StemPod by MPL

@Summer I am using a bunch of different stems with mine. It's great that a standard 19mm fits it.

This morning I am testing the whip from my Extreme Q and it is kickin' ass.

@sickmanfraud I find it's cheaper and easier to have 2 mods vs a mods and extra batteries with a charger. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other I suppose. LOL Player's choice. The Wismec will be my first replaceable battery mod so I'll find out which I like better. All my other mods have fixed batteries.

Hackerman,
Reactions: BigJr48

b0

Cloudy...
Has anyone been able to set it up so the coil doesn't glow and still vapes nicely? I can make it vape amazingly well, but coil gets red on high temps

almost there

Has anyone been able to set it up so the coil doesn't glow and still vapes nicely? I can make it vape amazingly well, but coil gets red on high temps

My coils glow a cherry red at 40W after 5 seconds, folks are vaping closer to 50 W with the claptons. I'm a bit too novice and nervous to want to risk the higher power. When I was first dialing in the Tubo the one rule I kept hearing is don't have the coils glow.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Still need to dial in the hit. A little harsh. Still smells like ass..... but a smaller, somewhat cleaner ass. Still pulls off the sleeve when I pull the stem.

I found removing the inner gasket solved the issue of pulling the sleeve off the addy.

@sickmanfraud I find it's cheaper and easier to have 2 mods vs a mods and extra batteries with a charger. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other I suppose. LOL Player's choice. The Wismec will be my first replaceable battery mod so I'll find out which I like better. All my other mods have fixed batteries.

I feel that getting the inexpensive wismec sinuous p80 for travel worked perfect. You can read my reviews and post on it. Basically the side fire with cruise and size is perfect for on the road. Just load sur_evic for cruise feature.

Then get a DNA250c for home use. I have starting use the lost vape paranormal dna250c more with the stempod on these higher wattage coil. Really is a great combo. For under $100 bucks for the mod I feel it's worth the cost.

The older DNA 75/250 are still an awesome chip.
Theres no replay, you need to use escribe to change settings. It's a non color screen etc, that I feel makes the C a better choice.
But if strictly looking at just the performance it's really close/same to the c chip in TC mode. I still use the DNA250 with iheat and enjoy that combo a lot. Also some great clearance deals and price can be found.

Just started playing with replay feature. I do like it but reserving my thought on it till I have used it more.

I had a another great camping trip with the DNA250c and stempod with the hive coils.
I'm home I'm so giving the clapton XL a try. At the wattage Dan listed didn't think would be that good with the 1 battery wsmec.

Decided to start with the DNA mod instead. Getting the right material file for DNA normally involves trial and error.

You would think it be simple. You enter in 316L SS and should work. Problems is thats quality of the 316L wire itself plays into the outcome.

With advancements these chips are getting better at reading the difference. I feel the quality differences both good and bad are then amplified. You can get some dialed in perfect hits or complete shit hits depending on wire quality and what wire material csv file or TCR you are using.
Here is a interesting read on the subject.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65874-ss316l-help/

Last edited:

Hippie

My 26/32 SS super clapton 4.5 wraps around the 6x2mm stick coils don't glow at temp when spaced evenly.
It's springy wire that needs regular maintenance tho as the coils move and hot spots start to appear with normal usage as it heats and cools.
Performance is about where I want to be. Great for tooting on slowly for 5 mins or you can turn up the heat 20 degrees C and rip it in 3 draws if you want.
Next up will be 24/32 and 22/32 claptons (fatter centre wire), hoping for less spring and better battery life.

asdf420

I feel like the battery life isn't enough even with my RX2/3 and notch coils. so an rx300 is probably worth it.
one day i'll find the motivation to install the one backup of clapton coils i have. i ruined the 1st pair of notch coils i got by messing with them after they had gotten too hot, and with the 2nd one, i trimmed too close and now they're not quite over the air intake holes. had trouble positioning them and keeping them from moving around when tightening the screws.

Last edited:
Thanks @Summer I just ordered one. After all the discounts and coupons, the total cost with free shipping was only $23. Quite a deal. They were out of Samsung 25R batteries so I'll have to pop over to eBay and grab 4.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I don't have a charger. Is it OK to charge your batteries in the box mod itself? Or, is it better to have an external charger?

I'm not concerned about swapping or convenience because this is the only box mod I have that uses removable batteries. For ease, I would just prefer to charge them in the box mod, itself. Is that bad?

Last edited:
Hackerman,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Which discounts and coupons?

Do you mean the US Store and US Warehouse codes? What's the difference?

Last edited:
Hogni,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
They were out of Samsung 25R batteries so I'll have to pop over to eBay and grab 4.

Bad idea! Avoid ebay, amazon, dhgate, aliexpress etc. for cells. There are genuine ones on Fasttech with slow shipping, otherwise you should really stick to the reputable sources plastered every 2 pages in all threads dealing with 18650's.

If you have a multi-cell mod, try getting 30Q's or HG2's instead, you'll get more run-time.

Which discounts and coupons?

Do you mean the US Store and US Warehouse codes? What's the difference?

I selected USWarehouse (I am in the US) and used the code "USWAREHOUSE" plus I used 200 'bonus points' that I got for signing up on the web site (which you have to do to make a purchase anyway).

I am a 'ship it today' kind of guy and they won't ship for 3 days. :( Still, at that price, it's tough to beat. Thanks again to Miss Summer.

Bad idea! Avoid ebay, amazon, dhgate, aliexpress etc. for cells. There are genuine ones on Fasttech with slow shipping, otherwise you should really stick to the reputable sources plastered every 2 pages in all threads dealing with 18650's.

If you have a multi-cell mod, try getting 30Q's or HG2's instead, you'll get more run-time.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I notice the Samsung 30Q's are available in 15A or 20A. Is there a preference there for our use? I ASSume the 15A simply lasts a little longer and 20A pushes a little harder??? Yes?

Thanks again

EDIT: Anyone have coupon codes for FastTech.com? TIA

Last edited:
Hackerman,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Nope they are listed 15A by Samsung, as they tend to leave larger safety margins, but they are under-rated. The cell is actually 18A CDR, on par with HG2 and VTC6. Contrast that to Sony, who tend to over-rate their cells by specifying non-standard test conditions (only valid if you have a temperature cutoff before 80°C mounted directly on the cell, which nearly all products lack)

PS: if you go with Fasttech double-check that the product title includes the word "authentic" or "genuine" otherwise everything else is counterfeit.

Last edited:

foggyent

I'm considering getting either the Bronze Wismec DNA 250 or the Lost Vape Mirage 75c. I can't decide if I want something bigger, or more portable. Can anyone confirm that the StemPod fits on the Mirage?

foggyent,

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I'm considering getting either the Bronze Wismec DNA 250 or the Lost Vape Mirage 75c. I can't decide if I want something bigger, or more portable. Can anyone confirm that the StemPod fits on the Mirage?
It will work with both but these dry herb 510 atty's suck power so I'd reccomend the wismec. Isn't the mirage a single 18650 where as the wismec is three batteries? It can be done but personally I would not go with anything less than a 2 battery mod.

foggyent

It will work with both but these dry herb 510 atty's suck power so I'd reccomend the wismec. Isn't the mirage a single 18650 where as the wismec is three batteries? It can be done but personally I would not go with anything less than a 2 battery mod.
Yes, the Mirage takes a single battery but it can take the more powerful 21700 which is what I would do.

Last edited:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have my Stempod in the Spanish customs. Apparently there is some new law and all atomizers and ecig paraphernalia have to be revised by an inspector. I already paid 40€ in costs and they haven´t said a word about when will I receive the unit or if the modpod must be returned. I feel like living in the past century right now what a bunch of thieves they are. Wish me luck!

jardri,

PoopMachine

So.. I hate to post this but Im super disappointed in my unit.

Ive gotten zero vapor out of it trying both wattage and TC mode and multiple coils.

Before I want to blame the unit, can someone tell me what modbox they are using that is actually working? Im going to buy a new modbox before I give up on this thing.

Thanks

Ordered one of these.

https://cheapvaping.deals/wismec-reuleaux-rx300-mod

This is the most frustrating vape Ive ever owned. Ive yet to see a single wisp of vapor from it.

Last edited:
PoopMachine,
Reactions: Summer

almost there

So.. I hate to post this but Im super disappointed in my unit.

Ive gotten zero vapor out of it trying both wattage and TC mode and multiple coils.

Before I want to blame the unit, can someone tell me what modbox they are using that is actually working? Im going to buy a new modbox before I give up on this thing.

Thanks

Ordered one of these.

https://cheapvaping.deals/wismec-reuleaux-rx300-mod

This is the most frustrating vape Ive ever owned. Ive yet to see a single wisp of vapor from it.

sorry to hear of your troubles. I've tried the stempod using VW on a Tesla Punk 85W, Therion 166 and Paranormal 250C, it works on all of them though the experience isn't comparable to TC mode. On VW I either have very wispy vapor or if I really crank up the wattage I get scorch loads but thicker vapor. After I downloaded the TC profiles from @HerbieVonVapster on my paranormal using the stempod has been a real joy. If you willing to cough up the dough for a DNA 250C unit you can just piggyback off of @HerbieVonVapster 's labor like I did :razz:.

Top Bottom