SteamWhistle

coolbreeze

I have really been enjoying the Steam Whistle since getting it. It took no time at all to become proficient in, and roast massive bowls. I really bought it out of my love for 420eng and the CL, not thinking a measly butane vape would use up all of my vaping time. I was wrong and it is the first vape I hit waking up, and the last before going to bed (which used to be the CLs place in the lineup). I hit other vapes through the day, but something about the quick and reliable extraction of the Steam Whistle is perfect for the first groggy/half asleep hit of the morning, and that last attempt at getting as high as possible before bed quickly.

Some things I've noticed:
1. The bowl is huge, which is very desirable to me.
2. You do not have to load an entire bowl for it to function.
3. Three flames, and two flame torches seem to be where it is at. (I prefer 3 as it's an instantaneous vapor production, with a higher risk of scorching).
4. It is an extremely forgiving device- once you set the intake it's just muscle memory of where the torch should be.
5. Very responsive, torch position can change vapor production instantly. You can start with super thick vapor, back off for a second to tone it down, and then bring it closer to being back up the production rate.
6. The ring magnet allows for easy management of the device to reduce any burning. I have a metal tray and when I am reloading I toss the top piece in the metal tray where it stays put in a vertical position (yes literally toss it about l 5 inches).

I am waiting for magnets to arrive to start getting funky with it.
Very well said. This reflects my experience as well. I have been enjoying it on some smaller pipes, too, or j-hooks and it's so easy it's almost like a powered vape.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I also forgot to mention but, this is my hash vape. I have tried many of the others that are recommended, but this one does such an awesome job at extracting. I used to have a bunch of hash saved up from grows cause I was never a fan of how vapes could handle it. The extraction and flavor are other worldly when using it for hash.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I recently received the magnets and washers in the mail to use the CL stem with the SW.

Magnets from eBay (~$12): https://www.ebay.com/itm/121793923992?hash=item1c5b7bcb98:g:G-EAAOSwT5tWJ~NL

Washers from Amazon (~$7):

You only need one of each of these so it may be advantageous to go to your local hardware store to scope it out for better deals. I have been wrapped up at work since the new year, so I was willing to pay extra for convenience.

Simply put, this is fun. I'm not really into modding things or switching things around. This Steam Whistle is an exception, as it is so easy to transform into new configs. The stem experience creates the feeling of dragging a blunt with the increased resistance to airflow. The smaller chamber also opens the door to micro-dosing more efficiently. It would be awesome if the SW came with a ring magnet and washer, as I am sure a lot of the users will be CL owners.

coolbreeze

I recently received the magnets and washers in the mail to use the CL stem with the SW.

Magnets from eBay (~$12): https://www.ebay.com/itm/121793923992?hash=item1c5b7bcb98:g:G-EAAOSwT5tWJ~NL

Washers from Amazon (~$7):

You only need one of each of these so it may be advantageous to go to your local hardware store to scope it out for better deals. I have been wrapped up at work since the new year, so I was willing to pay extra for convenience.

Simply put, this is fun. I'm not really into modding things or switching things around. This Steam Whistle is an exception, as it is so easy to transform into new configs. The stem experience creates the feeling of dragging a blunt with the increased resistance to airflow. The smaller chamber also opens the door to micro-dosing more efficiently. It would be awesome if the SW came with a ring magnet and washer, as I am sure a lot of the users will be CL owners.
Thanks for the links!

coolbreeze

Hope everyone's having a Steamy Sunday!
IMG-3773.jpg

olysh pops

After the CouchLog, the glasspipe, the Streamwhistle is still a very good surprise for me from 420eng.

Well thought out, beautiful, efficient, practical and pleasant to use outside too. I love it.

(With the hash this is the CL mouthpiece herb chamber)

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-0.jpg

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-1.jpg

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-2.jpg

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-3.jpg

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-4.jpg

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-5.jpg

:)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This looks so cool. Where can I find Reviews/videos of it in action?

Most of the reviews you'd find will probably be in this thread, Steve.

Quick one: it's a really good torch vape for bongs and hooks, maybe the best. It's easy to use, has great flavor, and scales from sip to lungbuster at your will. Highly recommended!

@SteveOG , here's some more:

SteveOG

Most of the reviews you'd find will probably be in this thread, Steve.

Quick one: it's a really good torch vape for bongs and hooks, maybe the best. It's easy to use, has great flavor, and scales from sip to lungbuster at your will. Highly recommended!

@SteveOG , here's some more:
@coolbreeze - we keep bumping into each other. I saw this thread after I put in an order for the Lotus! Where will it end I ask myself. This does look really cool though. An artisan piece quite clearly. I like the fact it's a minimal design and is mainly wood and glass.

I guess it has to be attached to something and is not used on its own like a DynaVap?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze - we keep bumping into each other. I saw this thread after I put in an order for the Lotus! Where will it end I ask myself. This does look really cool though. An artisan piece quite clearly. I like the fact it's a minimal design and is mainly wood and glass.
We just hang out in cool places!
I guess it has to be attached to something and is not used on its own like a DynaVap?
Yeah, it's made to use on a water pipe. There's pics in the wooden vape link above of it mounted on different stems. Some folks use them dry on j-hooks primarily.

SteveOG

After much deliberation and helpful emails from 420Eng I pulled the trigger and odered a SteamWhistle. I am now officially impovershed due to too much reading of this forum and finding cool devices to buy! This is now my final wood piece for vapes....

All I need now is a cool dry glass pipe to go with it. Any recommendations :):)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
@Zillacon They both look great but out of my budget I'm afraid. I've seen Sneaky Pete J Hooks but don't know if any good? I'll look at the J Hook thread
My least expensive, but still great, j-hooks came from The Rogue Wax Works. As you will see on that thread. That being said, I do prefer something with a sturdy base for these kinds of direct draw topper devices. So you might also have a look in the cheap glass thread. Goo Roo and TAG are both having 420 sales.

coolbreeze

@Zillacon They both look great but out of my budget I'm afraid. I've seen Sneaky Pete J Hooks but don't know if any good? I'll look at the J Hook thread
$19 for an Inception Hook on sale, hard to beat that!

Except maybe with a $10 factory second:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
$19 for an Inception Hook on sale, hard to beat that!

Except maybe with a $10 factory second:
I have one of those seconds and it is great. Totally forgot that one, good call.

Hallo everyone!

i want to introduce you to my new little toy that just got available in the store.

The SteamWhistle is a butane powered vaporizer.
It works with 14mm/18mm glassware or native.
The Bowl and the top are connected through ring magnets.
The heat intake is adjustable with a scale on it.
You first need to adjust your lighter to your vape to get your preferred roasting grade.
After that you can be pretty sure that you won‘t combust again.

The Intake and the stir tool can both be stored inside.
The Intake locks the device axialy while in your pocket.

The magnets are strong enough to let the upper part hang on the side while stiring.

Zusammenstellung.jpg

Komplett.jpg

Size-Zeichenfl-che-1.png

verstaut.jpg
ge-ffnet.jpg

Let me know what you think. Every feedback is welcome!
This is awesome! I've never seen one like this before. I love the design and functionality. Very cool!

Top Bottom