StemPod by MPL

TastyTicTac

I would think a coil would longer than 4 uses. :(
Did you contact Dan? It's so new he should just replace it.
I am hoping it's was just a bad coil. Coils should last a long time. I thinking it was defective.

Hopefully this is a item that either fails right off the bat (defective) than one that wears out quickly.

This is a good reason why Dan should include an extra set of coils.
There inexpensive wouldn't add any real extra cost on Dan. Would save the customer some disappointment.
It also be crazy if he charges that much for shipping just the coils.
It shouldn't be more than a buck if only coils.
I can see that much if you wanted priority shipping.
I just reached out to Dan, I’m not sure what to expect, though. It does seem odd that the coils broke so quickly, the worst part is that since one is broken the other isn’t working anymore either, I was thinking that I could get some use out of one but I guess not.

HerbieVonVapster

I just reached out to Dan, I’m not sure what to expect, though. It does seem odd that the coils broke so quickly, the worst part is that since one is broken the other isn’t working anymore either, I was thinking that I could get some use out of one but I guess not.

Very odd I never had a coil go bad on me. I think it's a defective coil.
Better it break right away than fail you when you need it.

I bought this cause it look like it should stand up to a beating.
The coil breaking isn't something I felt would be a issue with it.

Reason it's not working with one coil.
It need both intact to form a complete connection.
It doesn't matter if others one is intact the power can't complete the connection.

Edit..another option you could try a local vape shop.
They should be able to help you out with a coil.

Last edited:
HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Andreaerdna

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
got your email, sorry to hear the coil broke so soon. Ill send out a few sets to you today. while you wait as @HerbieVonVapster said any local vape shop with prewound coils will work to get you running in at least wattage mode

we are adding a cheaper shipping option now

Last edited:

TastyTicTac

got your email, sorry to hear the coil broke so soon. Ill send out a few sets to you today. while you wait as @HerbieVonVapster said any local vape shop with prewound coils will work to get you running in at least wattage mode
Wow that’d be awesome! The same shipping address as last time will work (order #447). Let me know if you need it again and I can PM you.

It’s awesome to see such fast replies and amazing customer service! I can’t wait to use the stempod some more.

HerbieVonVapster

Question how long should coils last?
I just checked mine since I got a check atomizer . The coil is really burned up and crumbled and not working. Guess I'm going will need run to the vapor store.

I wondering are coil replacements something we should expect to do often?

I just didn't think it be something we needed to do. More something I would do as a option?

Just bummed it was working so well too. Guess I jinxed myself.
Just glad that I caught before I was at the campground.

Peace out all

wsp9pg.jpg

ray_b

I'm curious about this too. I was guessing the coils would last for weeks not days but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Based on what I've read about e-cigs and RTA's (rebuildable tank atomizer with replaceable coils) yes, we can expect to be replacing the coils on a regular basis, the unknown is how long between replacements. The StemPod is called a rebuildable atty for a reason, the ability to use coils that I made was one of the selling points for me.

I'm really glad I bought two packages of replacement coils. It sounds like I need to get in gear and learn to make some coils.

Edited to add: FWIW I've been using my StemPod almost exclusively for eight days, four to six sessions a day, and I'm still on the original coils.

Last edited:

TastyTicTac

I just checked mine since I got a check atomizer . The coil is really burned up and crumbled and not working. Guess I'm going will need run to the vapor store.

I just didn't think it be something we needed to do. More something I would do as a option?

Just bummed it was working so well too. Guess I jinxed myself.
Just glad that I caught before I was at the campground.

Peace out all

wsp9pg.jpg
Yup. That looks similar to mine as well. Could this point to something larger being wrong or is it just a coincidence? I don’t feel I had even really used the vape too much/intensely yet.. hopefully new coils will last longer.

TastyTicTac,

RelaxedNow

Oops!

I received my Stempod yesterday. This morning, I loaded FJ’s firmware and fired it up. Unfortunately, I failed to notice that my mod was set to over 200 Watts. I saw a bright flash, heard a sizzle, and knew that was the end of the coils.

Fortunately, since the coils glow, I thought they wouldn’t last long, even under normal use, so I requested extras. I replaced them, adjusted to 40 Watts and gave it another try. I’ve only pulled a few draws, but it seems to work well.

I’ll have to use it more before I can offer any further comment.

TastyTicTac

Oops!

I received my Stempod yesterday. This morning, I loaded FJ’s firmware and fired it up. Unfortunately, I failed to notice that my mod was set to over 200 Watts. I saw a bright flash, heard a sizzle, and knew that was the end of the coils.

Fortunately, since the coils glow, I thought they wouldn’t last long, even under normal use, so I requested extras. I replaced them, adjusted to 40 Watts and gave it another try. I’ve only pulled a few draws, but it seems to work well.

I’ll have to use it more before I can offer any further comment.
I’ve only used an evic vtc mini with the funkyjunky firmware, I haven’t monitored/changed any settings for max wattage (I actually just looked and couldn’t find any). Nonetheless though, the max for this mod is only 75W I believe, so I doubt I fried it only setting a temp to 400 degrees F at the very most.

TastyTicTac,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Sorry to be a killjoy guys,but this coil crumbling is not cool..Probably happens due user error and cause that SS foil of the notch coils is really thin.. You should avoid that at all costs,probably using fatter coils is better. Has anyone tried using juggernaut coils or something pre-build like that ,it should be weaved out of thick wires.
twisted2_400x500_600x.jpg
3-coil-vape-600x600.jpg

Last edited:

TastyTicTac

Sorry to be a killjoy guys,but this coil crumbling is not cool..Probably happens due user error and cause that SS foil of the notch coils is really thin.. You should avoid that at all costs,probably using fatter coils is better. Has anyone tried using juggernaut coils or something pre-build like that ,it should be weaved out of thick wires.
twisted2_400x500_600x.jpg
What should be done to prevent user error on the stock notched coils?

TastyTicTac,

Abysmal Vapor

What should be done to prevent user error on the stock notched coils?
Well i dont own a mod pod,but i have some notch coils. To avoid crumbling ,you should avoid coil glowing red hot,it creates both fumes and nano particles. For example see what is the maximum wattage that doesnt make the coils glow and see if you will get satisfying results at that setting.
@Hogni I have a TUBOx and owned a tubo EVIC,which i had to send it to be serviced ,due to failure of the EVIC part. Anyway there are pics of the heater ""teardown"" ,you can see ,my coils after daily heavy use somewhere in the TUBO thread,there is zero degradation.Fatter gauge probably would solve this problem for the ModPod too.

Last edited:

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Well i dont own a mod pod,but i have some notch coils. To avoid crumbling ,you should avoid coil glowing red hot,it creates both fumes and nano particles. For example see what is the maximum wattage that doesnt make the coils glow and see if you will get satisfying results at that setting.

I tried that and it doesn't produce vapor, at least to the degree we would want.

edit: I did place an order for some SS Juggernaut coils and some spooled round 24g SS just to play around with.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

I tried that and it doesn't produce vapor, at least to the degree we would want.
Well i asked few times in the thread while it was in the making if the coil glow can be avoided,cause i knew it would be an issue, i think i got an answer that it is avoidable.
As mentioned already ,thicker gauge coils like the pics above or similar. They seem easy to build ,just twist two or three wires together to form thicker wire,and make a coil of of the double-triple wire.
Sorry for spamming the thread already.Here are the tubo coils,they seem to be made of two wires twisted together,you can see - no crumbling .
Kw7uuwE.jpg

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Well i asked few times in the thread while it was in the making if the coil glow can be avoided, i think i got an answer that it is avoidable.
As mentioned already ,thicker gauge coils like the pics above or similar. They seem easy to build ,just twist two or three wires together and make a coil..
Sorry for spamming the thread already.

Avoidable with the provided notch coils, or more generally (with custom coils)? Hmm, I'll play around with it more tonight.

superdang9000,

HerbieVonVapster

Coils shouldn't go bad this quickly, please provide as much info as you can about what happened and we will get you taken care of

Fixed had some old coils from elevape was able to rewind. It's working and I have a bunch of premade coils on order.

You should have my contact info, if you can send me a extra set. I'm a heavy user so that might come into play why mine wore out so quick.

Abysmal Vapor

Guys it seems i got mislead by the google search. It is twisted coil what i was mistaken for Juggernaut. Juggernaut seems like it is build out of thin wires in the core. I think that something weaved out of fatter wires will be better choice.
https://www.cloudhousevapor.com/diy-supplies/wire/prebuilt/quad-twisted.html
This seems like a nice choice.}
https://maxvaping.com/products/coils Here one can educate himself on the variety of coils. Blah,didnt knew there are so many types.. Those e-cig guys are nuts.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

so how many people have run into early coil deaths that were not user error (IE firing at 200 watts)? Currently deciding whether we should pivot to a different coil type going forward
My coils are working fine but the resistance has oddly gone up from .135 when I first got them to .157 when I put it on at room temp now. This is odd because I’ve had it locked in at .135 in TC and haven’t gone too high. Does this mean my coils are spent and I need new ones? I have my resistance locked so when I fire the mod it goes back down to .135 but I think the raised resistance means the coils are getting closer to the end of they’re life? I’ve used mine daily but usually for 1-2 bowls a day since I got it. I would be pretty disappointed if this is going to be how often I need to replace coils with this vape. I haven’t even gotten 2 weeks of good use yet. But maybe I’m wrong about my resistance changing. My coils seem to be fine other than that and the stempod is still working well for me.

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TastyTicTac

Guys it seems i got mislead by the google search. It is twisted coil what i was mistaken for Juggernaut. Juggernaut seems like it is build out of thin wires in the core. I think that something weaved out of fatter wires will be better choice.
https://www.cloudhousevapor.com/diy-supplies/wire/prebuilt/quad-twisted.html
This seems like a nice choice.}
https://maxvaping.com/products/coils Here one can educate himself on the variety of coils. Blah,didnt knew there are so many types.. Those e-cig guys are nuts.
What gauge would you recommend for the stempod?

TastyTicTac,
Top Bottom