1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Slow Draw McGraw, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

Finally caved into the VAS and ordered myself a Walnut SBJ.

Should imagine i'll have it in time to spend friday night getting to grips with it!

Will def be keeping an eye out for discount codes to pick up a set of the Mighty dose capsules in the sales.

2. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

So the dosing caps made by Storz and Bickel fit in the SBjr?

3. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

yourtokingbuddy likes this.
  4. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

Yes, they do! ;)

yourtokingbuddy likes this.
  5. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

@Slow Draw McGraw - really starting to love my SB Jr. I used it sporadically after getting it a few months ago, but not regularly. Lately, I have upped my usage and long with it has come well needed confidence in operating it to full extraction without charring.

I can't describe it, but I do think that if a person just uses it a bit, it become fairly intuitive.

I'll say this...I am getting really big clouds out of my SB Jr (huuge...really huuge clouds, actually). Its a fast extractor in my book and a full extractor if used correctly.

Its my go to, need a quick pain session in the middle of the night so I can go back to sleep, vape since my GH died and has apparently gone into RMA purgatory.

7. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I feel like there should be a name for that moment when you check your bowl thinking it's charred or done and it's still green. I love seeing people talk about that in posts and I love that it still happens to me sometimes.

8. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

@Baron23 I agree 100. I was using my Mighty almost exclusively for two weeks. I came back to th SBJ and forgotten the flavor, efficiency and the size of clouds. Most importantly I could fast extract like you explained. As a medical user that is very important. Now I keep it ready at all times. You never know.

@StormyPinkness Maybe call it some kind of sticky term. Maybe “Slow Draw” in honor of @Slow Draw McGraw.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

I kinda think it's just a part of getting "bricked" !

I use my Maxx much more than my SBJ, out of convenience, but it's the same story......... "no way I didn't at least char that load........I'll be damned, just a faint darker spot"

Love it!

10. Evilevile

Evilevile Active Member

I have asthma and I find that the SBJR literally takes my breath away. I suppose it's because of the physics: the heat of the torch or the fact that it's analog and it's not really 'feeding it' to you with force.

I still love it, though.

11. Megaton

Been hawk eyeing this thread for all the tips and tricks whilst i await my brick.

It should turn up tomorrow. Beside the mighty capsules, does anyone have any starting tips for a noob?

12. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Something I like doing is „flipping“ the mouthpiece (not turning, flipping) because it increases your face:flame intake ratio a bit - to me that’s nicer.

13. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

@Megaton id personally start with the SBJ without the capsules to get the hang of it. It seams a little better on efficiency with a grind and a small little bit to cover the screen than with the capsule. Hit that shit Raw son.. The capsules help getting hits easier but you do get some spots.

14. Megaton

@Kurtdigglur thanks! I dont actually have the capsules yet, so ill be going native regardless for now!

@Phenix thanks! Wouldnt have thought to do that!

15. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Pick a torch lighter to try and stay with it for a bit. If after some experience with it, you want to try a different config of torch lighter (e.g. three small flame torch instead of longer single flame torch) then move on. But it takes a bit of time to learn how a specific torch will interact with the SB so IMO it pays to stick with one until you master it with the SB or decide move on and try a different torch.

I have a number of four and three flame torch lighters I got from/for my VCs. They work nice but I have zoned in on using a old Dupont single flame cigar lighter I have and I have learned very quickly exactly how to use this lighter with the SB and its a bit different than the multiple flame ones.

Just my suggestion.

16. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

@Megaton , I'd agree with leaving the capsules to start......and try this.....

17. Megaton

@Baron23 good shout! I have a few torches from my VCs too, was thinking my single flame Honest would be a good place to start.

@MonkeyTime thanks some great tips there!

Irish vaper, Baron23 and MonkeyTime like this.
  18. yourtokingbuddy

yourtokingbuddy Member

This was my experience with Eagle lighters and Zico. I finally ponied up $10 for a lighter (Scorch Torch) and have been happier for it since. Sometimes lighters just die due to the piezo being out of line but I've not been able to realign mine with success. Otherwise for something that gets used like for a Brick, it's worth the extra little investment I've found.

19. Megaton

I received my brick! This little guy is beautiful!

One quick question though- the finish around my bowl seems quite rough, and looks like herb could get caught in there, is this normal?

Damn, how does one embed pictures here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  20. Dynavaper

Fixed that for you:

[​IMG]

and: No - That is not normal and mine is not that rough... And I have two of them.

21. Megaton

Ahh thank you @Dynavaper what was i doing wrong?

Ok i might email @StickyBricks directly and see what they say.

22. Dynavaper

You posted the link that IMGUR supplied to you, but that does not work here most of the time. I went to the address, right-clicked the (maximized) image and copied the link from there.

It looks as if finishing wasn't perfect with that one. It will surely not make a big difference in usage (besides possible weed getting stuck), but it just does not look as beautiful as it could be. I am sure Sticky Bricks will take good care of you. Nice people there!

23. Megaton

24. Dynavaper

This is how it should look like instead:

[​IMG]

25. Megaton

@Dynavaper i thought so! Whereas mine is much rougher not smooth at all, which may make it tough to get material in the bowl and not caught round the edges.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors