Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Another question: is it advisable to place a further screen (small net) in the chamber to protect it from possible combustion (a few posts ago I spoke of a slight wisp of smoke coming from the grass placed in the mouthpiece)? I read on reddit about people who damaged the bottom of the chamber quite seriously.

No opinion on doing this. Try it if you want to, can't hurt.

MasterChief

For you guys that are successfully using a Wismec Gen3 do you mind sharing your settings for watts mode and TC? The past 3 days I’ve spent more time messing with Z than I hoped. I’m getting decent vape, but not good to warrant all the time and money spent.

I’ve had a Mighty, Crafty, MLFB, Pax, Solo 2, ArGo, and IQ. All I wanna do is turn it on, load it, adjust the temps, and get consistently lifted. Oh well, at least I gave it a try...

MasterChief,
Reactions: ataxian

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
For you guys that are successfully using a Wismec Gen3 do you mind sharing your settings for watts mode and TC? The past 3 days I’ve spent more time messing with Z than I hoped. I’m getting decent vape, but not good to warrant all the time and money spent.

I’ve had a Mighty, Crafty, MLFB, Pax, Solo 2, ArGo, and IQ. All I wanna do is turn it on, load it, adjust the temps, and get consistently lifted. Oh well, at least I gave it a try...

I don’t have that mod but just want to say that I feel your pain. The Z has a much bigger learning curve than any of the vapes you’ve listed, or any I’ve previously tried, especially if this is your first time using a box mod, as it was for me as well. I can say that it is worth persevering and once you have everything set to your liking it will be as easy as those others.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
No opinion on doing this. Try it if you want to, can't hurt.
I know I'm a newbie, but since it's a forum it's nice to express one's opinions. How is it possible not to have "no opinion"?
For the rest I thank you because so far you have been very helpful.

TiSteamo,
Reactions: ataxian

MasterChief

I don’t have that mod but just want to say that I feel your pain. The Z has a much bigger learning curve than any of the vapes you’ve listed, or any I’ve previously tried, especially if this is your first time using a box mod, as it was for me as well. I can say that it is worth persevering and once you have everything set to your liking it will be as easy as those others.

I went ahead and canceled my order for the LV Triade. Doubt I could get it to work noticeably better.

One thing I've found out is that I really missed on demand vaping. I love being able to take a hit whenever I want.

Summer

Long Island, NY
You yourself have no opinion otherwise you wouldn't be asking us for ours. I have no opinion one way or the other. All I know is I don't do it that way. As I said, you won't hurt the vape so try it and you tell us what you think.

Since you have voluminous questions, my suggestion is to read this entire thread, the Splinter thread & this thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...ns-and-customizing.23742/page-13#post-1374635

to glean a wealth of info. concerning this vape & using it with mod setings. This is what we have all done to gather info. & form our own opinions & develop our own vaping style with this vape.

And, yes, I have been very helpful on the thread & in pms. :nod:

Last edited:

jbm

You yourself have no opinion otherwise you wouldn't be asking us for ours. I have no opinion one way or the other. All I know is I don't do it that way. As I said, you won't hurt the vape so try it and you tell us what you think.

Since you have voluminous questions, my suggestion is to read this entire thread, the Splinter Z thread & this thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...ns-and-customizing.23742/page-13#post-1374635

to glean a wealth of info. concerning this vape & using it with mod setings. This is what we have all done to gather info. & form our own opinions & develop our own vaping style with this vape.

And, yes, I have been very helpful on the thread & in pms. :nod:
You are very helpful and I for one appreciate it.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I went ahead and canceled my order for the LV Triade. Doubt I could get it to work noticeably better.

One thing I've found out is that I really missed on demand vaping. I love being able to take a hit whenever I want.

Looking back on your posts, it seems like you’re mainly using the Z in wattage mode. Is that not giving you good results? What results are you getting with watts?

MasterChief

Looking back on your posts, it seems like you’re mainly using the Z in wattage mode. Is that not giving you good results? What results are you getting with watts?

So I ordered my custom Z and mod loaded with mysurevic from Vgoodiez. Here's what my screen shows:

35w
3.81v
0.46 not sure what this is, but I can lock and unlock it
0.023 I think this is ohms
4.22v
40% 3.58v

Other settings that I've messed with:

Preheat 2.5s @40w I'm not sure why the longest it will let me set the preheat is 2.5 seconds

Prot. 20 seconds

Autofire ON

ATime infinite I don't know what this is for

Right now I'm really only experimenting with the basket until I have it tweaked better. I vape at 33-40w, with 35w being my fav. I get some good flavor and good vapor after 2-3 draws. I don't start drawing until 5-7 seconds after I press fire. This includes the 2.5 second 40w preheat.

MasterChief,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
So I ordered my custom Z and mod loaded with mysurevic from Vgoodiez. Here's what my screen shows:

35w
3.81v
4.22v
40% 3.58v

Preheat 2.5s @40w I'm not sure why the longest it will let me set the preheat is 2.5 seconds

Prot. 20 seconds

Autofire ON

Right now I'm really only experimenting with the basket until I have it tweaked better. I vape at 33-40w, with 35w being my fav. I get some good flavor and good vapor after 2-3 draws. I don't start drawing until 5-7 seconds after I press fire. This includes the 2.5 second 40w preheat.
Can you also describe your herbs (how moist, grind and pack)? Have you changed the bowl recently? Is the screen rimmed or rimless? When did you last charge or swap out the batteries? @VGOODIEZ may also be able to verify the settings you have posted. -YaMon

YaMon,

MasterChief

Can you also describe your herbs (how moist, grind and pack)? Have you changed the bowl recently? Is the screen rimmed or rimless? When did you last charge or swap out the batteries? @VGOODIEZ may also be able to verify the settings you have posted. -YaMon

Herb is stored at 58% humidity. Grind is medium, tapped into a rimmed screen. Batteries were changed 2 days ago. I've been rotating XCL8R stems short/long and each one has it's own rimmed screen.

MasterChief,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Herb is stored at 58% humidity. Grind is medium, tapped into a rimmed screen. Batteries were changed 2 days ago. I've been rotating XCL8R stems short/long and each one has it's own rimmed screen.
I'm using a fine grind with three different types of herb, all around 62% humidity.. One of the three really stands out in the cloud production.

I will say I have two different mods and have been trying to work with the 2 battery VT75D, but thinking I'll switch back to the three battery. I think this heater is a huge load and it needs a battery with a lot of punch. In a two battery mod, that batteries I have are not lasting long.. back to 3.. Sorry if this does not make sense.. really fadded after using both the Z and the FlowerPot tonight

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

35w
3.81v
4.22v
40% 3.58v

Prot. 20 seconds

Autofire ON

I will tell you first that those batteries are ready to be charged at 3.58v! 40% is essentially 0 for batt level here, but it's not in danger.

Second the number you can lock is the resistance, the other resistance is a live resistance, you do not need to lock it for wattage, but can. My Z on G3D is locked from it's cold reading in the coil settings of the menu.

I don't really know what preheat does for our use with these mods, I never use it that I know of... I see the settings though.

So autofire infinity means that when you press the button it is going to be heating without you holding it down and it will keep heating until you press it again or it runs out of batteries. I set my auto fire to 25 seconds and I pretty much always stop it earlier than that, I also would not suggest using autofire as you are trying to learn it but stick to fall on demand holding down the button as you hit it (if you are trying to do this with autofire enabled then that would explain the poor results btw)

When I got my G3D I used it in stock for a while and really dug it actually. Needed myevic for the autofire, but may go back... Keeping stock on my new P80 with V2 for now.

All that really matters and wattage mode should just be the wattage, then what really matters is how you hit it. Can take a long time with a learning curve when you are used to other vapes, takes even more patience than time though in my experience trying to convert others

MasterChief

@Shit Snacks Have you had a chance to compare stock vs mysurevic in wattage mode? If I went back to stock would the only thing I'd be missing out on is autofire? Is the preheat option still available? I remember reading somewhere that changing the software with a Mac was a PITA. Is that true?

Btw, how do you like the V2 compared to the Z? Does the V2 heat up noticeably faster?

MasterChief,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Have you had a chance to compare stock vs mysurevic in wattage mode? If I went back to stock would the only thing I'd be missing out on is autofire? Is the preheat option still available? I remember reading somewhere that changing the software with a Mac was a PITA. Is that true?

Btw, how do you like the V2 compared to the Z? Does the V2 heat up noticeably faster?

Compare how so? I have used both as I said, and my P80 is stock. Performance-wise there is zero difference. There are a lot of other options in myevic, but it was designed for e-cig use so most don't apply to us... It offers a few more customizable options, but I did see a preheat in my stock P80 software so I'm sure the G3D has it as well. No idea how to use it lol I also do not have a Mac so I cannot speak to that, and I have not tried to change mine back yet either.

I like them both, my Z is an early US custom so that is more noticeable to me and it was my first splinter (though I have Zions and Milaanas). As I've said before I consider the Z to be fully instant on demand just like the V2, I don't find much difference except I often take the Z at 45w or 39-43 and have not yet felt a need to try the V2 above 39w, can stay at 27-33 really. I'm using them in different ways, Z is mostly through water more of a heavy hitter, V2 I am using more casually. Watts control the speed in a sense, need to draw faster to compensate the higher it is and not fire too long. Even my Mi2 seems to be pretty quick without a fresh battery, and Zion was always fine with a quick preheat if in too much of a hurry for the heat soak... I never much bought into any of that, it's just getting to know these heaters and how they function, its pretty common for any pure convection vape to start light and ramp up as you go

Last edited:

MasterChief

@Shit Snacks supposed to have a few days during the week. I think gonna try to put the stock FW and see how I like it. For some reason my date and time reset everytime I remove the batteries. Kinda annoying.

Anyone located in Texas? We should have and RBT gtg. :D

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
@Summer

I have so little experience of vaping which is precisely the reason why I ask opinions and advice to those who know more than me.
True, I'm probably asking "too many" questions and I'm starting to be annoying.
Don't you think, however, that the answers can also be useful to others, not just me?
Actually, I read some back pages, but I struggle to read it all, it's not even my language. I write because reading I have not found answers and sometimes not even questions.

Thanks anyway, you're helpful.

ps: I have just received a Vapcap "M" and I will not spare you from my first impressions ...:D

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'm too lazy to look, but Arctic Fox firmware I think will work with your gen3. Check it out. Better than stock, just no autofire. Have you read through the mod. firmware (my link a few posts up) & Splinter threads. You may find info. to help you out.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I'm too lazy to look, but Arctic Fox firmware I think will work with your gen3. Check it out. Better than stock, just no autofire. Have you read through the mod. firmware (my link a few posts up) & Splinter threads. You may find info. to help you out.

My advice would be to leave the sur_myevic firmware on your rxg3d. Arctic Fox does work on it. I had stock, then Arctic Fox, then myevic on mine and I can't think of a reason to go back. It wouldn't improve performance or make it easier to use.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks supposed to have a few days during the week. I think gonna try to put the stock FW and see how I like it. For some reason my date and time reset everytime I remove the batteries. Kinda annoying.

Anyone located in Texas? We should have and RBT gtg. :D

Mine had the settings reset once when I put new batteries in, but that was the second swap after I had dropped it. Otherwise it has been fine, I don't even set the date and time on these things lol

HerbieVonVapster

My advice would be to leave the sur_myevic firmware on your rxg3d. Arctic Fox does work on it. I had stock, then Arctic Fox, then myevic on mine and I can't think of a reason to go back. It wouldn't improve performance or make it easier to use.

Yep that's the route I went. Altho I did find Arctic Fox was a bit more user friendly than the Sur_myevic.
The auto fire is more important for my travel uses so went that route.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Summer

MasterChief

Do you have any idea why it would say atomizer low or check atomizer? It only says that when I try to use TCR.

MasterChief

So I just tried TCR mode again and it seem to be working for 3-4 hits, then the screen said check atomizer. Now it says check atomizer every time I hit fire. Here are my settings:

TCR120
375F
0.43 locked
3.64v
85% 3.95v

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Do you have any idea why it would say atomizer low or check atomizer? It only says that when I try to use TCR.

This is an rxg3d you're using with your Z? I only have my Z on dna mods anymore. My rxg3d is paired with my V2 and the settings are TC 180 36W and .25ohms. My Z is from .39 to .40ohms.

I haven't gotten a check atomizer error in a while and I don't have any troubleshooting advice. You might try a TC number closer to mine at some point but that's just if you wanna see it running hotter, it wouldn't help with he check atty thing.

gooroo

So I just tried TCR mode again and it seem to be working for 3-4 hits, then the screen said check atomizer. Now it says check atomizer every time I hit fire. Here are my settings:

TCR120
375F
0.43 locked
3.64v
85% 3.95v

These numbers are a little different than the sur_myevic numbers I'm used to. What is the "0.022" number? Measured resistance? If so, that's very low....like short circuit low.

gooroo,
Reactions: KeroZen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom