1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Slow Draw McGraw, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

ambertrichome likes this.
  2. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

If you own a mighty the SB makes an awesome combo.

[​IMG]

3. Megaton

Nice!

I only a Vapcap M and a Divine Crossing gen 2, the SBJ will be my first "big boy" vape. But the V.A.S is real!

4. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

That looks convincing, guess now i have to try out the Capsules in my jr this evening. All for science :science:

ambertrichome and Kurtdigglur like this.
  5. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

@Doktor Dub With the dosing tabs the SBJ is so fast at delivering. Be careful I found it easy to combust because you can feather the carb after you stop the lighter. So do a quick burst. Only thing I don’t like is takes away part of my stirring ritual.

6. Mushroomturtle

Mushroomturtle Smokeless and alcohol-free

Yes, the Brick is the only vape that I actually enjoy the stirring procedure. All others are just a hassle.

Hogni, ambertrichome, paehtod and 4 others like this.
  7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of my personal need for dosing caps (DCs, yeah haha) with my Jr.

I also don't mind stirring this vape because its so easy and I also generally don't mind cleaning a screen once in a while.

Question, I have not had my SB Jr for that long and really just recently sort of became one with it and I'm having great results. Replaced my GH (which is on RMA...what a surprise) for that very quick 2 am, "oh shit that hurts", session LOL

So, my question regards changing out the screen. May I assume you just dig it out with a pointy thingy like with any pipe and then just press another screen (or the OG but cleaned) into place? Nothing more than that, yeah?

Thanks and I really am enjoying my Jr these days.

8. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

I use the back end of a s&b brush and first push the screen down at the center to make it concave and reduce the diameter a bit, then it comes out easy. Just torch the screen and brush it off is enough most the times.

paehtod, SloJimFizz, Whissmu and 3 others like this.
  9. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

Yea it’s almost like bragging. You open the bottom piece stirring it after a massive hit and it’s still green as you’re grinning.

10. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

+1

I think the same, is the only vape that I enjoy stirring! i tester the capsules but they take away part of the enjoyment :goon:

Sometimes life gives you to choose: above Moga Ram, in the middle White Cookies and down Double Glock :rockon::rockon::rockon:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ambertrichome

ambertrichome Well-Known Member

I use a cable tie through the carb. It’s really easy and results in nil damage to screen.:2c::sherlock:

12. Used2use

if i may add another :2c: - i worry more about scratching the bowl walls when removing/inserting the screen than damaging the screen ;).
    Bending it (gently, not pushing it down complete) a bit downwards in the middle decreases the diameter and makes it easy to get out and in - after it's cleaned i also rebend it a bit before inserting it with the 'nipple' facing up this time, then it can be gently pushed down back to flat and it's seated perfect.

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Great idea...got them here and will give that a try. That's what I was looking for...a way to get it out with out dinging it up by picking it out with a needle or the like.

Thanks

14. Evilevile

Evilevile Active Member

Hello FCers,

First post. I have searched far and wide and can't find a proper answer to my dilemna.

I've run out of my nice little SBJ stock toothpicks.

Does anyone know a good source to replace the toothpicks?
    I don't want to buy 500 toothpicks of the wrong size.
    What have you found to work best as a replacement?

What measurement am I looking for? Thanks.

15. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

Hey, look at this post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/s...-sticky-brick-labs.22355/page-58#post-1188038
    I bought the same toothpick, work great , thanks @Whissmu ;):tup:

Evilevile, Whissmu and StormyPinkness like this.
  16. Megaton

Where is the best place to get a Sticky Brick Jr in the UK at the moment? Namaste vapes have them for £119.95, but is there anywhere else that has them cheaper or has a good coupon code on at the moment? Or am i best off waiting till the 4/20 sales? The V.A.S is strong and the trigger finger itchy!

StormyPinkness, Phenix and Jcette12 like this.
  17. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

I had say wait til 420 sales start.
    Alternatively think about ordering from stickybricklabs directly - shipping may be costly tough (+VAT, antagonist of VAS)

StormyPinkness and Megaton like this.
  18. Megaton

@Phenix the price is def good on their website, but the international postage brings it above the price Namaste vapes have it at.

Looks like i'll (anxiously) await the sales!

StormyPinkness likes this.
  19. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

Recently discovered in many Chinese bazaars (here called Chinese store) a carburetor cap replacement to price of 0.70 cents x 6 units, does not have the same quality as the originals but they fulfill their function and respect the aesthetic, I'm resorting to his replacement often ... I show you some comparative photos below;

-in this photo-> original cork stopper
    [​IMG]

-in this photo-> of original cork cut to 40%, I always cut them for my SBJ because they end up breaking quickly and flush with the Wood
    [​IMG]

- in this photo-> cork stopper low-cost
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I need to take advantage of those empty recipients...

20. yourtokingbuddy

yourtokingbuddy Member

I really like using these brushpicks. They have a poker end and a brush end which helps with both stirring and cleaning. The brush end fits nicely in the toothpick holder, providing just a little resistance to it falling out without making it difficult to pull out when you need to stir or clean.

The container it's sold in has a little slot that's great for only getting 1-2 out at a time without taking up much space in your stash box. For $6, 275 of them should last you almost as long as the SBJr will on its own. Happy bricking!

https://www.amazon.com/Brushpicks-250-6822-275-Count/dp/B000P1TYEM

Edit: Bonus pro tip - these are great for pulling out the Storz + Bickel dosing capsules by just stabbing the poker end into one of the holes of the capsule and lifting out at an angle.

StormyPinkness, Phenix and Evilevile like this.
  21. Evilevile

Evilevile Active Member

Double post of money saving knowledge! WOW, Thanks guys. :evil:
    Add that to best of SBJ

I found those brushpicks on Amazon.ca and added to my cart for next purchase.

I recently upgraded my lighter from the stock one (useless) to one that looks the same just twice as large. Chain and cap all the same. Holds way more liquid and has a bigger flame. Works way better.

I'm still thinking I should try out a triple flame for the 'immediate vapors.' What do you guys think? Single or multi-flame?:worms:

22. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

FYI-Tops cigarette filters also fits perfectly in a bind but the cork looks better

paehtod and StormyPinkness like this.
  23. yourtokingbuddy

yourtokingbuddy Member

I've got a triple flame lighter that I call The Extractor. I like my single flame for nice lower to medium temp hits, but if I am gonna everything out of a load that's already partially spent, this is what I go to when I want to make sure that that load is *done*, or if I just want a super fast heatup time.

Both have their own uses but I definitely have to be more careful with the triple flame than the single.

Evilevile and Megaton like this.
  24. Evilevile

Evilevile Active Member

My torch stopped igniting. I don't understand torches but it's almost as if the flint broke. Maybe it's a coincidence but this happened after I relieved the torch of its chain and cap. I tried purging and refilling: wasted some butane there. I wish was there was an easy way to fix this.

Looks like I'll be buying another torch or two today. :rip::2c:

25. Used2use

Have u tried bending that little piece of wire in the nozzle a bit? It needs a little gap to create a spark.
    If the piezo itself is broke maybe this tutorial helps

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors