SteamWhistle

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Hallo everyone!

i want to introduce you to my new little toy that just got available in the store.

The SteamWhistle is a butane powered vaporizer.
It works with 14mm/18mm glassware or native.
The Bowl and the top are connected through ring magnets.
The heat intake is adjustable with a scale on it.
You first need to adjust your lighter to your vape to get your preferred roasting grade.
After that you can be pretty sure that you won‘t combust again.

The Intake and the stir tool can both be stored inside.
The Intake locks the device axialy while in your pocket.

The magnets are strong enough to let the upper part hang on the side while stiring.

Zusammenstellung.jpg

Komplett.jpg

Size-Zeichenfl-che-1.png

verstaut.jpg
ge-ffnet.jpg

Let me know what you think. Every feedback is welcome!

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I received my Steam Whistle yesterday in the states three days after ordering...talk about fast shipping!

This is my first direct draw butane devices, as I have never been interested in them. Being a huge 420eng fan I felt like I should give it a whirl since their other offering is so on point. I was not disappointed at all with the steam whistle. I picked it up and starting vaping right away! Out of the 10 or so bowls it took me 3 to find a good setting and only combusted once. The design is nice, with a big bowl and magnets to hold the chimney and chamber together.

I so far have only used it with water and it slaps! Does amazing with hash and flower alike. Chris has shared a few configurations with me that I will try this weekend, it seems pretty versatile.

coolbreeze

I also received mine very quickly, about 50 hrs to the East Coast of the US. I have been playing at reviewing it, but frankly I've had just a bit too much fun messing around with it. I've posted some comments and pics in the wooden vape thread. I want to reiterate that this is really one of the finest functioning torch vapes I've tried. Super easy, reliable, and very even in its roast. The aesthetics speak for themselves:

IMG-3580.jpg

I'm not sure this vape is as revolutionary as the Couch Log, but it does represent real refinement of a classic form, and it's of a kind in build quality and thoughtful design with the Couch Log. It's outstanding!

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Nice write-up @coolbreeze!

I agree that although maybe not as revolutionary, it is extremely refined. Enough to where someone like me who has 0 experience with direct draw was able to pick it up and start chooching right away. I must agree this is the prettiest I know of in it's category.

coolbreeze

Nice write-up @coolbreeze!

I agree that although maybe not as revolutionary, it is extremely refined. Enough to where someone like me who has 0 experience with direct draw was able to pick it up and start chooching right away. I must agree this is the prettiest I know of in it's category.
I'm glad to read your review because torch vapes are fairly technique-y, and I use these a lot so it's sometimes hard to really place yourself in the shoes of a new user. I think your experience is really a better indicator that others should look to!

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I have to say it has been a wonderful experience. Of course a bit pricey, and unfortunaly may deal the same scrutiny the CL did fron the less involved groups. Right now a post on reddit I made, most of the discussion is centered around how much cheaper other vapes are...like okay?

I just looked around at similar vapes and they are all around the price of this one (the oak one specifically)...so what gives?

coolbreeze

I have to say it has been a wonderful experience. Of course a bit pricey, and unfortunaly may deal the same scrutiny the CL did fron the less involved groups. Right now a post on reddit I made, most of the discussion is centered around how much cheaper other vapes are...like okay?

I just looked around at similar vapes and they are all around the price of this one (the oak one specifically)...so what gives?
No, it's completely reasonable price. I have no idea what's going on over there, but it's gotten decidedly unchill. Hopefully they'll be flooded with enough cheap vapes to help them relax.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Did I miss the link to this?

Eta: Coolbreeze beat me by a millisecond.

coolbreeze

Chris spawned the idea. For sure needs a magnet, but works for what it is and doesn't seem too obtuse to hold. Didn't know if an oring could be introduce anywhere to make it snug.
Yes, indeed! ; )

I'll post pics when my shitty image host is back, but I put an extra o-ring around the neck of the chamber on my glass stem to help keep it from going in too deep. That o-ring sits completely outside the stem, and is just big enough to grip/secure the heater top!

Edit: A slightly thicker one might be better, as this one tries to slip into the neck. Maybe a third would help. In any case, it works but it needs a shake out.

Edit: the server crisis is over, apparently:
IMG-3654.jpg
IMG-3650.jpg

Last edited:

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
So here is my way.
-On top of an 18/14mm adapter as bowl if u want an all glass option. Just add an 25x20x3 mm ringmagnet. Your adapter needs a long neck otherwise it will sit on the Magnet and not the joint.
-With the CouchLog Stem. You need an
DIN 125 13mm washer
And an 25x20x3 mm magnet
one option has lower force than the other just try what u prefer.

coolbreeze

Hey There,

Where did you get that cool pipe? Love to pick one up.

Thanks
That's a bit of a relic, I'm afraid; it hasn't been generally available for awhile. I did manage to find a couple listings for this pipe branded for a sister company. I posted on it a ways back, try the links:

Good luck and let us know if you managed to score one!

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I have really been enjoying the Steam Whistle since getting it. It took no time at all to become proficient in, and roast massive bowls. I really bought it out of my love for 420eng and the CL, not thinking a measly butane vape would use up all of my vaping time. I was wrong and it is the first vape I hit waking up, and the last before going to bed (which used to be the CLs place in the lineup). I hit other vapes through the day, but something about the quick and reliable extraction of the Steam Whistle is perfect for the first groggy/half asleep hit of the morning, and that last attempt at getting as high as possible before bed quickly.

Some things I've noticed:
1. The bowl is huge, which is very desirable to me.
2. You do not have to load an entire bowl for it to function.
3. Three flames, and two flame torches seem to be where it is at. (I prefer 3 as it's an instantaneous vapor production, with a higher risk of scorching).
4. It is an extremely forgiving device- once you set the intake it's just muscle memory of where the torch should be.
5. Very responsive, torch position can change vapor production instantly. You can start with super thick vapor, back off for a second to tone it down, and then bring it closer to being back up the production rate.
6. The ring magnet allows for easy management of the device to reduce any burning. I have a metal tray and when I am reloading I toss the top piece in the metal tray where it stays put in a vertical position (yes literally toss it about l 5 inches).

I am waiting for magnets to arrive to start getting funky with it.

Top Bottom