Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

MonkeyTime

Afternoon all,

Just put in my order for both a SBJ and Maxx, they're back in stock at PIU and Jake Rocks!!!

I'm about 1/2 way thru this thread and just starting the Maxx, and now with them on the way, really excited to catch up and read about everyone's techniques (talking to you @Bravesst & @WakeAndVape specifically).

**Edit - forgot to add, how do we think these will work in the winter? Can I leave it in the car with a torch? I generally don't like my wood in the cold, but this could be an exception!

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey Sticky Brick Family

We will be having a Black Friday Sale!!

Details:
- 20% off everything at www.StickyBrickLabs.com
- Free Intake and Mp for every OG Sticky Brick purchase (while supplies last.)
- Starts Black Friday 12am EST and ends on Saturday 12am EST.
- No special Code needed it will be automatic on the entire website.

We appreciate all the support everyone has shown us.

Have a great day everyone.

:peace:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Afternoon all,

Just put in my order for both a SBJ and Maxx, they're back in stock at PIU and Jake Rocks!!!

I'm about 1/2 way thru this thread and just starting the Maxx, and now with them on the way, really excited to catch up and read about everyone's techniques (talking to you @Bravesst & @WakeAndVape specifically).

**Edit - forgot to add, how do we think these will work in the winter? Can I leave it in the car with a torch? I generally don't like my wood in the cold, but this could be an exception!
Hope you enjoy! also keep an eye out for the technique post by @Vapor_Eyes it has a lot of folks raving.

As far as winter usage...it's a bit tricky.
Too cold and your torch will most likely not perform.

If it does I'd be wary of putting a hot flame up to a icy cold piece of glass...seems like crack city.

The wood being cooler may provide bonus cooling when inhaling...

So I would probably just keep the intake and torch in an inner jacket pocket to keep them relatively warm until it's time to use.

The winter is also good for torch vaping on the go because people don't have their windows open watching the surrounding.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
It's about 8 degrees Celsius where I'm at right now. Hits outside are a lot cooler, it's a bit harder to gauge how close to combustion you are. No issues for me tho. The cooler hits are much easier for me.
I might have to put away my butane vapes for a while tho as this new treatment I just started causes a lot of peripheral nueropathy ( numbness, burning, pain etc in hands and feet)

Hypno vaper

That sticky paranoia must be contagious..... I find myself checking the bowl every other hit swearing that I have just combusted, but nope it's just the sticky paranoia getting the best of me.
I have another little pet peeve..... every time I finish and dump the bowl, I turn over the bottom cap and blow into the carb hole a few times to help clear the screen, then I blow into the bowl in order to send any dust particles that went through the screen to the bottom can get blowed out of the carb hole. Am I the only one who does this?

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
That sticky paranoia must be contagious..... I find myself checking the bowl every other hit swearing that I have just combusted, but nope it's just the sticky paranoia getting the best of me.
I have another little pet peeve..... every time I finish and dump the bowl, I turn over the bottom cap and blow into the carb hole a few times to help clear the screen, then I blow into the bowl in order to send any dust particles that went through the screen to the bottom can get blowed out of the carb hole. Am I the only one who does this?
On FC you're never alone! ;)
Guilty! :D

Edit: I even enjoy playing the flute and tapping it for the rhythm :p

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Ok, just some quick thoughts on the SBJ that arrived today, great service PIU!!!

Looks as beautiful as I expected from all these pictures, I love it! Nice size and I seem to be able to push this one much easier than my Mi out of the box, I've been borderline combustion on every hit it seems lol. Nothing burned yet, but some Dark Chocolate ABV when I dump her.

Did run it thru water once just for the fun of it, really liked being able to see the flame, next time these old eyes puts on his cheaters or takes out his contacts before hitting it normally!

I'm sure I'm going to love it with first impressions like this......

Hypno vaper

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already but if anyone needs a carb hole blocker and hates the idea of tape, you can use the foam ear plugs. The cheap ones that you use on the plane or construction sites. Just squeeze and twist until they're skinny enough to fit in the carb hole, insert into hole and let it expand. Then just pull it out when you're done. Works perfectly.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already but if anyone needs a carb hole blocker and hates the idea of tape, you can use the foam ear plugs. The cheap ones that you use on the plane or construction sites. Just squeeze and twist until they're skinny enough to fit in the carb hole, insert into hole and let it expand. Then just pull it out when you're done. Works perfectly.
Are you finding that blocking the carb 100% of the time like that works better than fluttering it every few seconds like he does in the Youtube demos?

Hypno vaper

Are you finding that blocking the carb 100% of the time like that works better than fluttering it every few seconds like he does in the Youtube demos?

My findings exactly. It's all subjective but I keep the carb covered until I'm ready to clear it, no fluttering for me. The only thing I flutter is the flame up and down if that makes since.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Thank you for showing so much love FC Family!

Lw0tDlv.jpg

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
VAS is kicking strong in this one!!!
Can't wait for Friday...
@WakeAndVape
You rock bro... always keeping an eye on you ;)
Tell me something please,
Does the SBJ allows a 14M GonG in the MP hole??
I can't wait to blaze on this Jr...
I already have a mini-torch... bigger than a torch lighter but smaller than a Bath&Beyond regular crème brûlée torch.... with a lot of care and lowest flame & distance... any concerns about it??
I guess it's all about being careful right???
Flame distance from intake?? Right??
Thanks in advance and keep bringing it...
Stay vaped...

MonkeyTime

Black Friday couldn't come fast enough or at a better time!

So I've had my SBJ for a week now, she arrived the same day as my Maxx from PIU, outstanding service from Jake!

Unfortunately, the SBJ hasn't gotten a true fair shake yet, I've fallen in love with the Maxx!

I've used the SBJ a fair amount, much more than a first impression type situation, but I've yet to get to all the nuances because of the Maxx.

I've sort of fallen into a modified @Vapor_Eyes pattern, which I have found to be the most consistent formula for me with it. My changes are when I start to taste or feel the vapor, I don't speed up right away, I keep it consistent and back the flame off to ride her a little, then I go VE on her and increase the flame and drawspeed. I am roasting these loads down to nothing!

Early on I was probably running her a little too hot, and I probably still am :hmm: , but that will come with more use and play time.

The one thing that I truly believe in after using these is Butane as a heat source. I was originally put off by the thought and thought of the hot parts after use. But the Lotus almost got me and then the early talks of these got me thinking. A Milaana got the portable, instant convection need tattooed on my brain and here we are.

I find Butane to add enough moisture to the vapor to make a noticeable difference. I really like using it. I have not had a problem with heat or hot parts and it gives me yet another gadget to chase after (TAS, torch acquisition syndrome). For any of you considering but hesitant, or feeling it's something you know nothing about, it's actually much simpler than figuring out batteries lol! Go for it, I'm really glad I did!

The only two negatives I've encountered to day are the torch not working out of the box with this unit (one for the Maxx worked so I wasn't stranded, and I have more on the way in addition to the three I purchased locally) and yesterday I somehow broke the mouthpiece.

It was boxed up and I was about to leave when something in my hand shifted and I lost my handle on the case for a second. It never fell, I caught it within my hand, but an abrupt stop moved the lid. I didn't think anything of it at the time, except wow, that was close! A few minutes later I heard glass and found it snapped right at the 90. :cry: :doh:

I'm not sure if it will void my warranty or not, but I think I'm going to look into a way to mount a post on each end in the lid with two matching holes in the center top section. The lid as-is may keep the dust out and things from falling on the glass, but it doesn't protect during transportation, which is why I want the portable version! My lid is always upside down with the pick stuck to it when not in use, the pegs won't bother me there, could be a big help with protection though.

Tomorrow I'll be ordering backup parts for both units, I would have either way, I'm usually overstocked with anything I use for times like this.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you wonderful brickheads and especially the SB team here on FC for bringing us these incredible units :luv:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hola FC:
VAS is kicking strong in this one!!!
Can't wait for Friday...
@WakeAndVape
You rock bro... always keeping an eye on you ;)
Tell me something please,
Does the SBJ allows a 14M GonG in the MP hole??
I can't wait to blaze on this Jr...
I already have a mini-torch... bigger than a torch lighter but smaller than a Bath&Beyond regular crème brûlée torch.... with a lot of care and lowest flame & distance... any concerns about it??
I guess it's all about being careful right???
Flame distance from intake?? Right??
Thanks in advance and keep bringing it...
Stay vaped...
Thanks for the shot out....you rock too! that's why I bring people back to your ideas.

The mouthpiece hole will take a 14mm male to male, but I have only tried with a straight one and when paired with the intake it makes it visibly hard to aim the torch...so try something with a better angle than straight (unless your intended use favors it )

These are the most important variables when using the Mi (copied and pasted from a P.M.)

flame size and distance from intake

Dryness and potency of herbs.

Carb control

And draw speed.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@MonkeyTime
Your technique sounds interesting, I'll definitely try it out!

@Zangano Cruel
The mouthpiece hole does indeed accept a 14mm connection, it's not 100% perfect but it works. Here's a picture of a dropdown I tried for fun, it's not really functional with water but works as an alternative mouthpiece:

RJ6dNE8.jpg

The mouthpiece itself fits my 14mm female recycler perfectly, no modification necessary, and it functions wonderfully!

Pvs14Bz.jpg

What's that? You want a mini dab rig to take on the go? This is both fun and functional:

jM7GaNk.jpg

That's a 14mm banger with the heat intake from the OG Brick in the mouthpiece hole.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
So, thanks to puffitup for this little beauty...

I may get roasted for this, but i am putting this on a pedestal.

Ok, ok. It's really a shelf...but hear me out!

I have recently aquired a Ddave mod for my milaana and a new vape in the form of a focusvape adventurer, so lots of toys to play with and experiment with, plus a ti vapcap version 2, so testing against version one etc. So many new toys that all arrived around the same time. Lucky me.

Basically, theres so much right there, i feel i wouldn't give this the attention it's due.

As crazy as it sounds, this is the vape i am most keen to try, so I am putting it on a pedestal (...shelf) and it is there waiting for me for when I feel like trying a new vape. When i feel the need for something new and completely different, it will be there ready and waiting.

I do like to have something to look forward to, and this is truly something I look forward to.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
@MonkeyTime
Your technique sounds interesting, I'll definitely try it out!

@Zangano Cruel
The mouthpiece hole does indeed accept a 14mm connection, it's not 100% perfect but it works. Here's a picture of a dropdown I tried for fun, it's not really functional with water but works as an alternative mouthpiece:

RJ6dNE8.jpg

The mouthpiece itself fits my 14mm female recycler perfectly, no modification necessary, and it functions wonderfully!

Pvs14Bz.jpg

What's that? You want a mini dab rig to take on the go? This is both fun and functional:

jM7GaNk.jpg

That's a 14mm banger with the heat intake from the OG Brick in the mouthpiece hole.
Hola FC:
@WakeAndVape @Vapor_Eyes
Thanks a lot...
Can't wait to have a walnut JR with capitals...
I always prefer battery portables, but Okin & SBL JR kicks my VAS in a way like the VapCap too...
Something about old school combustion that's in me... Trying to keep it on the dl of combustion with this amazing forum since 2010 as a lurker, FuckCombustion rules...
And all the lurkers and members and staff rock it
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias...
Stay vaped my friends...

vapeape77

Yo brickheads, happy green Friday, Should be some nice deals out there today to pack the Jr with, shops selling $10 mid shelf 1/8th!

I am curious, how many out there actually use the carb hole? I would prefer no hole so I can grasp it how I like, maybe @StickyBricks could consider this next time around?

Anyway, still on a quest to find the perfect lighter for the Jr...... seems it will be never ending......

Top Bottom