SSV or DBV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeVoice

Is there any difference in performance between the units? If I can save money and all I am losing out on is aesthetics then I would prefer to do that. What are you vets thougts?

VapeVoice,

weedemon

enthusiast
ssv has 3 heater cover choice types (classic (This one seems to be the FC personal choice myself included), GonG(same as the DBV), and spherical GonG (has to be held like the classic but makes a better seal than the classic)) + ssv also has the downward angled port so no worry about losing hash and concentrates in the wrong direction.

based on this If i was to get one again, I'd get a classic ssv. over a dbv. you can get them for 15% off using FC discounts. that's what i did. or buy on ebay a "blemished" ssv for 190USD it's sold directly from 7th floor still, but you don't get customization options this way or the travel bag.

the element inside both units are essentially the same thing.

weedemon,
Reactions: willieR

max

Out to lunch
The SSV with standard connection gives you richer hits (meaning more vapor per hit, not more vapor period) and more control over the hits. You also HAVE TO use that control to spread around the more narrow air stream that hits the bowl. The SSV bowl is also gonna require more stirring due to that narrow air stream. The DBV is hands free with the stanard GG connection and has a wider air stream with more predictable hits. Both models use the same electronics and heating element. I've used both and there are times when I prefer one and times when I prefer the other. Hard to go wrong with either one.

max,

VapeVoice

Alright I think I am gonna go with the SSV and standard whip. I saw somewhere on these forums that you can buy them on ebay for $195 with blemishes but, they also said another site that gives FC members a 15% discount and with that you could buy it for the same money. Anyone know which site that would be and what the discount code is. Thank yo all for your help! Very good community here.

VapeVoice,

VapeVoice

Changed my mind again lol. he more I looked into it the more I thought I would like the GG. So I went ahead and ordered the DBV in silver. Got it for $159.99 shipped from halfbakedgoods.net through ebay. Can not wait to get my hands on this thing!!! Thanks for all the help!

VapeVoice,

weedemon

enthusiast
right on man! congrats and im sure you will be happy with it! :) it all comes down to the same element anyways.

weedemon,

SmokingElectricity

I like the ground glass connection the DBV has for vapor bongs. Pull some major rips and have an extra hand free.

SmokingElectricity,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think the 7th floor guys should come up with a way to easily swap the heater cover. That way both DBV and SSV owners could enjoy the best of both worlds and 7th floor would profit a lot more. :D

vorrange,

SmokingElectricity

I think the 7th floor guys should come up with a way to easily swap the heater cover. That way both DBV and SSV owners could enjoy the best of both worlds and 7th floor would profit a lot more. :D

7th floor will make a custom heater cover for a DBV in the classic or spherical style if you ask them. I've seen others on here with them.

SmokingElectricity,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom