Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Oogendoogan

No, that may dry out the wood. The best thing is hot water and scraping out the gunk with a dab tool

I believe for the most part, it is impossible to get it 100% clean unless you sand off a layer of the internals.
I am no expert but this is what I do.. I just use a high proof alcohol to clean the brick then insert a q tip covered in wood butter after. So the process goes, warm water on a q tip, then go through again with a couple of q tips with rum, vodka or everclear on it. Then another q tip of warm water, then a q tip or two of wood butter. Run the q tips through the airpath and around the bowl, yeah the alcohol will start to dry the wood a bit.. but then when it's dry; it absorbs the wood butter very fast. This is the only way I was able to get any of my bricks clean enough for my liking. I have OCD and like things brand new lol.. kinda hard with the brick but this method keeps it clean enough :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I am no expert but this is what I do.. I just use a high proof alcohol to clean the brick then insert a q tip covered in wood butter after. So the process goes, warm water on a q tip, then go through again with a couple of q tips with rum, vodka or everclear on it. Then another q tip of warm water, then a q tip or two of wood butter. Run the q tips through the airpath and around the bowl, yeah the alcohol will start to dry the wood a bit.. but then when it's dry; it absorbs the wood butter very fast. This is the only way I was able to get any of my bricks clean enough for my liking. I have OCD and like things brand new lol.. kinda hard with the brick but this method keeps it clean enough :)
i wont argue theory in the face of practice and that is some good information to know!

so does it matter if it is iso or grain alcohol for that method?
(as someone who rarely consumes alcohol, i don't have it around too much)

What percentage of build up, do you think this method eliminates ?

YungLeaner

i wont argue theory in the face of practice and that is some good information to know!

I will offer a different, less meticulous viewpoint: I use 91% ISO from CVS and kosher salt. Plug both ends and shake a few times, then dump and run hot water through several times. Then I just wipe it off and vape honestly. My brick looks awesome still.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I will offer a different, less meticulous viewpoint: I use 91% ISO from CVS and kosher salt. Plug both ends and shake a few times, then dump and run hot water through several times. Then I just wipe it off and vape honestly. My brick looks awesome still.
...your doing this to the wood pieces of the vaporizer?

WakeAndVape,

Oogendoogan

The higher the proof the better. I don't drink too much myself but I am lucky to have a buddy who has a few bottles of high proof everclear laying around, the type you can't get at the store (at least in my state lol) he also has the lower like 90 proof everclear that's legal and just kinda a gimmick, you can use some strong rum in its place. To be honest I've used ISO before but it does start to dry the wood, gotta apply more wood butter after using ISO, that's why alcohol is better if your worried about your wood. Honestly tho, as long as your applying the wood butter to all areas that the alcohol touches, your brick should soak up the butter and drying out shouldn't be an issue. The buildup forsure doesn't go away 100% this way.

Like I'm sure if I did what someone above said and put salt and ISO in there it could get close to brand new clean and maybe so dried out it would crack in half lol; but with the q tips; alcohol and wood butter I would say it gets at least like 40-50 percent cleaner. If you really wanna work on it for a while you can get it even better like 75 percent new honestly.. yoUr never gonna get rid of the smell or the taste but you can get your airpath clean enough that you don't see any reclaim or particles.

Kermitt

In addition to the normal screen, I have been using another stainless steel screen (mesh 300) for a week. It is a fine screen that is not hard, but very dense and thin. The draft is not thereby restricted. The advantage is that no gunk is collected in the brick. Kief can easily be vaporiced in the brick, nothing falls through the sieve.

Maybe this is a useful tip for someone. I find it very pleasant.
Here is a link, so everyone knows what kind of sieve I mean:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-mm50my-Industrial-Quality-Strainer/dp/B007L4N25I

Excuse my English, I already had some wine :-)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I haven't had a desire to deep clean my Brick at all. It's funny because I'm usually very OCD about cleaning. I've had it for about 9 months and have cleaned it with q-tips dampened with warm water two or three times. It didn't really need it but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Glass and metal vaporizer parts I clean often. Perhaps the porous wood is absorbing reclaim, thus negating the need to clean often. Who knows? Either way, I love my Brick and how low maintenance and easy to clean it is!

Chingas

Anybody know if these guys will have a 4/20 sale or is puffitup the only option?

Chingas,

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ
Showing some love for this @mvapes (Scratched Glassworks) piece. Received it 2 days ago, highly recommend it.

Edit: @Chingas there is a sale right now on their website, 20% off until midnight 4/20!

HnnqDNa.jpg

Last edited:

almost there

I just ordered my Sticky Brick OG after seeing great reviews about it. Does anyone know where I can find a angle jet lighter that doesn't make a sound for stealthy purposes? Is it possible to use the OG with water? I really hope I will receive my order by 420. Looking forward to try this vape.
If u plan for water filtration u can get the hydro add-on. See if u can add it to your order if it hasn't shipped already

almost there

Last edited:

$un

On the second link, where can I find that connector for the mouth piece to attach it with a silicone whip? I like that setup.

Check out Puffitup https://www.puffitup.com/ They have some of the best sales going on for 420. You can pick up a Sticky Brick OG for $143 free shipping plus they throw in a grinder for free. You can also swap out the free grinder & pick something else from their free goodie section! SWEET DEAL! Customer service is excellent and very responsive. Shout out to Jake from puffitup, I received excellent service from him :tup:

$un

On the second link, where can I find that connector for the mouth piece to attach it with a silicone whip? I like that setup.

Check out Puffitup https://www.puffitup.com/ They have some of the best sales going on for 420. You can pick up a Sticky Brick OG for $143 free shipping plus they throw in a grinder for free. You can also swap out the free grinder & pick something else from their free goodie section! SWEET DEAL! Customer service is excellent and very responsive. Shout out to Jake from puffitup, I received excellent service from him :tup:

I didn't know that either, I just tried looking for it but didn't see any listed options. Any chance you can post the link @$un, thanks

They don't really have a goodie section listed on their website but if you e-mail them they will give you different options other than a grinder which most of us don't need, they also throw in other small goodies & extras with your orders :)

Top Bottom