Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I'm an idiot and got a deep-domed screen stuck in the exit hole of the bottom brick. Whatever I do keeps pushing it down further. I have tried using a needle to pry it up, but the hole diameter is too small to get any leverage to bring it up. Anybody got any suggestions to get this thing out?

For now I can see it working as a flavor chamber by being able to place some different herbs, letting the hot air extract vapor as it exits. But eventually, this screen might get clogged from the bottom, making it harder and harder to suck air through, while also being difficult to clean.

There have been a lot of useful tips that might have solved your problem already.
If not there's one more (You likely not have the "tools" at hand though):

- Try a neodymium ball. They're pretty heavy for their size and volume. Insert it thru the carb hole, let it roll down to the air outtake where there screen is stuck, turn it upside down (gravity is our friend) and shake it a bit. This rattling should dislodge the screen. if one isn't enough just add a second one. They're magnetic and will attract each other. If handled correctly that comes to your favor - tag team power.:D

mKYf69YxKTotBGoZkdqODEA.jpg

You could also try out using a cleaning chain like this (or any other small and heavy enough object that would not get stuck when inserted)
gg9808__2.jpg

Make that ssssnake rrraaaattle :p

Good luck!

Last edited:

bobcool09

My SBJ came with one of the metal tools someone else has shown, and it is immensely handy to use. It came with my order from PIU, not sure if it's standard now for all SBJ or just from them. I used a wood pick for a couple weeks before I broke it, and I have since been using the metal tool and it is a large improvement. I use it not only to stir/empty the load, I also find it very useful for loading in small amounts of kief.
I rubbed my wood down with some wood butter, made for cutting boards and other wood objects in general. Its only two ingredients are beeswax and mineral oil, which I think is the same most other ones are made with. I applied it to the outside, the inside of the glass parts cap, and a bit on the surface that the hole for the pick is in. I did not do on anywhere between where the chamber separates from the rest. Is it advised to apply it there? I would think it would be most needed there, because of the repeated heatings drying it out. I'm thinking for my next application the horizontal surfaces of the two blocks that mate to form the chamber will be fine to put it on, but should I put it in the air/vapor path at all?
Thank you for any advice, I've been loving my brick. It is extremely fast, efficient, and simple.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I wouldn't put any beeswax etc in the vapor path but I guess that's up to your discretion if you know what you're putting on there is safe.

I haven't even rubbed mine down with beeswax yet, but I only bother doing the outside of my other vapes. I'll likely put all 3 pieces together and just do it like that when I decide to do my brick.

I also have a question though - do people ramp up to higher temps by getting the glass hot first? When I get a load down to most of the green removed, I lack the patience to wait to clear the last bit out and tend to just stick the flame a bit further in the intake. Is this bad at all? I haven't combusted yet, but I almost always end up with DARK DARK brown or slightly charred black (no ash, hence no combustion) abv.

hinglemccringleberry

I also have a question though - do people ramp up to higher temps by getting the glass hot first? When I get a load down to most of the green removed, I lack the patience to wait to clear the last bit out and tend to just stick the flame a bit further in the intake. Is this bad at all? I haven't combusted yet, but I almost always end up with DARK DARK brown or slightly charred black (no ash, hence no combustion) abv.
The important part is simply not combusting. As long as you dont combust, then its personal preference as to how much you want to cook your herbs.
I dont get the outside of the glass hot first. A guy earlier in this thread does that but im too lazy. I will jumpstart the temp by sticking the flame deep in the intake JUST for a split second at the beginning of a hit...maybe half a second. Then I back off and take the hit like normal.
And yes, I can end up with very dark AVB. I try to push it enough to extract everything without charring, but its tricky and sometimes i do char. It gets tricker when dealing with different ambient temperatures. Its winter here right now and sometimes I'm in a cold part of the house, sometimes not. That makes using 1 technique impossible. The technique is entirely dependent on ambient temperature.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ab3Vx

I had this idea during Christmas break. I think I need to make a delrin adapter to make it cleaner.

PS I'm posting from mobile and adding images isn't working

that looks nice. i think this would pair well with one of those grav labs helix pieces.

the @Ratchett silicone adapters may work for this. i will try in a few hours.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is how I've been using my beta Jr lately, since it doesn't have the improvements for visibility and I'm not great aiming its (again beta) bent intake (plus its larger bowl makes it tricky for me). Swapped in my Daisy intake and connected to water using a small bit of silicone and a whip adapter. Works rather well actually...

gENUa0P.jpg

But I still want to get a production Jr finally as soon as I can afford it (then a HydroBrick too)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I just like the other way as it's more comfortable for me and I can see the stem milk up easier.
Use it however you like of course :3

I agree about it being tons of fun. I hear people talk about microdosing with this, but I love to put like .1~.3 bowls in this thing and absolutely rip it

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Just got my Sticky Brick jr. Walnut - looks so nice and hits like a hammer on my first try!

Thank you so much, @vapen00b :tup:

Have to find the best way of heating for me. Guess there will be a lot of experiments! ;)

Thanks mate. You really made my day with your first test run report! :)
This thing hits like a train - very efficient, very strong. You're gonna love it!
Enjoy the learning curve :D

I'll still be around here of course - got a friend who recently acquired a Jr.. We already agreed that I can borrow it from time to time. And one day I'm gonna get the Maxx.. for special occasions! :D
Gotta love the Bricks!:peace:

duff

Well worn
My apology for the double post mods, but the thread had gone silent and I wanted to update my last post.
Please do as you see fit.

Ordered on Thursday 1.5.17 and received on Monday 1.9.17.

Rushed home from work like a total idiot, barely covered the screen with a medium ground blue dream and began my learning curve.

Bad news:
I was outside in 23 degree weather so I could see every breath I took.
This hindered me being able to read the success of my technique.

Good news:
Apparently my technique was pretty good because I am flying.

I got the cedar and I could definitely taste it. This however could be from overheating the glass as I tried different torch positions.

I did duck inside for one hit and was pleased with the volume of cloud it generated.

Testing will take a while because those couple of hits really pack a wallop.

Very impressed so far.

Last edited:

Pictish

Hi everyone. The SBJ has really caught my eye and attention. I love to look and workings of this little thing, do sticky brick labs deliver to Europe?, if so was delivery expensive and did customs give you any bother.

I can't seem to find a supplier anywhere other than the U.S & Canada

Top Bottom