StemPod by MPL

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello! I want to share that flavour in my Stempod depends a lot of the mod. I was using arcticfox with a wismec predator in Tc modr and flavour was off with a metallic aftertaste, unpleasant for me. I am now using an ijoy pd1865 in wattage mode set at 50 w with stock coils and flavour is almost as good as my milaana so I am very happy right now. My theory is that severe fluctuations in coil temp can destroy flavour and mods that are not very accurate regulating power do not work as they should. With solid electronics performance rises and I think a mechanic mod would give best flavour with the addecuate coils.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Because mech mods are just a battery directly connected to your coil(s). There's no protection at all. So if you short the coil, you short the cell (and it can enter thermal runaway mode, and vent or worse explode) There's no over-current protection, no under-voltage protection, no weak cell detection... so you can exceed your cell capacity and damage it quite easily without even noticing.

To use mech mods you must really know what you are doing. Since you are most likely using SS coils, their resistance will change whenever strands touch (they are not contact coils like with kanthal or nichrome etc, the windings can't touch) so one moment you can be fine and the next one your resistance is halved and you're drawing too much current out of your cell etc.

On top of that, there are a lot of poorly designed cheap mech mods that are just metal tubes and they lack proper venting. That creates literally pipe-bombs and that's how most of the reported accidents happened (you know, the gory pictures where the guy had most of his teeth ripped out, or half the face burned... or severed fingers etc)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'd say it depends on your build. If you have a coil that draws 100W of power when your cell is full then it's going to glow very fast and very bright, possibly to the point of vaporizing if it's a super thin wire (but the same would happen in VW mode if you set the power to 100W)

Running that same setup submerged in e-liquid would probably prevent that overheat condition.

almost there

Decided to be a little bit adventurous and been trying TC on my own without depending on @HerbieVonVapster 's DNA profiles. So far it's been a super fustrating 2 days with no progress. Just to be sure I don't wimp out I transferred the stempod to my tesla punk mod where the interface is super simple. I have the default claptons and started with TCR 215 which I realized was far away from where it needs to be. Eventually increased to TCR 290, 60W, 420F last night and still got nothing. The coils start to glow right before the 10sec time out and pulsing the trigger just starts the whole process over again. The material gets a nice even roast and there's some nice scents generated but zero vapor.

Should I keep bumping up the TCR to the 300's? Mod and Stempod both seems fine but just haven't been able to get the combo to work together:hmm:

PoopMachine

Went back and tried my StemPod again recently. Now on my new modbox Im getting "Atomizer Short" which is the same thing I was getting on my last modbox. It worked a couple of times and now this.

Any suggestions? I dont see anything obvious looking at the coils.

PoopMachine,

Evilevile

16pcpj.jpg

I love my baby. The stock Aegis Legend TCR 215 setting works GREAT. I don't even need to bother with firmware, other than updating it for the battery fix.

No more frying my coils as fast with wattage mode. Just happy that I could figure something out, and have it be a daily driver alongside my sbjr once again.

Evilevile

@Brisirg
Right now, either Samsung 30Qs or LG HG2s from Illumn. I also use an e-cig, so they take turns in matching pairs, wearing them out faster.
I find that the LG HG2 has more power but drains quicker, while the 30Q has less power but lasts longer.

I get about 6-8 packed joints or 8-12 hats before I decide it's time to change the batteries. I will pay better attention next time and come back with a more accurate number.
They don't work as well or last as long as they did brand new, and are getting to be a few months old, so I'm looking for some new ones.

FCers Are there any new improved 18650s out now that are better than the ones I mentioned?
Does anyone know the best ones out right now? Sony VTC6A or something? I don't care I'll pay the price for a really good pair.

Last edited:

fogbank

@Brisirg
FCers Are there any new improved 18650s out now that are better than the ones I mentioned?
Does anyone know the best ones out right now? Sony VTC6A or something? I don't care I'll pay the price for a really good pair.

I made my Sony VTC5A purchase based on this:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/why-do-people-prefer-sony-vtc4-instead-of-vtc5-or-vtc6.300938/

"The VTC4 was the long standing King of the realm the VTC5A has taken over, it is a 20 to 23amp CDR battery able to be flexed and pushed toward 28amp CDR, and has 2100mah to last a while"

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
I managed to chip the end of the glass mouth piece for the stempod. Any recommendations on European shops to buy a new one. Dans shipping cost is high for a small item.

Cilleire,

Hippie

My favourite mouthpiece is actually sold as an 18mm whip and water pipe adapter
I think it cost me £7 from eBay but most places that sell glass and adapters usually have something similar

Evilevile

I managed to chip the end of the glass mouth piece for the stempod. Any recommendations on European shops to buy a new one. Dans shipping cost is high for a small item.

Shop.lamart.ch EU all Tubo mouthpieces work perfectly with the Stempod. If you contact the owner, he can usually ship it for cheaper if it's just something small/light, like a single mouthpiece.

I'm looking forward to the new wood stem prototype I'm seeing on Dan's IG.

Evilevile,

TNT_error

@PoopMachine what mod are you using? I'm not sure what's up with it, but it could be the wrong mode? I was using my SP in ss316 mode and got a similar message, but have no issue in tcr

TNT_error,

PoopMachine

@PoopMachine what mod are you using? I'm not sure what's up with it, but it could be the wrong mode? I was using my SP in ss316 mode and got a similar message, but have no issue in tcr

An RX300 running AF. It was working on both TC and wattage mode. Well, the mod fired. Ive never seen any vapor from this device.

Now I get get "Atomizer Short"

This is seriously the most frustrating vape Ive ever owned. Ive had zero success with it. I feel like its my fault by I dont know what else to do. In wattage mode it produced nothing, I bought a new mod and it produced nothing and now it says "Atomizer Short". And yes, the coils were glowing red.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: TNT_error

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
An RX300 running AF. It was working on both TC and wattage mode. Well, the mod fired. Ive never seen any vapor from this device.

Now I get get "Atomizer Short"

This is seriously the most frustrating vape Ive ever owned. Ive had zero success with it. I feel like its my fault by I dont know what else to do. In wattage mode it produced nothing, I bought a new mod and it produced nothing and now it says "Atomizer Short". And yes, the coils were glowing red.

If you want to ship the unit back to us, I can take a look at it and see if there's a hardware issue

supershredderdan,

PoopMachine

If you want to ship the unit back to us, I can take a look at it and see if there's a hardware issue

I may take you up on that. I SO want to use this thing.

Is there anything I can check that could be causing the Atomizer Short message? My Sai does that on one mod box but not others so pin issue or something?

PoopMachine,

TNT_error

You could try tightening the pin, if you haven't already. That's all I know lol my bad

Last edited:
TNT_error,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
I may take you up on that. I SO want to use this thing.

Is there anything I can check that could be causing the Atomizer Short message? My Sai does that on one mod box but not others so pin issue or something?

Yeah try tightening and loosening the center pin, also check the coils are not touching any metal on the deck or each other

supershredderdan,
Whew! I have had mine sitting aside for a few weeks to air out while I tested the iHeat and Splinter. I got it back out today and that smell is just never going to go away. Too bad, I got it working pretty well in plain wattage mode but I just can't take the smell. It takes everything away from the experience. It has obviously faded considerably because the wife didn't complain and it didn't smell too bad when I first picked it up. However, after I fired it up.... P.U. No way I can use this.

I will contact @supershredderdan and see if I can get a refund. If he says no, I'll post it in the classifieds.

Hackerman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I’ve been slacking on this one and just now checking in. Last night it was stellar with a couple wismec mods on tcr 240, 40 - 60 watts and 400f - 450f.

Dan, I’ve got the original ss coils, right?

You guys let me know if you think I’m missing something!

Top Bottom