STICKY OR LOTUS

JettyRatt

I am wanting a new vape. Help[ me decide. i still combust some (only on weekends) I have been trying to completely stop that. i have a 2021M and really enjoy it but looking for something MORE Looking at the Lotus, and the sticky brick flip or twist. all can be used on j-hook or water piece, so which hits harder and is the better to RTL with. trying to keep it around $100 so i will have budget left for new glass.

GoldenBud

both will do the job, the Lotus is more healthy to your body/lungs afaik,afait
the Lotus requires few more seconds for a real RTL (for Preheat) @JettyRatt

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I love both. The lotus sees a lot more use than my SB twist, but that's most just because of my own setup and other vapes. I like my other sticky bricks more than my twist, but the twist is fun too.

As far as which "hits harder". I'd have to say the twist. All of my sticky bricks, with the proper technique can be heavy hitters. I suspect someone could make the lotus perform the same, but I find it easier to work the SB at the more powerful end. I think the bowl is bigger as well.

Love my lotus and I would probably recommend it more than the twist in general. However for your use case, I would say the SB.

GoldenBud

@JettyRatt if you use SB without a restrictor, you will probably need to use fast draw. for RTL. Without preheat
if you use Lotus with 7-8 seconds pre-heat, in the middle of the plate, you will also need a fast draw for RTL.
both works very well.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

coolbreeze

so which hits harder and is the better to RTL with
Brick for sure. I'd suggest the Flip. For me the Twist is big and wide open and requires big glass to work well and it's challenging to scale down; otoh, it's also a fantastic injector bowl. The Flip is more restricted but seems to work easier anywhere.

I also use the Lotus more than either of those, but not as much as some other brick-style bong vapes. I feel it would be more challenging and more harmful to the cap to try to go as big with it as you can with the Twist, but it is plenty powerful. In use you can get great results from any of these, but the Lotus takes butane fumes out of the equation, if that's a concern.

There are a ton of brick-style bong vapes out there that are arguably better performers than the bong topper SBLs: Kalu infinity, Couch Log Steamwhistle, Dreamwood Switch (and any of the DLXs), and the Retrosteam Diamond is easy to use and hard-hitting. Some are very open and some are more restricted. Then there's also the Lamart Piro, which is among the easiest, most controllable manual vapes and also hits hard. With the bricks, they pretty much all hit hard, so other factors may shape your choice.

Of your choices, the Twist is probably the one most capable of really going big, but others will cover the use-spectrum more completely.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

JettyRatt

Thanks for the replies i have looked at all mentioned and in reality the SB and Lotus is just easier to get. i was leaning to the SB flip myself but the Lotus is such a classic. The SB would probably be the best for me function wise I think i would be very hard on the heat plate with the Lotus.

coolbreeze

Thanks for the replies i have looked at all mentioned and in reality the SB and Lotus is just easier to get. i was leaning to the SB flip myself but the Lotus is such a classic. The SB would probably be the best for me function wise I think i would be very hard on the heat plate with the Lotus.
Either's a great choice. You can coax quite a lot out of the Lotus, but the brick's an MFer. Here's a heady glass brick-style vape, US-made, out of stock but I'm sure he'd make you one.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I absolutely love my butane bricks and my lotus but I think you’d be happier with the twist or the flip …and don’t forget Doug’s Woodery

Texus

Similar take as everyone else here. If heavy hitter is an important criteria then butane vapes like Bricks are gonna be the way to go. They have a bit more of a learning curve to avoid combustion but it isn't too bad.

Lotus I use more, but it doesnt smack as hard.

Texus

Get the Lotus and the DD Cap from @RogueGuy and you can run both styles of vape on the same glass!
Yeah those Rogue products have great price points. But you lose the insulation that wood provides on other designs for easier handling and lifting from the joint to clear the chamber if using it that way. Food for thought.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Glass itself isn't a great conductor, those handles should make the rogue options easily manipulated, but I agree you'd have to be a little more mindful.

Texus

Glass itself isn't a great conductor, those handles should make the rogue options easily manipulated, but I agree you'd have to be a little more mindful.
Well put. And some folks love an all glass pathway. Wood does impart a bit of its own flavor, especially early on, in those types of butane vapes. For better or worse. Some quite like it, others want pure terpenes.

JettyRatt

wow i had not seen the DD cap but in real life i am somewhat bad with glass my Elev8r did not last a week LOL

JettyRatt,

Greenleaf88

I sat lotus cuz u wanna use it in water but if you wanted dry hits a runt is nice but u can’t go wrong with the lotus it does both perfectly.

JettyRatt

My Flip arrived and it has been a learning curve. the first few days i combusted every few bowls (not to a cherry but close), now it has been two days since a overheat. I think an issue i am having is that my only water pipe is a ceramic vase style so i cannot see the vapor production. I have ordered an inverted shower-head from DH. I think it I will get better technique with a clear water-piece. I get a consistent hot spot in the back of the bowl I have tried the restrictor pointed up and down up is better but still get a hot spot. I am going to drill the threads out of one of the restictors and see if that evens out the flow any also going to order some of the domed SS drilled screens and try that as a restictor. I am liking the Flip but i will need different glass in order to get the best technique. if I could change something on the flip it would be where the 14 or 18 adapter goes it is kind of wonky. the 14 adapter fits in so deep that the outside o-ring sits at a point on the adapter where the OD is smaller and is not the tight fit it needs to be in order to fix this the adapter needs to be al least an 1/8 of an inch longer on the end that goes in the block so that the glass adapter seats securely against the bottom of the hole and the o-ring step needs to be deep enough to fit 3 o-rings not two and that would make for a less wonky feel when it is on a rig. When the stars align this thing will melt your face. I also have a j-hook coming that should be fun.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

It's probably your waterpiece. A rig-style glass pipe will make it easier, and the j-hook easier still. To be honest I don't think I've ever overheated my Flip so I bet that when you have a more suitable glass piece you will find it much easier and more reliable to use. A tube would be difficult to run a manual vape on, and an opaque one even more challenging.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Texus

My Flip arrived and it has been a learning curve. the first few days i combusted every few bowls (not to a cherry but close), now it has been two days since a overheat. I think an issue i am having is that my only water pipe is a ceramic vase style so i cannot see the vapor production. I have ordered an inverted shower-head from DH. I think it I will get better technique with a clear water-piece. I get a consistent hot spot in the back of the bowl I have tried the restrictor pointed up and down up is better but still get a hot spot. I am going to drill the threads out of one of the restictors and see if that evens out the flow any also going to order some of the domed SS drilled screens and try that as a restictor. I am liking the Flip but i will need different glass in order to get the best technique. if I could change something on the flip it would be where the 14 or 18 adapter goes it is kind of wonky. the 14 adapter fits in so deep that the outside o-ring sits at a point on the adapter where the OD is smaller and is not the tight fit it needs to be in order to fix this the adapter needs to be al least an 1/8 of an inch longer on the end that goes in the block so that the glass adapter seats securely against the bottom of the hole and the o-ring step needs to be deep enough to fit 3 o-rings not two and that would make for a less wonky feel when it is on a rig. When the stars align this thing will melt your face. I also have a j-hook coming that should be fun.
IME this style of vaoe certainly has a learning curve. And watching vids of how vapers hit this sort of design (doesn't necessarily have to be a Flip or even Sticky Brick) I found to be the biggest help. Will give you good ideas of angles of lighter, distance from airport, flame length that might be worth trying.

JettyRatt

IME this style of vaoe certainly has a learning curve. And watching vids of how vapers hit this sort of design (doesn't necessarily have to be a Flip or even Sticky Brick) I found to be the biggest help. Will give you good ideas of angles of lighter, distance from airport, flame length that might be worth trying.
Yes i have found the vids very helpful and would totally recommend watching all you can before making an order

Top Bottom