Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Of course he means sans mica. I assume they are both China made.

Never heard of the +? Is that the 1st sans mica edition rbt made before China production???

Summer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah the original V1 was bubinga with mica, then the V2 was blackwood with ceramic, then the V1+ was bubinga with ceramic

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Wismec Sinuous Ravage just arrived and works a treat. Red Panda is just fine only I do wish I could increment by 5°F instead of only 2 or 10°.

The Ravage seems like a good alternative to the RX Gen3 Dual, especially since the price is sometimes lower, but it is a bit taller and wider so I'm thinking of keeping a V2 on it for now.
IMG-20200227-175348-3.jpg

Bazinga

Still having a hard time with the 510 mod concept. I've been using the Geekvape Aegis X in wattage mode. With all the hype about the Reuleaux Gen 3 I think I would like to order one. Moreover, I am interested in TC mode. While using temperature control mode will mean I will not be using the Splinter as on demand?

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Still having a hard time with the 510 mod concept. I've been using the Geekvape Aegis X in wattage mode. With all the hype about the Reuleaux Gen 3 I think I would like to order one. Moreover, I am interested in TC mode. While using temperature control mode will mean I will not be using the Splinter as on demand?

No it has nothing to do with on demand, it is always on demand, but the standard TC mode likely won't work well, you will probably want to load a custom firmware like tubo mysur or arcticfox so you can adjust all the TCR settings for proper temp control with a Splinter

Shit Snacks,

Bazinga

Is the Reuleaux Gen 3 still the MOD of choice. I googled "best MOD boxes" and found that boxes featuring DNA250 were highly recommended. My goal is to use the Splinter, in on-demand mode, using temperature control. Similar to the way I use the Mighty and Fury Edge.

Bazinga,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Is the Reuleaux Gen 3 still the MOD of choice. I googled "best MOD boxes" and found that boxes featuring DNA250 were highly recommended. My goal is to use the Splinter, in on-demand mode, using temperature control. Similar to the way I use the Mighty and Fury Edge.

That would be impossible with any DNA chip, they don't support auto fire. You'll have to use the mentioned tubo, mysur or arcticfox firmware on a compatible mod.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I googled "best MOD boxes" and found that boxes featuring DNA250 were highly recommended.

I'm sure what you refer to are articles about recommendations for e cig usage – do you really need a 250 watt mod? That's most probably a bit of an overkill. I personally would think that pretty much any mod that is capable of 50 watts is okay for the Splinter, to spend lotsa money for high end chips makes no sense.

The DNAs are not made for temp-controlling a dry herb 510 mod. As @Alex3oe says, you will have to look for a mod compatible with a certain firmware.

Siebter,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Bazinga

Hard to wrap my mind around this MOD stuff. So to clarify - my goal is to use the Splinter, in on-demand mode, using temperature control. Similar to the way I use the Mighty and Fury Edge. Is this reasonable and possible?

Bazinga,

jbm

Hard to wrap my mind around this MOD stuff. So to clarify - my goal is to use the Splinter, in on-demand mode, using temperature control. Similar to the way I use the Mighty and Fury Edge. Is this reasonable and possible?
Yes, quite possible. You could use either a DNA mod or the Wismec Gen3 Dual. I use my Custom Z on this.and have recently ordered another. If you put Arctic Fox firmware on it you can look through this thread for posts by @bossman who has shared his settings for TC on both the Z and Splinter.

mephisto

Yes, with the proper firmware that works with your specific mod. DNA is great for temp control, but for the Splinter, you want to utilize one of the programs that @Alex3oe mentioned.

@jbm said it better....

mephisto,
Reactions: Easywider

Shit Snacks

Well Mighty and Fury are session based devices so no, since you use Splinter on demand and want to use it on demand, it is inherently nothing like those vapes (which also are hybrids with plenty of conduction mixed with their convection, making it even more impossible to match pure convection Splinter performance)...

The answer is a DNA mod though a regular TCR mod like G3D could do it too... Honestly I would ask someone like @bossman to set one up for you or buy directly from @VGOODIEZ and they can help so you won't need to use the computer etc yourself? Just because I remember us going through this with you before lol trying to think of the easiest option if you really want temp control

That would be impossible with any DNA chip, they don't support auto fire. You'll have to use the mentioned tubo, mysur or arcticfox firmware on a compatible mod.

They never said they wanted cruise or autofire...

I'm sure what you refer to are articles about recommendations for e cig usage – do you really need a 250 watt mod? That's most probably a bit of an overkill. I personally would think that pretty much any mod that is capable of 50 watts is okay for the Splinter, to spend lotsa money for high end chips makes no sense.

The DNAs are not made for temp-controlling a dry herb 510 mod. As @Alex3oe says, you will have to look for a mod compatible with a certain firmware.

No no DNA is good for temp control of splinter bc you can download @HerbieVonVapster's profiles so you don't need to set anything else up, unlike using TCR on another mod, though accuracy is up for debate (many say DNA are moreso, but I've heard it both ways!) And yes you don't actually need 250watts but they all have it, they don't really sell nice 50w mods especially if it uses 2batteries it's already capable of way more, it just doesn't matter for our needs is all... There's a thread somewhere lol

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
And yes you don't actually need 250watts but they all have it, they don't really sell nice 50w mods especially if it uses 2batteries it's already capable of way more, it just doesn't matter for our needs is all...

That's very true of course, even 1x18650 mods will have at least 70 watts. I didn't know specific DNA profiles were available, that makes a DNA mod a good choice indeed. They are costly, though, I think the 250-chip alone runs at 80$, that's why I was wondering a bit... But then again: I know a lot about e cig mods, but not that much about 510 dry herb vapes. :-)

badbee

@Bazinga , you should clarify what you mean by the term "on demand". In the vape industry it means the opposite of how session vapes like the Mighty and Fury work. If you explain what kind of experience you want the forum can help.

I use a Splinter Z on a Wismec P80 with the Tubo software and really like it. The temperate control isn't super precise but I don't think convection vapes can ever provide the temperature control of session conduction vapes that effectively heat sink at a specific temp.

Temp control for a Splinter acts as a cap on power to avoid massive overheating when air flow drops. There is still some variability in temp that you can manipulate with your draw rate, it allows you to set the max power higher than you would use in wattage mode.

Hammahead

TC without cruise/autofire doesn't make a hughe difference to wattage imho.
Well, I can only say this for me (DNA250c here) of course, but with TC I never have any combustion or even too brown abv, in watt mode I rarely finish a net without that. Once the Splinter is warm, it is very close to cruise mode imo. Press the fire button, inhale, exhale a lot of vapor, repeat if necessary ;)

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Well, I can only say this for me (DNA250c here) of course, but with TC I never have any combustion or even too brown abv, in watt mode I rarely finish a net without that. Once the Splinter is warm, it is very close to cruise mode imo. Press the fire button, inhale, exhale a lot of vapor, repeat if necessary ;)

you're absolutely right, but TC isn't mandatory, to not burn your herb :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Gold RX Gen3 Dual from a US warehouse for $33 shipped with code RG3:

https://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual-mod.html?sscid=21k4_m9v21

I'd prefer not to answer any more questions until you've bought a mod to use in place of the Aegis you've been talking about since last year. No offense and I appreciate the look before you leap approach but we're going in circles as a result of this sort of idle speculation.

If your latest question is "can I just turn a Splinter on for five minutes at a time like I do with my Mighty" the answer is "no, that's not what on demand means". Get yourself a TC mod that's compatible with Arctic Fox or myevic and then follow the setup instructions.

Googling best mods is not a good use of your time (or ours, honestly) because the dry herb 510 heaters aren't how hardly anyone uses box mods and you're already getting solid advice from users on FC to upgrade your mod and get your Z humming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom