Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Enjoying the Runt quite regularly without the restrictor disc since February now, I had called myself an experienced Sticky Bricks user, but the Flip is another level.

The Runt gives a nice instant feedback in/on your lips/mouth/throat tasting the vape and feeling the heat, so you can adjust distance between flame and glass for nice hits exactly as you like em. With the Flip on a bigger bong, I've only the density of the vape as an indicator. Looking from flame to upcoming vape and back and to the vape again and so on doesn't make the whole process easier :D
After some combustion accidents, but great hits too, I have put the restrictor disc in now and will do some more intense testing this evening.

nonamekevin

Enjoying the Runt quite regularly without the restrictor disc since February now, I had called myself an experienced Sticky Bricks user, but the Flip is another level.

The Runt gives a nice instant feedback in/on your lips/mouth/throat tasting the vape and feeling the heat, so you can adjust distance between flame and glass for nice hits exactly as you like em. With the Flip on a bigger bong, I've only the density of the vape as an indicator. Looking from flame to upcoming vape and back and to the vape again and so on doesn't make the whole process easier :D
After some combustion accidents, but great hits too, I have put the restrictor disc in now and will do some more intense testing this evening.

Can you describe your flip brick setup? I'm running mine on a 6+ inch bent neck bong with a straight 14mm female adaptor. The flip brick, when in go mode, puts the flame intake above the height of the mouthpiece. So I understand your struggle.

It almost feels like this would be good on a big ol 18in beaker. :rockon:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
My Flip sits on a clone of this guy here:

alt_9-12-12_mobius-31_10e182e0-2e7e-419b-90b3-0ee5573f6844_2000x.jpg

JacoboP

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and we are so very thankful for all of you!
Hey I was wondering if you would ever consider making a flame intake with a glass on glass connection so it could fit onto a male on male 18 mm adapter that would hold the herb on a center screen.i always accidentally combust with my whip Vapes and it would ruin the silicone or vinyl tube and I feel the wood would be a little problem for me

JacoboP,

JacoboP

What's people's opinions on using a gas powered heat gun for a heat source on these units like the bernzomatic 3 in 1 solder Torch it has a little heat gun attachment that uses the flame to heat it and it is rather efficient.
I just don't understand the way it's heating up is it burning all the butane? I'd assume so.

yogurtsauce

What's people's opinions on using a gas powered heat gun for a heat source on these units like the bernzomatic 3 in 1 solder Torch it has a little heat gun attachment that uses the flame to heat it and it is rather efficient.
I just don't understand the way it's heating up is it burning all the butane? I'd assume so.

All BUTANE that is expelled AFTER the initial flame is burned up. Only BUTANE is burned up. The non-premium butanes contain much more than just butane. So keep that in mind when you buy butane. The more pure the butane, the more pure stuff comes out of the torch. The butane turns into water and co2 when combusted, so that’s perfectly safe . Btw fuck it, try the heat gun. But I think butane will work better because it’s so pressurized that it forces itself down into the flame intake easier. The heat gun might be too wide than a torch flame. Also keep in mind that a flame is very hot and there is no way that a heat gun will be able to come even close to the amount of heat the torch expels in such accuracy.

JacoboP

All BUTANE that is expelled AFTER the initial flame is burned up. Only BUTANE is burned up. The non-premium butanes contain much more than just butane. So keep that in mind when you buy butane. The more pure the butane, the more pure stuff comes out of the torch. The butane turns into water and co2 when combusted, so that’s perfectly safe . Btw fuck it, try the heat gun. But I think butane will work better because it’s so pressurized that it forces itself down into the flame intake easier. The heat gun might be too wide than a torch flame. Also keep in mind that a flame is very hot and there is no way that a heat gun will be able to come even close to the amount of heat the torch expels in such accuracy.
Not a big heat gun it's a tiny single flame torch with a hot air blower attachment it gets orange hot and would fit into the flame intake last time I used it on a regular bong bowl with a gap between the top of the bowl and the herb it Vaped great but I had my ssv back then so didn't bother but it seems it would be an awesome alternative to those who have trouble with too much heat look up 3 in 1 bernzomatic torch

AcidFlashbang

Not a big heat gun it's a tiny single flame torch with a hot air blower attachment it gets orange hot and would fit into the flame intake last time I used it on a regular bong bowl with a gap between the top of the bowl and the herb it Vaped great but I had my ssv back then so didn't bother but it seems it would be an awesome alternative to those who have trouble with too much heat look up 3 in 1 bernzomatic torch
If it gets orange hot that means the metal is offgassing and you probably wouldn't want to be inhaling that

I received my new cherry OG today. First impression - this thing is awesome! I love the size and weight of it, has a nice heft and feels great in the hand. The mouthpiece is perfect, super thick glass and easy to draw from. I'm having a ton of fun just taking it apart and putting it back together.

First bowl went pretty well. I kept the disc in. It felt near impossible to combust - I didn't come close to doing so. Got 5+ hits with nice clouds. I can tell there's a lot to learn technique wise, but it was nice being able to get decent results on the first try.

Excited to dive in more tonight, but I had to stop for a while - I'm lit! This thing really does hit like a truck. :)

Edit: I've done two more bowls. One was around .05g, the other only .03g. It worked great. Got a nice big hit followed by a couple smaller ones. Very even extraction. The flavor profile is definitely much different from my Woodscents. There's a noticeable wood taste there. It's not bad, just different. Loving the pure convection vapor from this thing. It's very smooth for a dry piece.

I'm finding great results early with the included Honest torch and the restrictor disc in. Feels pretty intuitive and I'm not worried about combusting. The fact that I can easily microdose is a huge win.

This thing already feels like it's going to become my #2 option behind the Woodscents. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

AcidFlashbang

I received my new cherry OG today. First impression - this thing is awesome! I love the size and weight of it, has a nice heft and feels great in the hand. The mouthpiece is perfect, super thick glass and easy to draw from. I'm having a ton of fun just taking it apart and putting it back together.

First bowl went pretty well. I kept the disk in. It felt near impossible to combust - I didn't come close to doing so. Got 5+ hits with nice clouds. I can tell there's a lot to learn technique wise, but it was nice being able to get decent results on the first try.

Excited to dive in more tonight, but I had to stop for a while - I'm lit! This thing really does hit like a truck. :)
Did you notice a flavor with the disc in? Mine made the vapor taste like wax when I put it back in to try it after initial failure to producd vapor with it.

Edit: soaking the restrictors in alcohol made it better but the taste is still somewhat present with the restrictor nipple pointing up which I have found necessary to avoid hotspots. This picture is with the restrictor in as it says to in the manual
1GLOx3pP.jpg

Last edited:
@AcidFlashbang I don’t notice any weird flavor from the disc. But, I haven’t used it without the disc, so I can’t compare. I’m also not getting any hotspots. I’m loading much smaller bowls than you show in your photo, and I’m also using an OG, while yours looks like a Junior from the photo? I’m running the restrictor disc with the flat side up as stated in the manual.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

AcidFlashbang

@AcidFlashbang I don’t notice any weird flavor from the disc. But, I haven’t used it without the disc, so I can’t compare. I’m also not getting any hotspots. I’m loading much smaller bowls than you show in your photo, and I’m also using an OG, while yours looks like a Junior from the photo? I’m running the restrictor disc with the flat side up as stated in the manual.
Yeah it's a junior, I liked the portable aspect although it is a bit larger than I was expecting. The taste is only noticeable when using the restrictor flat side down. was gonna keep trying different methods but I got too high. :lol: Ill try smaller bowls next time :science:

AcidFlashbang,

nonamekevin

Almost on week 3 of getting to know the flip brick. It produces vapor super quick, and hits like a sledgehammer. I had to put the top hat of the disk pointing up to reduce hot spots.

Ive been playing around with trying to extend the bowl out by playing around with flame distance. Start in close and fast, then once I get a dense vapor, I back it off enough to keep most of the density. I've also been topping all bowls with kief, so the brick has been especially powerful lately.

Hope everyone got something good for black Friday or cyber Monday. :rockon:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Honestly I'm too stupid and my lung volumes too small to use the Flip through bigger glass. I'll stuck to more idiot proof devices like the FlowerPot or the TETRAx for this kind of vaping.

But I covered quite some glass adapters, pieces and shit from China over the last years, so I legoed a "j-hook" fitting my needs for the Flip. It cools enough, the Flip is in a horizontal level and on high of my eyes, while I can see the vape too. This thing is easy usable like the Runt for me, but deliveres bigger and more tasty, but cooler hits. Really enjoying this combo the last days.

A critical thing about the Flip I have to say too. When I used the restrictor disc and hash, higher temperature was needed. Here I could smell and taste, I think the Sticky Brick Butter, or whatever the wood is treated with. Like someone mentioned already. The wood sweat a little too. It's not been a bad tast and I hope not toxic, but maybe Sticky Brick should do some kind like burnof to minimize this :)

Starless

And bible black
I’ve been able to spend a few days with my new Flip and I am loving it. The flavor and experience beats my dynavap and is up there with full convection desktops like my EVO or my old Da Buddha.

I’ve been using the disc turned upside down because it was recommended on vaporents. I have yet to experience hot spots.

I started with a single flame torch but would have to turn the flame way up. Ive since been using my triple flame and it seems to get thick vapor faster and without needing to turn flame up high so I think I may stick with this.

Only issue I’ve experienced is a WEIRD one lol. I’ve been using it with a small dab rig-type piece but also have a large DHgate stereo matrix piece. When I’ve used the stereo matrix the back flow of water after hitting will shoot some herb out of the intake and make some green snow all over my table! I suppose this could be solved be removing the flip from the joint to clear so it’s just a minor annoyance.

RhCUxLw_d.jpg

Starless,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Guys, please help me with your opionions.
I own and love both the OG and the Jr.
What makes the Runt different and therefore worth buying?

Thank you very much in advance!

Dynavaper,

nonamekevin

Guys, please help me with your opionions.
I own and love both the OG and the Jr.
What makes the Runt different and therefore worth buying?

Thank you very much in advance!
I don't have either the OG or Jr, only the runt and flip brick. With the Runt though, it's the only brick that you can detach the bowl from the rest of the vape, independently. The OG, correct me if I'm wrong, looks like you need to remove both bowl and intake brick to access the bowl. Same with the Jr and flip and Maxx, you have to remove the intake brick to access the bowl. With the runt, you can detach the bowl directly, making stirring/emptying/reloading/handling the bowl extremely efficient.

Other than that, it's all size. The Jr, OG, Maxx and runt are all ambidextrous. The flip is not ambidextrous to the extent the others are. The OG is dedicated for dry, unless you pick up one of the Hydro add on bricks. The Jr and runt can share glass, and with a wpa, both can go through water.

:rockon:

Only issue I’ve experienced is a WEIRD one lol. I’ve been using it with a small dab rig-type piece but also have a large DHgate stereo matrix piece. When I’ve used the stereo matrix the back flow of water after hitting will shoot some herb out of the intake and make some green snow all over my table! I suppose this could be solved be removing the flip from the joint to clear so it’s just a minor annoyance.

RhCUxLw_d.jpg
I haven't experienced the issue you have, but maybe a tip? When you are ready to clear your rig, push away on the intake brick so that you break the magnetic connection between the bowl brick and the water pipe brick. It gives the same effect as removing the flip from the joint, but to me, it's faster and easier to make that fresh air separation then to try and remove the flip completely. Maybe because my joint is outa round, so I have to be careful during removal, otherwise the 14mm glass will stick heavy. :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

despeRAWdo

Fan of Hot Air Makers.
So my Sticky Brick Junior got a tiny bit of scorching by the intake, it there and easy way to get rid of it? It's not big enough to warrant sanding, so if that's my only option it's here to stay.

despeRAWdo,

nonamekevin

I put the runt away for about a month while I tried the 2019 flip. I remember giving it a super thorough cleaning before putting it away.

Well tonight I took her back out. Is there anything better than having a brand new screen? :bowdown:

Filled up the bowl with some fresh ground, outdoor homegrown, tamped down lightly to about halfway. This beauty smashes, no doubt. Fast, but slow enough that you can ride the bowl for awhile before worries. The flip, on the other hand, felt real snappy. Like you hit it, get in/out quickly, otherwise you're risking it. Much faster than the runt, the whole experience. If I was someone who wanted the fastest experience possible, I'd seriously consider the flip. The only vapes that I've seen on YouTube that would have comparable speed would be the grasshopper, and maybe a concentrate pen.

With that being said, I love the runt more than the flip. It's 99% perfect, and I can't believe it's been a month. This vape has been the daily driver for the past 8 months, and will forever be in the rotation. I typically run it through my wpa and 8in bent neck piece, because the water cools the vapor perfectly to fill your lungs to capacity. If I want to slow it down and sip for some flavor, I'll pull out the dry mouthpiece. It's been awhile since ive used the dry mouthpiece, so it might be time to switch it up for bowl two. :cool:

Hope everyone else is enjoying their favorite sticky brick tonight. :rockon:

Edit: Wow! I'm fucking gone. Like done, holy shit. It's been a while since I've been heavy paranoid. Filled up the runt and put the dry mouthpiece on. Triple flame torch and restrictor disk always. Really nice taste, a bit warm, decent vapor. Swapped the dry mouthpiece for the wpa. Checked the bowl, still mostly green, some yellow. Didn't bother stirring. Took a massive rip off the water piece. It's been a minute since I've coughed from so much vapor.

This will be my primary technique moving forward. First rip is dry mouthpiece, following are wpa hits. I'll report back after more research. :leaf::evil:

Last edited:

el sargantano

I put the runt away for about a month while I tried the 2019 flip. I remember giving it a super thorough cleaning before putting it away.

Well tonight I took her back out. Is there anything better than having a brand new screen? :bowdown:

Filled up the bowl with some fresh ground, outdoor homegrown, tamped down lightly to about halfway. This beauty smashes, no doubt. Fast, but slow enough that you can ride the bowl for awhile before worries. The flip, on the other hand, felt real snappy. Like you hit it, get in/out quickly, otherwise you're risking it. Much faster than the runt, the whole experience. If I was someone who wanted the fastest experience possible, I'd seriously consider the flip. The only vapes that I've seen on YouTube that would have comparable speed would be the grasshopper, and maybe a concentrate pen.

With that being said, I love the runt more than the flip. It's 99% perfect, and I can't believe it's been a month. This vape has been the daily driver for the past 8 months, and will forever be in the rotation. I typically run it through my wpa and 8in bent neck piece, because the water cools the vapor perfectly to fill your lungs to capacity. If I want to slow it down and sip for some flavor, I'll pull out the dry mouthpiece. It's been awhile since ive used the dry mouthpiece, so it might be time to switch it up for bowl two. :cool:

Hope everyone else is enjoying their favorite sticky brick tonight. :rockon:

Edit: Wow! I'm fucking gone. Like done, holy shit. It's been a while since I've been heavy paranoid. Filled up the runt and put the dry mouthpiece on. Triple flame torch and restrictor disk always. Really nice taste, a bit warm, decent vapor. Swapped the dry mouthpiece for the wpa. Checked the bowl, still mostly green, some yellow. Didn't bother stirring. Took a massive rip off the water piece. It's been a minute since I've coughed from so much vapor.

This will be my primary technique moving forward. First rip is dry mouthpiece, following are wpa hits. I'll report back after more research. :leaf::evil:

Research is capital, just embrace the paranoia and surf it!

tokenknifeguy

So I've been interested in the sticky brick lineup for some time now. So these are the vapes I currently have, Enano, Splinter Z, Tetrax, Elev8r, and the dynavap. So with these vapes in mind, is there a certain sticky brick that I should still get? Basically, can I get good results from the sticky bricks like I can get from these I listed? The first 4 I listed can get me massive clouds. Just wondering if the sticky bricks are worth it when I got these, and if so which Brick is the best one to get?

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

nonamekevin

So I've been interested in the sticky brick lineup for some time now. So these are the vapes I currently have, Enano, Splinter Z, Tetrax, Elev8r, and the dynavap. So with these vapes in mind, is there a certain sticky brick that I should still get? Basically, can I get good results from the sticky bricks like I can get from these I listed? The first 4 I listed can get me massive clouds. Just wondering if the sticky bricks are worth it when I got these, and if so which Brick is the best one to get?
Welcome friend. :sherlock:

Out of the 5 you listed, one of them is a desktop and the rest are portable. All 5 of them are pretty easy to use with water pieces.

Could you give us some more info on how you like to vape now? Are you looking for another portable? Do you want to use it with water?

There is a pretty good video that shows the difference within the sticky brick lineup. Check it out.

:rockon:

Top Bottom