Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

6079Smith

New fancy pants glass up on SBL site this morning! There is now silver, gold, white wig wag, green wig wag

They're all such beautiful options, I would be proud to own any of them. I was especially torn between the gold and the green but ultimately I pulled the trigger... Stayed true to my fav color; you just can't go wrong with green

Necessary to enjoy the hell out of one's Brick? Nah, suppose not, strictly speaking..
Bad ass looking addition to a daily driver? Abso-fucking-lutely :) And I don't see me ever parting with my Brick, it's more than earned a permanent spot in the fam

Besides, now I have backup glass and won't feel bad abusing my stockies with the occasional concentrate (I can talk myself into just about anything hehe)

Thanks for putting out such classy accessories, Sticky Brick crew! I just know I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it

lemmeadem

^ I'd like to know, too. Just curious. :)

Also - you guys figured out a decent way to do micro-dosing in the Brick/Daisy yet? I've had a quick skim of the Daisy thread but no one really mentions technique. I'm trying to find a way to cut down the bowl size and someone mentioned the MV decarb kit but it's plenty pricey for what's essentially a stainless sleeve.

GTAVaper

Also - you guys figured out a decent way to do micro-dosing in the Brick/Daisy yet? I've had a quick skim of the Daisy thread but no one really mentions technique. I'm trying to find a way to cut down the bowl size and someone mentioned the MV decarb kit but it's plenty pricey for what's essentially a stainless sleeve.

Perhaps just buy some stainless tubing of the right size and then cut it down to size?

YungLeaner

I use a lily which admittedly has a small bowl already but I've found a pretty decent way to do smaller 1-hitter bowls that should work OK for you.

In my experience these triihouse/sticky brick style vapes tend to work the best with a solidly sized pack, at least .2 for the lily and I would imagine more in the Daisy. For whatever reason they just don't do well with tiny packs, sometimes you get a good hit but for the most park it's unevenly browned and you get thin vapor for your efforts. What I have done is found a screen (either slightly domed, or not) that is the correct side to place over your micro-load. While this isn't perfect and can be a little cumbersome to take out and put back, the screen (especially a heavier, finer mesh one) holds the microdose in place in the chamber and acts as a sort of heat exchanger/heat spreader.

I used to use a screen on top of the load in my pax because it increased conductive heat for the load as a whole, and the concept of efficacy here is different although the execution is similar.

If you only have .05-.1 in the daisy chamber the torch heat isn't going to hit the herb right on unless you get lucky, and sometimes you get too lucky with the torch accuracy and char the load. A screen on top of the load makes it so that the heat spreads around and the herb stays in place.

I have dreamed about an S&B style microdose cylinder that would fit inside of the daisy/stickybrick line, because I think they could really benefit the user in this vape moreso than others. One of my annoyances with the lily is removing the load because I rarely have the presence of mind to keep a good emptying tool next to my vape station. A Microdose chamber--similar to the concept of the PnP bullets, but fit for the stickybrick bowls--could solve both the microdosing and the emptying issue by virtue of it (theoretically) being able to seamlessly fall in and out of the bowl. This would perhaps increase conductive heat by a small amount, but given how pure the convection currently is in these vapes I don't see it being a real issue.

Don't mind all this writing, please, I'm just using up my last bits of mental energy before vaping for the first time today.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Also - you guys figured out a decent way to do micro-dosing in the Brick/Daisy yet? I've had a quick skim of the Daisy thread but no one really mentions technique.

In the name of science I just analyzed my microdose technique:

.03 grams of medium fluffy grind (SLX grinder), just barely enough to cover the screen. Yes, I weighed it. To make sure it was accurate I put a cap from my doob tube on top of the scale first and then added .03, my scale takes about .04-.05 grams to register a reading so the load on its own was too small for my scale (Jennings JSR-100).

Xing torch set to about 1 inch total flame (both bright inner and outer "ghost" flame) maybe a little more. A nice strong flame is key.

First draw, inner bright flame flush with the heat intake with an occasional quick dip in. Nearly instant vapor production, resulting in a big cloud that hits me hard.

Quick stir and round two. I dip the inner flame in a little further this time. Visual feedback isn't as milky but I still get a nice satisfying cloud. Not bad for .03.

Before:
avXPiPa.jpg

After:
oRcHj6d.jpg

I used to microdose a lot when I first got my Brick. That's how I use most of my vapes. Lately though, with the brick I've been using bigger loads. I figure might as well take advantage of the bigger chamber.

I can get really flavorful low temp hits with more material, or huge massive clouds that make me check the chamber only to see green. And it seems to be just as efficient, or close to it.

Lately I usually just take my doob tube which I store ground herb in, and I turn it upside down and shake it so herb falls into the cap. Then I turn it sideways and open it up. I dump the contents of the cap in the brick. A full cap fits and fills the oven perfectly. It's not quite full, just under.

Sometimes I fill it half full too. I like to use it a lot, how I use it depends on the circumstances and my mood.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

I use a lily which admittedly has a small bowl already but I've found a pretty decent way to do smaller 1-hitter bowls that should work OK for you.

In my experience these triihouse/sticky brick style vapes tend to work the best with a solidly sized pack, at least .2 for the lily and I would imagine more in the Daisy. For whatever reason they just don't do well with tiny packs, sometimes you get a good hit but for the most park it's unevenly browned and you get thin vapor for your efforts. What I have done is found a screen (either slightly domed, or not) that is the correct side to place over your micro-load. While this isn't perfect and can be a little cumbersome to take out and put back, the screen (especially a heavier, finer mesh one) holds the microdose in place in the chamber and acts as a sort of heat exchanger/heat spreader.

I used to use a screen on top of the load in my pax because it increased conductive heat for the load as a whole, and the concept of efficacy here is different although the execution is similar.

If you only have .05-.1 in the daisy chamber the torch heat isn't going to hit the herb right on unless you get lucky, and sometimes you get too lucky with the torch accuracy and char the load. A screen on top of the load makes it so that the heat spreads around and the herb stays in place.

I have dreamed about an S&B style microdose cylinder that would fit inside of the daisy/stickybrick line, because I think they could really benefit the user in this vape moreso than others. One of my annoyances with the lily is removing the load because I rarely have the presence of mind to keep a good emptying tool next to my vape station. A Microdose chamber--similar to the concept of the PnP bullets, but fit for the stickybrick bowls--could solve both the microdosing and the emptying issue by virtue of it (theoretically) being able to seamlessly fall in and out of the bowl. This would perhaps increase conductive heat by a small amount, but given how pure the convection currently is in these vapes I don't see it being a real issue.

Don't mind all this writing, please, I'm just using up my last bits of mental energy before vaping for the first time today.
.2 is a lot. That's Ike the largest bowl I pack in my brick, I'm sure it's about .1 or less that covers the screen, I pack just a little more than a lot of the time. It works fine, usually I get a little lower temp extraction than I do when I pack closer to .2 but the extraction is close, you really just need to refine your technique with this vape and switch torches and I feel like extracting any size load is possible. well at least as long as it covers the screen. I usually pack about 2 little scoops of bud out of my gold digger skille tool which is no where near .2 I feel like I put about .3 in a pretty full elb and that's like twice the amount I pack in my brick. Anyone else care to share their experience? I feel like I am vaping pretty small loads pretty effectively, I wouldn't call it micro dosing, unless I take a hit and leave it then come back, which I never do really lol. I have a fairly high tolerance and use my Milaana to microdose when I do it, I have thought of dosing capsules for the brick, if nothing else for convenience and the ability to not stir haha. Enjoying the brick with some concentrates before bed! I am getting good results but think my herb to dab ratio could be off.. Anyone have advice for shatter in the brick? Thanks!
Cheers FC
:peace::leaf:

Edit: @Vapor_Eyes beat me to the point with some great advice :tup: cheers! I hope my post still helps haha.

Last edited:

YungLeaner

.2 is a lot. That's Ike the largest bowl I pack in my brick, I'm sure it's about .1 or less that covers the screen, I pack just a little more than a lot of the time. It works fine, usually I get a little lower temp extraction than I do when I pack closer to .2 but the extraction is close, you really just need to refine your technique with this vape and switch torches and I feel like extracting any size load is possible. well at least as long as it covers the screen. I usually pack about 2 little scoops of bud out of my gold digger skille tool which is no where near .2 I feel like I put about .3 in a pretty full elb and that's like twice the amount I pack in my brick. Anyone else care to share their experience? I feel like I am vaping pretty small loads pretty effectively, I wouldn't call it micro dosing, unless I take a hit and leave it then come back, which I never do really lol. I have a fairly high tolerance and use my Milaana to microdose when I do it, I have thought of dosing capsules for the brick, if nothing else for convenience and the ability to not stir haha. Enjoying the brick with some concentrates before bed! I am getting good results but think my herb to dab ratio could be off.. Anyone have advice for shatter in the brick? Thanks!
Cheers FC

Edit: @Vapor_Eyes beat me to the point with some great advice :tup: cheers! I hope my post still helps haha.
try to evenly spread the shatter on top of the herb, or drop it right on top. This way it melts down onto the herb and actually keeps is from charring when it otherwise would have. You also can use a small concentrate pad but IME it's better on top of the weed. I don't like the sandwich method for these vapes because you quickly cook the top layer of weed before the shatter is fully extracted, and you end up with quite a mess.

lemmeadem

The four-jet that I use with the VapCap is doing me well, surprisingly, on its lowest flame intensity and covering the screen is all I need to do to actually have the vape be usable to my standards but there are times (when I'm on break from work and need to medicate because of a cluster headache/migraine) where covering the screen is too much bud for me.

I might just try a stainless cut-out and see how it goes but I'd also love if @StickyBricks could chime in on the possibility of an accessory to the effect of the 'chambers' or 'capsules', or even with a DIY situation of SBL's own division?

Also - a plug for the carb for the less dexterous would be awesome, Bricks! :D My hands have been pretty severely damaged and I have pretty limited mobility with regard to finger movement in my left hand and plugging the carb is painful for extended sessions. D:

All food for thought, I don't expect this to be a magic, "insert idea, idea is made" thread but crowd-sourcing knowledge/ideas/brainstorms is what FC's all about, right? :D Mad love to all the Brickheads out there. :p Don't forget to check out the Sticky Brick Jr. thread in New and Upcoming, guys - I've a feeling if you're not up to spend the extra on a Brick this sucker sounds like much the same experience for a more compact form factor and price.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the suggestions guys. :D I'm current on the thread and the Daisy thread and I feel like a lack of experimenting is all that's keeping these vapes from being the next modular FC community project (each of which yields countless little tips, tricks and hacks to create a more personalized vape experience for each user).

Has @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd heard about the Brick yet? I'm imagining a mouthpiece-brick-cum-bubbler.

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

You can load enough just to cover the screen and turn the flame on your torch up. This works great for me. It does take a little refining of your technique but it takes maybe one go to pick it up.

Also - a plug for the carb for the less dexterous would be awesome, Bricks! :D My hands have been pretty severely damaged and I have pretty limited mobility with regard to finger movement in my left hand and plugging the carb is painful for extended sessions. D:
Send me an email at productsupport@stickybricklabs.com with your info
And I will send out a plug for your carb to see if that helps you.

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I've tried a couple different things in the bowl area but didn't have consistent results. Elb's fit but didn't produce even roasting at all. Do not try the lava rock discs as they get too hot and will scorch the wood. Otherwise I haven't found a decent solution for a capsule type thing, but I'm open to suggestions.

GTA suggested cutting stainless to size, but let me assure you, it's not easy cutting stainless tubing. If you attempt this, get the thinnest wall possible and make sure your pipe cutter has a wheel specifically for stainless, then...good luck. 304 stainless will be easier to cut then 316L and you would need 5/8" OD tubing.

Last edited:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I have no issue with the size of the bowl as it is. I always get good results as long as there is enough material to cover the screen. I simply have to adjust heating/technique to suit my needs.
Because nothing is being cooked unless heat is applied, I think it is very efficient regardless of load size. If I put in more, I get more good hits (and I think more flavor anyway).

Love the Brick.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I saw @nondarb covering the carb holes on his lily and he said did it with rolled up ptfe tape, I bought some and it's worked really well. It sounds like @Slow Draw McGraw is sending out something that will look a lot nicer though. Which is very cool by the way, I'm curious what it looks like.

Enjoying the brick with some concentrates before bed! I am getting good results but think my herb to dab ratio could be off.. Anyone have advice for shatter in the brick? Thanks!
Cheers FC
I love throwing a square of shatter on top. I agree with @YungLeaner that it should go on top of the herb so most of it get's vaped first and the rest soaks into the top layer of the herb. For me the concentrate usually takes an extra second or two to melt and start producing vapor, so if it was in the middle I think the top herb would char while the concentrate melted and started to vape. Though when it's super sticky or a pain to put in somehow I'll attach it to a little nug and then put it in. Usually after my first giant tasty hit my herb is still pretty green and looks a little shiny. For me when doing this there's like a 40% chance of napping afterwards, it hits me hard. Man I want to go home and do this right now.....

sixstringsmash

So I'm out of green today and my guy won't be around until later tonight so I was just spending some time staring at my brick in quiet contemplation as I quite often do when an idea struck me. I have made what I believe to be a shoddy hydrobrick mod with just the use of a 14mm male to 18mm female adapter. I don't have any herb to test this with right now but a few dry draws are at least giving me good airflow and when I resupply later tonight I will test this even further. What I did is I just used a 14mm male to 18mm female adapter
u1V9CS4.jpg

This actually makes a very snug fit into the brick without even the use of the o ring. The 14mm end just goes right down into inner ring of the mouthpiece end of the brick and maintains a tight enough seal for good airflow. Here are some pictures of it set up
Ei4gl0P.jpg

Gm3SkbT.jpg

It's far from perfect. Although the airflow is good the hydratube is a little wobbly so you will need to hold it in place. The hydratube also blocks the vision of the heat intake so you will have to hit the brick sideways which isn't necessarily bad but it definitely feels weird to hold. Other than that this seems to be working very well so far but I still can't wait for the hydrobrick! :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I'm out of green today and my guy won't be around until later tonight so I was just spending some time staring at my brick in quiet contemplation as I quite often do when an idea struck me. I have made what I believe to be a shoddy hydrobrick mod with just the use of a 14mm male to 18mm female adapter. I don't have any herb to test this with right now but a few dry draws are at least giving me good airflow and when I resupply later tonight I will test this even further. What I did is I just used a 14mm male to 18mm female adapter
u1V9CS4.jpg

This actually makes a very snug fit into the brick without even the use of the o ring. The 14mm end just goes right down into inner ring of the mouthpiece end of the brick and maintains a tight enough seal for good airflow. Here are some pictures of it set up
Ei4gl0P.jpg

Gm3SkbT.jpg

It's far from perfect. Although the airflow is good the hydratube is a little wobbly so you will need to hold it in place. The hydratube also blocks the vision of the heat intake so you will have to hit the brick sideways which isn't necessarily bad but it definitely feels weird to hold. Other than that this seems to be working very well so far but I still can't wait for the hydrobrick! :)

AMAZING!

there anything that people consider the sticky brick daisy-like has improved over the daisy?

The hole itself can be nice for sticking stuff in or through, like lighter chains (if you keep those things on!), it has a magnet on the side for stirring utensils, an added o-ring setup to keep the metal insert from falling out and a less wobbly mouthpiece with an added o-ring. Theres also an additional magnet to support additional accessories/parts down the line :brow:! Stock screens aren't as ridiculously fine as the triihouse screens either so they don't clog any where as often. Performance is comparable, but the subtle improvements and altered aesthetics make it fun to own both. There are quite a few of us out there who do!

While we're sticking things where they don't belong I thought i'd share a goofy setup I cobbled together...

3a5b2c83c0.jpg

:science::science::science::science::science::science:
I saw @nondarb covering the carb holes on his lily and he said did it with rolled up ptfe tape, I bought some and it's worked really well.

Works excellently on the lilys tiny intakes but on the larger carb hole of the brick something more solid is preferable. These small corks are excellent for those who want to plug it up, I found it handy on the setup above but typically I enjoy using the carb. I think the mix of cool air helps even out the last part of the hit? I think @StickyBricks may be offering these corks through his store or included in future brick purchases (dont quote me on that), maybe @Slow Draw McGraw can chime in?

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I think @StickyBricks may be offering these corks through his store or included in future brick purchases (dont quote me on that), maybe @Slow Draw McGraw can chime in?
As of right now, they are not available in the store, but if everyone would like us to carry them, please let us know.
We have looked at the idea of including them with future Brick purchases.
I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far, lots of work going on the in Lab in all areas!
:peace:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
As of right now, they are not available in the store, but if everyone would like us to carry them, please let us know.
We have looked at the idea of including them with future Brick purchases.
I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far, lots of work going on the in Lab in all areas!
:peace:
I say include them, even if it means increasing the price a little bit. The Sticky Brick is a top tier vape so might as well go all out with accessories and give a top tier experience there too.

Not that I think SBL is doing a bad job now. I think the Brick comes with a great selection of accessories already and I personally have no need to plug the carb. I quite like using it in fact.

I think it's important to note that since a lot of people vape for medical reasons, including the carb plug would go a long way towards aiding accessibility for those whose dexterity might be impaired. That's reason enough to include it in my opinion.

Top Bottom