Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Anyone have a Cedar and wanna post pics/comment on taste?

I almost impulse bought off of PIU bc kinda regretting that there's no iroka left...

muunch,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I will second that a dirty sticky brick can lead to scorching and hot spots with the cut off airflow. Sometimes I don't realize how clogged the screen is or how dirty it's gotten under it. It happens gradually and sometimes it get's pretty bad before I notice the airflow really starting to be restricted. Cleaning it after that is like night and day and I can't believe I ever let it get so bad.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I was waiting for someone to post so I didn't have to double post...

I bought a Walnut direct from SBL today :) Super excited. I live just a few hours, so hoping shipping time will exceed estimations. I was also told I should ask for a tour by someone on reddit but idk about that

Any tips for when I get it in? This is my first butane unit. Mostly on a good torch and technique. I got butane and accessories down.

hinglemccringleberry

Is it coincidence that the Mighty dosing capsules fit absolutely perfect in the SBJ, like it was made for it? Or did the designer have this in mind? ;)
I finally tried one and it seems to slightly reduce the wood signature along with giving me more even cooking. The toothpick works great for flipping it during a session. The capsules are keepers in my book.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Is it coincidence that the Mighty dosing capsules fit absolutely perfect in the SBJ, like it was made for it? Or did the designer have this in mind? ;)
I finally tried one and it seems to slightly reduce the wood signature along with giving me more even cooking. The toothpick works great for flipping it during a session. The capsules are keepers in my book.
Do you use concentrates?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
holy.

this thing absolutely rips. I was planning on testing a little before work but 2 bowls of a pinch each got me way futher than anticipated. I was probably as close as you could get to combustion without ash on the first bowl... but, ya im gunna have to wait til later to really sit down.

anyway, I'm so absent-minded, I didn't get butane before it came and had to run out right after I opened the package so I could use it lol. Good thing there was a headshop open at 10am

hinglemccringleberry

Do you use concentrates?
Negative, I'm a flower only guy.
I've never once coughed with this vape. I've taken good size loads to the brink on the 1st hit, long draw, huge clouds, zero coughing. My battery conduction vape makes me cough all day under the right circumstances, but with this vape I've tried to induce coughing by hitting a fresh load as big as I know how without burning it, and it's just not happening- even after a 15-18 second draw. The Brick is just that smooth with flower.

No other vape out there has as much bang-for-your-buck performance. #convectionwinning

Last edited:

HD Springer

Man o man. I've been waiting for that fat jolly Saint Nick to squeeze that ample rump down my chimney but I just couldn't keep my self from having a great early Christmas.
I once said I couldn't wait for SB to bring their first design to market and although I'm way late to the game I'm so so so happy to be in the game. I made my self a little sick last night getting way too high. Way too high. I do have a personal top 3 strain but it's never never done this to me.
It knocked my Grandma friend flat on her ass. Also the other night. She actually turned it down the 6th time around. The sticky brick jr is an awesome vaporizer. I know that's no new news here but. Wow. As with all vaporizers it does have a couple draw backs but those are mainly just due to lack of stealth but who fucking cares. You get so fucked up before you leave you don't need anything for hrs on end. Nice real nice.
It's crazy how well my lungs due with straight convection. As soon as I introduce conduction I start coughing. Which sucks. Sorry for going on but I'm glad I'm part of the SB fam now. Peace and merry Christmas all.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I still get coughing, but it's really smooth. Also possibly the best flavor of any device I've used thus far. REALLY strong on the first few hits. Like, soaks my mouth in goodness type flavor.

Thanks SBL - my order was processed in like 20min when I ordered lol. I shoulda just drove over and picked it up though :lol:

Also, due to how easy it is to detect taste, I'm getting nearly perfect ABV every time. SUPER DARK where I normally don't roast even close to this dark, even in my underdog

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Also, due to how easy it is to detect taste, I'm getting nearly perfect ABV every time. SUPER DARK where I normally don't roast even close to this dark, even in my underdog
I have to say, the Sticky Brick Jr. as well as the rest of the SBL family of vapes is the best I've tried when it comes to flavor at high temps/full extraction. Probably because it is as close to 100% convection as you can get.

The last few hits are never as tasty as the first few, but you never get that burnt popcorn taste at all either. It just tastes a little more roasted at the end, it reminds me of dark roast coffee.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I was looking at a Maxx at first, because I doubt I'll be using this thing out and about much...and if I was, I'd just as well be able to bring a maxx lol... but I decided I like smaller and cheaper better than water filtration anyway.

I'd probably combust thru water. At least with my experience so far with jr.

I shouldn't have mentioned any other vapes in my previous post - especially a plug-in while this is a portable.
I just was noting that while I was previously able to get my ABV most consistently dark with my underdog, it seems easier with this. Meaningless anecdote that shouldn't be seen as a comparison bc apples and oranges.

Anyway. Really I just wanna know how its possible that this is so smooth...

Also! Custom glass! Wherrreeeee?! Either I'm bricked or I saw these before and don't remember exacts, anyone wanna help?

HD Springer

I'm enjoying the Maxx so much I just purchased a walnut Jr. Can't wait!!!

This is what I picked up. The walnut jr. I was a little skeptical because of the wood choice but I'm damn glad I went with the walnut. The looks of the darker wood really sets this thing off.

One thing I've noticed with the jr. is the "sweet spot" as far as the torch angle and length of flame make a big difference. I get good clouds and flavor almost with any angle or distance. But when you get it in that sweet spot the results are totally unbelievable. The ease at extracting your meds is off the charts. I just wish I could use it more. The biggest issue I'm finding is I have very little self control and I get tore up from the floor up.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
This is what I picked up. The walnut jr. I was a little skeptical because of the wood choice but I'm damn glad I went with the walnut. The looks of the darker wood really sets this thing off.

One thing I've noticed with the jr. is the "sweet spot" as far as the torch angle and length of flame make a big difference. I get good clouds and flavor almost with any angle or distance. But when you get it in that sweet spot the results are totally unbelievable. The ease at extracting your meds is off the charts. I just wish I could use it more. The biggest issue I'm finding is I have very little self control and I get tore up from the floor up.
Awesome! My findings are very similar with the Maxx. How difficult is it to change screens? I'm already wanting to swap one out of the Maxx. It just looks like it could be a hassle. Maybe there's a video to help a sbl newb like myself.

HD Springer

Awesome! My findings are very similar with the Maxx. How difficult is it to change screens? I'm already wanting to swap one out of the Maxx. It just looks like it could be a hassle. Maybe there's a video to help a sbl newb like myself.

I have yet to look into changing the screen out. But I'm hoping to just pry one side of the screen to the middle of the bowl and then up with it. Not sure about the replacing part of it. It seems every time I've opened the bottem part I'm too quick with refilling it. I've never taken a real good look into the bowl though. It's part of my lack of self control that I struggle with.

That maxx is really catching my eye though also. I'm not sure you'd "need" to have the whole family of SB but it almost seems like you'd be dumb to not have a couple at least.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
HapbjL.jpg

walnut jr looks good af. don't regret the walnut over cedar myself :) tritone brick would be cool for sure though

Kermitt

For the screen I take a needle. I poke it to the side of the screen, tilted it in, then I pull the needle up. When the screen is slightly raised, I take the tweezers to get the screen out.
Then I hold it with the tweezers and flame the screen with the torcher. Then remove the ash with the toothbrush, done.
When removing the screen, the brick is best with the opening down. So that when the screen is removed, no ABV can fall into the Brick

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Triihouse trick was to press into the center of the screen with a dull end of a tool so it would concave slightly, and then you can pry it out easier from the side too. That's what works for me, then you just bend it back flat when you take it out. I also hit my DaisyBricks dry with a dirty screen to get surprisingly decent size clouds while keeping it cleaner longer

Glad you're finally on this train @HD Springer... I still need to get a new Junior myself (+Hydro)

HD Springer

Triihouse trick was to press into the center of the screen with a dull end of a tool so it would concave slightly, and then you can pry it out easier from the side too. That's what works for me, then you just bend it back flat when you take it out. I also hit my DaisyBricks dry with a dirty screen to get surprisingly decent size clouds while keeping it cleaner longer

Glad you're finally on this train @HD Springer... I still need to get a new Junior myself (+Hydro)

Thanks Shits. I've been wanting one of these ever since I first seen them. And now that I've used the Jr. I realize that I've waited way too long. The looks of this when its all put up with the cap on is sweet as hell. Especially the looks of the walnut has a very professional look and feel to it. Not to mention the fact that your using it almost just like a normal pipe really so it gives you that look and feel to the combustion days. All the good things but without the shitty parts of combustion. I'm sure everything that I'm saying has already been said multiple times but I'm still thoroughly impressed.

imamcfatty

I'm an idiot and got a deep-domed screen stuck in the exit hole of the bottom brick. Whatever I do keeps pushing it down further. I have tried using a needle to pry it up, but the hole diameter is too small to get any leverage to bring it up. Anybody got any suggestions to get this thing out?

For now I can see it working as a flavor chamber by being able to place some different herbs, letting the hot air extract vapor as it exits. But eventually, this screen might get clogged from the bottom, making it harder and harder to suck air through, while also being difficult to clean.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm an idiot and got a deep-domed screen stuck in the exit hole of the bottom brick. Whatever I do keeps pushing it down further. I have tried using a needle to pry it up, but the hole diameter is too small to get any leverage to bring it up. Anybody got any suggestions to get this thing out?

For now I can see it working as a flavor chamber by being able to place some different herbs, letting the hot air extract vapor as it exits. But eventually, this screen might get clogged from the bottom, making it harder and harder to suck air through, while also being difficult to clean.
what about an angled pick tool or a custom bent paperclip? And some tweezers once you get it more accessible

Last edited:

HD Springer

What about a drill bit. Try it with your fingers. It should grab the screen and turn it if you get a big enough bit to just fit inside the bowled screen. Good luck.

imamcfatty

what about an angled pick tool or a custom bent paperclip? And some tweezers once you get it more accessible

http://imgur.com/a/nASQ8

I have tried bending a needle tip to use as an angled pick but the needle I used was too weak. Paperclips I had around the house have also been too thick.

What about a drill bit. Try it with your fingers. It should grab the screen and turn it if you get a big enough bit to just fit inside the bowled screen. Good luck.

I will try this soon! I have thought about using a drill to just drill a hole as a last resort but never thought about using just the drill bit. It seems like it could work pretty well.

I would use a dental pick tool. It has helped me get out of many screen mishaps.

I will try to get my hands on one to try this as well. Thanks for all the suggestions everybody! When I find a reliable way to remove the screen I think I will keep using it as a flavor chamber. I haven't actually tested it yet though, but will report back when I solve my problem.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
http://imgur.com/a/nASQ8

I have tried bending a needle tip to use as an angled pick but the needle I used was too weak. Paperclips I had around the house have also been too thick.

I will try this soon! I have thought about using a drill to just drill a hole as a last resort but never thought about using just the drill bit. It seems like it could work pretty well.

I will try to get my hands on one to try this as well. Thanks for all the suggestions everybody! When I find a reliable way to remove the screen I think I will keep using it as a flavor chamber. I haven't actually tested it yet though, but will report back when I solve my problem.
You might be able to push it out from the bottom, through the carb hole, with a curved paper clip.

Top Bottom