Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

brucee10

Just picked this up from PIU during their Black Friday sale. Unfortunately they didn't sell any torches. Anyone have a good one I can pick up from Amazon and such?

Gonna add this to the rotation alongside my Grasshopper, Arizer Solo, MFLB, FlowerMate, etc.
Jesus, I'm such an addict :rolleyes:
I comes with a torch! You just need some butane.

brucee10

You're right! Looks like it comes with an Eagle torch. Should I pick up more of these or is there a small portable one here that people recommend
I personally prefer that my torches have a flame adjust that doesn't need a tool. I'm still hunting for my perfect single flame, but I do have a Xicar double flame that I love.

bobcool09

Just received my cherry Sticky Brick Jr. yesterday, purchased it on Black Friday from PIU. Super glad it came fast, I've been looking forward to it for so long. Here is an album of what I received.

Before I tried it with herb, I tried chamomile. Not a very good idea :doh:, I knew it wasn't too tasty but I just wanted to try my brick out. When I used my brick for actual herb, it had a distinctive taste of chamomile, which wasn't too good. I'm hoping with continued use it'll get seasoned and that taste will go away.
Anyways, it performed very well. I tore small bits off a nug and filled the bowl loosely to about the top of the bowl, and got 2 sessions of 3 hits and a 2 hit sesh. All great clouds, after the first sesh I peaked at the bowl and I was absolutely amazed by how green it still was.

One thing I modified about my brick before I even used it was I put a screen between the flame intake and the wood. I just stuffed one of the screens it came with down there and put the glass back on. I did this so I can carry it loaded and not worry about bits getting everywhere.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bag to keep a Jr. in to help contain the smell? I noticed that when I carry it packed it can still be smelt on my person, which I try to avoid. I think I'm going to try a 4inch x 6inch smell proof baggy from Interplanetary Development, but I'm gonna hold off for right now to see if anyone has a good suggestion.

I hope other people took advantage of black Friday deals and will be amazed by the SBJ as I have. I think my VAS is pretty well cured by this and my Vapcap, besides getting more Dynavap accessories of course haha:rofl:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Before I tried it with herb, I tried chamomile. Not a very good idea :doh:, I knew it wasn't too tasty but I just wanted to try my brick out. When I used my brick for actual herb, it had a distinctive taste of chamomile, which wasn't too good. I'm hoping with continued use it'll get seasoned and that taste will go away.
Glad you're enjoying your unit!

No worries my friend, the taste of chamomile will go away after a few flower bowls.

I personally don't have a bag or case I keep my SBJ in for smell proof purposes as I just throw it in my regular travel bag as is, but I'm sure others can chime in more on this.

:peace:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I am curious if any other have tried a screen in the intake like this, and if you could tell the difference.

Part of why I got some smaller screens for under the intake is that I found that the one I had put up in the metal ring actually started collecting abv fluff which apparently flies around up in there when hits are being taken. Having the screen between the glass and wood instead alleviates that, and might also reduce the charring of the wood right under the intake (but I can't tell now, as I already had some charring from before I did this.)

Thanks for this tip. I have put a screen here also prior to first use and I will let you know if it stops any charring in this area.

Who wouldn't want to keep this amazing looking vape as pristine as possible and possibly improve function too. Win win.

hinglemccringleberry

Don't want to have to go grab something to adjust your flame you say? ;)

2lkIlYX.jpg

FU5RDHF.jpg

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hola FC:
Junior is back in stock at @PuffItUp guys... as always a pleasure to deal with them...
I ordered the darkest more mono-tone Walnut possible...
I'm really excited about it...
Stay vaped...
Can't wait to hear your impressions my friend!

...I'm almost as anxious as you are.
Just received my cherry Sticky Brick Jr. yesterday, purchased it on Black Friday from PIU. Super glad it came fast, I've been looking forward to it for so long. Here is an album of what I received.

Anyways, it performed very well. I tore small bits off a nug and filled the bowl loosely to about the top of the bowl, and got 2 sessions of 3 hits and a 2 hit sesh. All great clouds, after the first sesh I peaked at the bowl and I was absolutely amazed by how green it still was.

One thing I modified about my brick before I even used it was I put a screen between the flame intake and the wood. I just stuffed one of the screens it came with down there and put the glass back on. I did this so I can carry it loaded and not worry about bits getting everywhere.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bag to keep a Jr. in to help contain the smell? I noticed that when I carry it packed it can still be smelt on my person, which I try to avoid. I think I'm going to try a 4inch x 6inch smell proof baggy from Interplanetary Development, but I'm gonna hold off for right now to see if anyone has a good suggestion.

I hope other people took advantage of black Friday deals and will be amazed by the SBJ as I have. I think my VAS is pretty well cured by this and my Vapcap, besides getting more Dynavap accessories of course haha:rofl:
If you are THAT guy...
(Which I'm not and smell like weed most of the time anyway)

I would say get some storz and bickel dosing capsules and a smell proof keychain

The capsules fit perfectly into juniors bowl.

They will also keep your vape tidy.

And you can load multiple capsules and go.

TheVapeler

Last week after a nice vape sesh with my Aroka junior I placed the lid back on and went to sleep happy and content. Only to wake up the next morning reach for my junior and sure enough there was a small crack in the intake tube...:( have no idea how it got there as I care for my vapes and treat them nicely but I realize glass can have a mind of its own sometimes. Anyway this was about 10 or so days after the warranty on the glass had ended and @allaboutthatvapor still reached out and offered to get a replacement intake sent to me! super thankful for that as I have not been wanting to use the cracked tube in case it got worse, but I would have gladly paid for a replacement and I madly appreciate the customer service they got going over at SBL!
:love:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
Thanks to @StickyBricks @PuffItUp @WakeAndVape videos...
SBJ is a really good vape.
You can get medicated as fast as you want...
Very nice signature...
Very very very tasty, but really nice tasty...
It does really well concentrates, any kind in my opinion...
Flowers of course, needs to get the technique first...
It has a little learning curve, nothing too hard...
You can put, adjust/mod, glass and screens...
Very unique and versatile...
Looks great...
Micro to huge doses, everything goes with care...
Did I say it's fast???
It still has certain signature aftertaste that belongs to the wood...
Trying to get rid of it, I went through several bowls, some to perfection, 90%, some hotspots, 5%, some charring, 4%, and the last one, pushing it to the next level, combustion, only ONCE, the last bowl...is it 1%??
After some Q-tip ISO, new SS screens and so, I believe the combustion smoke helps overtake the natural walnut taste...
Did an after combustion/full cleanup bowl, and it tasted cleaner and with a softer signature this time...
Can't wait to keep testing...
Single flame torch is working great in a low setting for me...
Stay vaped my friends...

Here are some pics from my Walnut SBJ ...

Standing tall next to EVO King, Jyarz container and 4stages grinder...
It is in the tall & wide side, but nothing too bad, probably version 2 it's going to be smaller????
gcFT3Pw.jpg

I'm using the MP switched, it came long stem inserted, I found it more comfortable having to aim from further away...
hGKpsxe.jpg

4R9gktI.jpg

Under the intake glass I shoved a SS screen, it helps mitigate the flame power maybe??? just guessing...
anyone can chime in??
gtEGpQJ.jpg

And on the other side too, inside the SS tube, I'm hoping it's creating some flame heat dispersion, I'm trying to avoid hotspots and charring, and of course combustion...
MMFkrNJ.jpg

When I open SBJ to check for hotspots or charring, and stirring if needed, I try to hold both halfs together like this, no worries to leave the hot intake laying around to burn something or get knocked and break, just a suggestion,
it's working great for me...
ftuSQa1.jpg

Now back to testing, winter is coming, snow is right there around the corner, happy to have new toys to play with...
Stay vaped my friends...
Someone mentioned microdosing prepack on the go capsules??? that would be killer IMO...
@WakeAndVape Links to cheapest available please???
Thanks in advance...

hinglemccringleberry

I was also wondering if screening the intake would give more even heat distribution and eliminate the need to stir. Havent tried it yet.
I did put a small screen directly under the mouthpiece stem and a tiny piece of organic cotton in the hole underneath that. It increases draw resistance but it pretty much eliminates particulates in the stem (and your lungs), and theres alot of em if you use the Junior "stock".
I just worry that running screens in the intake AND output side would result in way too much draw resistane.

And for those running the Mighty dosing capsules, do you remove the stock screen in the chamber for that? Or do you just plop the capsule right on top of the screen?

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
@Andreaerdna @WakeAndVape or anyone else, please, can you show me pics/videos of the dosing capsules being loaded and, in the round magazine and, fitting inside the SBJ?? Please...
Stay vaped...

Zangano Cruel,

pushpaw

Under the intake glass I shoved a SS screen, it helps mitigate the flame power maybe??? just guessing...
anyone can chime in??

I was also wondering if screening the intake would give more even heat distribution and eliminate the need to stir. Havent tried it yet.

I mentioned doing this a number of pages back, and totally recommend it. A 1/2 inch screen fits perfectly under the intake glass tube. I don't find that it eliminates the need to stir, but I don't mind stirring every couple hits anyway. What it absolutely does is make it more unlikely to accidentally combust, and that alone is worth the pennies that a screen costs. I had a couple friends who each combusted on their first try before I put a screen in, and nobody but me (pushing it super hard just to see) has combusted since I put a screen in there. I kind of think that SB should have a screen in there when they send them out.

After some Q-tip ISO,
You don't want to clean the wood with iso, it will dry it out. Just use a little warm water with a q tip.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The one single flaw I find with the Sticky Brick Jr is I keep spinning the mouthpeace the wrong way and snapping the toothpick. I mean it's totally my fault, but I just broke the 3rd one :doh:
I forget if someone said whether or not the classic metal ear pick cleaner things fit:
41TkemoRDTL._AC_UL115_.jpg

I would think so, pretty similar size and shape to a toothpick. Though... maybe the flat part is too wide....

Top Bottom