ssv + db + volcano

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokinGLX

howdy folks, tokin here.
i came across these boards a bit ago, then forgot about it for awhile(what can i say, i am a stoner) and remembered about it earlier today. so i figured id stop on in and share my pics, vids, and experiences.

first off, the tri force hit.
me and some friends got together, we fired up the volcano, da buddha and the silver surfer and had ourselves a vapeoff.

well, the video needed some editing done to it, and it was one of the first things recorded since getting my new camcorder, so i pulled a noobifail and recorded over the session. i had uploaded one clip tho, cuz well, when you have three top contenders in the vaporization world together in one room, you just gotta take a hit off of all three at once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HqsB6AtcsY

one of these days we are going to do a take 2 on the vapeoff, and ill make sure to get the whole thing on the computer before recording over it this time.
but while im here and have a free 22 seconds, ill copy and paste the quick recap.
(':

the volcano held up about as well as any seasoned vaper would guess it would....faced with the stiff competition, it fell flat on its face. the person that owned the volcano now sorely wishes he had gotten db instead.

the cano came in at the bottom of nearly every category, the hits were not nearly as fulfilling, its cord was about 6 ft() compared to the 10 ft cords of the 7th floor products, and while the whip vapes were sitting there ready to be hit from, we had to stop and wait for the bag to fill up(and i aint even gonna touch on the extreme difference in price).
db was packing a heavy punch, it was giving the most powerful hits, but it was also going through the bowl faster than the ssv, i do believe the temp was a little higher than necessary on it. many shit eating grins after hits of this machine were seen.
the ssv really wasnt very far behind db in the thickness of its hits, but like i just mentioned, the bowls lasted for a few more hits, i believe further intensive research between the 2 units is needed to clearly define a winner.
if youre on a budget and looking for the best vaporizer for your money, i HIGHLY recommend db, it is, without a doubt, a volcano killer.

tokinGLX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hahahaha, that tri force hit was sick. :D

You're the guy with the goatee right? I've seen some of your SSV videos, good stuff.

I swear the Volcano gets no love around here. Still waiting for someone to come here in its defense... That said, not sure you can do an apples to apples comparison with it and a whip vape. Bags aren't really my style but they definitely have their place. Especially in large groups.

I saw the Da Buddah a while ago, looks like a great deal, nice to hear it works well. Is it using the same ceramic element as the SSV? Please share any review you do on it with us.

:leaf: :cheers: :leaf:

vtac,

tokinGLX

oh, i fully agree about the bags vs whips being completely different. however, it is possible to evaluate the hits that it spits out in comparison to the hits from the whip vapes. while those of us who have been around the vape scene for awhile, we know that the whip vapes will give the thicker hits, but there is a mass of people out there who have never even really heard of a whip vape. anyways, a much more detailed full triple head vapeoff vid will be up within a couple weeks.

and yeah, im paul, from the one gram challenge ssv vids
(':

tokinGLX,

max

Out to lunch
Well tokin, looks like they'll let just anyone sign up here. :lol:

I swear the Volcano gets no love around here.
That suits me fine. I'm so sick of seeing posts that say things like 'nothing compares to the 'cano', and 'it's the only vape worth owning'. :rolleyes: I think most of these people are just trying to justify to themselves paying $500+ for a device to produce vapor. Once you get a bag full of vapor, you can't tell whether it got put there by an expensive 'cano or a $150 Vapir One. Assuming the correct temp range, vapor is vapor.

I don't like to see hit comparisons between bag and whip vapes though. A standard whip vape will win the hit contest every time. If you slam the bag unit for inferior hits, you can just as easily slam the whip vape for inconsistent hits. It's like comparing a sports car to a big sedan. One will win the handling contest every time, and the other will ride better every time. It's a design difference. People need to understand the basic differences, due to design, between bag and whip unit and decide which way to go. Of course there are always the combo vapes like Extreme and herbalAire, for those of us who want it both ways with only one vape. ;)

But if a vapeoff will get some of these 'Volcano is the only decent vape' people off their ignorant high horses, I say go for it tokin.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
tokinGLX said:
yeah, im paul, from the one gram challenge ssv vids
(':
I remember watching the whole thing (it was like 20 parts) and vaping along with you. Didn't quite hit 1g though. :)

Agree with you guys, whip > bag, I'm just amazed that no Volcano owners have come around to let us know how inferior we are. The Volcano's made in Germany you know. :D

vtac,

tokinGLX

haha, 20 parts. it would have only been 10 if i had ample tapespace on a single tape. but the damn thing(the 1gc) still took a bit longer than anticipated, so i ran out of the first tape...scrounge around for free time on another tape, find a few minutes for part 11, but run to the end of that one as well, so i needed to finish it up with the last couple of minutes on part 12.
(':

gotta say, i was very pleasantly baked for a solid 8 hours

tokinGLX,

djelimon

I'd say the bag's chief advantage is ease of use and consistensy - great for parties. I've found whip vapes to be not so good there. I think it's easier to use bag system is the chief advantage of volcano over extreme or herbal aire. If you value glass path or extraction power, then those two have the advantage respectively (no one's done the extraction comparison with the extreme afaik).

djelimon,

tokinGLX

you bring up a most excellent point- parties.

ive been in multiple environments where there has been a packed room, there was a ssv and a cano both ready and willing for passerbys.
but time and time again, people get tired of waiting for substandard hits from the cano, and hop into the ssv circle because the bowls go much quicker and when you take a hit, you get a massive rip that leaves nothing but a giant grin on your face.
in those party type environments, lots of people see the vapes for the first time, so they want to give them a test run. if the ssv is in the middle of a bowl, it finishes that bowl MUCH quicker than a cano would, the new guy loads his herb, gets a couple powertokes and then leaves happy. the circle finishes off the rest of the bowl and by that time the vaporizer buzz has spread to somebody else who has a nug to try out.

that quick come and go hitting just cannot happen as smoothly with the volcano.

yes, the bags are extremely easy to use and hit from. in that party environment, if you have your whip vape there, you have to dedicate yourself to being the vapetender. you have to give all newcomers the spiel on how to take a proper hit. if you fail to do this, they will walk away unimpressed or undersatisfied. but really, a 30 second lesson tells everybody what they need to know to get a most killer hit.

i wouldnt be such a whip-vape fanboy if there was a bag system that could give comparable hits to the whip. ive never hit from a heat gun vape, but they disintrest me due to their cumbersome nature. other than that tho, im sure i would be most happy with them, ive heard nothing but good remarks on the hits they spew.

tokinGLX,

djelimon

but really, a 30 second lesson tells everybody what they need to know to get a most killer hit.
The particular party I'm thinking of, this would not be logistically possible. The first hurdle would be to get everyone in the house, and then get them to listen...

Don't get me wrong, I love my V-Tower and all, and have no real yen to get a volcano, but when you see a guy walking around with a 6 foot bag of vapor it gives you pause.

To me whips are like Microsoft software - great up to a point, but not as scalable as other technology. The metaphor fails when it comes to pricing mind you. So I'm good with it.

djelimon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
djelimon said:
The particular party I'm thinking of, this would not be logistically possible. The first hurdle would be to get everyone in the house, and then get them to listen...
This is pretty much my experience as well. I prefer whip hits 100% but sometimes a huge bag of vapor makes a lot more sense.

A few good buddies new to vaping: whip = no problem... house full of drunk animals on the other hand... :lol:

And yeah, those skyscraper bags full of vapor do possess a certain charm. :D

vtac,

mookow69

I was curious, how long does db take to warm up? The site states 1m:30s-2m, is this pretty accurate? How is ssv as well?
I recently opened my extreme to find the guts of the beast less favorable then I imagined, so I am looking for a whip vape to replace it. I am assuming the ssv and db have the electronics completely separate form the heater/air path?

If you guys keep taunting volcano owners to troll, some will eventually. :lol:
I have one, and it is not perfect. I still love it however, even after analyzing the guts.
Can one put a price on piece of mind? yeah, but as long as your happy that is all that truly matters :D

mookow69,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The element on the SSV can be glowing bright orange in ~30 seconds (need to test this once I decide to turn mine off). The real warm up time is allowing the glass heater cover to warm up, that's when you get the optimal hits.

You can crank it way up for ~4:20 m:s and then dial it down to where you want to get started in a hurry. Some of the sweetest hits for me are after it's been on for 30+ minutes (dialed to normal vape temp) and the glass is nice n' toasty.

vtac,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
tokinGLX said:
howdy folks, tokin here.
i came across these boards a bit ago, then forgot about it for awhile(what can i say, i am a stoner) and remembered about it earlier today. so i figured id stop on in and share my pics, vids, and experiences.

first off, the tri force hit.
me and some friends got together, we fired up the volcano, da buddha and the silver surfer and had ourselves a vapeoff.

well, the video needed some editing done to it, and it was one of the first things recorded since getting my new camcorder, so i pulled a noobifail and recorded over the session. i had uploaded one clip tho, cuz well, when you have three top contenders in the vaporization world together in one room, you just gotta take a hit off of all three at once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HqsB6AtcsY

one of these days we are going to do a take 2 on the vapeoff, and ill make sure to get the whole thing on the computer before recording over it this time.
but while im here and have a free 22 seconds, ill copy and paste the quick recap.
(':

the volcano held up about as well as any seasoned vaper would guess it would....faced with the stiff competition, it fell flat on its face. the person that owned the volcano now sorely wishes he had gotten db instead.

the cano came in at the bottom of nearly every category, the hits were not nearly as fulfilling, its cord was about 6 ft() compared to the 10 ft cords of the 7th floor products, and while the whip vapes were sitting there ready to be hit from, we had to stop and wait for the bag to fill up(and i aint even gonna touch on the extreme difference in price).
db was packing a heavy punch, it was giving the most powerful hits, but it was also going through the bowl faster than the ssv, i do believe the temp was a little higher than necessary on it. many shit eating grins after hits of this machine were seen.
the ssv really wasnt very far behind db in the thickness of its hits, but like i just mentioned, the bowls lasted for a few more hits, i believe further intensive research between the 2 units is needed to clearly define a winner.
if youre on a budget and looking for the best vaporizer for your money, i HIGHLY recommend db, it is, without a doubt, a volcano killer.

wow...honestly, im surprised that nobody even touched all the flaws with this write-up...

i know he wasnt that thorough, but still...

"volcano falls flat on its face?!"

comparing the length of the cord?!?!?! - an extension cord would fix that...

stopping & waiting for bags to fill up!?!? - its really not that long of a wait...& it needs less attention than the DBV, which can burn if youre not careful...

"cano on the bottom of every category"!?!?!? - nothing will ever combust in a volcano, it is possible in the DBV (maybe SSV - i dont own one so i dont know)...but ive been a part of FC for a while where people jump on & extinguish any exaggeration or lies that people say about vaporizers & i am so surprised that nobody touched this one!

yes, i have a volcano classic & yes, i have a DBV but im not going to bullshit anybody about any of them...

so what about the ability to burn ganja, the ability to burn yourself, consistency of a hit compared to the next hit or the one before it, ease of use for a person at any level of experience, resale value, ability to walk away from the machine instead of huddle around it, ease of multiple users to share the experience...he talks about vaping in his car (in his other posts) but id rather have a bag to breathe on rather than a whip that needs to be constantly stirred & plugged into a hole & removed, etc...seriously...

i mean, cmon, guys...i know that there is an attitude towards volcanos here @ FC, but is this really the type of information that we allow to be posted without any commentary about it?

im sad to say i lost a little respect for tokin from this because it just seems to me like hes trying to sell 7th floor vapes to people looking for a unbiased comparison...it actually disgusts me a little to read his exact quotes on the volcano...& i had to write my whole explanation up...

it was also sad to see others post underneath tokins original post with NOBODY CALLING HIM OUT on that stupid test that covered "nearly every category"...(like the length of the cord...jesus christ)

this write up pissed me off NOT because im a volcano owner, but because this is being portrayed as FACT, not being critiqued by FC members, misinforming potential vaporizer users, testing SOME irrelevant variables, & smells hard of propaganda.

so is it ok to call other people's bullshit but not do it as long as they trash talk volcanos?

this experiment should have concluded like this: "so the volcano is worse than any 7th floor product in almost every category. people who have bought volcanos in the past are stupid and wasted their money. volcano has fooled everyone who bought it in the past & should not be the most popular vaporizer in the world. also if you buy a volcano, you will later realize that you should have bought a 7th floor vape instead, dummy".

does nobody else see this from my POV? am i just too biased as a volcano owner, myself? i really checked myself about this & think that i am reasonable about this issue.

i could go on, but whatever...ill probably have to say that this is the 1 thing that i came across FC so far that i do not like...it makes the site seem slightly bias as a whole...

EDIT: i just watched the video of the "triforce" hit & HE DIDNT THINK A FLAW OF THE SSV WAS THAT HE NEEDED SOMEONE TO OPERATE IT FOR HIM? that wouldnt be under a relevant "category" when analyzing vapes? he couldnt even do the tri force hit without someone else there to hold the wand to the heater for him...how fucked up is that?

akwardsauce,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
This thread is 3 years old, there is much better current info than this on the boards. The vaporizer market is constantly evolving and everyone likes what they like. I am of the opinion that this thread is ABV :2c:

psyshaman,

akwardsauce

you are just pointing out the date it was written? i know how old it is because the date is on each post. for 3 years, people have been reading it...

my reply to this thread is timeless. the information given by tokin was not accurate during any time...even when it was posted.

so whats the statute of limitations on posting then? if its too old to bring up, then it should have been deleted.

but please tell me if what i typed is wrong or just leave it alone. but what i said had to be said...for the past 3 years, many people may have read that post & assumed that FC was affiliated with 7th floor...not saying it happened, but it may have entered a few readers' minds...

& regardless how old it is, i just read it today...so that was my reaction at the present time.

akwardsauce,
There's more than a few threads in the vaporizer-specific forum which have no business being there. Just look at the later pages, they aren't model related at all, and probably should be dumped into the ABV pile.

charliedontsurf,

akwardsauce

possibly you are all right about whatever your points are.

all im trying to say is that there shouldnt be a write up like this without anyone picking it apart for others.

lets leave it alone for another 3 years when the technology exists to consume the THC directly from the seed of ganja, bypassing any heat & being safer than vaporizing!

then i will revisit this post & talk about how the volcano falls flat on its face because the cord is too short.

akwardsauce,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Awkwardsause, no need to take offence! There's plenty of people defending/praising the volcano all over this forum. No need to dig up one from ages ago, I'm glad you love your volcano..

But besides defending you're purchase you haven't really offered anything new to an already dead topic.
Just chill brother no need to be the the volcanos watch dog!
99% of 420 people who you ask about vaporizers will only be able to identify one. That being your beloved cano. This thread won't stop people buying them...
My humble advice is fill a bag and leave the marketing to the cano team. it's ok to love what you love but don't hate because you love it.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one. Tokin hasn't posted here in years and everyone knows it's merely his opinion and not a fact. This thread is from FC's infantcy and has slipped being made ABV because of it....

Just thought for the mods about a clean up of the early threads in the Vaporizer discussion!
:peace:

psyshaman,

max

Out to lunch
...for the past 3 years, many people may have read that post & assumed that FC was affiliated with 7th floor...not saying it happened, but it may have entered a few readers' minds...
"not saying it happened" - But you just did say that. ;) And it never occurred to me either. I don't get where this a 2 + 2 = 4 situation. It's just an opinion by a 7th Floor fan. Do we assume that other forums are affiliated with S&B because posters say the Volcano is the best ever, and everything else is not to be trusted?

is this really the type of information that we allow to be posted without any commentary about it?
Yes, we 'allowed' it to be posted. It's pretty clear that he's not a Volcano fan, and it's also clear that it's his opinion. Under what rule should we have disallowed it? And where's the rule that says we can force opposite opinions to be posted?

You want to know what the general attitude was at FC on the Volcano back when this forum started? It was nice to NOT see a bunch of posts from people who claimed that the Volcano was the absolute best vaporizer you could buy and nothing else came close or should be considered a good, reliable purchase. Because that was mostly what you saw on other forums, and it's still the case today on some. Of course, mostly what you see, vaporizer wise, on those forums are 'recent' posts a month old or more, with some still asking if the Vapir One is a good buy.

It's become quite clear that most people who consider themselves vapor enthusiasts prefer direct draw over bag fill. Most of the discussion on dual mode vapes like herbalAire and Extreme is about how to get the best direct hits. Bag fill is so simple and consistent, there's really not much to talk about once you get past how to fill a bag and how to make more bags. And if you're satisfied with bagged vapor for 100% of your consumption, there's not much point in hanging out on a forum like this. After a short while, what's to discuss or of interest? So you shouldn't be surprised at a thread like this, or that there's a lack of outraged protest against it.

max,

akwardsauce

max said:
...for the past 3 years, many people may have read that post & assumed that FC was affiliated with 7th floor...not saying it happened, but it may have entered a few readers' minds...
"not saying it happened" - But you just did say that. ;) And it never occurred to me either. I don't get where this a 2 + 2 = 4 situation. It's just an opinion by a 7th Floor fan. Do we assume that other forums are affiliated with S&B because posters say the Volcano is the best ever, and everything else is not to be trusted?

is this really the type of information that we allow to be posted without any commentary about it?
Yes, we 'allowed' it to be posted. It's pretty clear that he's not a Volcano fan, and it's also clear that it's his opinion. Under what rule should we have disallowed it? And where's the rule that says we can force opposite opinions to be posted?

You want to know what the general attitude was at FC on the Volcano back when this forum started? It was nice to NOT see a bunch of posts from people who claimed that the Volcano was the absolute best vaporizer you could buy and nothing else came close or should be considered a good, reliable purchase. Because that was mostly what you saw on other forums, and it's still the case today on some. Of course, mostly what you see, vaporizer wise, on those forums are 'recent' posts a month old or more, with some still asking if the Vapir One is a good buy.

It's become quite clear that most people who consider themselves vapor enthusiasts prefer direct draw over bag fill. Most of the discussion on dual mode vapes like herbalAire and Extreme is about how to get the best direct hits. Bag fill is so simple and consistent, there's really not much to talk about once you get past how to fill a bag and how to make more bags. And if you're satisfied with bagged vapor for 100% of your consumption, there's not much point in hanging out on a forum like this. After a short while, what's to discuss or of interest? So you shouldn't be surprised at a thread like this, or that there's a lack of outraged protest against it.

i am very careful of how i word my responses because i want it to be perceived the correct way. i tried to just leave this topic alone because, due to the reply before yours, it seemed like others werent getting my point.

i said "many people MAY have...NOT SAYING IT HAPPENED but it MAY have..." i used the word "may" to intentionally not assume a direct cause & effect - just a potential one to think about. i definitely perceived this article a certain way, & if i did, im sure others have in the past as well.

so its just an opinion by a 7th floor fan? i bet if i made up some test of stupid variables to conclude that the DBV/SSV falls flat on its face (because the power cord is too long), pretty much EVERYBODY here would shit all over it...you dont agree? also, doesnt this "7th floor fan" have his own online shop that he encourages potential customers to go through to buy 7th floor products? hmm...but he probably only does that purely as a fan and no other incentive at all...

whats the rule about a vaporizer representative's account versus a regular user's account? there are differences, right? i remember reading somewhere else that stonemonkey had to make an additional different type of account since he was classified as a representative now...along with one other user (i forgot who). but i think you said there were only 2 users on FC with multiple accounts for a valid reason...should we allow tokin to represent 7th floor as a regular user instead of an official representative? so dont say he is just a fan...

also what are you talking about other forums for? this incident happened here. i also think other forums are perceived as being affiliated with volcano & that is why FC has a certain "type" of member and a loyalty to it - because as a reader, i can tell that efforts have been made (by moderators & users) to keep an unbiased & fair overtone among the discussion here. its ok to love your vaporizer, but its not ok to unjustly tarnish the reputation of other vaporizers, is it? otherwise this wouldnt be the "mecca" of vaporizer discussion (ive heard FC hailed as such in other discussions as opinions by others...but i would have to agree or at least say this is the closest to the mecca of vape talk)...

i understand that volcanos' asses are kissed elsewhere, but what does that have to do with us? should we take on the role to shit on them so that the "universe balances out"? i would also have to assume that the people that say "volcano is the best ever, and everything else is not to be trusted" are MISINFORMED, IMMATURE users & their moderators should have told them to use something like "my 2 cents" or "in my opinion" or "i think that...". otherwise those comments are regarded as fact & leave a bad taste in your mouth (or you probably wouldnt have remembered it & been turned off by it) - JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED HERE. you may all assume that this is the "OPINION of a 7th floor fan", but NOT ONCE DID HE PORTRAY HIS STATEMENTS AS OPINION. as a matter of fact, he stated his opinions as FACTS: ..."DB, it is, without a doubt, the volcano killer"...really no note to add "in my opinion" to that statement? ive seen that mod note on other posts...

ok ok ok...

i will give you that this type of wording makes for more exciting reading, but ITS NOT FACT, its PORTRAYED AS FACT (padded with a b.s. experiment to deceive readers into thinking that scientific steps were taken to "reach" these conclusions), & it is "allowed" to pass without any commentary from FC members or moderators (please continue to quote my whole sentences if youre going to pick them apart word-by-word). i know it is not against the rules to voice your opinion on here, but i swear i saw moderator notes on other posts stating to please include "in my 2 cents", "in my opinion", etc...was i wrong? by the way, i know that you singled the word "allow" from my whole statement, but what it finished saying was "...allow this to be posted WITHOUT ANY COMMENTARY ON IT"...not "allowed to be written".

i agree that theres no rule to force opposite opinions...that is something you volunteer to contribute when you feel that it is needed, like i did here. that is why it surprised me that FC members & moderators read this whole original post, probably saw the video, and felt like they did not need to say anything about how biased the post was (the video didnt really voice any opinions on it and was therefore not biased, plus it was on a totally different website - but it did show that the SSV needed another person to operate it in order to accomplish the "trifecta hit", which is obviously not a major consideration when comparing vaporizers).

before FC, im sure there was a general opinion of the volcano. i did read a bunch of stuff on the volcano elsewhere. i did not read anybody say something in accordance to "volcanos are the absolute best vaporizer and nothing else is considered good...". i trust you if you say that these opinions exist (i do not need links or actual examples of this...i trust you). but like i said, that was not said here & probably wouldnt be "allowed" to be said here (without being picked apart by future readers or moderators)...i was hoping that the same sentiment went out for all other brands EQUALLY.

i didnt know that this site was for the sole benefit of vapor enthusiasts. i thought it was for even beginner vaporists (thats how i stumbled upon FC) to everybody else interested in vaporizing. either way, & no matter whom this website is for, i said what i needed to say about this "experiment" comparing the SSV vs. DBV vs. volcano. even though i know this is probably not what you meant, are you suggesting that people who use bag vaporizers are not vaporizer enthusiasts? (thats what its like when someone picks on a piece of 1 statement that you write down).

on a similar note, i was reading how IamKrazy2 (or whatever his name was) came to the conclusion that HiPi & DarthVaker (or whatever his name was) was the same person. it all stemmed from HiPi or DarthVaker making the statement that theyve tried a different vaporizer side-by-side against the one made by HiPi & they performed the same, given the same inputs (or something along these lines). after this fiasco, i have MAAAAAD RESPECT for IamKrazy2 because he relentlessly went with what he knew to be right & wrong & called someone out on their BS. he was praised on that thread for what he did...good thing he wasnt defending the volcano, right? all i tried to do was expose bias for the benefit of future readers of this, & NOBODY HAS MY BACK HERE???

im not looking for someone to say that the volcano is the best. but NOBODY sees the obvious bias & bullshit variables being tested & the bullshit conclusion being made by tokin here? nobody thinks about how he is a seller of 7th floor vapes himself? nobody sees ANY parallels to the HiPi/IamKrazy2 situation? nobody has seen other posts being met with more scrutiny by the moderators and users? i would have expected to be torn up by everyone if i had posted what tokin did.

my points were just to:
1. show how this test tests for variables that would ensure the 7th floor vapes to be in a better light than volcano vapes.
2. show how they blatantly ignored the flaws of the 7th floor vapes and benefits of the volcano vape in order to come to their conclusion of the "volcano falling flat on its face" & 7th floor vapes being "volcano killers".
3. point out how tests like these (without analysis or critique from unbiased parties) can sway readers and act somewhat like propaganda.
4. voice my previous idea that FC was made for fair & educated discussion, experimentation, and analysis about vaporizers.
5. show how articles like these tarnish the image (at least the image that i had) of FC.
6. show another situation similar to HiPi/DarthVaker/IamKrazy2 (even though it is not as elaborate or serious).
7. point out that moderators did not feel the need to make tokin add "in my 2 cents" or "in my opinion", as they have done on other posts.
8. show that just because other websites have praised the volcano (& maybe shit on other brands - although, im not too aware of specific instances of this but it is not a stretch to believe that it is true), it is not FCs role to allow these posts to go uncommented in order to balance out the negative effect that other forums have against brands other than volcano.
9. find out if anyone felt the same way i feel or could at least relate to or even disagree with anything i said...
10. i guess another point is to learn when the statute of limitations is up on commenting on an old thread. this thread was new to me, so i commented on it...but it looks like there is a time limit since that was pretty much the response that i got from my post.

my points were NOT to:
1. show how old of a post this is
2. draw attention to how great volcanos are
3. talk shit about some "really old, obsolete" post
4. talk about how the vaporizer industry has changed since this post was put up...

basically most of the information in the original post was not really useful at any point in time, ever.

maybe ill just fix the experiment for myself for anyone who feels the need to read this old thread anymore...this is just a quick list, but i hope that it is unbiased...but i think it is much more fair than tokin's original comparison test. i have not used an SSV before, so please realize that these are JUST MY OPINIONS:

price: volcano > SSV > DBV
ease of use: volcano > DBV > SSV
risk of combustion: DBV > SSV > volcano
length of power cords: DBV = SSV > volcano
taste of vapors: SSV > DBV > volcano
portability of vaporizer unit: DBV = SSV > volcano
portability of vaporization: volcano > DBV > SSV
noise level: volcano > SSV > DBV
efficiency: ?
how long should units be kept on: DBV = SSV > volcano
availability of accessories/customization: SSV > DBV > volcano
effect of usage: ?
*assumed overall popularity: volcano > DBV > SSV
warranty: volcano = DBV = SSV
maintenance cost after purchase: SSV = DBV > volcano
customer service: DBV = SSV >?< volcano
usability with concentrates: volcano > DBV = SSV

other things to consider:
- if you search around, you will be able to find pictures of the volcano factory and also of the 7th floor factory. this may or may not make a difference to you.
- also, if you look for research, it seems like the "standard" instrument is the volcano (which is used in more scientific tests than any other vaporizer).
- while 7th floor products are made, assembled, and tested in either USA and/or China, volcanos are pretty much exclusively from Germany. although both are high quality vaporizers with very high standards, this could effect the shipping costs if you are a customer that is not in north america (shipping could be expensive & tricky to get to europe and other continents due to customs, expenses, shipping routes, etc...).
- both companies are awesome and probably have a huge budget for research & development in order to stay competitive and for the interest and health benefits to their customers.

questions to ask yourself when choosing between these models:
1. do you like bag vaporizers or whip vaporizers?
2. do you like a hands free option (DBV) or more control & judgement (SSV)?
3. what are you willing to pay for it?
4. are you more into "ease of use" or "controllability of the vaporization process"?

man, i forgot what else i had to say...ill probably edit this post when i think of them...but they were just mainly more counterpoints to everyone who has replied to me...one user said that i didnt contribute anything to the thread, but my contributions were more along the lines as saying "WTF, this thread is all fucked up"...but hopefully this is a more meaningful post.

i would bet that if i started a thread on the volcano vs. the DBV vs. the vapezilla or whatever, most people would probably say something like, "well, you really cant compare these vaporizers because everyone has their own priorities and preferences..." OR they would bitch at me to put "my 2 cents" or "in my opinion" on my post somewhere. none of that was said on this one. in my mind, people were more like "well he did make a good point about the cord being longer for the 7th floor vapes...". still...nobody?

just ridiculous!

fine, i give up...until someone gets me going again...i had some points that i thought of but forgot as i was typing my other points...hopefully ill remember them & come back to edit this...i just want to be totally upfront & honest & read stuff that will make me think. but my brain immediately rejected his conclusions. an "in my opinion" would have let it all slide, but i couldnt stop my brain from saying what it had to say...holy jebus!

oh by the way, i DO NOT work for storz & bickel (volcano) OR 7th floor vaporizers...just a customer of BOTH COMPANIES.

peace!

akwardsauce,

jackmormon

Thanks for picking apart a 3+ year old post by a person who hasn't posted on this Forum for years. We certainly need the critique and unique education that you can provide us. To head off any future rants on the topic, please fill out the form below and forward to TokinGLX to let him know how you feel.

Thanks!

jackmormon,

akwardsauce

jackmormon said:
Thanks for picking apart a 3+ year old post by a person who hasn't posted on this Forum for years. We certainly need the critique and unique education that you can provide us. To head off any future rants on the topic, please fill out the form below and forward to TokinGLX to let him know how you feel.

Thanks!

this wasnt a post for "a person who hasnt posted on this forum for years". it was for future visitors.

i know you dont need ANY of the critique and unique education that i can provide...everything i say is useless...everything you contribute is perfect, absolutely needed, & valid.

i guess i should consider myself lucky enough to even think about voicing my opinion.

i will fill this form out immediately and forward it to tokin if thats the subsequent steps to handle this issue.

akwardsauce,

max

Out to lunch
should we allow tokin to represent 7th floor as a regular user instead of an official representative? so dont say he is just a fan...
FC has NEVER considered tokinGLX to be a representative of 7th Floor, as far as his posting here is concerned. When he posted this thread, he wasn't actively selling anything. If you're determined to consider him a 7th Floor rep, that's fine with us, but we didn't, don't, and never will. 7th Floor has never considered him an official spokesperson here either, and that's equally important.

From scanning your last post, it's clear that our efforts here aren't up to your standards. I hope you can find a forum that does a better job of analyzing each and every post/thread and maintaining a consistent standard through the years. Meanwhile we'll plug along here with our small, volunteer staff, and leave some time to live our lives in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom