straight up bubba)

Thanks,

ps:
background: grower sells 2 eighths for $65, only two strains.

Some dispensaries have BOGO buys, but the potency is low enough that 2 for $45 isn't as good as one of Nuggetry for $55, or that's been my experience.

VWFringe,

scottio19

scotty
I've had street Casey Jones that put the Casey Jones from my friend's local dispensary to shame!

I don't even understand why dispensaries sell low quality bud as well... maybe so they can keep the top shelf at high prices?

scottio19,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I don't even understand why dispensaries sell low quality bud as well... maybe so they can keep the top shelf at high prices?

Its the same reason we have 'ugly people' in this world.

Cause if we didnt have ugly people, the people that we find so hawt wouldnt be as... ;)

AGBeer,

weedemon

enthusiast
it is both genetics and the growers ability. that makes good bud.

if you have crap genes then even the best grower will not be able to make it "as good" as the best bud you can find.

and it also works the other way too! you can have fantastic genetics in your seeds, but if the grower doesn't know what they are doing then it wont matter! poor bud will be the result.

the way I like to think of it is an old school wooden slat barrel. now imagine the boards that make up the barrel are all different lengths (the level of control in each aspect). each board can represent a different aspect of growing: light, co2 levels, pH, pest control, temperature, humidity, airflow, nutrients, water, genetics, ability of the grower etc... now if you are gonna try to fill this barrel up, it's only gonna fill as high as the lowest plank. see what im saying? the weakest link is gonna be what holds the bud back from being any more awesome than it could be.

also isn't casey jones the hockey mask guy from ninja turtles? how do i remember this? haha

weedemon,
Reactions: SF Giant

Peloton

Vapes Hard
What an awesome analogy, weedemon. I like it.

I have no idea if this grower's Casey Jones is good or bunk, but I have very fond memories of hanging with CJ. 65 an 8th is a little steep, even for around here, but just go with your instincts.

Peloton,

lwien

Yup. Same strain from two different growers, can in fact, seem like two different strains in regards to potency.

lwien,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Grown Properly, CJ is top shelf. As others have said, the grower's ability makes much more difference than strain

SF Giant,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
thanks, about to try it

the bubba kush was good good good, but only 2/3 the vapor per load

still getting to know the Casey, but seems to provide more vapor per load than the bubba, and is strong

$65 for two eighths, sorry that wasn't clear,

he gave me two capsules made from his bubba and coconut oil - I tried one and it lasted from 8-1pm, and even tho I thought it would be okay to vape at that point, I prolly should've waited another couple of hours, as I ended up just slightly over-medicated. it was damn strong, I don't know about too strong, but at $5 each I'd end up spending too much as I'd still vape in the evening, but for once in a while definitely.

VWFringe,

19millionac

i've done a run of casey jones before. the genetics are good, it's an oaksterdam strain (or at least that's who i got it through). it honestly didn't impress me, but i'm an og guy.

19millionac,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I've switched from dispensaries to this local grower who only does casey and bubba. I'm not a fan of either strain but he grows them well, so it's like getting mids grown to top-shelf and the bottom line is I use the same amount but get a lot more. I'm stuck with a strain I'd never buy, but happy with the effects and quantity.

- and his capsules work really well, but that would increase my daily cost from $3 to $6 ($4/cap) since i'd still vape at the end of the day.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom