Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

SquanchKava

I sold my Runt and have an OG now. But it seems to have a very restircted draw. Even when clean and fresh screen isntalled I am getting mild tension headaches when using it. I have a couple other Sticky Brick style units that don't give me this issue. I have chronic migraines so I tend to need baby lung draw friendly vapes lol. I recall the Runt being easy to draw.
What are the least restricticted draw Sticky Brick models? I am curious how the Hyrdrobrick and Maxx draw compares to the OG. And the new Flip Brick.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I sold my Runt and have an OG now. But it seems to have a very restircted draw. Even when clean and fresh screen isntalled I am getting mild tension headaches when using it. I have a couple other Sticky Brick style units that don't give me this issue. I have chronic migraines so I tend to need baby lung draw friendly vapes lol. I recall the Runt being easy to draw.
What are the least restricticted draw Sticky Brick models? I am curious how the Hyrdrobrick and Maxx draw compares to the OG. And the new Flip Brick.
I only have an og and the draw resistance is very comfortable and not too restricted at all. I use it with the restrictor disk and have great results with big, smooth hits and rapid extraction.

SquanchKava

I only have an og and the draw resistance is very comfortable and not too restricted at all. I use it with the restrictor disk and have great results with big, smooth hits and rapid extraction.

Hmm, interesting. Out if curiosity is your OG the old style or new style. I have the older style where the intake hole isn't large enough for the restrictor disc to fit in it so I have to aim the restrictor disc nipple end inside the middle of the intake glass. I wonder if that makes a difference. I will field strip clean it tonight to see if there is some gunk inside I haven't noticed. I watched thr 429vapezone Sticky Brick video and he mantioned the OG having the most draw restriction of the line up.

SquanchKava,

nonamekevin

So, I used to have an OG Brick and really liked it.

I'm itching for one again. I saw people using a Flip Brick with a hydrotube 14mm bubbler and figured it'd be awesome to do the same.

But

In your opinions, would you take a Runt + WPA, or Flip Brick '19? I have a nice J-Hook too. So hard to choose ah!
Can't comment on the new flip brick, but I can give you all the info on the runt + wpa combo! If you check out page 68 of this thread, I put a video of my use through a small rig. Two hit extraction, fast, heavy!

SquanchKava

Can't comment on the new flip brick, but I can give you all the info on the runt + wpa combo! If you check out page 68 of this thread, I put a video of my use through a small rig. Two hit extraction, fast, heavy!

Yeah I loved my Runt, so I got the OG to have a super Runt. I love the size of the OG and the huge glass for more colling of the vapor. But I miss that fast pull out herb chamber and those super terpy tasting hits of the Runt. And miss that low draw restriction of the Runt. I might have to get me another Runt. But I don't want to break up with the OG till I know the draw restriction is not my fault somehow.

SquanchKava,

howie105

Yeah I loved my Runt, so I got the OG to have a super Runt. I love the size of the OG and the huge glass for more colling of the vapor. But I miss that fast pull out herb chamber and those super terpy tasting hits of the Runt. And miss that low draw restriction of the Runt. I might have to get me another Runt. But I don't want to break up with the OG till I know the draw restriction is not my fault somehow.

So what did the the experts at Sticky Brick suggest? productsupport@stickybricklabs.com

nonamekevin

It's funny you mention the herb chamber pulling out quickly on the runt, because I was just thinking about that the other. Have been looking at a Maxx recently, but then I thought about how I would empty the bowl. Imagining that I would have to take off the mouthpiece and the flame intake to tip the whole base upside down, empty, then reassemble everything, I don't know if that's for me homie.

I have tried for awhile to think about what changes I would make to the runt to improve it. Besides adding a little dowel to the flame intake wood to prevent the misalignment caused by the magnets, I got nothing. I rarely take off the flame intake anyway. I love how the herb chamber comes off while the rest of the brick is in tact, I love how quick the brick hits, water friendly, dry friendly, perfect hand held size, and powerful. Herb/concentrate combo hits are my absolute favorite!! Oh, @lazylathe had a good idea to brand the type of brick directly on to it near the logo they currently put on.

Ive been rocking the SBrunt now for probably 8 months as my daily. Every once in awhile I'd reach for a dynavap when I've been getting low on herb, otherwise, it has been exclusively the runt. I cannot say enough good things about it. @StickyBricks, you nailed it with this one. :clap:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hmm, interesting. Out if curiosity is your OG the old style or new style. I have the older style where the intake hole isn't large enough for the restrictor disc to fit in it so I have to aim the restrictor disc nipple end inside the middle of the intake glass. I wonder if that makes a difference. I will field strip clean it tonight to see if there is some gunk inside I haven't noticed. I watched thr 429vapezone Sticky Brick video and he mantioned the OG having the most draw restriction of the line up.
Mine is a newer Limba purchased this year. I can see how you might suffer from a tighter draw if the disk had to be used upside-down. I've never tried a Runt or Jr. The og is just right for me and since I started using the restrictor disk I have no niggles or complaints about it. I dislike vapes with tight draw resistance so I doubt my og airflow is what you're describing.

SquanchKava

Mine is a newer Limba purchased this year. I can see how you might suffer from a tighter draw if the disk had to be used upside-down. I've never tried a Runt or Jr. The og is just right for me and since I started using the restrictor disk I have no niggles or complaints about it. I dislike vapes with tight draw resistance so I doubt my og airflow is what you're describing.

Thanks, good to know.

Edit: I talked to Sticky Bricks and they said even though it is an older model it shouldn't have a hard draw resistance. So cleaning it up good tonight and mailing it in to have the flame intake hole drilled out for the restrictor disc and they will give it a once over to see if there is anything that might cause the draw resistance I am noticing.

Last edited:

vapasm

New Vape user and I just picked up a Sticky Brick Maxx and have a some questions. I am currently using an S&B Capsule with a screen on the bottom and a screen in the lid to prevent buildup in my load chamber and to also act as a heat buffer. I load up about 3 smidgeons (actual smidgeon spoon) which fills up the S&B dosing cap. I use another screen under my glass intake to also act as a heat diffuser and to protect the wood from being burnt. Instead of the vertical flame intake I am using the short bent intake from a Jr.. I only have the honest torch currently and my flame is about an inch long. Just to add I did try this setup with the Stainless Diffuser Disk and it took even longer to get vapor production and seemed to result in lighter ABV.

With this setup I don't combust, but I am getting 2 HUGE first rips, 2 medium rips, and then a couple of wispy rips. I am flipping my S&B capsule after every hit since I can't really stir it. My ABV is a medium brown color but that is after tasting the burnt popcorn flavor. I also have a Dynavap and my ABV is much darker more similar to actual coffee grinds.

Does this seem like an appropriate amount of hits for the volume of material loaded into my S&B Capsules?
Also it seems that I have to draw for quite sometime before vapor buildup and I feel like I am running out of breath at times or I have to take a second breath during my draw. I have a feeling that its a combination of the Honest Lighter not being strong enough and having the S&B capsules with my added screens is creating too much insulation resistance to the flame. Do you have any tips to get vapor produced more quickly?

Last edited:
vapasm,

nonamekevin

I think you already know what's up bud. The dosing cap is like using a disk in, but now you have additional flame diffusers which will further delay heat buildup.

You could try removing some the restrictions in the airpath, or, try a very slow draw until vapor builds. Once you start getting the vapor to produce, you can start drawing faster. That should help you get longer draws and not run out of lung before the hit is over. Others who use the dosing caps seem to either use them without a disk/screen, or they only use the bottom half with a disk. :rockon:

nonamekevin,
Reactions: vapasm

vapasm

Tried it again without the screens inside the S&B Dosing capsules and it worked a bit better, good vapor production and very flavorful. I think I need to upgrade from the Honest Torch for my usage.

I've totally revamped my vaporizer collection this year, just got a FW6 a week ago, and can't really justify owning another unit. But, there's a pretty good chance I'll be snagging a Sticky Brick on Black Friday. :doh:

I've been eyeing these for a while, seen and heard about them everywhere, and I'm really fascinated by the design/aesthetic, as well as the functionality. They just look like fun.

I'm leaning towards the Runt, but the OG has received some consideration as well. One quick question - I've heard you can effectively microdose by using just enough material to cover the screen. About how much is that? And, is there a difference in bowl size between the Runt and OG?

letter never sent,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

nonamekevin

I've totally revamped my vaporizer collection this year, just got a FW6 a week ago, and can't really justify owning another unit. But, there's a pretty good chance I'll be snagging a Sticky Brick on Black Friday. :doh:

I've been eyeing these for a while, seen and heard about them everywhere, and I'm really fascinated by the design/aesthetic, as well as the functionality. They just look like fun.

I'm leaning towards the Runt, but the OG has received some consideration as well. One quick question - I've heard you can effectively microdose by using just enough material to cover the screen. About how much is that? And, is there a difference in bowl size between the Runt and OG?
Hey friend,

@SquanchKava talked a little bit about his opinion between the OG and the runt. Maybe he will chime in more when it comes to bowl size comparison.

As far as the micro dose goes, for my Runt, it takes about 0.05g to cover the bottom of the screen with a thin herb layer. I typically pack a full bowl every time though, which for me, is about 0.20g-0.25g. For small hits, or when I'm trying to conserve, I'll reach for the vapcap. :rockon:

SquanchKava

@nonamekevin I actually just traded my Splinter for another Runt. And my updated OG will be in the mailbox today. I am so stoked to get another Runt. So I will be able to compare the bowl sizes soon.
I am thinking my tension headaches were more than just draw resistance it is even more about how long or how many inhales it takes for me to get a hit. I have a Vaporgenie that takes several inhales to get going and that just kills my head. I am prone to migraines though. So I am hoping adjusting my technique and the updated OG will be a winner.

Last edited:

nonamekevin

I really think I've got the runt dialed in. Kind of getting to the end of my home grown shake, which is a little more course than kief, but finer than a fine grind, if that makes sense. When packing a bowl, because it's so fine, it doesn't tamp that well. I was definitely riding the edge of combustion last night with some toasty sessions, but it never looked like ash or cherried up.

For me, I think what I've learned it the finer the grind, the less tamp down. Tonight, I'll throw a whole nug in there, no grind at all, and see how that goes. The runt actually seems like it has the perfect bowl size for some popcorn nugs. :rockon:

SquanchKava

I switched the OG back to the straight intake and am getting vapor almost as fast as the Runt now. I am thinking of raising the screen up a little higher in the herb chamber. So it will be closer to the heat of the flame after looking at the distance from the intake to herb chamber on the Runt, and how fast I get vapor with the Runt.

nonamekevin

Okay, packed a bowl with the outdoor home grown. Popcorn nug that wasn't very dense, I just smashed the nug in whole.

After each hit, I would flip/chop the nug up, then tamp back down. While the vapor wasn't as dense as my typical fresh ground bowl, really fantastic flavor all the way through. I got a solid 6 hits out, compared to the two massive rips I typically take per bowl.

More research is needed. :rockon:

nonamekevin

Update on the whole nug bowl in my Runt. It's doable, but I think I prefer a medium grind I can tamp down. It seems like the bowl browns more evenly compared to chopped up whole nug.

Got another brick...
20191115-180226.jpg

Way too early to give an opinion on it.

nonamekevin

It's been a full week of daily use with the 2019 flip brick. To compare it to my Runt, which I've had for about 7 months, isn't quite fair. But fuck it, here are some brief thoughts while I just finished a bowl.

It's way fast. I thought I was fast with the Runt, but the flip feels super snappy in comparison. It almost makes the runt feel like a session vape. It's weird to say that, because the runt is very fast, but the flip....its really fucking fast.

Its so fast, that I wound up inverting the restrictor disk so the end points toward the flame intake. When I had the disk pointing toward the bowl, i would hot spot almost each bowl. Pointing the disk up, I believe, creates a little more turbulence in the intake, delaying the build up of heat just long enough to really rip the bowl hard. I typically get 2 decent rips out of a bowl, one brownish hit and I'll dump it after. Similar to how many hits I get from the runt.

Those are just some quick thoughts while I'm enjoying another bowl. Just like the runt, it will smash you in the face. Really enjoying getting to know this piece. :rockon:

Top Bottom