Still confused, MFLB + SSV or MFLB + PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxmxgxd

Im still new to vaping, been searching for awhile, at the moment i have a Top Vapor (chinese box whip style), I don't mind it but some of you say the chinese vapes are not as good as others, my dislikes about it - it's chinese, it's whip is big(i cant compare though), the angle of the heat element is too steep and my wife doesn't like it :(
Which leads me to my post, cause im a heavy smoker for 22 years, i want one for the home(regular use) and 1 for when out and about(still regular use). My research here has led me to the MFLB as it seems like 99.9% of people here love it.
But what about SSv or PD? Which one do i get, im tending towards the PD as i like the size of the bowl and it can be left on for instant hits, but will it satisfy me like the SSV will?

Am about to order the MFLB (cant wait), but can someone try to enlighten me on which other one to get??

I cant wait to totally give up combusting:)

dxmxgxd,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have both of these vapes, and they are perfect compliments. It's hard to compare the two. I use the PD every day and it gets me whacked with great efficiency. The SSV hits harder than anything I have and, therefore, goes through my weed quicker. If availability and price are not factors here, then the only thing to consider is whether you have a weed supply that is plentiful (get SSV) or limited (get PD).

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
will it satisfy me like the SSV will?
Hard to say what will satisfy someone else. It will get you the same effect, but it'll take longer. The SSV can deliver big hits. Your Top Vapor should give you a good idea in that area, since their basic design is pretty much the same. A tiny bowl like the PD has will give surprisingly good hits, but it'll take some refilling since a standard size whip can hold so much more herb. I think you'll find that a lot of the time you'll just stop refilling the PD bowl because you won't feel the need.

Like stickstones says, a PD type and SSV type complement each other well. Chose the big bowl vape when you want to get wasted in a hurry. A PD/MZ type is better for measured dosing. Most people find they use less with this type. If I were you I'd get one that uses the tiny bowl, and see how often you're tempted to use your Top Vapor. If it's often enough, you may decide to get an SSV to replace the clone vape. You should also consider the DBV if you like the idea of hands free. Same SSV quality.

max,

aero18

vaporist
I got my Da Buddha first. I then got a LB, followed by my MyrtleZap. I think this was a great order as the Da Buddha (or SSV) is very versatile and great for groups of people. You can easily attach it to water pipes, such as bubblers and bongs, because of its silicone tube.

The MyrtleZap (or PD) is great for one to two people (preferably one).

aero18,

steiner666

Serial vapist
IMO, definitely the LB and SSV, and not because im some SSV fanboy or anything. The LB, while nice and stealthy, doesnt vape herb very thoroughly, and you can revape abv from it in a vape like the SSV with a variable temp control and get plenty of hits out of it. Since the PD is also a set-temp vape, i dont know that it would be able to extract as much. In fact, I think i've heard ppl say they're able to take abv from PD and/or other log vapes and vape more out of them in a variable temp vape. I dont own a PD so i can't really say for sure.

basically, i'd recommend the SSV because it has a higher temp range. I think everyone needs a vape thats able to achieve combustion in order to be sure that they can cover the full range. If you plan on cooking with the ABV and stuff (doesnt really do it for me, id rather get as much vapor as possible and pitch it) then i guess it wouldnt be such a big deal to have a decent amount of leftovers in it still. SSV also would be better for vaping in groups and for delivering heavier hits. Or, if you're looking for more efficient/solo vaping, grab the SSV and a vapor bros mini whip (as long as you get standard SSV heatercover) :2c:

steiner666,

caseball2051

In line with Steiners logic, it depends on your situation and what you want. While his logic makes perfect sense, it might be easier to use it in the opposite way.

I use my ABV from my MZ in my LB and it works well.

The MZ/PD + LB combo is cheaper as well, allowing more to be spent on herb, glass stems.

Depends on you preferences really. Either option seems like it would provide excellent results. It all depends how you wanna go about it.

caseball2051,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Currently I have a DBV and MFLB and have now ordered a MyrtleZap which should come next week.

So maybe the answer is all three :D

As others have said, the SSV gets the most points for big hitting versus the Log style vapes for efficiency.

Looking for more efficiency is a big driver in me ordering the MZ. Not that the Buddha is that inefficient, just hoping I can do a little better with the MZ.

rabblerouser,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom