Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
yes, but

This sounds for me like, turn device on -> set temperature -> suck/pass it around.
This would only be possible with cruise/autofire.

TC without cruise/autofire doesn't make a hughe difference to wattage imho.

yes since they said on demand I took that to mean they want temperature control like they get in the mighty fury, not that they want it to be a session because they specifically said on demand lol but yeah either way it is not going to be like the mighty or fury and their language was too vague for us to know for sure of course. Bossman is right though, we've given Bazinga much of the info they'd ever need already?

Bazinga

It is true, I have been given much information on this topic. Unfortunately, for me, my comprehension re this topic is painfully lacking. I've been out of school for a long time, however I seem to recall having less issues understanding the concepts in my Doctoral studies. Nonetheless I continue to want a device that maintains the favorable attributes of the Mighty etal and functions in on-demand mode such as my Splinter. More simply stated - how the hell can I EASILY use my Splinter in temperature mode (and is it worth the effort). With respect to my other devices, I have achieved great results in temperature stepping and was hoping that this method would furnish equivalent results using a MOD box with the Splinter. I appreciate all the help that has been provided here and I apologize for my inability to grasp what others find straightforward.

BTW - I never mentioned "cruise".

Shit Snacks

It is true, I have been given much information on this topic. Unfortunately, for me, my comprehension re this topic is painfully lacking. I've been out of school for a long time, however I seem to recall having less issues understanding the concepts in my Doctoral studies. Nonetheless I continue to want a device that maintains the favorable attributes of the Mighty etal and functions in on-demand mode such as my Splinter. More simply stated - how the hell can I EASILY use my Splinter in temperature mode (and is it worth the effort). With respect to my other devices, I have achieved great results in temperature stepping and was hoping that this method would furnish equivalent results using a MOD box with the Splinter. I appreciate all the help that has been provided here and I apologize for my inability to grasp what others find straightforward.

BTW - I never mentioned "cruise".

It's okay bud, you're not wrong, it is complicated! This was why we had to go with wattage back then lol

I think the choice is to buy a RX G3D and have it sent directly to someone who can set it up for you (or buy from vgoodiez) for temp control OR buy a DNA mod like RX250 or LostVape or ThinkVape and same deal, send it to someone who can load the profiles up for you. Then all you would have to do when you receive the mod from them is attach your Splinter and temp step to heaven!

Sounds like trying to set it up yourself maybe more headaches than it's worth honestly

Bazinga

Snacks - as usual great advice. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall. Just visited Vgoodiez site and found that he is out of stock. I can wait.

Bazinga,

Hammahead

TC isn't mandatory, to not burn your herb
It obviously isn't; however, it's klutzes like me that made the fool-proof concept seem like a good idea. It's working so many times for me, and I realize and appreciate how watt mode gets me nice clouds faster than TC and then - zap - there's smoke. Great how this vape is so versatile and works for so many different users.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Started using Tc mode on a Launch Box about a month ago. It really acts like a fuse. It is basically in watts mode until the MOD senses that the temperature is reached and the watts are reduced to maintain temperature. I was using the Target Mini II (50 watt limit/0.05 ohm) and it is a little powerhouse full of features from Vaporesso. I'm just giving this Tc mode option a shout-out as it brought renewed vigor into a classic vape.

TommyDee,
Reactions: bossman

SquirrelMaster

@Bazinga
I run my ZV1 on a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C. Overkill maybe, but I love the look of the mod, and both wattage and temperature control work very well. You need to download Escribe, the e-cig profile and the material file at https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/ and then upload them to your device. It may look intimidating but it's very easy. The Wismec is a much cheaper route that many have success with so that's a great option as well.

Watch this for deals https://cheapvaping.deals/category/vape-deals-by-category/box-mods-deals/dna-200-box-mods
You can get a gunmetal black kevlar purple stab wood for $170 USD with coupon code "DNA10" at https://vapordna.com/products/lost-vape-paranormal-dna-250c-box-mod?variant=31484419637307

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
20200227-171005.jpg
20200227-171227.jpg

My new and first Z, after the first use.
My last splinter v1+ feel and broke. The Z used with Tubo f/w in TC.

Shit Snacks

@Bazinga
I run my ZV1 on a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C. Overkill maybe, but I love the look of the mod, and both wattage and temperature control work very well. You need to download Escribe, the e-cig profile and the material file at https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/ and then upload them to your device. It may look intimidating but it's very easy. The Wismec is a much cheaper route that many have success with so that's a great option as well.

Watch this for deals https://cheapvaping.deals/category/vape-deals-by-category/box-mods-deals/dna-200-box-mods
You can get a gunmetal black kevlar purple stab wood for $170 USD with coupon code "DNA10" at https://vapordna.com/products/lost-vape-paranormal-dna-250c-box-mod?variant=31484419637307

Nice! This is how it looks btw, I also saw there is a red and blue stabwood available as well:

Screenshot-20200229-231147.jpg

It actually seems with this model of the Paranormal that the buttons are flush, so you can set it down on that side, perfect for the Splinter overhang! With taxes it was coming out to more like $186 for me, but myvpro and elementvape also have it without any coupon codes for $180 (seemingly with no tax? Not sure, I'm in California, so that could be a factor)

Meanwhile I stumbled upon this at https://myvpro.com/products/dovpo-mono-sq-signature-mod?variant=31680009437262

Screenshot-20200301-110710.jpg

Seems like a pretty nice single battery color DNA75c mod... On sale 30% off brings it to just under $100 so I think I gotta grab it instead of the Paranormal (which is probably much larger and heavier with more unnecessary features, the whole replay thing on the 250c confuses the hell out of me lol) I guess in all black? Since there is no purple or grey, which I might prefer...

Either way I don't think I would be using these with my Splinter Z honestly since I am happy with one on the RXdna250 and the other on my RXgen3D, but I was actually thinking for my modless iHeat or Splinter V2 (which is on a P80 with ArcticFox TCR set up) but needed to share!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Sadly there is a lot of bad info in this thread.
My goal is to use the Splinter, in on-demand mode, using temperature control.
The simplest way to do this is to use a DNA mod with Herbie updated firmware that @SquirrelMaster recommended above. You don't need the DNA250c chip, but it is the most common DNA chip out there currently so it is what you are likely to find on available DNA mods. Anyone telling you the DNA chips are not a good choice should be ignored as they are giving bad info. My recommendation is to find someone you trust (like @bossman) and follow their suggestions.

Non DNA mods can certainly be used in wattage mode, and some have gotten them to work well in TC mode, but for simple and consistent I think the DNA mods are the best choice. I have 3 Splinter/Mod combos, 2 with DNA mods (both Zs) and one with a RX 2/3, and I find I rarely grab the RX. As usual, YMMV.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nice! This is how it looks btw, I also saw there is a red and blue stabwood available as well:

Screenshot-20200229-231147.jpg

It actually seems with this model of the Paranormal that the buttons are flush, so you can set it down on that side, perfect for the Splinter overhang! With taxes it was coming out to more like $186 for me, but myvpro and elementvape also have it without any coupon codes for $180 (seemingly with no tax? Not sure, I'm in California, so that could be a factor)

Meanwhile I stumbled upon this at https://myvpro.com/products/dovpo-mono-sq-signature-mod?variant=31680009437262

Screenshot-20200301-110710.jpg

Seems like a pretty nice single battery color DNA75c mod... On sale 30% off brings it to just under $100 so I think I gotta grab it instead of the Paranormal (which is probably much larger and heavier with more unnecessary features, the whole replay thing on the 250c confuses the hell out of me lol) I guess in all black? Since there is no purple or grey, which I might prefer...

Either way I don't think I would be using these with my Splinter Z honestly since I am happy with one on the RXdna250 and the other on my RXgen3D, but I was actually thinking for my modless iHeat or Splinter V2 (which is on a P80 with ArcticFox TCR set up) but needed to share!
I have a Paranormal and while it works great I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one. The rxg3d and the new Ravage are both working really well and the Paranormal is heavier and larger than it needs to be with more overhang. Cybrguy is right that the DNAc boards are great, the scarcity and premium pricing is just a bit excessive.

You've always gotten more mileage out of single cell mods than me. What code do you use to get that Dovpo DNA75C under a bill? That's a good find if it's not really $139.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
but TC isn't mandatory, to not burn your herb
It obviously isn't; however, it's klutzes like me that made the fool-proof concept seem like a good idea. It's working so many times for me, and I realize and appreciate how watt mode gets me nice clouds faster than TC and then - zap - there's smoke. Great how this vape is so versatile and works for so many different users.
The way I look at it is a Splinter in wattage mode is like a Milaana. It works great and as long as you pay attention you can easily avoid combustion, but you need to stay present.
A Splinter in TC mode (a DNA chip for me) is more like a Zion where you can set a maximum temp (or power level) and make it almost impossible to combust no matter how in the moment you are (or aren't).
Lots of the time when I am indulging I am right there paying rapt attention and wattage mode is just fine. Other times not so much and I prefer the option of being out of focus...

Shit Snacks

I have a Paranormal and while it works great I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one. The rxg3d and the new Ravage are both working really well and the Paranormal is heavier and larger than it needs to be with more overhang. Cybrguy is right that the DNAc boards are great, the scarcity and premium pricing is just a bit excessive.

You've always gotten more mileage out of single cell mods than me. What code do you use to get that Dovpo DNA75C under a bill? That's a good find if it's not really $139.

VAPE30 is the code for it, yeah remember the single cell mod is only for my Splinter V2 and iHeat, not my Z's. But I do have plenty of single cells for other vapes so it tends to be simpler for me, no need to worry about charging pairs and lighter weight is important. Not sure Herbie's profiles would work with this one, but maybe I can use them as a guide to set it up myself?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
VAPE30 is the code for it, yeah remember the single cell mod is only for my Splinter V2 and iHeat, not my Z's. But I do have plenty of single cells for other vapes so it tends to be simpler for me, no need to worry about charging pairs and lighter weight is important. Not sure Herbie's profiles would work with this one, but maybe I can use them as a guide to set it up myself?
Yeah, I've never met a dna that didn't like the Herbie profiles. Good looking out and let us know how it goes!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ordered my 1st: Splinter Z (US Custom), Purpleheart wood, and XL8R, XLjr and 3 Screens package.
The usual “label created”, hoping it ships out this Monday as was indicated on the regular Splinter thread, were I was mistakenly reading, until a member posted a link to this “Z” thread. I got through the entire thread, jumped 10 pages at a time to catch up.

Thankfully, as an old time ECig user, the mod part is easy for me. I own far too many. My favorites are my DNA mods. The last one I bought was the Mirage DNAc, if I knew they were going to stop making them, I would have bought two more. Takes a single 21700 battery, I have a bunch of “true” 30 amp 21700’s. The DNA “C” = color screen is the only one I have that does the “Replay” mode, so I was glad to see a bunch of owners having positive results in that mode. Otherwise, I’ll just use the standard SS316L profile and it’s known TCR of 092, and go from there.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread and for sharing the knowledge.

Shit Snacks

Ordered my 1st: Splinter Z (US Custom), Purpleheart wood, and XL8R, XLjr and 3 Screens package.
The usual “label created”, hoping it ships out this Monday as was indicated on the regular Splinter thread, were I was mistakenly reading, until a member posted a link to this “Z” thread. I got through the entire thread, jumped 10 pages at a time to catch up.

Thankfully, as an old time ECig user, the mod part is easy for me. I own far too many. My favorites are my DNA mods. The last one I bought was the Mirage DNAc, if I knew they were going to stop making them, I would have bought two more. Takes a single 21700 battery, I have a bunch of “true” 30 amp 21700’s. The DNA “C” = color screen is the only one I have that does the “Replay” mode, so I was glad to see a bunch of owners having positive results in that mode. Otherwise, I’ll just use the standard SS316L profile and it’s known TCR of 092, and go from there.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread and for sharing the knowledge.

I don't think you should bother at all with the standard SS316 or whatever profile, it is not set for a heater like this at all, far better to download the profiles made by @HerbieVonVapster here: https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

I've never used a replay mode and still don't get the point personally, I just get the temp control setup with the profile and lock the resistance.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don't think you should bother at all with the standard SS316 or whatever profile, it is not set for a heater like this at all, far better to download the profiles made by @HerbieVonVapster here: https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

I've never used a replay mode and still don't get the point personally, I just get the temp control setup with the profile and lock the resistance.

I’ll look at those profiles, but any profile is using some TCR value, otherwise TC would not function. That’s the most important setting/value, the rest of a profile is less important, hence why folks with non DNA mods have success entering TCR values in their “memory” mods like M1,M2, etc.

RustyOldNail,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
A $30 Mod that does Tc native is certainly attractive. I can't see paying another $bill just to put a scale on it. For anyone liking the idea of playing with this, don't overlook what canned Mods can do. I really am happy with the Vaporesso Target Mini II in Tc mode. It has built in profiles like SS and Ni that can be adjusted and also has 2 custom modes. Custom curves for all 3 modes. Seriously. Why knock the opportunity for those of us on a VAS budget.

TommyDee,

LabPong

Enjoyed some kief laden- hawaiian snow flower in this Z rig while out and about.
I am running it at 45w. Is that considered to be about 380F when she gets heated and going?

Evil-Vapor-Kat.jpg

Last edited:

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
whats the difference between the splinter Z and the splinter Z V2? looks like the Z V2 is much cheaper...

srama21,

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Are you looking on RBT's site at the custom Z's compared to the ZV2 which is made in China?

I think so. The RBT site has no info on where they're made. It also doesnt have the Z listed as custom, there's just a bunch of Z's listed and then one Z V2.

Are there any differences other than them being made in china?

srama21,

Shit Snacks

I think so. The RBT site has no info on where they're made. It also doesnt have the Z listed as custom, there's just a bunch of Z's listed and then one Z V2.

Are there any differences other than them being made in china?

Smoked glass, and ceramic instead of mica in the heater. Mass produced in China is all.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: srama21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom