STICKY OR LOTUS

coolbreeze

Looks like it should be much easier to use. I'd suggest working with the j-hook for a little while until you feel more sure-footed and that should make going through water much easier, you'll have a healthy frame of reference, even though it will still be a little different.

Edit:
Here's one tip that may help, I use it with all my bricks: if you are having trouble finding/keeping the sweet spot, aim your flame downward and at an angle just inside the bell of the intake at about the 4-5 o'clock position. For whatever reason that's the magic spot and if you aim there, keeping the flame mostly out of the intake, you should be able to build up heat slowly for takeoff and also blast away safely for interstellar flight.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I had zero learning curve with all the butane vapes - FLAM, VG, Lotus, SBL, Piro, etc'.
Because I always had in my mind - a lot of heat(big flame, closer to the intake) , requires fast draw. not too much heat - slower draw is possible. stop the draw after 10-15 seconds, sometimes more sometimes less, until you find your 100% sweet spot. more or less.

Using J-hook is the best method to practice, as been said. great tip. bubbler without water is fine, bubbler with water is the hardest method to practice.

coolbreeze

After one night with a j-hook and all i can say is WOW such control I was able to take it from 1/4 bowl slow heat low temp sipper to 1/2 bowl RTL brick to the face, done in two. i even twaxed a couple of bowls and that works amazingly well.
Awesome, glad you're enjoying it!

coolbreeze,

JettyRatt

just going to revisit this thread and throw this bit out there a triple flame torch is THE WAY so much more control than a single flame since getting a triple I have not combusted and am able to fully extract in 3 or 4 good hits with the j-hook

GoldenBud

just going to revisit this thread and throw this bit out there a triple flame torch is THE WAY so much more control than a single flame since getting a triple I have not combusted and am able to fully extract in 3 or 4 good hits with the j-hook
Hop Hop
with a restrictor, right?

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom