Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
From a wood workers perspective, it really depends on your location also. Some wood on the west coast is just too expensive for us east coasters and vice versa. Also @nonamekevin is right about the importance of tree diameter. Wood that is not quarter sawn (or capable of being quartered) is more for framing and general carpentry. If you try to do fine work with half round there will be cupping, shrinkage, and splitting. I’m not saying this is the case for briar, more of just a general statement.

We are fortunate to have the space to have a kiln, and the patience to let wood sit for long periods of time, but most smaller shops can’t take up the space or have the money tied up for long dry times. For us it was an extension of what we did before we started SBL, so we continue to use the kiln, but quantity is down by probably 50%. As demand has increased it’s simply more practical to buy pre-dried wood then do everything ourselves.

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I was a cabinet and furniture maker, but was also trying to break into the art world doing segmented bowls. My entire family (my dad, his dad, my uncles) were all builders and I started working on jobsites around age 11. I didn’t get serious with cabinets and moldings until I was about 27, but I have been a woodworker pretty much my whole life. Cabinets paid the bills, but the custom moldings and furniture was a passion that led to the more artsy bowls, platters, pens, and eventually stands for vaporizers...then SBL. I haven’t built a cabinet in four years and I am incredibly thankful to have left that behind and found something that I feel so inspired by almost every day. Which is a long winded way to say thank you. Whether you all know it or not, you people have changed my life.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@StickyBricks it is so inspiring watching you following your dreams and finding success. You are very kind and generous and it has been apparent since day one with your interactions on this forum that you are a real class act. I’m still using my OG as a daily driver, it’s hard to believe it’s almost three and a half years old! Stay Sticky everyone! :peace:

nonamekevin

@StickyBricks it is so inspiring watching you following your dreams and finding success. You are very kind and generous and it has been apparent since day one with your interactions on this forum that you are a real class act. I’m still using my OG as a daily driver, it’s hard to believe it’s almost three and a half years old! Stay Sticky everyone! :peace:
Hell yea, that's what's up @Vapor_Eyes!:rockon:

I'm coming up on almost a year of daily with my Runt, and while I use other vapes here and there, they are always compared to the runt, and always fall short. It's because the runt just checks so many boxes! :leaf::peace:

ArkansasJack

Briar is for sure coveted amongst the tobacco pipe makers, so it's interesting that it hasn't transitioned over to the vape makers yet. I'm not a wood worker, and know nothing about briarwood, but I think it's generally a smaller diameter tree, which might be why we haven't seen vaporizer manufacturers use it before; just not viable from a lumber standpoint. I don't know though. :huh:

yep - I think size would be the biggest hurdle. I'm a tobacco pipe smoker as well. Vermont Freehand company is a main supplier for pipe makers. Looks like it would take 4 "blocks" of briar for something like the OG. Cost would probably be prohibitive, but would make for some very special SB's.

Thinking about tobacco pipes, Morta is another interesting wood that would make a very cool SB. I've seen Olivewood pipes, they're awesome also.

Last edited by a moderator:

nonamekevin

yep - I think size would be the biggest hurdle. I'm a tobacco pipe smoker as well. Vermont Freehand company is a main supplier for pipe makers. Looks like it would take 4 "blocks" of briar for something like the OG. Cost would probably be prohibitive, but would make for some very special SB's.

Thinking about tobacco pipes, Morta is another interesting wood that would make a very cool SB. I've seen Olivewood pipes, they're awesome also.
Hello friend! You mentioned that you're a tobacco pipe smoker as well? Have you dabbled in making your own? I was curious about widdling and wood carving as a hobby and thought about making a pipe. Decided against it because I don't think I would use it more than the first use, you know, just to see how it would smoke. :spliff:

Hope everyone is enjoying their bricks this Friday! Who in here has used the new sticky pads for concentrates in their brick? Just got one, but no concentrates in the cupboard lately. :( One of my absolute favorite things in vaping is to do a combo bowl out of the runt. It's almost like a sundae with a cherry on top!

Now I'm craving some ice cream!:cool:

DonMarteng

@nonamekevin Hey dude!
I just got myself the Mini Bubbler instead of the wpa or flip since I couldnt decide what to get and all I can say is my whole SB experience just got greatly updated :)
The clouds i can blow out with this thing with almost 0 harshness on the throat is incredible.
A full junior bowl in 2-3 hits and I was sure I combusted everytime just by the vast amount of vapor escaping my lungs afterwards :D you can also extend the exp to 6-8 draws if you wish so!
if youre still not sure what to get next i highly highly recommend that little piece. Its not cheap for sure, but worth every penny and some local glassblower in Kennys area will be happy so I like that :)
Still in honeymoon ofc, but daaaaaamn Im happy about my purchase :)

concentrate is hard to get in Germany so i couldnt try it yet in a SB, but i like to sprinkle some good Kief on top every now and than!

nonamekevin

@nonamekevin Hey dude!
I just got myself the Mini Bubbler instead of the wpa or flip since I couldnt decide what to get and all I can say is my whole SB experience just got greatly updated :)
The clouds i can blow out with this thing with almost 0 harshness on the throat is incredible.
A full junior bowl in 2-3 hits and I was sure I combusted everytime just by the vast amount of vapor escaping my lungs afterwards :D you can also extend the exp to 6-8 draws if you wish so!
if youre still not sure what to get next i highly highly recommend that little piece. Its not cheap for sure, but worth every penny and some local glassblower in Kennys area will be happy so I like that :)
Still in honeymoon ofc, but daaaaaamn Im happy about my purchase :)

concentrate is hard to get in Germany so i couldnt try it yet in a SB, but i like to sprinkle some good Kief on top every now and than!
@DonMarteng Hallo friend! I remember seeing you on the live stream the other day with Kenny and the vape homies. Dude, you're right and I completely forgot about that bubbler! Remember seeing ausytn use his with the runt? Watching him rip through the mini bubbler, each time I was like "oh he scorched that bowl for sure." He took off the intake brick, stirred, AND HIT IT TWO MORE TIMES! That little bubbler with the runt pumped out the vapor!!!

Good looking out dude! Would love to see more pics and vids of those in use! :rockon:

nonamekevin

Hello friends!

Just got done with a 3+ week t-break. This is the first time during a break that I've actually acquired a vape, which is maybe why I said 3+ week instead of month long. :freak: But, things happen and here we are.

It still way too soon to give this OG a proper post, but I am having so much fun with this thing. This is the first and only new vape that I have tried out of the three received, because I'm having way too much enjoyment out of the OG I haven't used the others yet.

I've got maybe 9 bowls out of the OG so far. Besides how beautiful the canary wood is, and how thick the glass is of the mouthpiece, still too new to talk intelligently about.

What I can comment on is the sticky pad that came with the OG! I picked up some concentrates to give it a whirl, and I threw the pad into the Runt. Left the screen in so it wasn't a new screen. The metal stir tool that comes with the bricks has kind of a spoon shape to one end, and I picked up a piece of resin the size of the scoop. It seemed right. Placed it on the pad, set up the runt on the water piece, and let it rip. Wasn't gonna take the restrictor disk out because I wanted to get a fair comparison between the runt how I know it, and the runt with the pad in.

Setup was runt through wpa, restrictor disk in, cork in carb, sticky pad. Trusty triple flame torch, and started my draw. I had to heat it for the full draw before getting any vapor. So the first draw was hot air. The second draw, still slow drawing, got vapor to form. Vapor kept forming, and became a super quick extraction. I look at the sticky pad kind of like the dynacoil, both of which are creative ideas and provide more options for consumers. Out of the two, I much prefer the sticky pad. The dynacoil was my method of consuming concentrates besides combo hits, but the pad is way better of an experience. I never truly dug the dynacoil, but it's still a clever idea. Compared to doing combo hits, the pad seemed to keep things cleaner.

Real quick, I decided to take the restrictor disk out and try a quick sticky pad session. Everything else from above the same. With the disk out, the runt just blew through that dab. Fuck that was way fast of a dab! Solid taste as well. I cleaned out the walnut Runt best I could, and through water/dirty glass. It would be interesting to try it with the dry mouthpiece to compare the flavor.

I imagine that if you have a dedicated dab rig, you probably wouldn't be interested in trying the sticky pad. But if you have a brick, and want to try a quick no bullshit way of using concentrates, the pad is for sure an option.

I'll report back with the OG after more bowls. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

DonMarteng

Oh man and I just got myself the updated Flip this weekend.
What a monster! I love it.
So far I can say that out of my bricks I pick up the Junior with Minibubbler most, because it delivers the least harsh vape, best size and biggest clouds.
The OG is close behind, if you dont inhale too fast it stays supersmooth!
Junior with bent Intake is easier to use and less likely to burn imo.
I got used to the straight intake after a couple of bad tries and ended up really liking the OG even though I was very disappointed at first.
For me its always no disk and lowest honest flame with all SB.
Dont like the taste with a triple torch, even though it works really well.
If Im using the walnut OG with a big torch the taste of the wood is just eeew.
Padauk and Black Limba taste way less and better in my opinion.
The Flip on the other hand is the perfect bongvape!
I can extract a bowl in 2 draws, but i can also extent to 5 if I want to.
Its my go to right now if I wanna get to nirvana asap.
The Junior and Og I treat more like a good cigar in the evening ;)
@nonamekevin have a great time with your new OG!
My next unit will be a canary too, incredible :)
What other 2 vapes did you get?

ArkansasJack

Hello friend! You mentioned that you're a tobacco pipe smoker as well? Have you dabbled in making your own? I was curious about widdling and wood carving as a hobby and thought about making a pipe. Decided against it because I don't think I would use it more than the first use, you know, just to see how it would smoke. :spliff:

Hope everyone is enjoying their bricks this Friday! Who in here has used the new sticky pads for concentrates in their brick? Just got one, but no concentrates in the cupboard lately. :( One of my absolute favorite things in vaping is to do a combo bowl out of the runt. It's almost like a sundae with a cherry on top!

Now I'm craving some ice cream!:cool:

I've not made my own, although it would be fun to try.

nonamekevin

What other 2 vapes did you get?
SSV - got it used and sent it in to refurb. Not new, but new to me. Excited to give it a whirl.
Custom glass - I commissioned a glass blower to make a dry herb vape designed specifically for a 20mm coil. I still have some assembly to do before testing.
Yay for the no-silly disk people! We don't need that shit. We can handle learning to use the brick in it's natural form. We don't need training wheels!
Each person's technique is a little different my friend! I will forever keep the disk in my Runt (unless I'm using the sticky pad) , because that is how I have gotten the most comfortable with my Runt. The OG I don't use the disk, and it's been fun learning again. I actually think that, had I not had the disk in for so long with the runt, my technique wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Its not a badge of honor to use the bricks a certain way. Lots of different ways to enjoy these awesome pieces. :rockon:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Each person's technique is a little different my friend! I will forever keep the disk in my Runt (unless I'm using the sticky pad) , because that is how I have gotten the most comfortable with my Runt. The OG I don't use the disk, and it's been fun learning again. I actually think that, had I not had the disk in for so long with the runt, my technique wouldn't be as good as it is now.

I know, I know. I can be a petty dickhead...but it keeps me warm and happy inside :evil:

david8613

hey guys I have joined the sticky brick crew:rockon:, got a sticky brick runt coming my way in cherry. this will be my first real torch driven vape. I do use a dynavap but that doesn't count since I use it with an induction heater. I was always nervous to use torches in the past. I feel like after using so many electronic style vaporizers its time for me to graduate and move up to something with FIRE!:evil: should be a fun journey. I am reading through this excellent thread, learning and absorbing as much as possible. loving all the beautiful wood and information. I feel a little relieved moving to a more minimalist primal style vape, less issues I think. I am little tired of all the problems some electronic vapes have been having these days, cough cough storz & bickle. not bashing storz, just saying I am glad to be open minded, to move on, and to brave enough to try something different. We all want the same thing right? To get that incrediable vaporizer experience.

Last edited:

DonMarteng

hey guys I have joined the sticky brick crew:rockon:, got a sticky brick runt coming my way in cherry. this will be my first real torch driven vape. I do use a dynavap but that doesn't count since I use it with an induction heater. I was always nervous to use torches in the past. I feel like after using so many electronic style vaporizers its time for me to graduate and move up to something with FIRE!:evil: should be a fun journey. I am reading through this excellent thread, learning and absorbing as much as possible. loving all the information. I feel a little relieved moving to a more primal style vape, less issues. I am little tired of all the problems some electronic vapes have been having these days, cough cough storz & bickle, not bashing storz, just saying I am glad I am moving on and trying something different to get that incrediable vapor we all want.
Welcome to the family!
The SB is very basic in terms of technology, but beware the 500 factors when it comes to perfect vapor production! Draw speed, flame length, angle,....
Its honestly one of the best experiences to get the technique right since i started vaping 8 years ago.
And then you buy another brick and it works completly different all over again!
Id recommend to go with the disk inside for the first week just so you get a general feeling!
Enjoy your brick mate

nonamekevin

Welcome to the family!
The SB is very basic in terms of technology, but beware the 500 factors when it comes to perfect vapor production! Draw speed, flame length, angle,....
Its honestly one of the best experiences to get the technique right since i started vaping 8 years ago.
And then you buy another brick and it works completly different all over again!
Id recommend to go with the disk inside for the first week just so you get a general feeling!
Enjoy your brick mate
Well said friend! Great advice about the disk in, but I'm biased towards it in my Runt! :rockon:

In addition to what @DonMarteng already suggested, maybe start with the carb corked up. With the disk in and carb corked, you really only have to focus on flame placement and draw speed.

Let us know if there are any questions you have when starting out. The runt has been my daily for almost a year, and it still impresses me regularly. :rockon:

david8613

@DonMarteng @nonamekevin thanks I appreciate the quick tips and warm welcome. I read this thread back to the beginning of November, good stuff for sure. I do have a couple of questions, I read its important to get butane that is ultra refined, what brand do you recommend? I want to pick up a decent torch which should I look at, there is many my head is spinning.

Guys I'm falling in love with all the beautiful sticky brick wood species I see online, we need to see more pics here on this thread! Show off your sticky bricks I wanna see them.

nonamekevin

@DonMarteng @nonamekevin thanks I appreciate the quick tips and warm welcome. I read this thread back to the beginning of November, good stuff for sure. I do have a couple of questions, I read its important to get butane that is ultra refined, what brand do you recommend? I want to pick up a decent torch which should I look at, there is many my head is spinning.

Guys I'm falling in love with all the beautiful sticky brick wood species I see online, we need to see more pics here on this thread! Show off your sticky bricks I wanna see them.
For sure, definitely want the most refined butane available to you, and I would start at your local smoke shop. My shop carries whip it brand butane, no problems with torches getting clogged or sputtering.

For torches, start with the honest one that comes with the runt. It comes empty, so you'll have to fill it with the high quality stuff you chose. I use a triple flame torch with my Runt, but I use the honest torch with the OG.

Excited for you homie, I remember when I got my technique down and actually "got it" with my Runt. Such a fantastic vape. :leaf::peace:

Edit- my goto setup for my Runt.
15654050710392135616525014857658.jpg

DonMarteng

8j1LPcB

Here is a little shot of the bunch: Fractal Walnut OG, Padauk junior and Black Limba Flip 19.
Hope the picture is showing?

@david8613 Im using kolibri butane and its really good, but most expensive ones should work fine.
Still rockin the original Honest lighter and havent found a better one yet. I just set it to superlow and never combust, not bad at all. But try a triple torch with the disk in for sure, fast and different but also great.

@nonamekevin Tried the Flip without water yesterday for the first time.
Why did it take me so long to try a bong without water?!
Never thought of that before but it works soooo well!
Do you ever use water anymore? I feel like I need to use water just to not blast myself completely away.
How is the OG treating you? Im still telling myself that i dont need a Runt, but you know how it is :D

@letter never sent Have a great Saturday and enjoy your Brick dude! Sounds like a solid plan! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom