Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Here is a little shot of the bunch: Fractal Walnut OG, Padauk junior and Black Limba Flip 19.
Hope the picture is showing?

Your image is probably not showing for most people, so I'm reposting it here:

20200220-131341.jpg

david8613

Nice pics guys I really enjoy them. My runt will be here tomorrow cant wait to try it out. I would like to ask some of you what device did you use before you started using a sticky brick? Anything you miss from your last vape? I watched the 420vapezone episode with the owner of sticky bricks really cool guy! Fun episode too!

Ramahs

Nice pics guys I really enjoy them. My runt will be here tomorrow cant wait to try it out. I would like to ask some of you what device did you use before you started using a sticky brick? Anything you miss from your last vape? I watched the 420vapezone episode with the owner of sticky bricks really cool guy! Fun episode too!

I don't have to miss anything from my last vapes, because I still have and use them all!

nonamekevin

I went from a dynavap to my Runt. Got tired of loading 3-4 vapcaps to get where I wanted to be, and the runt hasn't disappointed me. I don't miss anything about using the dynavap except it fits in my pocket better. :rockon:

david8613

My cherry sticky brick runt arrived today! Just holding her in hand I can tell this is gonna be a fun device! So nice, fits perfectly in hand! Wood is so pretty. Gonna try it out tonight, wish me luck! :tup:

Well I tried it out sort of... I didn't have any butane to fill the included torch. I had another torch lighter that I kept as back up for my induction heater that I use with my dynavap. I loaded my runt up with some cascadia bloom cbd. Since its my first time with the runt I didnt want to scorch or waste product until I learn how to use it. My first draw was light almost no vapor, but I could feel the hit and the flavor was very nice and smooth. Second draw I could see the vapor in the mouth piece which i thought was very cool. Wow So smooth, creamy lots of flavor, definitely more vapor this time, being second draw I'm impressed! So now I'm thinking in my mind this it! The 3rd draw its gonna be the killer hit, I get ready, I exhale my breath, turn on the torch, start my slow draw and guess what happens? Stupid lighter started sputtering and ran out of butane!!! :bang::bang::bang:I cant believe it!!! Lol so I checked the chamber still very green. I just threw it in my ti hopper and finished it off. The runt vapor is way cooler, smoother than my ti grass hopper that's for sure. I had to share this story I thought it was pretty funny.

A quick tip. you guys probably already do this. I was having trouble putting in the screen. I was using the metal tool but it kept going sideways on me. I used the wooden end of a storz and bicklel cleaning brush and it went in perfect. I also see that the storz and bickle dosing caps fit in the chamber, I like that alot, love dosing capsules so convenient.

Last edited:

Ramahs

My cherry sticky brick runt arrived today! Just holding her in hand I can tell this is gonna be a fun device! So nice, fits perfectly in hand! Wood is so pretty. Gonna try it out tonight, wish me luck! :tup:

Well I tried it out sort of... I didn't have any butane to fill the included torch. I had another torch lighter that I kept as back up for my induction heater that I use with my dynavap. I loaded my runt up with some cascadia bloom cbd. Since its my first time with the runt I didnt want to scorch or waste product until I learn how to use it. My first draw was light almost no vapor, but I could feel the hit and the flavor was very nice and smooth. Second draw I could see the vapor in the mouth piece which i thought was very cool. Wow So smooth, creamy lots of flavor, definitely more vapor this time, being second draw I'm impressed! So now I'm thinking in my mind this it! The 3rd draw its gonna be the killer hit, I get ready, I exhale my breath, turn on the torch, start my slow draw and guess what happens? Stupid lighter started sputtering and ran out of butane!!! :bang::bang::bang:I cant believe it!!! Lol so I checked the chamber still very green. I just threw it in my ti hopper and finished it off. The runt vapor is way cooler, smoother than my ti grass hopper that's for sure. I had to share this story I thought it was pretty funny.

A quick tip. you guys probably already do this. I was having trouble putting in the screen. I was using the metal tool but it kept going sideways on me. I used the wooden end of a storz and bicklel cleaning brush and it went in perfect. I also see that the storz and bickle dosing caps fit in the chamber, I like that alot, love dosing capsules so convenient.

You may want to try using it without that pesky cork in the carb hole. When using it dry, I find that I get much better control when I can work the carb. I only use the cork when I'm using my brick with water.

I know that everyone's experience is different, so maybe you would dissagree with me...but it's worth a shot just in case.

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

The Arizer EQ basket screens also fit in the Sticky Brick chamber, don´t know about the Runt but it fits in the OG.

i have the OG in use since end of december and i am still enjoying it immensely, it is my daily driver. Sticky Bricks are great vaporizers for people who like it "analog" and oldschool.

Between my Nonavong XLS Dynavap and the OG Sticky Brick i just love the butane vaping style. it fits me alot better than electric vaping.

nonamekevin

Just admiring the grain on my cherry OG. Absolute beast of a vape!

@nonamekevin any new thoughts on your OG? Curious to hear how it compares to your Runt.

7-D5-E2-B30-9993-4810-AE4-B-00-A94-D94-E99-B.jpg
Hey friend!

Still haven't put too many miles on it. To be honest, after I took a 3 week break from cannabis, I came back as if I didn't take a break at all, and consumed too much, too quickly. I had a bad experience, and I'm still dealing with some residual anxiety from it. Unfortunately, that means I've been leaving the OG alone for a while. :(

Once I'm feeling mentally well again, the OG is the first one out of the collection I'm going to reach for. Its still not fair for me to compare it to the runt, but one thing I can say about the OG, is it is a CHUGGER! It seems like no matter how aggressive I got with it, it always had more to give. Surprisingly, I didn't miss the water I was using with the runt, it's just that smooth!

I miss using my bricks. :cry: hope everyone has been enjoying their bricks, and I'm still around here to spread the love or help others enjoy the brick lineup like I do. Cheers friend.:leaf::rockon:

nonamekevin

@nonamekevin Dude i hope you will get better soon!
Life throws rocks and sticks you know, but it will get better with anxiety with time.
But wanted to congratulate you on winning that beautiful piece from the Modern Cannabists Stream!
Way to go man, consider it as Karma :)
Thanks to you I have an Elev8r on the way... doh...
Hello friend! Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot! And I was shocked when I got the message about the modern cannabists brick!! Beyond grateful, I don't have words to describe how fortunate I feel!

You gotta keep me posted on your elev8r experience! I prefer the torch for speed (which is why I can't leave the bricks), but the elev8r shines with an enail. :rockon:

nonamekevin

Hey friends, hope everyone is doing alright and staying safe.

Slowly getting back to the OG, and man it's a fun experience! Haven't come close to mastering it, but lately, it's become almost a session style vape. I'm getting 6 okay hits, or so. With more practice, Id like to get a bowl cleared in 3 with no char. The runt I consistently clear a bowl in 2-3 hits, so the goal is the same for the OG.

One of the plus sides of taking several small hits, it makes the feeling of the OG more like a connoisseur peice, if that makes sense. Like I can really enjoy the flower, and not rush it.

Ill keep reporting back, but I'm enjoying the OG. :rockon:

In Sticky Pad news, I fucking love this thing! I've let a buddy use my flip for awhile, but when I get that back, I think that would be the perfect brick to throw the sticky pad in! It's already super snappy and quick with herb, so for concentrate I think it's gonna be a good match! :cool::leaf:

I just got a Padauk Runt. It's gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time early on. It seems WAY different than my OG.

First, I'm struggling with the bent intake. I switched to the straight one for now because I wasn't getting enough heat with the bent intake, even with a big flame. Is there a special technique required here?

Second, I grabbed a WPA so I could use it with my bubbler. I accidentally combusted with the straight intake through water. I have the restrictor disc in. I've NEVER combusted in my OG. I didn't realize it was that easy to combust in the Runt, even with the disc.

Not sure how much I like the ergonomics of the WPA. I have to keep it close to the piece to prevent tipping, but it's impossible to work the torch at that angle. So, I have to hold the bubbler and swing the unit out so I have more room, if that makes sense.

Also, the OG is WAY cooler dry. I was surprised at how much more heat I'm feeling with the Runt. Even the tip of the mouthpiece starts to feel hot while I'm hitting it.

@nonamekevin any tips for someone coming from the OG to the Runt?

nonamekevin

I just got a Padauk Runt. It's gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time early on. It seems WAY different than my OG.

First, I'm struggling with the bent intake. I switched to the straight one for now because I wasn't getting enough heat with the bent intake, even with a big flame. Is there a special technique required here?

Second, I grabbed a WPA so I could use it with my bubbler. I accidentally combusted with the straight intake through water. I have the restrictor disc in. I've NEVER combusted in my OG. I didn't realize it was that easy to combust in the Runt, even with the disc.

Not sure how much I like the ergonomics of the WPA. I have to keep it close to the piece to prevent tipping, but it's impossible to work the torch at that angle. So, I have to hold the bubbler and swing the unit out so I have more room, if that makes sense.

Also, the OG is WAY cooler dry. I was surprised at how much more heat I'm feeling with the Runt. Even the tip of the mouthpiece starts to feel hot while I'm hitting it.

@nonamekevin any tips for someone coming from the OG to the Runt?
Hello friend!

My mistake early on with the runt was not learning it dry first. I jumped straight to a wpa, and struggled. After making some changes to my technique with the dry mouthpiece, I went back to the wpa.

This video I shot 7 months ago is still the technique and setup I use with the runt. The setup highlights:
- carb plugged
- disk in
- triple flame torch
- tamp down the bowl

Once I find the "sweet spot" of the intake, and I can hear the rush of hot air, I keep the flame there and adjust my draw accordingly to how dense the vapor looks. If it looks too thick, I'll either inhale much faster, or I'll back the flame out. If the vapor isn't as dense as I'd like, I keep the flame where it is and inhale slower to build up heat. With my setup, I try and eliminate as many variables as possible, so my focus is on flame placement and breath control.

I'm still in the learning phase with my OG, and kind of agree with you that, the runt and OG are very different. Im trying to commit to keeping the disk out of the OG, but may end up going that route. The flip I felt was a snappier version of the runt, if that makes sense. Real, real fucking fast compared to the runt.

Really hope that some of what I said helps homie. The runt is by far my favorite vape, and I hope everyone who uses it sees how fantastic it can be with some experience. :rockon:

@nonamekevin thanks for that explanation! I went back to stock (dry w/ bent intake) and now I'm getting better results. Still gonna take a bit to get dialed in.

I was surprised at how low the intake was when pushed all the way in, so I adjusted it a bit to look more like yours. Is that normal or did I get a "short" intake?

So far, I really like the form factor and interface of the Runt. It feels awesome in hand and the magnets are very smooth and gentle compared to the OG. I love being able to pull the bowl piece off quickly and easily.

I do miss the big mouthpiece and smooth hits with the OG. The Runt is noticeably harsher. I also feel like the OG is easier to use, but maybe I'm just used to the straight intake. I definitely appreciate the better clearance with the OG - it's easier to focus on flame placement and monitor the vapor production in the mouthpiece IMO.

These are just my initial impressions. I'm excited to put it through its paces.

I think my favorite thing about my Runt is the wood itself. It's stunning.

2-F5-D78-D1-69-E7-4212-8-BD3-834-C690-A30-D6.jpg

Last edited:

nonamekevin

@nonamekevin thanks for that explanation! I went back to stock (dry w/ bent intake) and now I'm getting better results. Still gonna take a bit to get dialed in.

I was surprised at how low the intake was when pushed all the way in, so I adjusted it a bit to look more like yours. Is that normal or did I get a "short" intake?

So far, I really like the form factor and interface of the Runt. It feels awesome in hand and the magnets are very smooth and gentle compared to the OG. I love being able to pull the bowl piece off quickly and easily.

I do miss the big mouthpiece and smooth hits with the OG. The Runt is noticeably harsher. I also feel like the OG is easier to use, but maybe I'm just used to the straight intake. I definitely appreciate the better clearance with the OG - it's easier to focus on flame placement and monitor the vapor production in the mouthpiece IMO.

These are just my initial impressions. I'm excited to put it through its paces.

I think my favorite thing about my Runt is the wood itself. It's stunning.

2-F5-D78-D1-69-E7-4212-8-BD3-834-C690-A30-D6.jpg
That padauk runt is so dope looking! Its way brighter than I thought. Great choice!

My Runt flame intake is the original one that came with it, and I always push it in as far as it will go so it sits on the disk.

I took some pics of the runt with and without the disk in, but my host site is fucking up. You can see for yourself though! In the video, I have the disk in, and the intake is as far down as it will go.

:rockon:

@nonamekevin thanks. My intake is definitely shorter than yours but I hit up SBL and they said it’s still in a normal range. I guess there’s some variation there. Don’t think it matters either way.

Testing will continue tonight. I have a feeling the Runt will be seeing most of the action this weekend!

For anyone who has been interested in trying out a brick, puffitup is offering an early 420 sale on bricks!

20% off all sticky bricks with code SBL420!

Part of the email from puffitup, and I'm still waiting for someone to change my mind. :rockon:

Screenshot-20200320-093823-Gmail.jpg
You won't hear it from me. Got my runt yesterday and its replaced my mighty as my daily driver. Mighty is ONLY to take out of the house now. I can believe I'm extracting whole bowls in 1-2 rips and they are BOTH terped filled if you stir between. #KennyFromSBL #President2020 lol

Top Bottom